Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

Re: Guess what? UPS doesn't like you either
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Guess what? UPS doesn't like you either
Big Brown will start charging more to deliver to residential addresses
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/g ... ke-you-either-020415.html

UPS to apply surcharges to residential packages after costs surge
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/0 ... lts-idUSKBN0L71AA20150203

I wonder if they'll try to impose the higher charges on high-density residential addresses like high-rises. It's nothing like delivering to a house in the suburbs. Delivering to a 400-unit building, which usually has a doorman to sign for packages, is just like delivering to a business. During the holidays, it's not unusual for UPS and FedEX to send one truck stuffed with packages only for my building. One stop and the driver is done.

Posted on: 2015/2/5 5:19

Re: JC Post Office - Be Very Afraid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
This sounds petty, but it was just amazing, went there to get a stamp and mail a letter last Saturday. There's a line 40 long, no stamp machines, and the one fancy self service machine is down. WTF, is it really that hard to have a mechanical stamp machine that have existed for at least half a century?

Posted on: 2015/2/5 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
At least UPS is treating the whole country the same way, whereas it's just Jersey City and a few other random places that suffer as badly as we do with the post office.

In any case, the post office, UPS, and FedEx can be the way they are because at the end of the day, it's a shared monopoly. Why can't the Justice Department Antitrust Division do something about this, instead of wasting all their energy on Microsoft, as well as MasterCard and Visa?

Quote:

Annod wrote:

Posted on: 2015/2/5 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
kinda funny, seeing how one of their biggest expenses - fuel - is at ten-year lows. BUT COSTS ARE UP EVERYWHERE! Watch those cunts announce 'record profits' in the next fiscal year.
Quote:

Annod wrote:

Posted on: 2015/2/5 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/2/5 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Don't lose all hope!!! There were a handful of times when the tracking is marked as "delivered" on the day it was suppose to arrive (but nothing). But the package showed up the next day. So, there may still be hope...

Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
USPS up to their old tricks again. Items says delivered. It wasn't. Now I have to work through their dysfunctional system of hell.

I thought that too but it's been several days.

This happened to me twice this past month. The first package showed up about a week after it said it had been delivered. The second one showed up the following day. So don't lose hope.

And call the Post Office FWIW. Try this number, 201-915-7139, they actually answer it sometimes.

Thanks. Package arrived today but only after the Sender contacted USPS and insisted the package didn't arrive. It showed up after being sent to the wrong address.

Posted on: 2015/1/31 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Don't lose all hope!!! There were a handful of times when the tracking is marked as "delivered" on the day it was suppose to arrive (but nothing). But the package showed up the next day. So, there may still be hope...

Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
USPS up to their old tricks again. Items says delivered. It wasn't. Now I have to work through their dysfunctional system of hell.

This happened to me twice this past month. The first package showed up about a week after it said it had been delivered. The second one showed up the following day. So don't lose hope.

And call the Post Office FWIW. Try this number, 201-915-7139, they actually answer it sometimes.

Posted on: 2015/1/30 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:

Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/30 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:

Posted on: 2015/1/30 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/1/30 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dwtnguys wrote:
Quote:

CatsnDogs wrote:
Sorry if it has been mentioned before but why are post office employees parking on the sidewalk on the Montgomery side of the post office? Yesterday there were five cars.

Additionally....
The trucks are also USUALLY parked right to the corners blocking the crosswalks (Great for the students at St. Peter's Prep during the schoolyear trying to cross in crosswalks when you cannot see around these behemoth trucks)
I recently spoke with 2 uniformed police officers who were within 20 feet of at least 2 trucks blocking pedestrian crosswalks. They smiled, laughed and said "If we ticket them, who ends up paying for the tickets? Taxpayers." I said fine, but is there anything that can be done, anyone to speak with, any suggestions at all...they shrugged their shoulders smirking. So, what I took from that brief convo was that the police don't care about public safety even when there is an infraction glaring at them right in the face. They were in front of the Downtown Diner so I am guessing they were more concerned with their stomach's than their jobs.
I have literally dozens of photos of these trucks completely blocking crosswalks surrounding the Post Office...can I send these to any official? Mayor? Councilperson? Or do we need to wait until someone gets hit?

I see those trucks blocking the pedestrian crosswalks and it annoys me to no end too. Those policemen were wrong by the way - while a taxpayer bailout may be imminent given its precarious financial state, the post office is mostly funded by its own revenues and receives only a small amount of funding from Congress for operating costs. Taxpayers would not be on the hook for the parking tickets, but the cost would be passed onto people who use the post office (which I guess is just about everybody plus some foreign tourists who send postcards back home). Nevertheless, issuing parking tickets to the post office wouldn't be something that gets directly paid for out of taxpayer funds.

Since we're talking about a federal agency here, it would probably make the most sense to send it to your Congressional representative. There are two Congressional representatives that cover Jersey City, which consists of Albio Sires for the 8th district and Donald Payne Junior for the 10th district. Go to www.house.gov, enter your zip code plus the four-digit extension to figure out which representative's district you are in, and then go to their website to find their contact information. I've contacted my representative (Sires) on a couple of things and found him to be fairly responsive.

Posted on: 2014/8/4 20:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/14 23:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatsnDogs wrote:
Sorry if it has been mentioned before but why are post office employees parking on the sidewalk on the Montgomery side of the post office? Yesterday there were five cars.

Additionally....
The trucks are also USUALLY parked right to the corners blocking the crosswalks (Great for the students at St. Peter's Prep during the schoolyear trying to cross in crosswalks when you cannot see around these behemoth trucks)
I recently spoke with 2 uniformed police officers who were within 20 feet of at least 2 trucks blocking pedestrian crosswalks. They smiled, laughed and said "If we ticket them, who ends up paying for the tickets? Taxpayers." I said fine, but is there anything that can be done, anyone to speak with, any suggestions at all...they shrugged their shoulders smirking. So, what I took from that brief convo was that the police don't care about public safety even when there is an infraction glaring at them right in the face. They were in front of the Downtown Diner so I am guessing they were more concerned with their stomach's than their jobs.
I have literally dozens of photos of these trucks completely blocking crosswalks surrounding the Post Office...can I send these to any official? Mayor? Councilperson? Or do we need to wait until someone gets hit?

Posted on: 2014/8/4 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Anyone else receive a stack of mail yesterday (Sunday)? Mine included the July 28th New Yorker, which should have come on July 22. On a positive note, I have met new neighbors when I delivered their mail that was left in my mailbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltbDNbmCnGc

Posted on: 2014/8/4 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
I had an insurance policy cancelled because the post office kept returning my mail to them. I only found out when I called the insurance company to inquire as to when my next payment was due, and why I had not gotten any correspondence from them, and I was informed that all of their letters addressed to me had been returned. I have nothing but contempt for the local USPS operations.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 18:20

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/5 18:11
Group:
Registered Users
I received a Christmas card two weeks ago.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
As for slow delivery, the mail goes through a number of sorting processes - electronic and manually, so if the penmanship is poor especially with the zip codes or two envelopes stick together, mistakes occur with some envelopes being sent to the wrong destinations. It could be some time before the mistake is discovered and rerouted back to the correct postal office, thus causes the delay

Yet, somehow, the USPS operations pretty much ANYWHERE ELSE in the country seem to do just fine. The truth is that JC's USPS operations, offices and staff are subpar. And, this stuff is inexcusable. If you accept mediocrity, you will end up with mediocrity.

I once received a piece of mail that came from literally 1/2 a mile away - just one Jersey City address to another. The postmark was from five days earlier. Just sad. The mailer should have just walked it over to my place.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
As for slow delivery, the mail goes through a number of sorting processes - electronic and manually, so if the penmanship is poor especially with the zip codes or two envelopes stick together, mistakes occur with some envelopes being sent to the wrong destinations. It could be some time before the mistake is discovered and rerouted back to the correct postal office, thus causes the delay

Yet, somehow, the USPS operations pretty much ANYWHERE ELSE in the country seem to do just fine. The truth is that JC's USPS operations, offices and staff are subpar. And, this stuff is inexcusable. If you accept mediocrity, you will end up with mediocrity.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If there are problems with tampering, the only person that has 'private' access without supervision, is the mailman doing your route.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 15:47
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
received a baby shower invite yesterday... a week later than everyone else and the envelope already open.

forever infuriated at the amount of mail i've had stolen/missing in this town. i tell people not to send me things at my address whenever possible, but when someone does, damn, does every card have to show up already open or not at all?

Posted on: 2014/7/30 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/30 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dwntowntrain wrote:
Dear JC post system,

Why did it take 10 days for a letter to get from south orange to Hamilton park area of jersey city?

Hey, you got the letter! Based on prior history, that's a resounding success!! Of course, I am being sarcastic. For whatever reasons, the USPS offices, operations and staff in JC are really poor. I have lived in at least 10 different places in the US, and never have I seen such inept staff (rude workers, with bad attitudes, and severe lack of knowledge) and never have I had so much mail go missing, lost, or improperly delivered.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 10:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/15 11:24
Group:
Registered Users
Dear JC post system,

Why did it take 10 days for a letter to get from south orange to Hamilton park area of jersey city?

Posted on: 2014/7/30 3:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/30 15:54
Group:
Registered Users
If I get a slip, I immediately go to USPS.COM and schedule for
a redelivery. The regular guy with the truck is great. The only
time I've had problems is if he is off. He rings the bell, and then
waits because he knows we come from the 3rd floor and I'm a
slow walker. I actually try to schedule my deliveries so they DON'T
come on Saturday. I too hate the post office (use the one on Bergen)

Posted on: 2014/4/7 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Same -

Always home, I have my tracking, waiting for the mail... no bell and I get the slip, a couple times I have caught my mailman and he tells me he cant carry it with him.... isnt that what the trucks are for?? I LOATHE going to the Bergen ave office.... so frustrating

Posted on: 2014/4/7 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The online complaint form goes nowhere. So does calling and complaining to the actual office.

But I believe if more people called their US congressional representative (NOT the mayor, NOT the city council, NOT the state Assemblyperson or Senator) about this issue, there might be some headway. Certainly the potential to be better than what is going on now. There was a situation with a similarly horrific post office in Brooklyn and the congressional representative pushed very hard for the place to improve. From my understanding, the place still isn't perfect, but the efforts of numerous residents that contacted the congressman paid off pretty well.

This post office is in representative Albio Sires' district. His website is sires.house.gov. Contact information is on the website. If enough people make a stink about this, maybe he'll do something.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 17:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/1 21:19
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users
post office didn't even bother helping me out with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7fshtSXgRY

Posted on: 2014/4/7 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Make a complaint online via the inquiry tab; Select - PROBLEM

http://faq.usps.com/adaptivedesktop/f ... p?ef=USPSFAQ&dest=EmailUs

Posted on: 2014/4/6 7:00
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
The mail carrier put a note in my mailbox that they attempted to deliver a certified letter. Someone was home all day. They didn't bother ringing the bell....

I hate having notices of certified mail and not knowing what it's about. Nothing ever good comes by certified letter.

Posted on: 2014/4/5 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
They don't give a F**k about anything except getting those packages off their truck. They once shoved a giant box, that wasn't for me, under my basement gate that blocked me from opening the door. A package thief would have a holiday in my neighborhood. Packages are just left out in the open all the time.

Posted on: 2014/3/30 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
And if you live in a private house where there is no foyer & your neighbors work. I have my medicine delivered to the office.

You don't see the irony in suggesting the neighbors take a package when my complaint is the USPS deliverer won't even bother to ring the bell to alert the "working at home me" before running off?

My door entry system allows me to program an entry code for UPS to enter and leave packages, but the USPS has higher turnover, and....since they don't ring I never even get to meet them to give them the code.

Posted on: 2014/3/30 16:06

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017