Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Disruption Theory in Education
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/2 14:03
Group:
Registered Users
That is an interesting article thanks for sharing.

I feel it is important to differentiate "disruption" and "disruptive theory" here though.

Education has it's disruptive influences the same as other industries. Adaptive learning software, moocs, etc. While I agree with some of the nuance the article exposes regarding this it isn't my issue here.

My issue is that this is politically motivated "disruption" disseminated by billionaires like Eli Broad fulfilling some conservatives wet dreams of spanking teachers.

The worst thing about it is that it is clearly hurting students. It is no rocket science to understand disruption in the classroom is bad for learning whether it comes from little johnny in the back or a billionaire-brow-nosing superintendent.

Also, as I said before, good teachers, the ones who have options, are leaving. The bad ones, who can't and don't give a sh** anyway are still there.

Let us all give them a taste of their own medicine.

Posted on: 2014/6/30 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
From an essay in The New Yorker about disruption:
Quote:
Innovation and disruption are ideas that originated in the arena of business but which have since been applied to arenas whose values and goals are remote from the values and goals of business. People aren?t disk drives. Public schools, colleges and universities, churches, museums, and many hospitals, all of which have been subjected to disruptive innovation, have revenues and expenses and infrastructures, but they aren?t industries in the same way that manufacturers of hard-disk drives or truck engines or drygoods are industries. Journalism isn?t an industry in that sense, either.

Discussion HERE.

Posted on: 2014/6/27 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

teachparentlove wrote:
This article states explicitly what we can deduce at this point is all that the Broad Academy (where both our superintendent and Newark's Cami Anderson learned their craft) stands for.

http://bobbraunsledger.com/cami-insul ... nd-he-says-he-is-leaving/

Disruption Theory!

Yes "disruption" as a natural consequence has changed many industries. Education is different. They are trying to disrupt it in their own image and through secret political tactics.

Here is a thought. FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE! DISRUPT THEIR DISRUPTION! ANY INITIATIVE COMING FROM CHRISTIE OR LYLES SHOULD BE DISRUPTED HOWEVER POSSIBLE. GET CREATIVE! MAKE "MISTAKES". CAUSE COMPUTER CRASHES AT THE TIME OF STANDARDIZED TESTS. I BET YOU FEEL SICK AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME.

They need our co-operation for their madness. Disrupt it.

A less than perfect evaluation is meant to improve someone's performance through pointing out areas that need improvement. Isn't any top manager entitled to have their mandate implemented by his or her subordinates?

Hmmnn, wasn't the JC Police Chief fired for exactly the same reason, er, yesterday?

Frankly, Newark and it's taxpayers shouldn't be so gung-ho on self rule and determination, especially when they have their hands out to the state and suburban taxpayers to pay for their own problems. Want to run your own schools? Replace the billion dollar a year subsidy with your own taxes.

Posted on: 2014/6/27 14:08

Disruption Theory in Education
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/2 14:03
Group:
Registered Users
This article states explicitly what we can deduce at this point is all that the Broad Academy (where both our superintendent and Newark's Cami Anderson learned their craft) stands for.

http://bobbraunsledger.com/cami-insul ... nd-he-says-he-is-leaving/

Disruption Theory!

Yes "disruption" as a natural consequence has changed many industries. Education is different. They are trying to disrupt it in their own image and through secret political tactics.

Here is a thought. FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE! DISRUPT THEIR DISRUPTION! ANY INITIATIVE COMING FROM CHRISTIE OR LYLES SHOULD BE DISRUPTED HOWEVER POSSIBLE. GET CREATIVE! MAKE "MISTAKES". CAUSE COMPUTER CRASHES AT THE TIME OF STANDARDIZED TESTS. I BET YOU FEEL SICK AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME.

They need our co-operation for their madness. Disrupt it.

Posted on: 2014/6/27 13:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017