Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Constant barking dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I don't like kids and I do like dogs, so yeah, dogs = kids for me. I work too much to get involved in local politics and argue with people like you about crap like local laws on off leash dogs in Colgate (and other local) park(s). Instead, I occasionally call you a prick on a message board and carry on with my life.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Hey in the end you may be right. But, at least I get involved in my neighborhood and try to work to make changes on people's behalf unlike most of the pikers on here who just pontificate and contribute nothing but name calling and whatnot (a lot of brave people behind computer screens that's for sure). Win lose or draw most of you on here just complain and do nothing to try and change it. However, it was interesting/sad seeing how many dog owners there are in this town who use their dogs as proxies for not having children. It's almost scary how much some of you forget...it's an animal, not your child.

Like I said, no skin off my back either way. It was fun learning the process and subsequently seeing how truly inept some divisions of the city government are.

There are definitely more important issues to handle, I'll agree on that front. I sure hope all the go getters on here help to fight the McCabe bullsh*t, amongst other things. Unfortunately, most of you will probably just continue being the brave bloggers you are, shunning dissenting thought, pontificating your expert opinions and all that.

Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Hey no skin off my back. For the record I think the dog barking complaint is silly. Not much you can do there. People want the dogs to be in dog runs, yet dont expect them to bark? However, points of creativity to the bull horn guy (no, that's not me).

But it looks like we have to light a fire under ACs asses to get stuff done. I was under the impression they were enforcing the leash laws until I saw this thread.

Again, appreciate the help and feedback guys.

I'll tell you their answer right now: "Well, we sometimes patrol and when we see dogs offleash we deal with it, but we don't spend all of our time doing that because we have better things to do than worry if some little man is angry because some people choose to take their dogs off leash. Please GFY." Except the last 2 sentences will be replaced with something that means the same thing but will be less polite like "unfortunately, our resources do not permit us to fully resolve your concerns. But thank you for your feedback."

In reality, things will never change because dog owners want to give their dogs time to run free, so they simply adapt to new challenges. They learn enforcement techniques, change locations, give each other head's up, etc. See, thing is that we care a lot more because we do this because we love our dogs and you do this because you're a dick.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Hey in the end you may be right. But, at least I get involved in my neighborhood and try to work to make changes on people's behalf unlike most of the pikers on here who just pontificate and contribute nothing but name calling and whatnot (a lot of brave people behind computer screens that's for sure). Win lose or draw most of you on here just complain and do nothing to try and change it. However, it was interesting/sad seeing how many dog owners there are in this town who use their dogs as proxies for not having children. It's almost scary how much some of you forget...it's an animal, not your child.

Like I said, no skin off my back either way. It was fun learning the process and subsequently seeing how truly inept some divisions of the city government are.

There are definitely more important issues to handle, I'll agree on that front. I sure hope all the go getters on here help to fight the McCabe bullsh*t, amongst other things. Unfortunately, most of you will probably just continue being the brave bloggers you are, shunning dissenting thought, pontificating your expert opinions and all that.

Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Hey no skin off my back. For the record I think the dog barking complaint is silly. Not much you can do there. People want the dogs to be in dog runs, yet dont expect them to bark? However, points of creativity to the bull horn guy (no, that's not me).

But it looks like we have to light a fire under ACs asses to get stuff done. I was under the impression they were enforcing the leash laws until I saw this thread.

I'll tell you their answer right now: "Well, we sometimes patrol and when we see dogs offleash we deal with it, but we don't spend all of our time doing that because we have better things to do than worry if some little man is angry because some people choose to take their dogs off leash. Please GFY." Except the last 2 sentences will be replaced with something that means the same thing but will be less polite like "unfortunately, our resources do not permit us to fully resolve your concerns. But thank you for your feedback."

In reality, things will never change because dog owners want to give their dogs time to run free, so they simply adapt to new challenges. They learn enforcement techniques, change locations, give each other head's up, etc. See, thing is that we care a lot more because we do this because we love our dogs and you do this because you're a dick.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 3:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/8/11 3:03
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Or, they will tell nygravey9 what he wants to hear again and still not do anything. He was CONVINCED change was a comin'.

Posted on: 2014/8/11 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/11 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/8/10 5:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"Hi, Candice and Paul? Please see this thread where people are laughing at me! Quick, make it stop! It is SUPER important!"

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Well, the reason nothing has changed as of yet is because I (sadly) don't have the authority to go out there and write tickets. As such, we rely on the people who have the authority to do so, which sadly, they have not.

Paul Bellan Boyer the one running Animal Control and laid down assurances that tickets would be issued.

Thank you for letting us know this has not been the case. I'll be sure to forward along this thread to Candice and Paul and start cracking the whip.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Speaking of which, supposedly that was coming to an end after their insane lobbying, yet from what I see there has been absolutely no change.

There has been very little change. I walk my dog (on a leash) daily through that park. It seems like the Parks & Recreation people there more frequently (or at least it seems to me), and when they're there dogs are on leashes. But when they're not, game on. I don't care either way. I prefer to keep my dog on a leash, but I'm not concerned by those who don't.

That's what I was getting at. DTJC was SWEARING that he would put an end to offleash dogs there. I laughed at him and noted that it would never happen.

Actually, the guy who came on here and PROMISED, WARNED AND ASSURED everyone that a crackdown was coming was nyrgravey9. You can refer to this link: JCLIST Thread - An Open Letter to the Dog Owners of DTJC.

In any case, as many predicted, nothing changed and (sadly) nothing is likely to change or improve. This shows the lack of commitment and dedication on the part of the city, even with this new administration.

Posted on: 2014/8/10 4:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Well, the reason nothing has changed as of yet is because I (sadly) don't have the authority to go out there and write tickets. As such, we rely on the people who have the authority to do so, which sadly, they have not.

Paul Bellan Boyer the one running Animal Control and laid down assurances that tickets would be issued.

Thank you for letting us know this has not been the case. I'll be sure to forward along this thread to Candice and Paul and start cracking the whip.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Speaking of which, supposedly that was coming to an end after their insane lobbying, yet from what I see there has been absolutely no change.

There has been very little change. I walk my dog (on a leash) daily through that park. It seems like the Parks & Recreation people there more frequently (or at least it seems to me), and when they're there dogs are on leashes. But when they're not, game on. I don't care either way. I prefer to keep my dog on a leash, but I'm not concerned by those who don't.

That's what I was getting at. DTJC was SWEARING that he would put an end to offleash dogs there. I laughed at him and noted that it would never happen.

Actually, the guy who came on here and PROMISED, WARNED AND ASSURED everyone that a crackdown was coming was nyrgravey9. You can refer to this link: JCLIST Thread - An Open Letter to the Dog Owners of DTJC.

In any case, as many predicted, nothing changed and (sadly) nothing is likely to change or improve. This shows the lack of commitment and dedication on the part of the city, even with this new administration.

Posted on: 2014/8/10 3:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/17 1:40
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vvparkster wrote:
Is anyone else living on Van Vorst Park sick of the constant barking in the dog run? I have lived on the Park for 20 years and this is just about the worst it has been. I think the run should be closed if the Owners refuse to control their dogs.

Isn't that what a dog run is for? For pet owners to allow their dogs to run and play with other dogs in a fenced off area so as not to disturb others in the park? I'd take a dog run with barking dogs any day over dogs running around a park unleashed like many owners I've seen do at Hamilton Park. Just because you feel safe letting your dog run around unleashed...there are those of us who don't feel as safe....but I digress. If you don't like the barking, get some ear plugs. This is JC...dog owners are welcome and are everywhere. And if you've lived here for 20 years, you'd think you'd be able to ignore it with all of the other ambient noise a city produces (ambulances, cop cars, fire trucks, ridiculous cars with stupid sound systems that shake an entire house....or the wonderful drunken loud mouths walking around after last call). I've been here for 10 years and rarely even notice the noise anymore.

Posted on: 2014/8/10 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Pretty sure it's illegal to leave dogs outside 24/7 if they don't have access to shelter. Call Animal Control. As far as dog-run barking? Well people wanted to pen them into small areas and this is the result.

But let me tell you something about the sort of people we're dealing with - at VVP there is an asshole with a MEGAPHONE that yells at people in the dog run when dogs bark. If ever there is insanity that needs the cops involved it is that guy rather than some yapping dogs in a dog run.

That's classic. I have to witness this.

Posted on: 2014/8/8 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

You're right, my apologies for my mediocre memory. Though in this case I'm very happy that nothing will change.

Posted on: 2014/8/8 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/8 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/8 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/8 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Point is - that wasn't the point. It wasn't about yapping dogs in a dog run. But why not change the topic anytime it doesn't suit?

I think someone scrolled back in time to a 2013 comment on 'dog run barking'. Then the conversation derailed, in true jclist form.

Posted on: 2014/8/8 14:30

Edited by gordonh on 2014/8/8 14:51:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Pretty sure it's illegal to leave dogs outside 24/7 if they don't have access to shelter. Call Animal Control. As far as dog-run barking? Well people wanted to pen them into small areas and this is the result.

I seriously doubt anyone is leaving dogs out 24/7 (or even for several hours), based on the whiners here. If they did then I would absolutely support calling AC. But this is the crowd that goes nuts at the idea that dogs are running off leash at Colgate Park. Speaking of which, supposedly that was coming to an end after their insane lobbying, yet from what I see there has been absolutely no change.

But let me tell you something about the sort of people we're dealing with - at VVP there is an asshole with a MEGAPHONE that yells at people in the dog run when dogs bark. If ever there is insanity that needs the cops involved it is that guy rather than some yapping dogs in a dog run.

"Jersey City Police, what is your emergency?"

"THERE ARE DOGS BARKING IN THE DOG RUN!"

Click.

So if DA shot your dog(s) in the head, how would you feel?

Point is - that wasn't the point. It wasn't about yapping dogs in a dog run. But why not change the topic anytime it doesn't suit?

Posted on: 2014/8/8 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

I seriously doubt anyone is leaving dogs out 24/7 (or even for several hours), based on the whiners here. If they did then I would absolutely support calling AC. But this is the crowd that goes nuts at the idea that dogs are running off leash at Colgate Park. Speaking of which, supposedly that was coming to an end after their insane lobbying, yet from what I see there has been absolutely no change.

"Jersey City Police, what is your emergency?"

"THERE ARE DOGS BARKING IN THE DOG RUN!"

Click.

Posted on: 2014/8/8 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/8 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
As far as dog-run barking? ...

Usual fumbduck misdirection from DA and the like....

Posted on: 2014/8/8 1:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/18 19:28
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
So much whining in this thread. Jesus people, get a life. I especially appreciate the people whining about barking coming FROM A DOG PARK. You have truly lost your minds.

Cosign.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/8/7 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So much whining in this thread. Jesus people, get a life. I especially appreciate the people whining about barking coming FROM A DOG PARK. You have truly lost your minds.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
the people who live at 236 1st Street have decided to leave their barking beagles outside 24/7.

notes haven't helped. talking face-to-face hasn't, either.

the sound travels in a way that you can hardly hear it from the street in front of their building, so when the police arrive at 3am, they slow down, stick their heads out of the window, hear nothing, and move along.

around the corner on Erie, it is amplified and super obnoxious.

anybody else hearing this? or only those of us lucky enough to share a backyard with these charmers?

Use seeclickfix or the RRC link on the City website to report and document every occurrence, particularly late night. If it continues - escalate it to Candice and the at-large councilors. You'll have the incidents/evidence documented. You also could try contacting their property manager TSE RESIDENT MANAGEMENT, LLC listed on their property tax record at the same address.

All else fails, you may have to hire a lawyer, but at least you'll have collected evidence.

Posted on: 2014/8/7 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
the people who live at 236 1st Street have decided to leave their barking beagles outside 24/7.

notes haven't helped. talking face-to-face hasn't, either.

the sound travels in a way that you can hardly hear it from the street in front of their building, so when the police arrive at 3am, they slow down, stick their heads out of the window, hear nothing, and move along.

around the corner on Erie, it is amplified and super obnoxious.

anybody else hearing this? or only those of us lucky enough to share a backyard with these charmers?

Posted on: 2014/8/7 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It all looks good at my end, it must be a problem for other people who are self serving!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/7/24 22:19
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
White noise machines FTMFW

Posted on: 2013/7/24 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
The barking is coming from a dog in the VVP dog run, which is also on the north side of the park. I'm assuming the dog's owner is present in the dog run. I think dogs are awesome, but loud barking that early in the morning is really irritating.

Have a chat with Parkman. They put a lot of thought into that dog run. I thought the idea was to have bushes around the run to help muffle the barking. Perhaps Sandy took its toll?

Posted on: 2013/7/24 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck with that. I definitely feel for you. I am a dog owner, but I find barking irritating. My dog knows not to bark indoors, and seldom does it outside, except when startled, or when picking up on a new/odd scent. If the owner is oblivious enough to NOT care about his dog barking up a storm while in the dog run, I doubt it would help any to have a talk with him/her. You are likely to get some flippant response. But, give it a go.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 20:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
The barking is coming from a dog in the VVP dog run, which is also on the north side of the park. I'm assuming the dog's owner is present in the dog run. I think dogs are awesome, but loud barking that early in the morning is really irritating.

I'm with you. that's obnoxious.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/24 17:59

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017