Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: How is the neigborhood on Virginia Terrace between JFK blvd and west side ave?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 19:27
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks a lot for the quick response. I'm clueless about the area so this is a big help. I work in Newark so I'll be commuting to JSQ PATH everyday which seems easy enough. Glad to hear there are cute shops and restaurants in the area. The place i'm looking at is a completely renovated row house. They've redone everything from plumbing to roof etc and it's listed for $239K. I thought that might be a bit high for the area but worth it if the property values are on the rise.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 22:03

Re: How is the neigborhood on Virginia Terrace between JFK blvd and west side ave?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/6 21:33
Group:
Banned
I grew up VERY close to that exact spot and I would not invest my hard earned money there now. Too much crime in the general vicinity. Robberies, break-ins, muggings, stolen and vandalized cars... we had it all. If you are used to living downtown (as I am now) you won't be happy there. I would never move back.

Now duck and cover while the Greenville lovers jump all over this!

Posted on: 2014/3/6 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The neighborhood is pretty chill, diverse and now that the city is finally fixing up West side it will be even better.

There are lots of shops, cafes and some interesting restaurants (Filipino, Italian, Indian Chinese, Latin and Thai over on West Side.

The Mojo Lounge is also within walking distance which is a cool dive bar. Sterling Ave. is also not too far which is home to Spoon a chic sandwich shop and a Spanish restaurant El Sol Del Caribe. If you like baked chicken with beans and rice for less than $10 bucks this place is great.

You will also be close to Laico's which is one of my favorite spots in GV. The west side Lightrail is within walking distance as well and you have a variety of buses that take you to the Square, Newport, 440 and DTJC.

There are a few negatives is there are more bars closer to Westside so you do get lots of foot traffic on Friday and Saturday night within the area. There is no parks within walking distance, the nearest is Lincoln Park so if you have a dog or like to run like myself you are out of luck.

The rents in that area start at $850 and can go up to about $1300. Usually the higher rents are for new construction or completely remodeled apartments. I moved to GV in 2011 from dtjc and love it. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2014/3/6 21:49

How is the neigborhood on Virginia Terrace between JFK blvd and west side ave?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 19:27
Group:
Registered Users
Hello all,

I'm currently renting in downtown JC and looking to buy in Jersey City. I found a very nice row house that I'm considering buying on Virginia Terrace. Can anyone tell me what the neighborhood is like? I'm single in my 30s and will probably have a roommate. I'm also curious what the rental market is like too if anyone has an idea.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 21:28

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017