Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Ras Baraka declares victory
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble, try and look at the facts-he didn't take social security (which is a lifetime benefit, once you get it) he took a physical disability for being freaking blind, which he stopped after a few years in his early twenties.

And he certainly wasn't a hypocrite for denying others Social Security-like many, he realized it's been looted and was looking to make it a true 'lockbox' by giving people the right to keep their benefits in a private account.

No, honey, the sky isn't falling, he wasn't going to 'take' anyone's money or deny them benefits, he was trying to make sure there was money LEFT OVER for people.

Back when SS began there were something like 25 workers supporting every beneficiary. Now, it's something like 3, and falling every year.

It won't sustain, and he was trying to cover that, not steal or deny anything.

But you probably knew that, but had to cower to the party line.

I do like your continued use of the term "honey" to describe me. It's one of those fun misogynistic ways to attempt to discount an opinion by simply being a woman... oddly done without any knowledge of my gender...

You are also wrong on the facts
Quote:
?By the time I got out of college, I became a client of the New Jersey Commission for the Blind,? Lonegan said, ?and a Social Security disability recipient.?

Maybe Lonegan was lying when he claimed he received Social Security...

The rest of your screed is the typical conservative talking point that has been in existence since the day SS was invented. The most it incites is yawns from those that know better.

To expect a retraction from you would be like expecting one from your friend in lies, Breitbart.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 17:39
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Pebble, try and look at the facts-he didn't take social security (which is a lifetime benefit, once you get it) he took a physical disability for being freaking blind, which he stopped after a few years in his early twenties.

And he certainly wasn't a hypocrite for denying others Social Security-like many, he realized it's been looted and was looking to make it a true 'lockbox' by giving people the right to keep their benefits in a private account.

No, honey, the sky isn't falling, he wasn't going to 'take' anyone's money or deny them benefits, he was trying to make sure there was money LEFT OVER for people.

Back when SS began there were something like 25 workers supporting every beneficiary. Now, it's something like 3, and falling every year.

It won't sustain, and he was trying to cover that, not steal or deny anything.

But you probably knew that, but had to cower to the party line.

Posted on: 2014/5/16 23:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs ... ilyemail&mbid=nl_Daily%20(178)

The link in the article will take you to a lengthy article which summarizes the attempt to fix Newark's schools. Spoiler: The system is still crap.

The full article is a very good read on how not to throw money at a problem.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/20 ... 9/140519fa_fact_russakoff

Posted on: 2014/5/16 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Amusing, Pebs, but again

Lonegan took a disability payment, for a short time, for being blind. And he refused other public types of support he could have accepted.

Instead, he created a successful business and created jobs.

And he cut spending as Mayor of Bogota-what else could he do, he didn't control county or state taxes.

He should be an inspiration for everyone-grandson of immigrants, lost his father at a young age, began losing his sight at 14, earning two degrees, creating jobs, and serving the public.

If we had a thousand like him in JC right now just imagine the positive impact he'd have on the city.

Let's see if Ras Baraka can do a fraction of what Lonegan has done as a man.

LOL!

The guy took social security. It doesn't matter the reason. He doesn't want anyone else to have that same option. That makes him a hypocrite. I also posted a link about how he's hypocritical on a completely different topic and that link came straight from a conservative!

Even in this thread, other conservatives have called Lonegan a joke and loser. Is it a requirement for you to get your knees dirty for everyone with an R?

I doubt Baraka will do much for Newark. In fact, he might completely suck. However, I don't live there and thus don't have a vote. It seems enough people wanted him, so good luck to them. Personally, I see it as a clear indication of why Newark will continue to founder while JC grows.

Posted on: 2014/5/16 14:50
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The only bright side is that Newark's finances will soon come under state control

There is a $93 million budget deficit, and the state has WARNED that it MAY take over the city?s rickety finances.

Trust me, it's a done deal. They have to have a balanced budget, and are waaay short.

wow what a disaster the boss can't even handle his own budget and wants to take over Newark's LOL

Newark has their hand out, after wasting untold amounts of money in corruption over the decades. I think Booker was the last Newark mayor not to be convicted of a crime since the mid 60's, and if they ever get to the bottom of the Newark Watershed corruption he would be the next. And Baraka's father supported them all-so it wasn't a surprise to see felon Sharpe James give and have his endorsement accepted. Business as usual again in City Hall.

But, maybe you can be a little intellectually honest and comment on the fact that Newark had a budget surplus when Cory Booker came into office, and after 8 years as mayor the city is in the toiler? Yet the sheeple of NJ sent him to Washington-based on what?

Blame the republicans for putting up the looney tune Steve Lonegan to run in opposition. That was as good a choice as Buono to run against Christie lol.

The Tea Party is the best thing that ever happened to the Democratic Party. ("See how crazy they are? Wouldn't you rather vote for a corporate shill instead?")

Posted on: 2014/5/16 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs ... ilyemail&mbid=nl_Daily%20(178)

The link in the article will take you to a lengthy article which summarizes the attempt to fix Newark's schools. Spoiler: The system is still crap.

Posted on: 2014/5/16 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Amusing, Pebs, but again

Lonegan took a disability payment, for a short time, for being blind. And he refused other public types of support he could have accepted.

Instead, he created a successful business and created jobs.

And he cut spending as Mayor of Bogota-what else could he do, he didn't control county or state taxes.

He should be an inspiration for everyone-grandson of immigrants, lost his father at a young age, began losing his sight at 14, earning two degrees, creating jobs, and serving the public.

If we had a thousand like him in JC right now just imagine the positive impact he'd have on the city.

Let's see if Ras Baraka can do a fraction of what Lonegan has done as a man.

Posted on: 2014/5/16 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Here's the basis, Pebs, of your amusing disconnect.

Lonegan didn't 'get' 'his', he EARNED it. The grandson of immigrants, he started to become blind at 14 and later earned a undergraduate, then graduate degree.

And he created a kitchen cabinet business in an old silk factory in gritty Paterson, creating plenty of jobs.

He should be an inspiration for immigrants.

Really? I didn't realize you could collect Social Security and other government money through some hard earned work. The guy was the ultimate fraud.

"I'm in favor of Social Security when I need it. But you can go pound sand if you want it when I'm in charge!"

The man is the very definition of what the Republican Party has become.

He received disability payments for being blind while a student, and although his father had passed away, his family didn't take food stamps or rent assistance that they qualified for.

I guess haters gonna hate, lol, making unsupported accusations of fraud casually.

The man collected social security. This is a fact. The man opposes anyone else collecting social security for any reason, including what he collected it for. This is also a fact. But, that's not just one reason he's a hypocrite.

Conservative bloggers agree: "Lonegan is a hypocrite"

Posted on: 2014/5/16 0:47
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Lonegan didn't 'get' 'his', he EARNED it. The grandson of immigrants, he started to become blind at 14 and later earned a undergraduate, then graduate degree.

And he created a kitchen cabinet business in an old silk factory in gritty Paterson, creating plenty of jobs.

Really? I didn't realize you could collect Social Security and other government money through some hard earned work. The guy was the ultimate fraud.

"I'm in favor of Social Security when I need it. But you can go pound sand if you want it when I'm in charge!"

He received disability payments for being blind while a student, and although his father had passed away, his family didn't take food stamps or rent assistance that they qualified for.

I guess haters gonna hate, lol, making unsupported accusations of fraud casually.

Posted on: 2014/5/16 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/16 0:04
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/15 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Lonegan got 44% of the vote . . . which was shocking given that the national and local media was/is totally in the tank for Booker. While it's clear that Newark suffered under Booker, and his Newark Watershed shenanigans should have him indicted by now, he has gotten a free press pass.

Lonegan is the typical Republican. "I've got mine. Screw you if you think you can get yours." If he doesn't have that on a bumper sticker, he should. I don't know why you are all complaining about him.

As for the "free press pass"... It's amazing how that can be possible when it's constantly discussed and in the newspaper. Clearly someone like you, who consistently demonstrates great understanding about the media, is spot on here.

Posted on: 2014/5/15 23:43
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The only bright side is that Newark's finances will soon come under state control

There is a $93 million budget deficit, and the state has WARNED that it MAY take over the city?s rickety finances.

Trust me, it's a done deal. They have to have a balanced budget, and are waaay short.

wow what a disaster the boss can't even handle his own budget and wants to take over Newark's LOL

Newark has their hand out, after wasting untold amounts of money in corruption over the decades. I think Booker was the last Newark mayor not to be convicted of a crime since the mid 60's, and if they ever get to the bottom of the Newark Watershed corruption he would be the next. And Baraka's father supported them all-so it wasn't a surprise to see felon Sharpe James give and have his endorsement accepted. Business as usual again in City Hall.

But, maybe you can be a little intellectually honest and comment on the fact that Newark had a budget surplus when Cory Booker came into office, and after 8 years as mayor the city is in the toiler? Yet the sheeple of NJ sent him to Washington-based on what?

Blame the republicans for putting up the looney tune Steve Lonegan to run in opposition. That was as good a choice as Buono to run against Christie lol.

Lonegan got 44% of the vote . . . which was shocking given that the national and local media was/is totally in the tank for Booker. While it's clear that Newark suffered under Booker, and his Newark Watershed shenanigans should have him indicted by now, he has gotten a free press pass.

All true but there is no excuse for the republicans trotting out garbage to run against him. Surely he can't be the best republican candidate in the state? I think that election result means a halfway decent candidate would have beaten Booker.

Posted on: 2014/5/14 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/14 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/14 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/14 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/14 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/14 13:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/14 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The only bright side is that Newark's finances will soon come under state control, so Baraka won't be able to start handing out patronage jobs and no-bid contracts anytime soon.

Posted on: 2014/5/14 11:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
not much is gonna change in newark, unl;ess they simply get and keep the criminals off the streets and improve the educational/skills/employment levels for residents

Sounds really simple. Maybe you should have run for mayor.

Posted on: 2014/5/14 10:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
not much is gonna change in newark, unl;ess they simply get and keep the criminals off the streets and improve the educational/skills/employment levels for residents

Posted on: 2014/5/14 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Back to the Sharpe James era for Newark. He's really a fitting mayor, suits the residents well.

Posted on: 2014/5/14 2:49

Ras Baraka declares victory
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/14 2:23

[Advanced Search]