Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 24 »

Re: What's going there?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

diamat wrote:
What about the sizable lot next to Choc-o-Pain on Jersey Ave?
They're pile-driving, anyone know what for? (Aside from the Whole Foods/Trader Joe's...)

Developer is Urban Square Properties. http://www.urbansquareproperties.com/#!copy-of-532-jersey-ave/camz

"Ideally located in the heart of downtown Jersey City. This new property is destined to be the perfect place to live. Offering ground floor retail space, (~11,000 sq. ft.), as well as 76 rental apartments in a variety of layouts from studios, with and without lofts, to one and two bedrooms. Underground parking is also available."

Resized Image

I find the rendering pretty hilarious because it hardly shows the new building at all, mostly the century old rowhouses that already exist there.

Posted on: 2014/9/28 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/9/26 16:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
more recent map:
http://thejcra.org/jcra_files/File/re ... Map%20Jan%2017%202014.pdf

Quote:

moobycow wrote:
According to the JC redevelopment map it's going to have 14,000sq feet of retail.

http://thejcra.org/jcra_files/File/bi ... n%20Development%20Map.pdf

Posted on: 2014/9/24 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
According to the JC redevelopment map it's going to have 14,000sq feet of retail.

http://thejcra.org/jcra_files/File/bi ... n%20Development%20Map.pdf

Posted on: 2014/9/24 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
as far as renderings are concerned, developers should post these in front of their developments imo

Posted on: 2014/9/24 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
It could be a substantial retail base ... anyone have any renderings of the building? Who is the developer?

Posted on: 2014/9/24 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

diamat wrote:
They're pile-driving, anyone know what for? (Aside from the Whole Foods/Trader Joe's...)

Apparently it's going to be a residential building, and I'm not certain about retail space size.

I'm pretty sure there is ground floor retail in the plan. That space is certainly bigger than I would have expected before they got work.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 11:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

diamat wrote:

Apparently it's going to be a residential building, and I'm not certain about retail space size.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 3:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/30 20:46
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/24 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Rumor on la rue (ROLR) is that a Vietnamese Resto is opening on 1st between Jersey and Newark a few storefronts down from the Bubble Tea. It's the place that looks like it might now be doing graphics. Any one else hear about it? Nice that the not Main Streets, like Erie and the Numbers are commercalizing too IMEO.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 13:14

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/2 21:46
Group:
Registered Users
I honestly hope it's not true but seems to be the rumor of the day :/

Posted on: 2014/9/23 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Good grief, say what? You must be joking.

Posted on: 2014/9/22 19:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/2 21:46
Group:
Registered Users
enough with the hoboken vs jc bs, this is a jc website. go somewhere else with that.

in other news: any truth to the rumor that there's a TGI Friday's moving into the Pershing Bldg at 102 Christopher Columbus Dr?

Posted on: 2014/9/22 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Why don't we not derail this thread. Start a new "Hoboken vs. Jersey City pissing contest" or keep it about new development inquiries and answers.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Another thing Hoboken does that I can't see happening in Jersey City is turning what are normally dive/sports bars into "dance clubs" on the weekends, complete with disco balls and DJs. That sort of faux-clubby atmosphere is definitely a huge part of the douche factor.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 17:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JaeTea wrote:
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Is anyone else a little nervous about 5 new restaurants - each with a liquor license - opening on one short block?

While I'm psyched that vacant buildings are getting filled, especially on the south side of Newark, I genuinely fear that our anticipated Restaurant Row will in fact be Bro Row, with a decidedly Hoboken-like vibe.

I really hope these fears are unfounded.

Only time will tell. Being that most of these new establishments are restaurants that serve alcohol and not exclusively bars, hopefully that won't happen. Monty's might be the only place on Newark that I can picture being a potential bro-bar, but since it's never going to open it may not be that big a deal.

It won't.

People from Hoboken would rather kill themselves to hang out in JC, people from NYC don't realize Jersey City exists, and people in NJ still think Jersey City is a dangerous shit hole.

I think the proper question is to ask why people have those perceptions of us and to address the root issues.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 16:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/5 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Is anyone else a little nervous about 5 new restaurants - each with a liquor license - opening on one short block?

While I'm psyched that vacant buildings are getting filled, especially on the south side of Newark, I genuinely fear that our anticipated Restaurant Row will in fact be Bro Row, with a decidedly Hoboken-like vibe.

Only time will tell. Being that most of these new establishments are restaurants that serve alcohol and not exclusively bars, hopefully that won't happen. Monty's might be the only place on Newark that I can picture being a potential bro-bar, but since it's never going to open it may not be that big a deal.

It won't.

People from Hoboken would rather kill themselves to hang out in JC, people from NYC don't realize Jersey City exists, and people in NJ still think Jersey City is a dangerous shit hole.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but this thread has gotten quite long and I couldn't find any mention in a quick browse so.... what is going up on the SE corner of Erie and 4th?

I believe someone in a previous post mentioned this space was going to be a bakery.

I think this person is talking about the former parking lot on 4th and Erie. It looks like they are putting up a building on that site. Probably condo/rental units.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but this thread has gotten quite long and I couldn't find any mention in a quick browse so.... what is going up on the SE corner of Erie and 4th?

I believe someone in a previous post mentioned this space was going to be a bakery.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:
Quote:

sp2xs wrote:
[quote]

All of that being said, and despite what many on this board say, there are many things that Hoboken does right. Washington St. is a pleasing, safe, and active main avenue. Newark Ave., which can still be desolate and off-putting at times, would be well-served to model itself on its northern counterpart.

Completely agree. Clearly, there are douchey elements to Washington St. (particularly on a Friday or Saturday night), but it is a large, active drag of diverse businesses, most of which are pretty nice.

I'd also add that Hoboken's waterfront, with its ample trees, greenspace, performance space and parks, puts Jersey City's bland Exchange Place/ Newport disaster to shame.

Oh absolutely. Our waterfront is a monument to squandered opportunity.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 11:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/3 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sp2xs wrote:
[quote]

All of that being said, and despite what many on this board say, there are many things that Hoboken does right. Washington St. is a pleasing, safe, and active main avenue. Newark Ave., which can still be desolate and off-putting at times, would be well-served to model itself on its northern counterpart.

Completely agree. Clearly, there are douchey elements to Washington St. (particularly on a Friday or Saturday night), but it is a large, active drag of diverse businesses, most of which are pretty nice.

I'd also add that Hoboken's waterfront, with its ample trees, greenspace, performance space and parks, puts Jersey City's bland Exchange Place/ Newport disaster to shame.

Posted on: 2014/9/2 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Your average gentrified or quasi-gentrified neighborhood in Brooklyn or Queens has a main drag with a lot more nightlife than Newark Ave has, and most of those neighborhoods manage to keep out throngs of the bro/douchey crowd that might come from say, Nassau County on LI. No reason why Jersey City can't do the same, with a carefully curated nightlife.

It all depends on what kind of establishments open. Barcade and Lucky 7's attract crowds of revelers, but the crowd is extremely different from the crowd you'd find in a popular (crowded) Hoboken "bar and grill".

The biggest thing is eliminating bars with a thousand TVs. The new place "Coffee Shop" or "Whiskey Bar" opening at Grove Plaza is a little scary with all those TVs - definitely could attract a bro-factor.

Posted on: 2014/9/2 21:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/16 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:

I wouldn't be nervous. Having Newark Ave. become a destination for both high quality restaurant options and a concentrated nightlife scene is only going to increase DTJC's appeal.

As alluded to by On_The_3rd, Hoboken's scene is mainly comprised of generic sports bars with undistinguishable food. That doesn't appear to be the theme developing on Newark Ave. or DTJC in general. Another driving factor in Hoboken's bro-ier, wilder nightlife is a) it's proximity to the train station and b) overall younger population. While having a more active, festive main drag will certainly draw the attention of younger adults, it is still a far way away from becoming exactly like Hoboken.

Posted on: 2014/9/2 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/2 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/2 18:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on at the vacant lot next to the new Pediatric Dentistry and the new Porta Pizza place (I think) location on Newark Ave? It's been excavated for a while now but there doesn't seem to be anything moving in.

I was told it was going to be a women's health center run by JCMC, but that sounded far-fetched to me

DelForno put up a HUGE yellow banner that I noticed this morning (sorry, no pic). Apartments with ground floor retail.

But speaking of the pediatric dentistry place at 139 Newark Ave - anyone have any idea why it hasn't opened? I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the building looks kinda cockeyed when you look at it from Christopher Columbus.

Posted on: 2014/9/2 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

craigslistdiva wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on at the vacant lot next to the new Pediatric Dentistry and the new Porta Pizza place (I think) location on Newark Ave? It's been excavated for a while now but there doesn't seem to be anything moving in.

I was told it was going to be a women's health center run by JCMC, but that sounded far-fetched to me

Posted on: 2014/8/29 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I spoke to a construction dude working on the old Europa space. He told me it is going to be an Italian restaurant that serves homemade pasta.

Posted on: 2014/8/29 18:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/14 19:09
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/8/26 14:14

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 24 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017