Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Rustique Pizza - Jersey Avenue - Hamilton Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Hands down Rustique pizza is the best in the entire city. I love love love it. I wish they'd open up one in the Square.
I don't blame them for cutting out deliveries that take a long time. The food can get cold and the delivery people don't make any money while they're sitting in traffic. F's up the rest of the delivery schedule too.

Posted on: 2014/11/4 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
I love their lobster ravioli and eggplant rollatini. It just tastes like classic Italian American fare to me.

The place can be pretty quiet some nights which is also nice when you don't want a big scene.

Posted on: 2014/11/3 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
We get pizza there every few weeks, mostly picking up. We've found that the owner and guys who've been there a while are great, but they hire some employees who suck. One guy is late 20s with annoying hair and he's always just standing around looking useless when they are busy. He took our order a few nights ago and completely fucked it up. We got it home and instead of the white pie with arugula and prosciutto, it was a red pie with broccoli and arugula. WTF! I called and they had a new pie ready in 10 min. I think they tend to give crappy employees way too many chances.

Posted on: 2014/11/2 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I usually walk the 6 blocks to pick up from La Rustique, but last night was gross, so I ordered delivery.

based on this thread, I was prepared to wait awhile. the woman who took my order confirmed that it would be at least an hour. (add in a rainy Saturday night and I thought for sure we were looking at 90 minutes or more.)

but nope. my piping-hot meal arrived in about 40 minutes.

it's my only delivery experience in 5 years of regular patronage, and it was a good one.

Posted on: 2014/11/2 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Call them and tell them to hire another delivery guy.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 16:27
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/20 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
Their pizza is amazing, their delivery is not. Don't have any issues during a week day but if you order on a Sunday expect to wait forever. Better to just pick it up yourself.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Best Pizza in DTJC

Posted on: 2014/10/25 15:33
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/4 10:26
Group:
Registered Users
We loved this pizza but had to stop ordering from here last year because of the issues with delivery. We order pizza usually once a week and our average wait times from them were 2 hours. I have a lot of stomach issues and can not risk waiting that long to eat. The delivery guys were usually apologetic but when we would call there seemed to be indifference about having to wait two hours for food. It was very eye-opening for us.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 13:23

Problems With Rustique Delivery
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/18 3:14
From Hamiliton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone else have issues with their delivery? I ordered a salad at 8:30pm. Had to cancel the order at 10:30 because the food never showed up. Called the restaurant several times to find out what was up. No explanation. Just the typical "on it's way".

Posted on: 2014/10/25 2:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/5 18:13
Group:
Registered Users
Please understand that it has nothing to do with gas prices or the neighborhood. I happen to live about 4 blocks away from the OP and unfortunately run into the same problem from time to time when trying to order from outside the neighborhood.
While we would love to meet the needs of all customers, logistically there are some deliveries that we cannot do. The previous owners would deliver to Port Liberte for a $5 fee. That however does not compensate for the time it takes to get there and back and the amount of other deliveries that can be done in that time. If it is an off peak time and I have enough drivers I will certainly deliver there. But if I have a delivery to 110 River Ct, 155 Washington and then the Heights my delivery times instantly go up. We also don't go to Hoboken because of the time it takes to get there and back and parts of Hoboken are closer than this address.
Also, in all fairness, I think the OP should mention that at times when we have not been able to deliver I have offered her 10% off her order to come pick it up and my wife has made a delivery to her on her way home after working at her full time job all day.

Posted on: 2012/3/23 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I understand gas prices are through the roof but why completely alienate Heights customers? Instead of flat out saying, "We won't deliver to you" how about adding a small delivery fee? A few people may grumble but a lot of places are adding them. Store owner keeps a customer and customer gets a yummy pizza.

Posted on: 2012/3/23 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
oh no! we live in the Heights too and love La Rustique pies... crap - they won't deliver to us anymore!?!?

Posted on: 2012/3/23 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

norabora wrote:
I have been ordering from Rustique (nee La Rustique) since it opened ten years ago. Their pizza is the best in Jersey City, but unfortunately new management has ruined it for me. I live in the Heights, and for many years they would deliver to me with no problem. Now, all of a sudden, they won't make the trip. Three times in a row I've asked, and been refused. I mentioned to the man who answered the phone that I've been a loyal customer for ten years and that it hadn't been a problem before and his response was "well, they were never busy before". First of all, that's a hell of a thing to say to someone who orders twice a month. Second of all, if you're such a victim of success, hire another driver. I guess I'll make my own damn pizza now. Extremely, extremely disappointing.

I don't think ordering twice a month is enough incentive to provide delivery to a far location unless they were large orders which would justify the extra service.

Posted on: 2012/3/23 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DryBlue wrote:
I'm new to La Rustique...
...What's the atmosphere like at the actual restaurant? Is it BYOB? Hoping to actually eat there soon.

Atmosphere is nice. A step up from a standard pizzeria. It is BYOB, although there is a bar you can sit at that is residual from a previous incarnation of the space. There is table service. And of course, food is always better at the restaurant than delivery. They have a few tables outside, too.

The new management have brought us back and won us over.

Posted on: 2012/3/23 12:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/7 6:29
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I'm new to La Rustique, but after 3 deliveries this place has rightfully earned a spot on my speed dial. I've had the cheese ravioli twice and the mac n' cheese once. I really liked their mac n' cheese, but the ravioli is my favorite so far. The tomato sauce is nice and garlicky and tastes fresh. Not heavy or creamy like other places. Along with the homemade loaf of bread they provide -- it's just perfect. Looking fwd to trying their pizza next. What's the atmosphere like at the actual restaurant? Is it BYOB? Hoping to actually eat there soon.

Posted on: 2012/3/23 5:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/23 11:51
Group:
Registered Users
I have been ordering from Rustique (nee La Rustique) since it opened ten years ago. Their pizza is the best in Jersey City, but unfortunately new management has ruined it for me. I live in the Heights, and for many years they would deliver to me with no problem. Now, all of a sudden, they won't make the trip. Three times in a row I've asked, and been refused. I mentioned to the man who answered the phone that I've been a loyal customer for ten years and that it hadn't been a problem before and his response was "well, they were never busy before". First of all, that's a hell of a thing to say to someone who orders twice a month. Second of all, if you're such a victim of success, hire another driver. I guess I'll make my own damn pizza now. Extremely, extremely disappointing.

Posted on: 2012/3/22 23:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the tip, we will look into grubhub and delivery.com. We will be on Seamless Web within the next two weeks.
Our buffalo sauce is probably a little milder than before but we will be more than happy to spice it up for you on request.
A "newish" menu can be found on Hudson Menus http://hudsonmenus.com/listingsdetail.php?restid=480
There may be a couple of different prices and items from what we are offering now. Our final menu will be available within the next week.
For now you can check our facebook page for specials. We just added stuffed mushrooms today and will be adding an arugula salad.
Thanks again everyone. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Posted on: 2011/10/27 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Joe, my family really likes the Buffalo chicken pizza roll and noticed that the sauce isn't nearly as spicy as it used to be. Hope you have plans to 'hotten it up.' Thanks

Posted on: 2011/10/27 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RustiquePizza wrote:
Thank you for the positive responses. We are working hard to offer the best pizza and Italian food in Jersey City. I also want to thank everyone that may have given up on Cafe La Rustique and is giving the new Rustique Pizza a chance.
As many of you may know, the cheese used on our pizza is made fresh in house. It is possible that a batch got over salted and made it on to some of the pizza before we noticed it. We are going to make some mistakes along the way, but are doing our best to keep them to a minimum and correct them when we do. Please keep letting us know what we're getting right and what we're not.
All of our bread, soups and desserts are made on the premises as well as a homemade ravioli special.
So please come check us out and see what we are all about.

Thanks,
Joe Rosiello

Hey Joe,

A lot of us in JC use www.delivery.com and www.grubhub.com when we are surfing for delivery. Might be worth signing up.

Posted on: 2011/10/27 7:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
I'm crazy about Rustique. Really delicious pizza. Make sure you get black olives on yours. They use tasty fresh kalamata (or similar) olives, not canned black olives like many places.

Posted on: 2011/10/27 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for letting us know Joe. Yes I have noticed your ravioli add and I look forward to getting a taste very soon. I wish some people would stop doing the association (even unconsciously) with the old rustique and its peculiar management which is so different from your attentive and warm approach. Maybe you could make it a pun and call your place "The New Rustique", I wish you very well.

Posted on: 2011/10/26 23:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
For what it's worth, I ordered a pizza from them under the new management and found it to be very good - basically as good as the pizza was on a very good day under the old management. Which is actually very good.

Although I do also like the pizza at Abbondanza, this place still has my favorite pizza in JC.

And good on them for responding to the post.

Posted on: 2011/10/26 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
I think it's really cool that they responded. I'll definitely give them another try.

Posted on: 2011/10/26 20:48
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/31 22:57
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, this place sounds great. Do they deliver to Paulus Hook ?

Posted on: 2011/10/26 20:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for the positive responses. We are working hard to offer the best pizza and Italian food in Jersey City. I also want to thank everyone that may have given up on Cafe La Rustique and is giving the new Rustique Pizza a chance.
As many of you may know, the cheese used on our pizza is made fresh in house. It is possible that a batch got over salted and made it on to some of the pizza before we noticed it. We are going to make some mistakes along the way, but are doing our best to keep them to a minimum and correct them when we do. Please keep letting us know what we're getting right and what we're not.
All of our bread, soups and desserts are made on the premises as well as a homemade ravioli special.
So please come check us out and see what we are all about.

Thanks,
Joe Rosiello

Posted on: 2011/10/26 18:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/18 19:20
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I agree, the margarita was super salty. The flavors were right, and the crust was tasty, but the salt was definitely an issue. Still, nice to see the place picking up. Crazy as that lady was, I kind of miss the old pizza dude they had. He was consistent. I... need pizza consistency in my life...

Posted on: 2011/10/26 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know. I loved the margarita pie with the old management (crazy or not, I got delivery and didn't really deal with them).
I ordered a margarita pie under the new management and found it be very - I mean *very* - salty. And I like salt as much as the next American, but this was too salty.
Has anyone else had this experience/ We'll probably give it another chance, but if it is still so salty we'll have to move on to some other place.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 17:46
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, food is definitely better than before. And there's no more CRAZY! The menu has expanded and is expanding. We have been slowly sampling our way through.

Some highlights for us:
- the homemade cheesecake
- sandwiches (the bread is also made in-house!)
- pasta with seafood (clams, mussels)
- pizza with arugula and proscuitto

Posted on: 2011/10/24 17:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Very happy with new mgmt and pizza as always is very solid...

Posted on: 2011/10/23 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, this place has improved A LOT. Under the old management, the service was a joke. You felt like you were intruding on their brand of craziness. Now, the food is as good as or better than it was, and the service is great. They're very friendly and attentive. Highly recommended.

Posted on: 2011/10/23 16:23

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017