Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
51 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 51

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 23 »


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Someone who doesn't know left from right, doesn't know the difference between nouns and adjectives, and is incapable of googling "burn down babylon" - is quite likely a moron, if not hate-cult fodder

...or simply a hatemonger. Like Monroe. Like Devils advocate. Like the OP JCMan8. You are all hatemongers. Can't reason with any of you. You're unreasonable.


Hatemongering is people convicting a cop of a shooting in advance of an investigation, as I see it. Feel free to disagree. But so far, the facts offered to support a bad shooting and make a martyr out of Michael Brown are proving not to be true. The 'gentle giant' meme was disproved by video evidence, the 'shot in the back' lies by Brown's cohort disproved by not just one but three autopsies, and the Family Court has only said that as a juvenile Brown had no 'convictions' on either Class A and Class B felonies, while not stating whether he had felony Class C or D or any level misdemeanors issues.


Monroe. Hatemongering is peddling your own version of the facts, to stir up conflict, and to deny justice. You tick every box.


What have I said that isn't true? The truth will set you free, if you're not open to the truth you have problems beyond jclist.


Have a read of what was said at the time of the shooting. Here's a summary.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/po ... michael-brown-was-killed/

You want to revise any of your supposed "facts"? Like who ever said he was shot in the back? Have you read the witness depositions? Have you read the autopsy reports? Are the forensic findings and autopsy reports consistent with Michael Brown being shot while trying to surrender?

Truth is, most of that hasn't been made public. The local police haven't ever published their own report of the incident.

Truth is, the autopsy reports alone are not sufficient to determine which version of events is true.

Truth is, you are at best speculating, based on what's been published in the media.

Truth is, you don't seem to care about due process and justice being served. You don't care to wait for the facts to be exposed.

Truth is, you have put a hate-mongering spin on this from the outset - and anyone who disagrees with your version of events are "race baiters".

That's the truth.

Posted on: 2014/9/4 7:23
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Someone who doesn't know left from right, doesn't know the difference between nouns and adjectives, and is incapable of googling "burn down babylon" - is quite likely a moron, if not hate-cult fodder

...or simply a hatemonger. Like Monroe. Like Devils advocate. Like the OP JCMan8. You are all hatemongers. Can't reason with any of you. You're unreasonable.


Hatemongering is people convicting a cop of a shooting in advance of an investigation, as I see it. Feel free to disagree. But so far, the facts offered to support a bad shooting and make a martyr out of Michael Brown are proving not to be true. The 'gentle giant' meme was disproved by video evidence, the 'shot in the back' lies by Brown's cohort disproved by not just one but three autopsies, and the Family Court has only said that as a juvenile Brown had no 'convictions' on either Class A and Class B felonies, while not stating whether he had felony Class C or D or any level misdemeanors issues.


Monroe. Hatemongering is peddling your own version of the facts, to stir up conflict, and to deny justice. You tick every box.


What have I said that isn't true? The truth will set you free, if you're not open to the truth you have problems beyond jclist.

Posted on: 2014/9/4 0:16
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Someone who doesn't know left from right, doesn't know the difference between nouns and adjectives, and is incapable of googling "burn down babylon" - is quite likely a moron, if not hate-cult fodder

...or simply a hatemonger. Like Monroe. Like Devils advocate. Like the OP JCMan8. You are all hatemongers. Can't reason with any of you. You're unreasonable.


Hatemongering is people convicting a cop of a shooting in advance of an investigation, as I see it. Feel free to disagree. But so far, the facts offered to support a bad shooting and make a martyr out of Michael Brown are proving not to be true. The 'gentle giant' meme was disproved by video evidence, the 'shot in the back' lies by Brown's cohort disproved by not just one but three autopsies, and the Family Court has only said that as a juvenile Brown had no 'convictions' on either Class A and Class B felonies, while not stating whether he had felony Class C or D or any level misdemeanors issues.


Monroe. Hatemongering is peddling your own version of the facts, to stir up conflict, and to deny justice. You tick every box.

Posted on: 2014/9/4 0:07
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Someone who doesn't know left from right, doesn't know the difference between nouns and adjectives, and is incapable of googling "burn down babylon" - is quite likely a moron, if not hate-cult fodder

...or simply a hatemonger. Like Monroe. Like Devils advocate. Like the OP JCMan8. You are all hatemongers. Can't reason with any of you. You're unreasonable.


Hatemongering is people convicting a cop of a shooting in advance of an investigation, as I see it. Feel free to disagree. But so far, the facts offered to support a bad shooting and make a martyr out of Michael Brown are proving not to be true. The 'gentle giant' meme was disproved by video evidence, the 'shot in the back' lies by Brown's cohort disproved by not just one but three autopsies, and the Family Court has only said that as a juvenile Brown had no 'convictions' on either Class A and Class B felonies, while not stating whether he had felony Class C or D or any level misdemeanors issues.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 23:38
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Getting the thread back on track.

Have a listen to the second video under:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mich ... nile-record-court-n194701

If it was a cop shooting a dog, then most folks would let it slide. But if that was the sound of a cop shooting an 18-year-old boy. Why wouldn't you want a full, open, transparent, investigation?

Posted on: 2014/9/3 23:01
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Someone who doesn't know left from right, doesn't know the difference between nouns and adjectives, and is incapable of googling "burn down babylon" - is quite likely a moron, if not hate-cult fodder

...or simply a hatemonger. Like Monroe. Like Devils advocate. Like the OP JCMan8. You are all hatemongers. Can't reason with any of you. You're unreasonable.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 22:07

Edited by dtjcview on 2014/9/3 22:28:38
Edited by dtjcview on 2014/9/3 22:36:57
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Today 17:39
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Dude, JCman8, Monroe, DevilsAdvocate and caj11 have been dropping facts like confetti at a gay wedding.


Exactly what facts have I dropped, Old-Skool, and how would you know about gay weddings?


The fact that you are a moron who, in all your delusion, thinks he is some kind of internet lawyer.

And I know about gay weddings because that's me on the left -

Resized Image


DEAL WITH IT YOU BIGOT!


I must have made you really angry for you to take the energy to post a picture and then put a sentence all in caps. I'm glad for that.

So now you've called me delusional, a moron, and a bigot, when I've never personally insulted you. Really mature.

Now you are implying that I'm anti-gay now, which is total bullshit. Never in my life would I be against gay marriage or the gay lifestyle. I have numerous gay friends.

Also, I see that your partner is white. So, what would he think of the statement "death to our white oppressors"?

If my choice to take your postings about "death to our white oppressors" and "burn down Babylon" seriously makes me some kind of a "delusional internet lawyer", so be it. Deal with it. Notice I did not call you any specific derogatory word.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 19:14
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/4/15 4:43
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 678
Offline
I nominate this hate-filled thread to be shut down. This thread has long since derailed, and all that's left are the usual cast of characters posting their hate back and forth. Seriously webmaster, shut this shit down.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 18:38
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Dude, JCman8, Monroe, DevilsAdvocate and caj11 have been dropping facts like confetti at a gay wedding.


Exactly what facts have I dropped, Old-Skool, and how would you know about gay weddings?


The fact that you are a moron who, in all your delusion, thinks he is some kind of internet lawyer.

And I know about gay weddings because that's me on the left -

Resized Image


DEAL WITH IT YOU BIGOT!

Posted on: 2014/9/3 18:32
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Today 17:39
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Dude, JCman8, Monroe, DevilsAdvocate and caj11 have been dropping facts like confetti at a gay wedding.


Exactly what facts have I dropped, Old-Skool, and how would you know about gay weddings?

Posted on: 2014/9/3 17:46
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Today 17:39
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
It's pretty close, but I'd like to nominate the below as the stupidest post in this thread, maybe the whole board and quite possibly the entire internet.

Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Burn down babylon.
Death to our white oppressors.


I'd like to bring this early statement from Old-Skool to the top of the list again.

Old-Skool, are we supposed to take it seriously, or just supposed to slap our knees and say "that Old-Skool, always making a joke!" ? Because I don't find death threats of any kind funny, regardless of the color of the person who's making them or the color of the people they're made to.

If you emailed something like that to an individual, that person could turn it over to their local police department and have you investigated. You're not as invisible as you think you are on an online message board either. In some cases, it's easier to track someone down from online postings and emails than phone calls or snail mailings. There was a guy who posted false reports of gang violence during Halloween on here about six years ago and he was arrested for it. Here's the thread with the news story about it if you don't believe me:

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... order=DESC&status=&mode=0


Oh, why thank you Old-Skool! I'm glad I was nominated for something. So, are we all just supposed to laugh when you say "Death to our white oppressors"? What exactly did you mean when you made that statement? You still didn't answer my question.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 17:39
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
The St. Louis Dispatch is seeking (any) juvenile arrest records of Brown-so far the police have said he had no record as an adult, and his family refuses to answer if he'd been in trouble with the law as a juvenile.

Just as the past actions of Officer Wilson will be examined in light of the shooting so will Brown's past.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 17:13
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
It's pretty close, but I'd like to nominate the below as the stupidest post in this thread, maybe the whole board and quite possibly the entire internet.

Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Burn down babylon.
Death to our white oppressors.


I'd like to bring this early statement from Old-Skool to the top of the list again.

Old-Skool, are we supposed to take it seriously, or just supposed to slap our knees and say "that Old-Skool, always making a joke!" ? Because I don't find death threats of any kind funny, regardless of the color of the person who's making them or the color of the people they're made to.

If you emailed something like that to an individual, that person could turn it over to their local police department and have you investigated. You're not as invisible as you think you are on an online message board either. In some cases, it's easier to track someone down from online postings and emails than phone calls or snail mailings. There was a guy who posted false reports of gang violence during Halloween on here about six years ago and he was arrested for it. Here's the thread with the news story about it if you don't believe me:

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... order=DESC&status=&mode=0

Posted on: 2014/9/3 16:49
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
Dude, JCman8, Monroe, DevilsAdvocate and caj11 have been dropping facts like confetti at a gay wedding.

Posted on: 2014/9/3 16:47
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 21:43
Last Login :
2019/12/17 22:00
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1894
Offline
We're going on nearly 1-month and there has yet to be an incident report released by the police department.

I see lots of conjecture, lots of misdirection and lots of pseudo-comparisons, but there is a serious lack of facts.

The only thing that I think is a given is that any idiot claiming to know something will be given a microphone by any and every news outlet. It's a shame...

Posted on: 2014/9/3 16:14
Dos A Cero
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
More police brutality goes unpunished in MO.
http://youtu.be/T4HUvXOvgkQ

Posted on: 2014/9/3 15:29
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/1/11 18:21
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4960
Offline
CAMDEN ? Chants of "No justice, no peace" and "Hands up, don't shoot," echoed outside city hall Thursday afternoon, as labor officials, students and other residents rallied in support protesters in Ferguson, Missouri.

Those chants are now recognized across the nation, in the aftermath of the Aug. 9 shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager, by police officer Darren Wilson, who is white, in Ferguson. The shooting sparked nearly a week of volatile protests there, as well as rallies throughout the country in support of Brown's family and the protesters.

The rally in Camden Thursday was spearheaded by three local chapters of the Communication Workers of America (CWA). Union members distributed T-shirts, signs and buttons to the approximately 70 attendants, demanding "justice for Michael Brown."

CWA Local 1084 President George Jackson said that while most people, including some of its members, associate the union with " just negotiating contracts," it has also spoken out on social issues in the past.

"We're not just about union and contracts; we're about children, and the community, and schools and education, and against young men being shot down," he said. "We're about civil rights."

Speaking just before the rally, Jackson said he was skeptical about how much any more marches or speeches can do to change or reverse what he called the militarization of local police in Ferguson and other towns across the country.

He said any change must come from new legislation.

"We can do all the marching we want, have all the TV cameras and talk to all the newspapers, which we have done, but these things just keep happening," said Jackson. "We need some kind of legislation for policing, I think, to address this.

"We need to press our legislators, especially those who represent the Camden area."

India Taylor, a junior at Rowan University, addressed the crowd decrying police brutality in Ferguson, stating "It doesn't have to be this way."

"In Iceland, they just had their first police killing in the entire history of their country ? and that was only after they tried to subdue the person through non-lethal means," she said. "What happened to Michael Brown in Ferguson is completely ridiculous."

According to organizers, part of the purpose of the rally was to "call for an end to the police state in Ferguson, and to respect the right to peacefully protest."

For Camden's part, police presence at Thursday rally was light ? with a handful of officers on foot and bicycle patrol through the park in front of city hall. They were joined by five Allied Barton security officers.

Contacted after the rally, Camden County Police Chief Scott Thomson said the local officers in Ferguson provided an example in how not to interact with the community, particularly during a peaceful protest.

"With the very little facts that are known, it's premature to pass judgment on the shooting itself, but the aftermath highlights the absence of a meaningful relationship between that community and its police," said Thomson.

"I think that was further exemplified in the photograph that depicted the horrible decision by police to monitor a peaceful, daytime demonstration through the scope of a sniper's tripoded assault rifle on a rood of a truck," he added. "That was neither practical or effective, and only served to make a bad situation worse."

Thomson said "community policing," such as walking beats and increased contact between officers and residents, is necessary to prevent the confrontations that exploded in Ferguson.

Resized Image


"Ferguson serves as a reminder to all of government the certainty of disaster when the people you serve no longer view you with legitimacy," he said. "The best remedy to prevent this is to maintain a constant, sincere dialogue and inclusion of the public you serve."

Posted on: 2014/8/28 21:23
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/6/14 12:07
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Posts: 836
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:
This topic is so huge. Tell me how arguing about it on JCLIST is gonna help with anything? You know what you can do so that Jersey City does not become a Ferguson? Get off that computer volunteer and help JC especially the blighted parts of the city by mentoring kids. Also telling the mayor to have more cops do walks in high crime areas and areas known to be the target of thieves. Stop bitching and do something about it!
Or you can just be this picture and look like idiots.

Resized Image


The kid you mentor post this, or is the irony and self-depreciation intentional?


self-deprecation? Or is the need for mentoring intentional?

Posted on: 2014/8/28 20:34
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:


you can break it down to facts but if there's no meaningful dialogue, compassion and empathy we're just going around and around back to the imaginary battle lines

the questions is, what're we gonna do about it?


Maybe now the Ferguson community will learn to think before they act. Actions have consequences. Maybe they will hold their "eyewitness" accountable who went on national TV and lied about what he "saw." After all, it is a fact that Brown was not shot in the back, as the "witness" claimed.

The community looted over 70 businesses, and burned down 3. No, they can't rely on the evil white man to rebuild their town for them.

No reputable business owner would touch Ferguson with a 10 foot pole. Can anyone blame them? After all, we've seen just how little it takes for the community to go on a wild free for all. And given how the media largely gives them a pass for this behavior, who would ever want to open a business in Ferguson again?


Agreed. I would love to see what Ferguson looks like 5 years from now. I'm guessing that businesses and the middle class will flee making it even more of a slum.


We already seeing the pain from Ferguson business owners that will set up the massive flight.

http://news.yahoo.com/riots-ferguson- ... ong-normal-152359442.html

Posted on: 2014/8/28 20:14
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Media bias redux-CNN initially refused to show the convenience store video robbery and assault because it had not been verified, but aired the alleged '10 gunshot background during sexting' tape without verification.

Which the experts on their own network later doubted.

Oopsie!

Posted on: 2014/8/28 12:04
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/7/13 15:03
Last Login :
9/2 2:35
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4421
Offline
Why is Fergerson upset that the National Guard is there ?

Posted on: 2014/8/28 11:21
Get on your bikes and ride !
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

greenville wrote:
This topic is so huge. Tell me how arguing about it on JCLIST is gonna help with anything? You know what you can do so that Jersey City does not become a Ferguson? Get off that computer volunteer and help JC especially the blighted parts of the city by mentoring kids. Also telling the mayor to have more cops do walks in high crime areas and areas known to be the target of thieves. Stop bitching and do something about it!
Or you can just be this picture and look like idiots.

Resized Image


The kid you mentor post this, or is the irony and self-depreciation intentional?

Posted on: 2014/8/28 8:10
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/4/11 2:51
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 440
Offline
This topic is so huge. Tell me how arguing about it on JCLIST is gonna help with anything? You know what you can do so that Jersey City does not become a Ferguson? Get off that computer volunteer and help JC especially the blighted parts of the city by mentoring kids. Also telling the mayor to have more cops do walks in high crime areas and areas known to be the target of thieves. Stop bitching and do something about it!
Or you can just be this picture and look like idiots.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/8/28 2:57
ಠ_ಠ
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/9/20 14:11
Last Login :
2020/3/19 16:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 891
Offline

Posted on: 2014/8/28 0:01
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/14 14:58
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Posts: 374
Offline
This thread is still going? At least something is keeping you fucking coots off the street.

Posted on: 2014/8/27 23:38
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 760
Offline
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
A friend in MO has informed me that Darren Wilson will be charged next week.
Maybe we should all calm down until the outcome of the trial.


A) A "friend in MO"? Really?

B) Even if true, just what we need - another racially charged televised trial. Even the family's lawyer is the same: Ben Crump. Then we can get more racial tension after the NG verdict is returned as people wonder if their neighbors will attack them.

Posted on: 2014/8/27 21:30
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/3/4 22:31
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 760
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Black cop shoots and kills unarmed white teen. No riots. No outrage. No Sharpton. Little to no media coverage.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2 ... standard-in-coverage-of-/

Media Double standard/media bias: confirmed.


The media bias is just absolutely sickening.


The US doesn't even collect proper stats on "justified" police homicides - no consistent, independent review process - never mind clear and consistent rules and training on when the use of deadly force is justified.

A good read is here:

http://readersupportednews.org/opinio ... e-american-police-killing


I agree with this. These homicides - justified or not - absolutely should be reported. I have long supported making police wear cameras on their badges.

Not only that, the videos should be uploaded to a secure third party place so the cops can't destroy them if they are bad.


I like the idea of cameras. If we can agree on something, there's hope. Think that's what the focus needs to be - solutions, way forward, and not all that other cr*p.


I agree with the need for cameras on cops as well. The cops really do overstep their boundaries a great deal of time. Not sure that this is the best example of that and I hate the racial aspect, but totally separately to this incident I am very happy to take steps to curb police abuse.

Posted on: 2014/8/27 20:47
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2897
Offline
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
There is a California city that implemented these cameras several years ago. I think the statistics say it all.

"In the first year after the cameras were introduced here in February 2012, the number of complaints filed against officers fell by 88 percent compared with the previous 12 months. Use of force by officers fell by almost 60 percent over the same period."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/22/us/ ... meras.html?pagewanted=all

Is it because police are more careful due to the cameras or that those accused or shot by police are actually guilty shown by the cameras ?


I think both the police and the average person behave better when they know they are on camera. I don't know if they even had any police shootings in that city, maybe because of the cameras.

Posted on: 2014/8/27 15:45
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/7/13 15:03
Last Login :
9/2 2:35
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4421
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
There is a California city that implemented these cameras several years ago. I think the statistics say it all.

"In the first year after the cameras were introduced here in February 2012, the number of complaints filed against officers fell by 88 percent compared with the previous 12 months. Use of force by officers fell by almost 60 percent over the same period."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/22/us/ ... meras.html?pagewanted=all

Is it because police are more careful due to the cameras or that those accused or shot by police are actually guilty shown by the cameras ?

Posted on: 2014/8/27 15:25
Get on your bikes and ride !
 Top 


Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/7/30 18:30
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Posts: 254
Offline
You seem to know what you're talking about.

Posted on: 2014/8/27 15:00
 Top 




« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 23 »

  Register To PostTopic is Locked



[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017