Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Baseball meets windshield
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone recommend a reputable place to repair or replace a windshield in JC? Preferably, but not limited to, downtown?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/6/18 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
It's just that when the fields have the same name they are easily confused.
Quote:

trambone wrote:
3000 hits and died in a plane crash doing a humanitarian mission. They'll start naming little league fields after you when you do both those things.

Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
My Bad, I didn't realize that they named both ball fields after Roberto Clemente. Apparently, Jersey city has a hard-on for the guy.

Quote:

DoveTales wrote:
Thank you fat ass bike ! Exactly, you said it for me. I am noticing star ratings by people's usernames... Haha. It seems like an accurate rating so far! Now pardon me I am going to go skeet shooting in the middle of the street, hope no one gets hurt. But if they so it won't be my fault surely.

And whoever said I was referring to the baseball field of 6th just didn't read my posts. Also I clearly stated there are no signs at the park on 8th and Brunswick...

Posted on: 2014/6/9 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
nah ignore the post above, if you park next to a baseball field you do so with the expectation that could happen.

Using that logic, if you park at night in Greenville or DTJC you do so with the expectation that you could have your car stolen and it's your fault with no recourse, if it does happen !

interesting strawman

Posted on: 2014/6/8 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

anonymess wrote:
Times have changed. Growing up in the city in the prehistoric era, my friends and I played touch football in the street. Freddy threw one long and it smashed someone's side view mirror. We knew whose car it was. We all went to the owner's apartment, apologized, and offered to pay.

Your parents would have been proud - Today many lack empathy or accountability and often not taught by parents

Posted on: 2014/6/8 10:07
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Times have changed. Growing up in the city in the prehistoric era, my friends and I played touch football in the street. Freddy threw one long and it smashed someone's side view mirror. We knew whose car it was. We all went to the owner's apartment, apologized, and offered to pay.

Posted on: 2014/6/8 9:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
3000 hits and died in a plane crash doing a humanitarian mission. They'll start naming little league fields after you when you do both those things.

Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
My Bad, I didn't realize that they named both ball fields after Roberto Clemente. Apparently, Jersey city has a hard-on for the guy.

Quote:

DoveTales wrote:
Thank you fat ass bike ! Exactly, you said it for me. I am noticing star ratings by people's usernames... Haha. It seems like an accurate rating so far! Now pardon me I am going to go skeet shooting in the middle of the street, hope no one gets hurt. But if they so it won't be my fault surely.

And whoever said I was referring to the baseball field of 6th just didn't read my posts. Also I clearly stated there are no signs at the park on 8th and Brunswick...

Posted on: 2014/6/8 4:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

DoveTales wrote:

Posted on: 2014/6/8 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Doesn't hold water - When I was much younger and in LA on vacation with the family, a golf ball crashed into our windscreen while on a freeway that ran next to a golf course. Dad was pissed, saw the golf course after we pulled up. We went there and complained and they immediately gave us a sheet of paper with all their insurance details to claim against - The golf guy at the office just looked at the car, didn't look for the golfer that hit the ball and we were on our way covered for the damage - ALL sporting clubs and facilities have public liability - The rental car co. was cool also and we didn't pay for any excess as we had all the details of who was responsible.

Public liability is also something that cityhall has - If a pothole on a public road damages your wheel, you have a claim against them - I've done it once, however most people are not aware of it.

Your situation is similar but not exactly what I'm talking about. Speaking as someone who has lived on a golf course when I was younger, trust me when I say that the course does not always have to pay. It's presumed in many cases that by knowingly moving next to a hazard, you are assuming some risk. Kind of like moving next to an airport the compalaing about the noise. Or my earlier example about living on 1st street. I knew there was a bar there when I moved in, and I presumed at some point it may become an issue.

I'm glad you had good luck with the city and potholes. When I have tires get blown out because of how awful the roads can be, the city said they had to know about the hole prior to me hitting it. If it's want reported to them they wouldn't pay. They can't be responsible for every flat tire cause by potholes.

Our arguing on the internet isn't going to sove anything though. I'd be interested to know oh the OP made out if they attempted to get money from the field.

Posted on: 2014/6/8 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Quote:

DoveTales wrote:

Think about it this way. If you live in a house on a golf course, you do so knowing that on occasion a golf ball may come through a window. The golfer that hit the ball paying for your window would be the right thing to do, but they are not required to pay.

Or I could give you an example from my own life. I used to live on 1st street, by the bar Indio's. I did so knowing that at some point the drunks leaving the bar may sideswipe my car since the street is narrow and curvy. Well, it happened twice. I ended up eating the cost, and reducing my deductible for incidents where I wasn't in an accident but someone damaged the car. I also learned not to park there on the weekend whe. The bar was busiest.

Same thing when you park next to a baseball field when a game is being played. Would someone paying your deductible be the right thing to do? Or course it would be, but good luck finding someone to do it. Even if the teams were forced to have liability insurance they will argue it was the other team that hit the ball.

Lesson from all of this is you may want to look into reducing your deductible for glass breakage.

Doesn't hold water - When I was much younger and in LA on vacation with the family, a golf ball crashed into our windscreen while on a freeway that ran next to a golf course. Dad was pissed, saw the golf course after we pulled up. We went there and complained and they immediately gave us a sheet of paper with all their insurance details to claim against - The golf guy at the office just looked at the car, didn't look for the golfer that hit the ball and we were on our way covered for the damage - ALL sporting clubs and facilities have public liability - The rental car co. was cool also and we didn't pay for any excess as we had all the details of who was responsible.

Public liability is also something that cityhall has - If a pothole on a public road damages your wheel, you have a claim against them - I've done it once, however most people are not aware of it.

Posted on: 2014/6/8 0:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DoveTales wrote:

Think about it this way. If you live in a house on a golf course, you do so knowing that on occasion a golf ball may come through a window. The golfer that hit the ball paying for your window would be the right thing to do, but they are not required to pay.

Or I could give you an example from my own life. I used to live on 1st street, by the bar Indio's. I did so knowing that at some point the drunks leaving the bar may sideswipe my car since the street is narrow and curvy. Well, it happened twice. I ended up eating the cost, and reducing my deductible for incidents where I wasn't in an accident but someone damaged the car. I also learned not to park there on the weekend whe. The bar was busiest.

Same thing when you park next to a baseball field when a game is being played. Would someone paying your deductible be the right thing to do? Or course it would be, but good luck finding someone to do it. Even if the teams were forced to have liability insurance they will argue it was the other team that hit the ball.

Lesson from all of this is you may want to look into reducing your deductible for glass breakage.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Park at your own risk. No one owes you anything.

Ignore above - If you have parked legally in a legally designated area, then some-one does owe you. The only issue is identifying the accountable party (individual, team or organization that booked the field)

The authority that manages the field will know exactly who booked the field.

Premium Content is correct. You will never get paid. Although your thinking is well intended, try applying it.
No one will take responsibility. No one has ever taken responsibility at a ball field.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 19:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/16 0:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/7 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
nah ignore the post above, if you park next to a baseball field you do so with the expectation that could happen.

Using that logic, if you park at night in Greenville or DTJC you do so with the expectation that you could have your car stolen and it's your fault with no recourse, if it does happen !

Posted on: 2014/6/7 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/7 7:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Ignore above - If you have parked legally in a legally designated area, then some-one does owe you. The only issue is identifying the accountable party (individual, team or organization that booked the field)

The authority that manages the field will know exactly who booked the field.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 6:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/7 5:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Roberto Clemente Field, the one the OP's talking about is the same one you are referring to on 6th and manila, one and the same. Whenever I've parked there I have assumed that I would be responsible for the damage because the signs warn as such. $250 is a really high deductible on glass, but your lucky it was just glass and not a dented roof for example.

Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
I wonder if that field is anything like the baseball field on 6th and Manila? During baseball season they have signs up that you park next to the field at your own risk, and they are not responsible for damage from stray baseballs.

Posted on: 2014/6/7 3:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
OK Troll

Posted on: 2014/6/6 20:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Frankly you shouldn't have posted to begin with. You've added nothing of value. You've been a total prick from the start. "Just can't stay away" indeed. I like how you quote my text and post 15 minutes later haha. Took that long to think up your moronic reply? Figures, makes totals sense.

I brought it up, no shit. Really ? And if you look at the replies some people actually posted useful responses... Wow. How novel. Who knows , maybe this very same thing happened to someone who would come across my post and they would add welcomed info. That's kind of why I posted. Not to hear how dumb I am.

I made more posts in one day.. ? Interesting. It's my topic first off. So why wouldn't I respond to people? Good point, sir. Except you've posted almost as much as I have on this very thread. Odd.

"Then". That says it all, "Dummy". Bye.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 20:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My Last post on this subject. You brought up this stupid question about getting paid for your windshield not me.
And you have made more post then me in one day than I have in the 5 years I'm on this thing, DUMMY

Posted on: 2014/6/6 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DoveTales wrote:
Very cool, thanks for the tip on the dash cam!! Genius. I just wonder if it's not something that would make low life's wants to break in the car and hock. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with accidents and how shady people can be. That is the worst part. It's getting worse each year.

And yes, the announcer is super annoying. Going on and on at absurd volumes impressing himself.

And wow... Poncho comes sniffing around again to see the results of his stirring the pot like a true Internet Troll. Well done, Dummy. Thanks for checking back to see how people praisied your wonderful thoughts and ideas. I cant wait until you're forced to park somewhere you maybe really shouldn't have someday. Do post here with the fallout please. I want to write asinine negative comments and call you a fool. Just kidding. Have a lovely life. I'm sure you're a really happy person who never thinks about the dark side of the moon. Xo

Posted on: 2014/6/6 19:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Very cool, thanks for the tip on the dash cam!! Genius. I just wonder if it's not something that would make low life's wants to break in the car and hock. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with accidents and how shady people can be. That is the worst part. It's getting worse each year.

And yes, the announcer is super annoying. Going on and on at absurd volumes impressing himself.

And wow... Poncho comes sniffing around again to see the results of his stirring the pot like a true Internet Troll. Well done, Dummy. Thanks for checking back to see how people praisied your wonderful thoughts and ideas. I cant wait until you're forced to park somewhere you maybe really shouldn't have someday. Do post here with the fallout please. I want to write asinine negative comments and call you a fool. Just kidding. Have a lovely life. I'm sure you're a really happy person who never thinks about the dark side of the moon. Xo

Posted on: 2014/6/6 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Best investment I have ever made ;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-7-LCD-Full- ... Cards&hash=item2c79a9211f

On one occasion a cyclist clipped and broke my side mirror on my Toyota Tundra with his backpack while I was waiting at the lights - The dude claimed I hit him - Cops and insurance got a copy of the footage and I didn't have to pay the insurance excess.

The other occasion was more serious; A woman slapped my car in Manhattan, also while waiting at the lights and she went to the hospital and made a police report - Cops came, I gave them a copy of the footage and the last I heard she was in trouble for make a false claim on me and police report. (She claimed I clipped her turning the corner)

These dash cams do a loop recording and with a 32 memory card its great

These cheap ass cameras also got footage of a graffiti tagger hitting my neighbors house - I placed it pointing out the back of my car's window and directly at his front fence - The high definition was clear as a bell and the cops did the rest - the neighbor was overjoyed and took me out for a beer.

I let the camera run all night and it has no effect on my car battery - if I have any sort of incident, I have 3 memory cards that I swap around.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
And one more thing. That announcer guy does play by play OVER the P.A. system. Anyone with any real baseball knowledge knows that this is a big no-no. It is the job of the players on the field to communicate to each other or figure out on their own where to make a throw, which base to stop at etc. When an idiot announcer is screaming over the P.A. system what is happening then it gives players an unfair advantage or a disadvantage whether on offense or defense. For instance, a batter hits a ball to the fence and the leftfielder is chasing it, back to the infield, then the runner should be able to decide to take third base without the announcer tipping off the leftfielder. "AND HE'S ROUNDING SECOND AND HE'S GONNA TRY AND TAKE THIRD!!" It shows the level of intelligence of the little league mafia. Especially when they're screaming at the kids.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The announcer guy is super annoying and obnoxious and loves the sound of his own voice. The people who "control" those fields have co-opted them for their use and their use only. People always complain that the kids have nothing to do in the summer and yet 3 baseball fields in the neighborhood are locked up so that only those who know somebody can use them. There was one guy at Enos Jones who would show up in the Fall and Winter months at night. He would switch on the lights at the larger field and then jog around it. All for his personal use on the tax-payers dime. It's disgusting that kids are not allowed to play ball unless they are approved by the Little League mafia. Might be a good time to start a push on city hall and the Mayor to change things and let the neighborhood kids play ball when they want.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Vigilante, I know you talk tough about every thing, but I would like to witness your complaint about the annoying Hispanic accent at the game. You will get your racist ass handed to you.

Not sure why you feel that his comment about an annoying Hispanic accent is racist... I am a full blooded Hispanic, and I would be the first one to say that there are some really annoying Hispanic accents out there, such as Rosie Perez (WTF is up with her voice/accent!?) and Yolanda Vega (her voice, and her ridiculous trademark elongation of her name, makes me want to stick a knife in my ears!!)

Sheesh... some people are too damn sensitive.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DoveTales wrote:
Baseball mafia. I like that. Yeah, it probably is a damn racket. I figured the chances were slim to none. Just posting here partly to see if anyone else had horror stories. Eh.

There are actually no signs posted. Funny that the one on sixth has those signs up, I bet the cop cars gets smashed at times. Now that has got to be a big issue right there. Imagine a cop not being able to immediately drive to an emergency cause of a damn baseball meeting a windshield.

I highly doubt that there are not any ball fields out there that have agreements with neighbors that they ll pay for damages incurred my friend. And I'm sure some people actually feel bad and just pay for it outright anyway. But yeah, thanks for your genius reply, so very helpful and insightful. I'm so dumb, so WTF do I know right? Gee. Yeah, maybe you should reread my original posting, Troll. Parking is slim to none, in fact it's even harder when a game is on to find any open spaces, what with all the lovely parents coming out to cheer their little tikes on. You say all that like I didn't know or something. And I bet you would really like to witness people fighting at a ball field over annoying affectations. Because hey, that's obviously not ignorant either! In fact I would like to watch vigilante hand you your teeth instead Poncho, but just so he can prove he's as tough as he acts. But not really....Because watching people fight is pretty stupid. But hey you should go sit on the bleachers and wait for your little showdown. Bring sunscreen and a video camera. Now go haunt someone else's posts with smarmy good for nothing remarks, dummy.

Only one dummy here, and we know who that is. The guy paying for the wind shield. Also Dummy, There are plenty of people with accents, and are they annoying ? Would have said, annoying Jamaican , Italian, Phillipino accent ?

Posted on: 2014/6/6 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
There isn't a softball, or baseball field in America that will pay for your car windshield if its hit by a baseball. If you are dumb enough to park there, then you take your chances.

Your're right Poncho it's like parking your car by the shopping cart section at the supermarket parking lot. I never do on account that my car might get bumped by a cart. Maybe they were trying to be politicaly correct and not insult the baseball culture so they decided to park there.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 13:42
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Vigilante, I know you talk tough about every thing, but I would like to witness your complaint about the annoying Hispanic accent at the game. You will get your racist ass handed to you.

Hey Poncho what are you the Star Ledger aiming to leave out a significant point ? There is an announcer, stating baseball plays, with an accent that is Hispanic...truth be told.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 13:30
Get on your bikes and ride !

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Baseball mafia. I like that. Yeah, it probably is a damn racket. I figured the chances were slim to none. Just posting here partly to see if anyone else had horror stories. Eh.

There are actually no signs posted. Funny that the one on sixth has those signs up, I bet the cop cars gets smashed at times. Now that has got to be a big issue right there. Imagine a cop not being able to immediately drive to an emergency cause of a damn baseball meeting a windshield.

I highly doubt that there are not any ball fields out there that have agreements with neighbors that they ll pay for damages incurred my friend. And I'm sure some people actually feel bad and just pay for it outright anyway. But yeah, thanks for your genius reply, so very helpful and insightful. I'm so dumb, so WTF do I know right? Gee. Yeah, maybe you should reread my original posting, Troll. Parking is slim to none, in fact it's even harder when a game is on to find any open spaces, what with all the lovely parents coming out to cheer their little tikes on. You say all that like I didn't know or something. And I bet you would really like to witness people fighting at a ball field over annoying affectations. Because hey, that's obviously not ignorant either! In fact I would like to watch vigilante hand you your teeth instead Poncho, but just so he can prove he's as tough as he acts. But not really....Because watching people fight is pretty stupid. But hey you should go sit on the bleachers and wait for your little showdown. Bring sunscreen and a video camera. Now go haunt someone else's posts with smarmy good for nothing remarks, dummy.

Posted on: 2014/6/6 13:03

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017