Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/3/9 15:00
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 62
Offline
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
there appears to be a special relationship between Steven and Akil! Steven has tossed everyone else to the curb when it was in his best interest, but not Akil! Why?


Especially considering that Akil really brings nothing to the table other than his Ward F political connections. He has no skills for the workplace and is universally disliked by most City workers and the Jersey City business community.

Posted on: 2014/10/12 2:34
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/1/10 22:45
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 161
Offline
there appears to be a special relationship between Steven and Akil! Steven has tossed everyone else to the curb when it was in his best interest, but not Akil! Why?

Posted on: 2014/10/12 2:23
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/10/11 0:37
Last Login :
2015/6/26 10:51
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
In a June 2014, solicitation letter from Akil's "More Than a Race (MTR)", he solicited funds in the name of MTR which had its tax exempt status rescinded by the IRS. MTR asks checks be made out to the "Jersey City Youth Foundation" and mailed to 230 7th Street, Jersey City N.J.
This letter is sent under cover of MTR which is indisputably under the control Mayor Fulop's Chief of Staff Muhammed Akil, the correspondence is signed by MTR Executive Director Richard Moon. The solicitation letter does not ask checks be made out to MTR but that checks be made out to the "Jersey City Youth Foundation", which is essentially a political arm of Mayor Fulop, the letter also claims donations would be tax deductible, whether or not that is the case will certainly be uncovered. http://jcyouth.org

Two of the Board Members of the "Jersey City Youth Foundation".

The Chair of the "Jersey City Youth Foundation" is Veronica Park who is the chief fundraiser coordinator for Mayor Fulop and has been for quite some time. As per her BIO, Ms. Park is also on the advisory board of the Jersey City Medical Center, a position Mayor Fulop had appointed her to by way of a 4/16/2014 letter. The letter of solicitation from Mayoral Chief of Staff Muhammed Akil's MTR asks that donated funds be sent to the residence of Ms. Park and made out to the "Jersey City Youth Foundation". In her BIO Ms. Park lends credibility to her competence by putting forth her work at Yo Mon Yogurt and Starbucks as an operations and marketing developer.

Another board member on the "Jersey City Youth Foundation" is Elissa Fulop a close relative of the mayor whom is the only board member that acknowledges living out of town. Prominent in her Bio is the fact that she works as a Vice President in Digital Marketing for Merrill Lynch.

As to the rest of the members of the board, a quick review will reveal that all but one are long time Fulop operatives.

I only wonder, if this mangled mesh of finances go south, how happy will Starbucks, Yo Mon Yogurt and Merrill Lynch be that their good names have been involved by their employees.

BELOW ARE THE BIO'S FOR BOARD CHAIR VERONICA PARK AND BOARD MEMBER ELISSA FULOP (ELISSA FULOP IS INCLUDED TO DEMONSTRATE THE STRONG CONNECTION THAT HE HAS WITH THIS ORGANIZATION, AN ORGANIZATION THAT HIS CHIEF OF STAFF IS ATTEMPTING TO SOLICIT DONATIONS FROM FIRMS DOING BUSINESS WITH THE CITY).


Veronica Park Chairwoman of Jersey City Youth Foundation:

Veronica Park lives in Jersey City with her 3 children who all attend PS #37. She is actively involved in her community with fundraising, consulting and connecting individuals for the common benefit of all. She is passionate about our city and has led the Mayor?s Backpack, Turkey and Toy Drive efforts for the past 4 years. She is a Board Member for the Jersey City Medical Center, Advisory Board Member for Bareburger, and Business Consultant for Yo Mon Yogurt. She was also the Finance Director and Inauguration Committee Chair for Mayor Steven Fulop.
Veronica Park continues her journey at Starbucks Coffee Company as a business, operations and market development leader with over the 20+ years. She is a high-integrity, results-oriented entrepreneurial master known for her ability to develop, replicate, strengthen and scale operations on a regional, national and international basis.


[b]Board member Ellissa Fulop of West Orange:


Elissa Fulop has over twenty years of marketing and advertising experience within financial services. Elissa has demonstrated the ability to drive results, lead and build effective cross-functional teams, create innovative product and marketing opportunities and manage key relationships both internally and externally. She is currently the Vice President of Digital Marketing at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. In this role, Elissa is responsible for partnership in defining strategies and aligning priorities for the Institutional Retirement business.Elissa graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a BA in Finance and currently lives in West Orange with her husband, 2 daughters and bulldog named Mugsy.




Posted on: 2014/10/11 23:41
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/6/17 17:22
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 336
Offline
I think it's safe to assume that Fulop better be looking closely at where his political contributions are coming from.
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:
Quote:

Heights2014 wrote:
Below is the link to the Hudson County View expose on the Akil "Non Profit" "More Than a Race"(MTR). In August 2013, 3 months after the mayoral election, letters were sent out by MTR to multiple donors who gave very large donations to Akil's MTR. Although Akil's MTR had it's "Non Profit" status revoked by the IRS, MTR told the contributors that it had tax exempt status and donations were tax deductible. Among the donors were:

1) The Decoitis law firm: over $7,000.00 contributed. This law firm subsequently secured up to a $500,000.00 contract with the Jersey City MUA.

2) MCE, an engineering firm: over $3,700.00 contributed. This firm subsequently received a contract from the Jersey City MUA worth several hundred thousand dollars

3) "25 Senate Place": contributed a $1,000.00. Shortly thereafter it received a tax abatement.

John Thieroff the former campaign manager for Mayor Fulop is a trustee of Akil's MTR and he is also a commissioner on the Jersey City MUA.

Gerald Balmir is a Hudson County Freeholder and is also the Chairman of the MUA. Akil was Balmir's campaign manager during his recent run in the democratic primary.

Richard Moon is the Executive Director of More Than a Race (MTR). Mr. Moon is also the owner of the house on Arlington Avenue in which the "Secret meeting with CERF" was conducted by then Councilman Fulop and his hand picked BOE Members. Interestingly, when Mr. Moon was asked if he had attended that secret meeting he told Jersey a Journal Reporter Terrance McDonald he "could not remember".

http://hudsoncountyview.com/radical-p ... med-akil-raise-questions/


So it would be safe to assume that Richard Moon is also full of shit? He let's people have secret meetings at his house and he didn't remember being there?

Posted on: 2014/10/11 14:28
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Quote:

Heights2014 wrote:
Below is the link to the Hudson County View expose on the Akil "Non Profit" "More Than a Race"(MTR). In August 2013, 3 months after the mayoral election, letters were sent out by MTR to multiple donors who gave very large donations to Akil's MTR. Although Akil's MTR had it's "Non Profit" status revoked by the IRS, MTR told the contributors that it had tax exempt status and donations were tax deductible. Among the donors were:

1) The Decoitis law firm: over $7,000.00 contributed. This law firm subsequently secured up to a $500,000.00 contract with the Jersey City MUA.

2) MCE, an engineering firm: over $3,700.00 contributed. This firm subsequently received a contract from the Jersey City MUA worth several hundred thousand dollars

3) "25 Senate Place": contributed a $1,000.00. Shortly thereafter it received a tax abatement.

John Thieroff the former campaign manager for Mayor Fulop is a trustee of Akil's MTR and he is also a commissioner on the Jersey City MUA.

Gerald Balmir is a Hudson County Freeholder and is also the Chairman of the MUA. Akil was Balmir's campaign manager during his recent run in the democratic primary.

Richard Moon is the Executive Director of More Than a Race (MTR). Mr. Moon is also the owner of the house on Arlington Avenue in which the "Secret meeting with CERF" was conducted by then Councilman Fulop and his hand picked BOE Members. Interestingly, when Mr. Moon was asked if he had attended that secret meeting he told Jersey a Journal Reporter Terrance McDonald he "could not remember".

http://hudsoncountyview.com/radical-p ... med-akil-raise-questions/


So it would be safe to assume that Richard Moon is also full of shit? He let's people have secret meetings at his house and he didn't remember being there?

Posted on: 2014/10/11 4:07
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/10/11 0:37
Last Login :
2015/6/26 10:51
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
On the Hudson County View expose of Akil and his More Than a Race (MTF) there is some other interesting donations listed in both 2012 and 2013.

In 2013 H & P Consultants contributed over $1,800.00 to Akil's MTF and was also sent a letter by Executive Director Richard Moon that erroneously represented that the donation was tax exempt when in fact MTF'S tax exempt status had been revoked by the IRS. H & P Consultants is run by Ray Ferraioli who is Mayor Fulop's primary professional fundraiser.

In 2012, John and Wendy Neuvia contributed $5000.00 to MTF VIA THEN COUNCILMAN STEVEN FULOP. Coincidently, this was the year that Councilman Fulop supported Diane Coleman for Councilwoman in Ward F, Muhammed Akil was Councilwoman Coleman's campaign manager.

Below is the link from Hudson County View.

http://hudsoncountyview.com/radical-p ... med-akil-raise-questions/

Posted on: 2014/10/11 4:05
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
My question is why would Fulop have any reason to keep a serious liability hanging around?
Akil served his purpose and helped deliver Ward F. For that he was handsomely rewarded and Fulop owes him nothing.
Fulop no longer needs the services of Akil. If he runs for reelection his machine will trample any opponent.
If he runs for governor he's got major backers and real powerbrokers behind him. Is Akil worth anything to him at this point?
There was no downside to publicly firing Akil. Steve could easily hook him up in the private sector if he really is that loyal.

There is something seriously wrong with this picture and it all has to do with the phony charity.

Posted on: 2014/10/11 3:52
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
3/15 23:54
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4119
Offline
You might be right - speculation might suggest Akil has something over Fulop or one of his affiliates that could directly affect his political career path or aspirations!

Posted on: 2014/10/11 2:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
...

Rabble rabble lol. I'd suggest you take a very close look at your aspirations, as you are falling FAR short of them.
...


My aspirations? That's a typical idiotic statement from someone who is sociopathic if not pyschopathic. If you think I'm FAR short, guess I'm doing something right.

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:37
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2898
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
...

DTJCview, why would you think anyone takes your opinion seriously?
...


Don't know. Perhaps because I know what the word empathy means? Perhaps because I know my own limitations and strive for personal self-knowledge and self-awareness? And perhaps because I don't belong to a mutual masturbation club of circle jerks like you, Monroe and DA?

Tell you what. Let's have this convo when you idiots fail and Fulop is Gov?


Rabble rabble lol. I'd suggest you take a very close look at your aspirations, as you are falling FAR short of them.

And this is nothing personal against Fulop. I know the next governor is unfortunately going to be a Democrat who will cave to the unions and raise taxes yet again, driving even more out of this state.

But Fulop's choices of the disasters he promotes and surrounds himself with will come back to bite him hard. Count on it.

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:25
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/10/11 0:37
Last Login :
2015/6/26 10:51
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
On July 12, 2012 Terrence McDonald of the JJ wrote an article regarding the secret meeting that Councilman Fulop had organized with Commissioner of Education CERF and select members of the Board of a Education that Fulop hand picked. The "secret meeting" was held on Arlington Avenue with Fulop reminding all participants to keep the gathering confidential.

The owner of the Arington Avenue home in which this meeting occurred at is Richard Moon. Richard Moon who aside from being an Arlington Avenue homeowner is also the Executive Director of Muhammed Akil's "More Than a Race (MTR). Akil and Mr. Moon represent MTR as being "A NON PROFIT" when in fact the IRS revoked its non profit status.

Below is a link to Terrence McDonalds 2012 article detailing his investigation into the secret meeting.

http://hudsoncountyview.com/radical-p ... med-akil-raise-questions/

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:25
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
...

DTJCview, why would you think anyone takes your opinion seriously?
...


Don't know. Perhaps because I know what the word empathy means? Perhaps because I know my own limitations and strive for personal self-knowledge and self-awareness? And perhaps because I don't belong to a mutual masturbation club of circle jerks like you, Monroe and DA?

Tell you what. Let's have this convo when you idiots fail and Fulop is Gov?

PS: you never said which JC man you're eating...

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:21
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/3/9 15:00
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 62
Offline
Back in the day, another person using the Hitler card, Al Sharpton :

?We have the facts and the evidence that an assistant district attorney and a state trooper did this,? Mr. Sharpton said. He called Gov. Mario M. Cuomo a racist and warned that powerful state officials were complicit. When asked whether Ms. Brawley would speak with the state attorney general, Robert Abrams, Mr. Sharpton said that would be like asking someone in a concentration camp to talk to Hitler.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/03/boo ... ey-rape-scandal.html?_r=0

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:11
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/10/11 0:37
Last Login :
2015/6/26 10:51
From Jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
Below is the link to the Hudson County View expose on the Akil "Non Profit" "More Than a Race"(MTR). In August 2013, 3 months after the mayoral election, letters were sent out by MTR to multiple donors who gave very large donations to Akil's MTR. Although Akil's MTR had it's "Non Profit" status revoked by the IRS, MTR told the contributors that it had tax exempt status and donations were tax deductible. Among the donors were:

1) The Decoitis law firm: over $7,000.00 contributed. This law firm subsequently secured up to a $500,000.00 contract with the Jersey City MUA.

2) MCE, an engineering firm: over $3,700.00 contributed. This firm subsequently received a contract from the Jersey City MUA worth several hundred thousand dollars

3) "25 Senate Place": contributed a $1,000.00. Shortly thereafter it received a tax abatement.

John Thieroff the former campaign manager for Mayor Fulop is a trustee of Akil's MTR and he is also a commissioner on the Jersey City MUA.

Gerald Balmir is a Hudson County Freeholder and is also the Chairman of the MUA. Akil was Balmir's campaign manager during his recent run in the democratic primary.

Richard Moon is the Executive Director of More Than a Race (MTR). Mr. Moon is also the owner of the house on Arlington Avenue in which the "Secret meeting with CERF" was conducted by then Councilman Fulop and his hand picked BOE Members. Interestingly, when Mr. Moon was asked if he had attended that secret meeting he told Jersey a Journal Reporter Terrance McDonald he "could not remember".

http://hudsoncountyview.com/radical-p ... med-akil-raise-questions/

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:10
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2898
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
First she gets noted for 'forgetting' to say she lives with a convicted murderer, cop hater, and race baiter.


It's really weird that you keep bringing up that he's a cop hater. As though that's a crime or something. What does that have to do with anything? Or maybe you take it personally.


Weird? Why? He's a cop hating, race baiting, murdering ex-con drug trafficker. You can list them in any order you want.


Monroe. When you, JCman8, DA and others in your circle of jerks take this kind of test and post your results online, I might take you seriously.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Though I guess we might have to wait for RQ testing to verify your ignorance, stupidity or otherwise.

http://io9.com/a-test-to-measure-how- ... -you-really-are-609412488
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases



DTJCview, why would you think anyone takes your opinion seriously?

Time and time again you've demonstrated the combination of a feeble intellect paired with a tendency to quickly anger and spew flaccid insults.

On the rare occasion you actually try advancing an "argument," it generally consists of you triumphantly knocking down a scarecrow and feeling proud of yourself. Shortly thereafter, you get completely embarrassed and return to the flaccid insults. Many times you make sense only to yourself.

I take it from your post that you are defending yet another lowlife. Or not, it really doesn't matter. Go ahead and ramble on some more lol.

Posted on: 2014/10/11 1:04
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
You're seemingly defending a convicted murderer, drug dealer, cop hating, under the influence driving race baiting dirtbag-

and I've got a problem?

lol

Posted on: 2014/10/11 0:29
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
First she gets noted for 'forgetting' to say she lives with a convicted murderer, cop hater, and race baiter.


It's really weird that you keep bringing up that he's a cop hater. As though that's a crime or something. What does that have to do with anything? Or maybe you take it personally.


Weird? Why? He's a cop hating, race baiting, murdering ex-con drug trafficker. You can list them in any order you want.


Monroe. When you, JCman8, DA and others in your circle of jerks take this kind of test and post your results online, I might take you seriously.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

Though I guess we might have to wait for RQ testing to verify your ignorance, stupidity or otherwise.

http://io9.com/a-test-to-measure-how- ... -you-really-are-609412488
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases


Posted on: 2014/10/11 0:20
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/3/9 15:00
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 62
Offline
Quote:

CAR285 wrote:
Akil was hired and fired by the Cunningham administration


He was fired because he used a City employee, during the course of her working day, to work on Akil's personal business.

Posted on: 2014/10/11 0:16
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
First she gets noted for 'forgetting' to say she lives with a convicted murderer, cop hater, and race baiter.


It's really weird that you keep bringing up that he's a cop hater. As though that's a crime or something. What does that have to do with anything? Or maybe you take it personally.


Weird? Why? He's a cop hating, race baiting, murdering ex-con drug trafficker. You can list them in any order you want.

As to the 'take it personally' comment, you've chickened out on my offer (in fact you never even responded) to prove I'm not a cop. I'll say it again-let's meet, each bring $100, and I'll give you my license and you can google me-I'm well known in my profession. I'll even buy you a beer, so you'll only be out $95!

I'll take your $100 and give it to Team Walker, for the kids.

Deal? Or will you turn tail and hide again for a few days?


Posted on: 2014/10/11 0:09
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/8/27 22:16
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 344
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
First she gets noted for 'forgetting' to say she lives with a convicted murderer, cop hater, and race baiter.


It's really weird that you keep bringing up that he's a cop hater. As though that's a crime or something. What does that have to do with anything? Or maybe you take it personally.

Posted on: 2014/10/11 0:02
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/1/21 16:39
Last Login :
2014/10/10 23:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 16
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Who fired Akil in the Healy administration? My understanding was that he had a pretty senior role in the HHS department right through the end of the term.


There were several posts in this thread about the previous administrations that fired him. I don't think Healy was one.

But Fulop is the one who promoted this wacko to such a high post. Not to mention the defense of "well Healy hired him" isn't saying very much...


Akil was hired and fired by the Cunningham administration and was brought back a few years later by Acting Mayor Smith who gave him a Civil Service title. The Healy administration could not just fire him since he had a Civil Service title and they moved him to the Health Department. He ran a food program and was able to keep his 90,000.00 a year salary that former Mayor Smith gave him.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 23:26
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

sameastheoldboss wrote:
The time has passed to speculate on why Fulop did not fire Akil.
...


For Fulop it's a simple trade-off. Fire or support. What section of voters is he prepared to alienate given his current role and future ambitions? "Damned if you do and damned if you don't" - if you like. As a politician he's supporting Akil. Personally I believe he's got it right. But I might be wrong and Fulop might be wrong. It's a gamble when it comes to politics. Akil might explode in his face. Or help him win re-election as mayor, or election as governor.

I'd say though - you're helping his future campaigns a lot. It's good to get in front of these types of questions early.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 23:17
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
An apt comparison is DeBlasio's wife's chief of staff, who the taxpayers of NY pay a nice $170K salary. First she gets noted for 'forgetting' to say she lives with a convicted murderer, cop hater, and race baiter. Then it's released that she lied on her request for a waiver to not live in NYC, because her son needed to be near his doctors after an accident-although he was starring on his NJ high school football team. Then she also 'forgot' to list her tax lien to the IRS. Now it's been found out that she let her live in boyfriend, the convicted murderer, drive her car, without a license, while stoned and in possession of marijuana, the wrong way on a one way street.

And Comrade DeBlasio is refusing to comment today when asked by reporters.

Just imagine if a Republican mayor had a high profile, well paid aide like that on the payroll . . .


Posted on: 2014/10/10 21:06
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
The time has passed to speculate on why Fulop did not fire Akil.
The question now is why did he keep him knowing this is political
suicide outside of Ward F.
My bet is on Akil having so much dirt on the administration they're
afraid to cut him loose because he could send them to prison.
That is more plausible than he's a huge asset and irreplaceable.
120k plus Cadillac benefits are one way of keeping him quiet.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 20:46
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2898
Offline
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Who fired Akil in the Healy administration? My understanding was that he had a pretty senior role in the HHS department right through the end of the term.


There were several posts in this thread about the previous administrations that fired him. I don't think Healy was one.

But Fulop is the one who promoted this wacko to such a high post. Not to mention the defense of "well Healy hired him" isn't saying very much...

Posted on: 2014/10/10 19:40
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Today 18:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 5034
Offline
Pebble, everytime, some priest at a pulpit attacked the Nazi during the war, some convent, priest, or religious group were seized by the government. The way the church helped by hiding Jews in Catholic institutions or provide passage to leave the country. http://www.catholic.com/documents/how-pius-xii-protected-jews
Here is another article:http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/p ... housands-of-jews-1.300589

Posted on: 2014/10/10 18:53

Edited by Yvonne on 2014/10/10 19:08:59
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/9/24 1:55
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 231
Offline
Who fired Akil in the Healy administration? My understanding was that he had a pretty senior role in the HHS department right through the end of the term.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 16:27
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2898
Offline
Pebble, you are seriously embarrassing yourself here. It is clear you have no clue what you're talking about. You didn't even comprehend your own link.

I will make it very simple for you. You seem to believe that any time someone starts a sentence with the word "if," this = a strawman. This is simplistic thinking, incorrect, and shows you have no idea what a strawman is.

In fact, a strawman argument is commonly known as putting words in someone's mouth, and attacking them based on something they never said.

Go back and look at your link on strawman and actually try using your brain this time. You will see a strawman is distorting what someone is saying. When people say a white person would have been fired for similar remarks, that isn't putting words in your mouth.

In fact, starting a sentence with "if" means you are using a hypothetical. Hypotheticals are perfectly valid, and used all the time in logical argument. The key to assessing a hypothetical is to examine the foundation it's based on.

Now that you have been educated, we can look at the merits of the hypothetical white employee who most agree would have been fired immediately. You "refuse to address it" because it illustrates a blatant double standard. There really is no question that a racist, gay bashing, Catholic bashing radical would have been immediately fired if he was white, as white people have been crucified for far less.

Deen is a great example whether you admit it or not. Much of the outrage was directed at her use of the N word in the 80s, not the plantation wedding. Since your memory evidentially failed you, just Google and you will find many many media articles attacking her solely on the basis that using the N word is NEVER ok for a white person, no matter how long ago. And her public apology was largely rejected.

And of course, even without Deen, anyone remotely cognizant of the very PC climate we live in would realize a white guy would have been finished long ago.

Bottom line is although Akil's job has only been saved because he is black, Fulop still looks terrible for appointing him to such a high position to begin with. Keep in mind he was fired by two previous administrations. When you look at the other disgraced characters Fulop surrounds himself with, you get the feeling the man is not ready to run for Governor.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 16:23
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/11/12 22:57
Last Login :
2014/10/29 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 24
Offline
Pebble if you want to play straw man simply replace Muhammed Akil with David Duke and make your argument.
Akil is a radical racist and deserves no place in government at any level.

Whatever shady dealings Fulop, Theiroff, and Park engaged themselves in that have the administration beholden to him are not going to go away.
This is not hearsay there is a paper trail and to paraphrase FAB if a bunch of hacks on JCList can pick this apart imagine what the forensic accountants at the FBI can do.
I'd be very worried that any day a bunch of guys in raid jackets are going to be at the door.


Posted on: 2014/10/10 16:15
 Top 


Re: Muhammed Akil, All white people have a little Hilter in them
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 21:43
Last Login :
2019/12/17 22:00
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1894
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Pebble, that is an absolute lie that the pope during War World 2 turned a blind eye. Jew were hidden in Catholic places and were given phony baptism certificates to help them leave. When I was a little child, I had a Jewish neighbor who told me about the wonderful things the pope did during World War 2, this was in the 1950s. Sometime in the 1970s different stories emerged. The largest group to die were Jews but the another large group was priests and religious. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new ... ests_killed_in_holocaust/

Really? If the Pope didn?t turn a blind eye then why did the Vatican issue an apology for inaction during the Holocaust in 1998? (http://tech.mit.edu/V118/N13/bvatican.13w.html)

Learn the history of your own church sometime. I'd suggest starting with reading news sources that don't come directly from the church itself...

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, forget third party reports-he already admitted it, because he apologized for it . . . as did Fulop.

(A half assed apology, but saying you've changed is a de facto admittance).

I never contended that he didn?t say those things. I said that we don't have a transcript of the speech. At best we have third party reports. I?m actually really curious what the actual speech was.


Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
The amusing thing is that Pebble persists in this absurd argument, convincing absolutely no one, that if Akil was white he would not have been fired.

Anyone with two brain cells knows a white public figure who made similar racist remarks 19 years ago would have been out the door by now. And no, saying that is not a strawman. You look very foolish when you keep repeating that term when you clearly have no idea what it means.

Hey look, you?ve no real argument so you went to the strawman well again! I suggest you go back and look up the definition if you want to keep claiming I don?t know it?

Here?s some help. Example:
Quote:
A: Sunny days are good.
B: If all days were sunny, we'd never have rain, and without rain, we'd have famine and death.
In this case, B falsely frames A's claim to imply that A believes only sunny days are good, and B argues against that assertion. A actually asserts that sunny days are good and, in fact, says nothing about rainy days.[disputed ? discuss]

Notice the use of IF and the subsequent claim that has nothing to do with the actual argument? Akil is black and not white. It is impossible to know exactly what would occur if Akil was white because he is not and that fact will not change.

PS: point to one part where I state that he wouldn?t be fired if he was white? I just refuse to address it since it involves a scenario that does not exist.

Posted on: 2014/10/10 15:41
Dos A Cero
 Top 




« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017