Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
71 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 71

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
And Whizzy and Whiney whiff in their first swing.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... hearing.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/5/6 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
fat-ass, do you feel the same way

about Obama and the IRS targeting conservative groups

and

Hilary

about Benghazi?

Because anyone who feels Christie should've had knowledge about a traffic jam should also feed that Obama should've known about the IRS issues and Hilary about what took place in Benghazi, no?

And, what's more damaging, a Ft. Lee traffic jam, or the IRS targeting groups for political advantage, or 4 American killed in a terror attack?
Well the three don't really compare, since it was found the IRS targeted liberal groups just as much, and because there isn't really any scandal or cover-up about Benghazi, just a tragedy.

Except it's not true that liberal groups were targeted equally as conservative groups.

And yes, Obama sending his representative to speak to the nation, days after the terror attack, and lying about what caused the attack is a cover up-done for political reasons just prior to the election.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

and

Hilary

about Benghazi?

Because anyone who feels Christie should've had knowledge about a traffic jam should also feed that Obama should've known about the IRS issues and Hilary about what took place in Benghazi, no?

And, what's more damaging, a Ft. Lee traffic jam, or the IRS targeting groups for political advantage, or 4 American killed in a terror attack?
Well the three don't really compare, since it was found the IRS targeted liberal groups just as much, and because there isn't really any scandal or cover-up about Benghazi, just a tragedy.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 14:52

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/2 14:03
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. FatAssBike you just broke down the current political crisis perfectly.

Seriously on the money!

Posted on: 2014/5/6 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

You have noble ideals but unfortunately this is not how the system works. The way it is structured, in order to win any election you have to raise lots of money. The higher profile the office, the more money. How do you raise this money? Through the political machine, and more specifically, through the corporations that fund them.

And these corporations are seeking a return on their investment. They do not donate tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity, or because they like a particular candidate's ideals. Once the person they donate to gets into office, they expect repayment. And they receive it.

This is why Fulop tried to jam through the proposal to change Jersey City's ambulance contract to McCabe, because they (or their affiliates) donated to him and he also wants them to donate to his governor campaign. The only reason that proposal got jammed up is because it has been under review for being potentially illegal.

It is also why Obama is great buddies with Comcast's chief lobbyist, David Cohen who spent millions of dollars and lots of time helping Obama's campaign as well as the campaigns of countless Democratic senators. It's why Obama spent so much time at Cohen's house, Obama joked: "I have been here so much, the only thing I haven?t done in this house is have Seder dinner.? http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/bus ... casts-real-repairman.html

And you'd be a fool to think Republicans are any different. They just have a different set of corporate interests that they are beholden to. Although in the case of big telecoms such as Comcast, they own both parties.

So I admire your sentiment, but it is woefully naive to think that if a politician acts as a puppet for others, then they'll never get your vote. They all are "puppets," because they get rewarded in the process. Some are just better at hiding it.

I'm pretty sure nearly everyone is aware of how the system works, however I'm loyal to no party but rather 'what's in it for me' and what is my tax being used for. If my taxes exclusively goes to 'pay-back' political financial supporters with no benefit to me directly or indirectly, then we have a problem and it does appear that we have a BIG problem in the US.
We have become a capitalist corporate based society whereby big business indirectly governs our lives - We are heading to an end of an Empire.

And its politicians that demonstrate inept sociopathic behaviour like Christie, that is speeding up the process with ego / bully based 'pay-back' decisions to his potential rivals at our cost. For this reason alone, I'd like to Christie flipping burgers then in public office with such power to abuse.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 4:38
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

and

Hilary

about Benghazi?

I'm a swinging voter and when you have 3 tiers of government - Local / State / Federal my focus of importance and relevance differs 3 ways.

I voted democrat on one level and republican on another and don't get me wrong, I don't discriminate on whom I'm critical about or not happy with.

This said, the person or political party in-charge and 'closest to home', is where I can voice my dimes worth that could possibly have a miniscule impact to demonstrate my disapproval, will most likely cop the most, and I do have an issue in general with repetitive bullies / thugs and inept / lying politicians.

Don't worry, if Fulop or the next Governor 'cocks-up', I'll voice my dimes worth also and regardless of which party it my be.
Its the person on top of the political hierarchy that has the final word and not the political machine behind them - If they do act as a puppet for others, then they will never get my vote - Healy was a classic example.

You have noble ideals but unfortunately this is not how the system works. The way it is structured, in order to win any election you have to raise lots of money. The higher profile the office, the more money. How do you raise this money? Through the political machine, and more specifically, through the corporations that fund them.

And these corporations are seeking a return on their investment. They do not donate tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars for charity, or because they like a particular candidate's ideals. Once the person they donate to gets into office, they expect repayment. And they receive it.

This is why Fulop tried to jam through the proposal to change Jersey City's ambulance contract to McCabe, because they (or their affiliates) donated to him and he also wants them to donate to his governor campaign. The only reason that proposal got jammed up is because it has been under review for being potentially illegal.

It is also why Obama is great buddies with Comcast's chief lobbyist, David Cohen who spent millions of dollars and lots of time helping Obama's campaign as well as the campaigns of countless Democratic senators. It's why Obama spent so much time at Cohen's house, Obama joked: "I have been here so much, the only thing I haven?t done in this house is have Seder dinner.? http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/bus ... casts-real-repairman.html

And you'd be a fool to think Republicans are any different. They just have a different set of corporate interests that they are beholden to. Although in the case of big telecoms such as Comcast, they own both parties.

So I admire your sentiment, but it is woefully naive to think that if a politician acts as a puppet for others, then they'll never get your vote. They all are "puppets," because they get rewarded in the process. Some are just better at hiding it.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

and

Hilary

about Benghazi?

I'm a swinging voter and when you have 3 tiers of government - Local / State / Federal my focus of importance and relevance differs 3 ways.

I voted democrat on one level and republican on another and don't get me wrong, I don't discriminate on whom I'm critical about or not happy with.

This said, the person or political party in-charge and 'closest to home', is where I can voice my dimes worth that could possibly have a miniscule impact to demonstrate my disapproval, will most likely cop the most, and I do have an issue in general with repetitive bullies / thugs and inept / lying politicians.

Don't worry, if Fulop or the next Governor 'cocks-up', I'll voice my dimes worth also and regardless of which party it my be.
Its the person on top of the political hierarchy that has the final word and not the political machine behind them - If they do act as a puppet for others, then they will never get my vote - Healy was a classic example.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 3:26
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Comments regarding Chris Christe at the WHCD
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

boomer wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And Christie parties till 3AM with the host.

If only Obama had reached across the aisle and not been so thin skinned for the last 5 1/2 years we'd be in a much better place right now.

http://pagesix.com/2014/05/05/mchale- ... 3374.252943093.1382912305

bwahahahahahahaha

whatever you're smoking you got to give me some

Pushing a thousand posts here, and nothing, despite millions of dollars spent, Whizzy and Whiney in a froth, has been found to deny what Christie has said-he had nothing to do with the traffic jams.

Well it's a good thing that the people posting here are the ones doing the investigation! It makes your point so incredibly valid.

What's valid is that over 250,000 (yes, a quarter million) texts, emails, and other electronic communications have been examined and not a single one shows that Christie had any knowledge of the traffic jams. These include Christie's and Guadagno's personal phones, which they voluntarily gave to the 'independent' committee.

So what you are trying to contend is that because there is no electronic information about it, it didn't happen. Awesome.

Let's apply that to some other pieces of information... Christie and his wife never had sex. There appears to be no video of it. How do we know this event ever happened?!

I'm not a Christie fan but an inability to disprove is not proof of anything. You're arguing for a logical fallacy.

I am pointing out logical fallacy. It is absurd to argue that because no digital evidence has come up yet that Christie didn't know.

You're arguing for that Christie needs to a "disprove a negative". That's a logical fallacy. The default is that he didn't know and we need evidence to show that he did know before we can make an argument otherwise.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Speaker Boehner announces special committee on Benghazi. Wish these people cared this much about the Iraq War that killed tens of thousands. It doesn't matter how many times Republicans chant Benghazi into a mirror. Candyman won't magically appear and murder the Democratic Party.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

and

Hilary

about Benghazi?

Posted on: 2014/5/6 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
people don't carry tape recorders and most illegal actions aren't recorded - there is little doubt that Christie was aware or should have been aware.
I doubt 2 administrators from the Christie camp close roads and did whatever without checking with the boss - They were professional, highly educated individuals and have never had a history of being mavericks or going awol from internal political protocols - They would have been given the nod verbally from the 'bubble-butt'

Posted on: 2014/5/6 0:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So, given that over a quarter million emails, texts, and all other forms of communications (including from personal phones) have been examined-

you're still hoping for a smoking gun that doesn't exist??

Get back to us when you have evidence beyond a moist hope.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

boomer wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

If only Obama had reached across the aisle and not been so thin skinned for the last 5 1/2 years we'd be in a much better place right now.

bwahahahahahahaha

Pushing a thousand posts here, and nothing, despite millions of dollars spent, Whizzy and Whiney in a froth, has been found to deny what Christie has said-he had nothing to do with the traffic jams.

Well it's a good thing that the people posting here are the ones doing the investigation! It makes your point so incredibly valid.

What's valid is that over 250,000 (yes, a quarter million) texts, emails, and other electronic communications have been examined and not a single one shows that Christie had any knowledge of the traffic jams. These include Christie's and Guadagno's personal phones, which they voluntarily gave to the 'independent' committee.

So what you are trying to contend is that because there is no electronic information about it, it didn't happen. Awesome.

Let's apply that to some other pieces of information... Christie and his wife never had sex. There appears to be no video of it. How do we know this event ever happened?!

I'm not a Christie fan but an inability to disprove is not proof of anything. You're arguing for a logical fallacy.

I am pointing out logical fallacy. It is absurd to argue that because no digital evidence has come up yet that Christie didn't know.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 20:06
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

boomer wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

bwahahahahahahaha

Posted on: 2014/5/5 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

boomer wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

bwahahahahahahaha

Posted on: 2014/5/5 17:46
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

boomer wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

bwahahahahahahaha

Posted on: 2014/5/5 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

boomer wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

bwahahahahahahaha

Posted on: 2014/5/5 17:26
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

boomer wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

bwahahahahahahaha

Posted on: 2014/5/5 16:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/15 19:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

bwahahahahahahaha

Posted on: 2014/5/5 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/5 15:34

Comments regarding Chris Christe at the WHCD
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/15 19:25
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/5 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/4/7 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Let me summarize every post Monroe has made on this topic:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Resized Image

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
As someone who travels a lot for their job, I will now express what pretty much everyone outside of the NY/NJ area thinks when they read about this story today, or hears people continue debating it:

Are you idiots still talking about this non story?

People outside the area don't care because they don't care about the news constantly focusing on the NYC metro area.

However, if you think that a blatant abuse of power in which all the information has not come out is a non-story, I don't know what is wrong with you.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
As someone who travels a lot for their job, I will now express what pretty much everyone outside of the NY/NJ area thinks when they read about this story today, or hears people continue debating it:

Are you idiots still talking about this non story?

People outside the area don't care because they don't care about the news constantly focusing on the NYC metro area. I also don?t care to let Ohioans or Wisconsins dictate what I consider important in my local region.

However, if you think that a blatant abuse of power in which all the information has not come out is a non-story, I don't know what is wrong with you.

Posted on: 2014/4/7 14:22
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/4/7 7:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
There is no Christie 2016 run, deal with it and stop drinking the kool aid.

Posted on: 2014/4/6 2:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Resized Image

This rhymes

Plan B!

Plan B!

But don't use it on Hil-a-Ree!

:)

Posted on: 2014/4/5 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/4/5 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Given Ed Rendell is a HUGE Hilary supporte in 2008 and will be in 2016 again, does this surprise ANYONE that he'd be trying to derail a potential Christie candidacy?

When a rabid Democrat makes a partisan prediction against a Republican-why is it news? If he endorsed a Republican, that would be noteworthy. But this is just 'dog bites man', file it under 'not newsworthy', except for the loonies out there.

Posted on: 2014/4/5 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Ed Rendell: ?Not only can Chris Christie not win-I think he may have trouble finishing out his term?

Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell say Governor Chris Chrisite is a "non-factor" in 2016 presidential race. Jeb Bush is new front runner he says.?

?Not only can Chris Christie not win, I think he may have trouble finishing out his term,? Rendell said Tuesday at the Rebovich Institute at Rider University. He added later: ?There?s absolutely no chance that he didn?t know this was going on if he didn?t order it or OK it. So I think he?s not a factor.??

?I mean, I look at it from the perspective as a very activist governor, which I was and he is,? he said. ?There is no way that eight people in my administration would be part of something and I wouldn?t know about. There is no way they would dare do something like this without getting clearance from me.??

?And besides that, the trashing of David Wildstein and Bridget Kelly indicate that they are setting up a ?he said, she said? battle,? Rendell said. ?They?ve trashed her. They?ve trashed women with this idea that she was emotionally unstable because she broke up with a man. Heaven forbid that breaking up with a man would make you do something mentally unstable like closing down four lanes of a bridge.?

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... 16_presidential_race.html

Wow, someone with experience in the position who doesn't resort to BENGHAZI or IRS! Who would have thunk?

Posted on: 2014/4/5 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Ed Rendell: ?Not only can Chris Christie not win-I think he may have trouble finishing out his term?

Former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell say Governor Chris Chrisite is a "non-factor" in 2016 presidential race. Jeb Bush is new front runner he says.?

?Not only can Chris Christie not win, I think he may have trouble finishing out his term,? Rendell said Tuesday at the Rebovich Institute at Rider University. He added later: ?There?s absolutely no chance that he didn?t know this was going on if he didn?t order it or OK it. So I think he?s not a factor.??

?I mean, I look at it from the perspective as a very activist governor, which I was and he is,? he said. ?There is no way that eight people in my administration would be part of something and I wouldn?t know about. There is no way they would dare do something like this without getting clearance from me.??

?And besides that, the trashing of David Wildstein and Bridget Kelly indicate that they are setting up a ?he said, she said? battle,? Rendell said. ?They?ve trashed her. They?ve trashed women with this idea that she was emotionally unstable because she broke up with a man. Heaven forbid that breaking up with a man would make you do something mentally unstable like closing down four lanes of a bridge.?

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... 16_presidential_race.html

Posted on: 2014/4/5 21:04

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017