Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
54 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 54

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/9/20 14:11
Last Login :
2020/3/19 16:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 891
Offline
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

not total BS boss. My dad dealt cards there for 25 years. He and many, many of his friends that were cooks and waiters in the hotels became dealers when they opened up the casinos.

Im born and raised and he's still there. He supported our family and put me through catholic grade school, high school and helped with college. Also paid off his house. Trust me, many dealers and other non "menial" workers at least started off in AC. Yes, many leave after they get their feet under them but some do stay.


Your anecdote is not enough evidence that this is in any way a good idea. How many dealers can they possibly have? Are they really getting paid the same rate they were 25 years ago?


actually, they're getting paid more. I understand that casinos are not good for a community. I accept that. The main reason I dont gamble is because I've seen what it does to people. I only wanted to point out that it can be beneficial for some people that aren't venture capitalists.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 14:08
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
3/15 23:54
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4119
Offline
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

not total BS boss. My dad dealt cards there for 25 years. He and many, many of his friends that were cooks and waiters in the hotels became dealers when they opened up the casinos.

Im born and raised and he's still there. He supported our family and put me through catholic grade school, high school and helped with college. Also paid off his house. Trust me, many dealers and other non "menial" workers at least started off in AC. Yes, many leave after they get their feet under them but some do stay.


Thats great however!

Many families lost their incomes, couldn't afford food or schooling, destroyed the family unit and resorted to crime - Many more families and individuals are victims of casinos, then any 'good news stories' and thats why casino empires exist via their predatory nature of marketing to the socioeconomic vulnerable members of our society.

If anything your dad was complicit with what casinos cause ... I don't see too many 'rich people' running around telling everyone how they won at the casinos!

Posted on: 2014/7/16 3:51
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/14 14:58
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Posts: 374
Offline
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

not total BS boss. My dad dealt cards there for 25 years. He and many, many of his friends that were cooks and waiters in the hotels became dealers when they opened up the casinos.

Im born and raised and he's still there. He supported our family and put me through catholic grade school, high school and helped with college. Also paid off his house. Trust me, many dealers and other non "menial" workers at least started off in AC. Yes, many leave after they get their feet under them but some do stay.


Your anecdote is not enough evidence that this is in any way a good idea. How many dealers can they possibly have? Are they really getting paid the same rate they were 25 years ago?

Posted on: 2014/7/16 2:51
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
3/15 23:54
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4119
Offline

Posted on: 2014/7/16 2:29
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
3/15 23:54
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4119
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, soccer just doesn't cut it in the USA. Never has, never will. The fact that we're now on multi-generational status with kids who grew up playing it but don't support professional soccer pretty much tells the tale.

Now that the World Cup is over we can forget it for another four years.


Personal opinion, myths and beliefs aside - These are the facts.

Top 5 Most popular sports in the US.

1. American Football

2. Baseball

3. Basketball

4. Ice Hockey

5. Football (Soccer)

http://sporteology.com/top-10-most-popular-sports-in-america/

Posted on: 2014/7/16 2:11
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/9/20 14:11
Last Login :
2020/3/19 16:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 891
Offline
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
The said Atlantic City would employ locals and it was total BS except for the most menial, low wage jobs. All the dealers and host/hostesses were brought in from other places.


not total BS boss. My dad dealt cards there for 25 years. He and many, many of his friends that were cooks and waiters in the hotels became dealers when they opened up the casinos.

Im born and raised and he's still there. He supported our family and put me through catholic grade school, high school and helped with college. Also paid off his house. Trust me, many dealers and other non "menial" workers at least started off in AC. Yes, many leave after they get their feet under them but some do stay.

Posted on: 2014/7/16 2:07
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1762
Offline
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, soccer just doesn't cut it in the USA. Never has, never will. The fact that we're now on multi-generational status with kids who grew up playing it but don't support professional soccer pretty much tells the tale.

Now that the World Cup is over we can forget it for another four years.


liga mx crushes the nhl in tv ratings


So?

Posted on: 2014/7/16 1:22
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/10/11 4:24
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 182
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, soccer just doesn't cut it in the USA. Never has, never will. The fact that we're now on multi-generational status with kids who grew up playing it but don't support professional soccer pretty much tells the tale.

Now that the World Cup is over we can forget it for another four years.


liga mx crushes the nhl in tv ratings

Posted on: 2014/7/16 0:55
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Soccer hit its apex in the US with the Cosmos-Pele, Chinaglia, Beckenbauer. That was thirty years ago!


Posted on: 2014/7/15 21:12
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1762
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Based on what numbers?


Quote:

Logic and paying attention. See above instead of listening to what Mike Francesa has to say on topics.


You think I listen to Mike Francesa because I asked you to back up your claim?

In other words, you can't back up what you said. When you can, let me know. Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/7/15 21:09
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 21:43
Last Login :
2019/12/17 22:00
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1894
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, soccer just doesn't cut it in the USA. Never has, never will. The fact that we're now on multi-generational status with kids who grew up playing it but don't support professional soccer pretty much tells the tale.

Now that the World Cup is over we can forget it for another four years.

I get that your circle doesn?t pay attention but let me lay down some information for you?

Soccer isn?t one monolithic entity. It is the name of a sport. If you say to someone ?I like auto racing,? it is entirely possible that the person you are talking to also likes auto racing. When it comes to specifics, you might hate watching Formula 1 while that person hates watching NASCAR.

Soccer is more complex than that. I have friends that watch SPFL and EPL and MLS. I have other friends that watch La Liga and some MLS. I have friends that hate MLS and only watch SPFL. I have other friends that watch Ligue 1 and other friends that only watch La Liga. Then, there are people I play with that only watch Serie A or the Eredivisie or the Bundesliga. I haven?t even covered Liga MX, which draws better ratings in the west coast than NFL games. There are international games and tournaments like EuroCup, Copa America, Gold Cup, etc.

The argument that the sport isn?t popular is false. You can state that MLS isn?t very popular. I may be a fan, but I won?t argue. You can argue that Ligue 1 isn?t popular and I won?t argue. But the sport which has followers of many leagues absolutely is popular.

Put it this way, the guy walking down the street in a Barcelona shirt can probably have a conversation with a guy wearing a Real Madrid shirt about the current state of Athletic Bilboa. However, the guy walking down the street in a Manchester United top will have no idea how good Muniain is. However, ManU person can possibly tell you who is starting up top for Stoke while the Barcelona and Real Madrid people can?t.

The other reality is that the amount of money spent on TV rights for all of these leagues is astronomical. Just look at the amount of channels involved:
ESPN, NBC Sports, Fox Sports 1, Fox Soccer Plus, Gol TV, BeIN Sports, BeIN Espanol, Univision, Telemundo.

How many channels show the NBA??
ESPN, TNT, NBA TV??

How many channels show MLB??
ESPN, TNT, TBS, MLB Network??

There is a ?national conscience? that exists regarding what we pay attention to and what is advertised. The national meme is to continue repeating "soccer isn't popular." However, how many channels do you know exist because there is a demand for MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL?? I have four channels that came into existence solely to broadcast soccer games.

I won?t ever argue that someone uninterested needs to follow the sport. That is just silly. However, to say that the sport isn?t popular and that nobody is paying attention is simply false. Next time you go to a mall, take a look around and see how many people are wearing soccer jerseys, football jerseys, baseball jerseys, basketball jerseys, etc. You?ll be surprised how the numbers stack up.

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

The reality is, soccer is more popular in America than just about any other sport. The difference is understanding that the popularity is spread amongst many different leagues and teams. It isn?t like saying ?I like baseball? and that means MLB. It isn?t like saying ?I like football? and that means NFL. The reality is that there are more channels paying out big money rights for soccer leagues than any other sport.



Based on what numbers?

Logic and paying attention. See above instead of listening to what Mike Francesa has to say on topics.


Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
..
The reality is, soccer is more popular in America than just about any other sport. The difference is understanding that the popularity is spread amongst many different leagues and teams. It isn?t like saying ?I like baseball? and that means MLB. It isn?t like saying ?I like football? and that means NFL. The reality is that there are more channels paying out big money rights for soccer leagues than any other sport.
...


I would absolutely love it for the US to get a place or 2 in the UEFA Champions League. That would be the next quantum leap for the sport in this country - with the additional money, tv rights, top Euro clubs playing here competitively every year, and real competition between US clubs for those places. Perhaps Mr Klinsmann can pull a few strings ? North Atlantic Champions League anyone?

Well, USA isn?t in UEFA so they won?t be able to compete in Champions League, but we have our own tournament. This has existed for quite some time now. It?s called CONCACAF Champions League. RBNY, winning the Supporter?s Shield, will compete in it. Mexican teams have won the tournament every year.

There is the FIFA Club World Cup each year, but nobody pays much attention to it.

Posted on: 2014/7/15 21:00
Dos A Cero
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
..
The reality is, soccer is more popular in America than just about any other sport. The difference is understanding that the popularity is spread amongst many different leagues and teams. It isn?t like saying ?I like baseball? and that means MLB. It isn?t like saying ?I like football? and that means NFL. The reality is that there are more channels paying out big money rights for soccer leagues than any other sport.
...


I would absolutely love it for the US to get a place or 2 in the UEFA Champions League. That would be the next quantum leap for the sport in this country - with the additional money, tv rights, top Euro clubs playing here competitively every year, and real competition between US clubs for those places. Perhaps Mr Klinsmann can pull a few strings - North Atlantic Champions League anyone?

Posted on: 2014/7/14 23:56
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1762
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

The reality is, soccer is more popular in America than just about any other sport. The difference is understanding that the popularity is spread amongst many different leagues and teams. It isn?t like saying ?I like baseball? and that means MLB. It isn?t like saying ?I like football? and that means NFL. The reality is that there are more channels paying out big money rights for soccer leagues than any other sport.



Based on what numbers?

Posted on: 2014/7/14 22:23
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4442
Offline
Pebble, soccer just doesn't cut it in the USA. Never has, never will. The fact that we're now on multi-generational status with kids who grew up playing it but don't support professional soccer pretty much tells the tale.

Now that the World Cup is over we can forget it for another four years.

Posted on: 2014/7/14 22:17
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1762
Offline
..

Posted on: 2014/7/14 20:10
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/1/10 22:45
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 161
Offline
I'm sure the mayor is thinking big when he golfs at the Fireman's super exclusive Liberty National Golf course on the Fireman's nickel. boy the Fireman's worked this guy! thanks for thinking big mayor!

Posted on: 2014/7/14 19:56
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 21:43
Last Login :
2019/12/17 22:00
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1894
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
All racing is hurt by the Obama economy, the NASCAR fans are the middle class that are hemorrhaging jobs. If the economy ever comes back they'll be fine. Fixed, not really. Yes, they may throw a late race caution to tighten the field to make for a thrilling finish, but fixed, no. (Although it probably has happened a few times over the last fifty years or so under extraordinary circumstances).

I have friends that like NASCAR. I even have a good friend that works for NASCAR. You can?t blame Obama for the fact that the TV ratings for NASCAR have been plummeting faster than a brick dropped in the ocean.

I get that you want to blame the woes of a fixed sport on Democrats. It?s your go-to. But, there is nothing about TV ratings reducing that says it is because Obama hasn?t fixed all of the screw-ups begun with prior presidents.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Xanadu sucks? Yes, a dumb idea from the get-go. Yes, architecturally sucky for sure-but it's not open, how could it suck?

It could suck because of the simple fact that they can?t rent it out. You forget that this was supposed to be the first mall to open in America since the depression started.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Red Bull-thankfully, enough people drink that poison to support the facility and sports worldwide. Soccer just doesn't cut it for most Americans. Even Pele couldn't save it in the US. Other than Beckham, I can't name a single soccer star playing in the USA or internationally other than the goalie from the World Cup and the guy that didn't make the team.

I find this funny based on the pure stupidity of it. Essentially, because *you* can?t name anyone other than retired soccer players, the sport is a failure. Heck, I can name one NASCAR driver and it?s because the guy?s dad died in a race. I?m also not arrogant enough to believe that NASCAR is a failure because of my lack of knowledge on the sport.

The reality is, soccer is more popular in America than just about any other sport. The difference is understanding that the popularity is spread amongst many different leagues and teams. It isn?t like saying ?I like baseball? and that means MLB. It isn?t like saying ?I like football? and that means NFL. The reality is that there are more channels paying out big money rights for soccer leagues than any other sport.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Does anyone seriously think this racetrack/casino/95 story building will ever really happen? It's a total fabrication so they can build yet another soul-killing condo tower and say "see? This isn't so bad".


Don't forget 100,000 person stadium and the world's largest Ferris wheel.

In fairness, the London Eye is pretty damn impressive and quite a nice trip. Something like that placed in Jersey City would actually be a good idea?

Posted on: 2014/7/14 17:12
Dos A Cero
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/4/15 3:58
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 801
Offline
I lived in Macau when I was younger, and every year when the grand prix comes, it's LOUD. We actually get school off because there's no way we could hear the teacher!!! We loved it!!!

Quote:

greenville wrote:
You are freaking idiot monroe. I know that this would only bring trouble to JC. The money brought by jobs would be lost by gambling losses by residents. Also I use to live next to an amateur NASCAR racetrack and the noise was unbearable when they were racing.

Posted on: 2014/7/14 14:24
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/17 21:00
Last Login :
2019/1/25 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 53
Offline
?You?ve got to think big,? said Mayor Steven Fulop of Jersey City, adding that he had been discussing the project with Mr. Fireman for eight months. ?The opportunity to have a world-class facility on the waterfront is significant from a job-creation standpoint, for tax relief and for tourism. Paul Fireman is capable of executing something like this.?


----And there goes Fulop's voting base.

Posted on: 2014/7/14 13:45
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/14 14:58
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Posts: 374
Offline
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
a stadium that will sit empty more than half the time...of course, there might not be much there now....but sometimes needs to do a REALISTIC cost benefit analysis. i like the ny times article about hartford rejecting a stadium that was only going to generate $500,000 in annual proceeds but would require $4,000,000 in annual bond payments from the city


What city bonds? I thought the $5 billion was private capital - with the city and state on the hook for tax incentives. You understand how project financing works?


I understood perfectly when McGreevey and Corzine said Xanadu would get zero public financing. I understood better when Christie came along and changed that.

Posted on: 2014/7/14 4:59
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/8/17 1:45
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3010
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
a stadium that will sit empty more than half the time...of course, there might not be much there now....but sometimes needs to do a REALISTIC cost benefit analysis. i like the ny times article about hartford rejecting a stadium that was only going to generate $500,000 in annual proceeds but would require $4,000,000 in annual bond payments from the city


What city bonds? I thought the $5 billion was private capital - with the city and state on the hook for tax incentives. You understand how project financing works?

Posted on: 2014/7/14 4:27
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
3/15 23:54
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4119
Offline
Trump Plaza casino owners fear closure

July 14, 2014, 1:06 pm Wayne Parry AP


Atlantic City's crumbling casino market has disintegrated even further as the owners of the Trump Plaza casino in Atlantic City say they expect to shut down in mid-September.

Trump Entertainment Resorts told The Associated Press that no final decision has been made yet on the Boardwalk casino. But the company says it expects the casino to close its doors September 16.

Notices warning employees of the expected closing will go out to the casinos 1,000-plus employees.

If Trump Plaza closes, Atlantic City could lose a third of its casinos and a quarter of its casino workforce in less than nine months. The Atlantic Club closed in January, the Showboat is closing next month and Revel might do likewise if a buyer can't be found in bankruptcy court.

Trump Entertainment Resorts told the AP that its managers and board of directors "have been reviewing alternatives for the property. Although this review has not been completed and no final decision has been made, the company expects that it will terminate the operations of Trump Plaza Hotel and Casino on or shortly after September 16, 2014."

A source with direct knowledge of the situation who was not authorised to speak to the media told The Associated Press that the company has hired a search firm to solicit buyers for Trump Plaza, an effort that remains ongoing. So far, no buyer has emerged.

The news is the latest in a cascade of setbacks for Atlantic City's gambling market, which until just a few years ago was the second-largest in the nation after Nevada; Pennsylvania has now taken over that spot. Analysts have long said that the casino market here, and in the Northeastern United States, has been oversaturated, and that some casinos need to close to ensure the survival of others.

On January 1, Atlantic City had 12 casinos. By the end of September, it could have eight.

The Atlantic Club closure cost 1,600 workers their jobs. An additional 2,100 at Showboat will be unemployed as of August 31, in addition to the 1,009 Trump Plaza workers on the payroll. Revel has 3,100 workers who could lose their jobs if the two-year-old casino resort is not sold.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/7/14 4:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
11/20 6:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3637
Offline
a stadium that will sit empty more than half the time...of course, there might not be much there now....but sometimes needs to do a REALISTIC cost benefit analysis. i like the ny times article about hartford rejecting a stadium that was only going to generate $500,000 in annual proceeds but would require $4,000,000 in annual bond payments from the city

Posted on: 2014/7/13 0:32
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/6/14 13:36
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 415
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
they want to build a stadium that seats 25,000 more people than the metlife stadium. now, this is lunacy..the ny region has more than enough stadiums and talk about traffic. No thanks!


http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/10/nyr ... for-jersey-city.html?_r=0


I don't want it either, but this a motorsports racetrack. (I think someone said formula 1). In which case the capacity is not that unusual. This is not another football stadium, that is competing to host the same events.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 0:21
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
11/20 6:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3637
Offline
please atlantic city is just dying....who wants to go that far to gamble

Posted on: 2014/7/12 23:20
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/1/11 18:21
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4960
Offline

Posted on: 2014/7/12 20:27
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/28 22:22
Last Login :
2018/7/19 12:07
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 607
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Does anyone seriously think this racetrack/casino/95 story building will ever really happen? It's a total fabrication so they can build yet another soul-killing condo tower and say "see? This isn't so bad".


Don't forget 100,000 person stadium and the world's largest Ferris wheel.


The 100,000-person stadium, the racetrack, the 95-story tower with a casino, hotel, and condos are all a ploy so that the world's largest Ferris wheel can be built in JC. ;)

Posted on: 2014/7/12 13:01
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
11/20 6:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3637
Offline
intersting article about hartford rejecting efforts to use taxpayer funds for minor league baseball stadium

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/12/nyr ... l&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0

Posted on: 2014/7/12 10:19
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
11/20 6:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3637
Offline
they want to build a stadium that seats 25,000 more people than the metlife stadium. now, this is lunacy..the ny region has more than enough stadiums and talk about traffic. No thanks!


http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/10/nyr ... for-jersey-city.html?_r=0

Posted on: 2014/7/12 6:17
 Top 


Re: A casino in Jersey City? Venture capitalist wants to make it happen
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
3/15 23:54
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4119
Offline

Posted on: 2014/7/12 2:03
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 




« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 13 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017