Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: N.J. has neo-Nazi problem
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I guess NYC has a bit of problem too... Unbelievable!

?Black Hitler? tortured nanny for 3 days:

A Manhattan live-in nanny was held captive and tortured for three days in an East Side apartment by her boss ? who told her he was the ?black Hitler,? police sources said on Wednesday.
The woman allegedly was held in the East 23rd Street home from 9 p.m. Saturday until 7 p.m. Tuesday, when she convinced her captor to let her run out to the bank, the sources said.
Instead, the 22-year-old woman ran to the 13th Precinct and told cops about her torture, allegedly at the hands of Sherman Gamble, 54.
Gamble was arrested that night and charged with attempted murder, kidnapping, assault, strangulation, reckless endangerment and weapons possession.
Sources said the victim is the nanny for Gamble?s 9-year-old grandson, who was home during the weekend attack.

Click link to read more.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

He's knows who you are. You're NONdowntown. Your boyfriend posted her as chickenfliedlice or something racist like that.

Ok, now I'm curious. Describe NONdowntown. Who was he, what did he do, where was he from, what were his core beliefs, where did he live?

Posted on: 2014/3/5 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
I have no idea who you think I am. The point isn't whether their views on minorities or whatnot are accurate or legitimate. I will readily admit that the most amusing aspect of white supremacist groups is that they preach the superiority of the race but tend to be the absolute worst examples thereof. Any notion that these stupid rednecks are superior to minorities from top schools in top jobs is laughable. All of this is neither here nor there. You proposed a new law that would criminalize membership in a group that espouses racist views. I'm requesting that you explain how that would pass 1st amendment scrutiny. Will you answer or not?

Just curious you did not mention the minorities that are not in top schools or top jobs. You are either for the first amendment or not unless you re-write the constitution. Actually, this is an area where you have to have it both ways. Both ways meaning the right to speak on any issue. Once we stifle ourselves, we become everything we are against. I do not mind foreigners as long as they become legal, assimilate with our culture, and speak with a more intelligible tonuge.

Mostly because I wanted to show a group of people that were clearly superior to the typical neo-nazis, who tend to work crap jobs and finish crap schools, assuming they finish any at all. Not all failures are neo-nazis, but neo-nazis are overwhelmingly failures.

I am for the 1st am., but more importantly, I recognize that it is law and realize that proposals that attempt to ignore this fact will be dead on arrival. Which is why I'm chuckling at the proposal to criminalize membership in any group considered racist.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

He's knows who you are. You're NONdowntown. Your boyfriend posted her as chickenfliedlice or something racist like that.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
In other news...

In the wake of a photo scandal that has caused educators and community leaders to reevaluate the way civil rights and black history is taught in New Jersey, the Southern Poverty Law Center has released a report detailing the entire country?s ?woefully inadequate? coverage of these topics.

Resized Image

When a photograph surfaced last month showing seven Phillipsburg High School student wrestlers posing with a dark-colored grappling dummy, which was wearing a Paulsboro wrestling t-shirt and hanging from a rope, many were outraged at the unfortunate imagery it aped.

The photograph was called a ?mock lynching? and derided as an incident that showed lack of historical context and sensitivity.

Lynn Azarchi, executive director of the Kidsbridge Tolerance Museum in Trenton, called the incident a ?teachable moment.?

?We are doing a lousy job of teaching kids sensitivity, awareness and most importantly, empathy,? she said last week.

Now, a new report by the Southern Poverty Law Center, based in Montgomery, Ala., describes a failure to teach civil rights history throughout most of the country, which could contribute to this insensitivity, according to Julian Bond, NAACP Chairman emeritus.

?I find in the teaching I do at the college level, a great number of young people come to me unprepared,? he said during a Wednesday morning conference call. ?They don?t have a beginning of understanding...They?ve never been taught or exposed to this.?

The SPLC?s study ? titled ?Teaching the Movement 2014: The State of Civil Rights Education in United States? ? examined curriculum standards regarding the Civil Rights movement in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. It graded each state on content, sequence, depth of study and connections to the students? and teachers? lives and communities.

New Jersey received a grade of D, a slight improvement from the 2011 report, in which New Jersey received an F.

?New Jersey did not fare well,? said Maureen Costello, the SPLC?s Teaching Tolerance director. ?I think it can improve, if in fact attention is paid to the things that are not often talked about. For example, how can you really understand Birmingham or Brown versus Board of Education without understanding the 90 years of oppression that came first??

The state is one of 20 that received ?D? grades, meaning the SPLC believes they should significantly revise their standards and resources so students have a comprehensive picture of the civil rights movement.

Only three states ? South Carolina, Louisiana and Georgia ? received grades of ?A.? Twenty received an ?F.?

?The civil rights movement isn?t just sit-ins and bus boycotts; it is a long, long struggle for equality that has lasted years and years and will last years more,? said Bond. ?That?s why Teaching Tolerance?s study of what is and is not taught about civil rights is so important. If we do not learn these stories, we cannot understand how important they have been and how necessary they are.?

JJ

Posted on: 2014/3/5 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Dangerous to the agressors? Aren't you a foreigner?

Nope the family has been here (J.C.) since 1922

I think you missed the point - you are a foreigner just like most of us, as opposed to "Native American"

Posted on: 2014/3/5 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
I have no idea who you think I am. The point isn't whether their views on minorities or whatnot are accurate or legitimate. I will readily admit that the most amusing aspect of white supremacist groups is that they preach the superiority of the race but tend to be the absolute worst examples thereof. Any notion that these stupid rednecks are superior to minorities from top schools in top jobs is laughable. All of this is neither here nor there. You proposed a new law that would criminalize membership in a group that espouses racist views. I'm requesting that you explain how that would pass 1st amendment scrutiny. Will you answer or not?

Just curious you did not mention the minorities that are not in top schools or top jobs. You are either for the first amendment or not unless you re-write the constitution. Actually, this is an area where you have to have it both ways. Both ways meaning the right to speak on any issue. Once we stifle ourselves, we become everything we are against. I do not mind foreigners as long as they become legal, assimilate with our culture, and speak with a more intelligible tonuge.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 17:30
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
devilsadvocate 'newbie' my ass - this sounds like a knucklehead that had the same view on life and social issues, that was put in their box by a number of JClisters.

These sort of associations are nothing more that an institution for hate crimes to prevail by weak minded, ignorant individuals that will also use religion to cement their warped beliefs and viewpoints.

I have no idea who that is, but I take it this indicates that no one is actually going to support their [unsupportable] positions.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
devilsadvocate 'newbie' my ass - this sounds like a knucklehead that had the same view on life and social issues, that was put in their box by a number of JClisters.

These sort of associations are nothing more that an institution for hate crimes to prevail by weak minded, ignorant individuals that will also use religion to cement their warped beliefs and viewpoints.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 4:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/5 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Who could blame him for sneaking back in? Gossiping on the WiredJC chat box gets old and the rest of that website is as entertaining as watching grass grow.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 1:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/4 23:52
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Any organisation that advocates or facilitates any form of racial discrimination should be a crime with serious penalties.
Legislation should be in NJ to weed these sorts of group out of the State.

I don't understand, do schools not teach why this would be inherently unconstitutional these days or what?

I'm sure your comprehension skills are great.

They're fantastic. Go ahead and explain how your proposal passes 1st amendment scrutiny. I will enjoy a good laugh.

Posted on: 2014/3/4 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Any organisation that advocates or facilitates any form of racial discrimination should be a crime with serious penalties.

I don't understand, do schools not teach why this would be inherently unconstitutional these days or what?

I'm sure your comprehension skills are great.

Posted on: 2014/3/4 23:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/4 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/4 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Rebecca Forand/South Jersey Times

Such causes as opposition to Agenda 21 ? a non-binding action plan of the United Nations ? and support for laws that nullify potential federal laws, such as bans of Sharia law, which was passed in Oklahoma in 2010, and the Arizona proposal allowing business owners to discriminate against gays are some of the topics radical-right groups have lobbied for.

This article would have been significantly stronger if it excluded the paragraph quoted above and instead focused on violent acts. Plenty of individuals that do not belong to hate groups support those positions.

I also note that their top states for neo-nazi issues also happen to be the largest states and that they fail to denote states without a hate group problem. Overall, not a great article.

Posted on: 2014/3/4 23:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religio ... m/history/history_1.shtml

The Sikhs fought oppression from Islamic, Hindu and Christian countries for centuries, only to come here and fall victim to local ignorance.

Why would they travel to a place where they are not wanted, this would only prove dangerous for both the aggressors and the opressed. Didn't groucho Marx state I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

That post came across as ignorant, intolerant and contradictory. Member of that Bayonne club?

No doubt. He's posted as a racist on this site for years. He's been mellow lately. I guess this thread got him excited.

Posted on: 2014/2/28 12:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

Nope the family has been here (J.C.) since 1922

Posted on: 2014/2/28 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

The Sikhs fought oppression from Islamic, Hindu and Christian countries for centuries, only to come here and fall victim to local ignorance.

Why would they travel to a place where they are not wanted, this would only prove dangerous for both the aggressors and the opressed. Didn't groucho Marx state I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

That post came across as ignorant, intolerant and contradictory. Member of that Bayonne club?

Posted on: 2014/2/28 12:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/28 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/28 11:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/27 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
About 40 members of Jersey City?s Indian/Sikh community held a special meeting with city council members last night, telling them of two recent assaults they believe were hate crimes and to ask for more representation in the city administration.

?'Osama go back home. You don?t belong here,'?? Sunny Kumar, 33, who is on the board of Nanak Naam Jahaj Gurudwara temple on West Side Avenue, said a Sikh man was told while being assaulted on Feb. 15 on Liberty Avenue off Carlton Avenue during a dispute about snow shoveling.

Kumar said part of the man?s beard was torn out, he was kicked in the stomach, beaten with a shovel, had bruises on his chest and pain in his jaw when he was taken to Jersey City Medical Center, where he was treated and released with pain killers.

In a January incident, two Sikh men, with beards and wearing turbans, were walking on Liberty Avenue near Spruce Street when they were assaulted for no reason other than ?the way they looked,?? Kumar said, adding that one man suffered a broken wrist and the other suffered facial bruises.

?People associate Sikhs with terrorists because of the turban and beards,?? said Kumar.?It?s like calling a horse a donkey.''

The brief meeting was attended by council members Joyce Watterman, Daniel Rivera, Richard Boggiano and Khemraj ?Chico?? Ramchal as well as representatives of the North and West police districts. Those attending the meeting were disappointed that Mayor Steven Fulop did not attend even though he had been invited.

An upshot of the meeting is that Council President Rolando R. Lavarro, Jr., council members Ramchal, and Jersey City Police Chief Robert Cowan will attend a service at the temple on Sunday with the aim of addressing the violence, becoming more aware of the Sikh community history and culture and discuss representation in city government, Kumar said.

The Sikhs said they would like to participate in more cross-cultural events to increase awareness of their culture.

Rivera offered to be a liaison to the Sikh community and there was also a suggestion by officials that Sikh history and culture be included in school curriculum.

Ryan Hutchins/The Star-Ledger

Posted on: 2014/2/27 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Black Separatists are racist, anti-white, and anti-Semitic, as much as White Separatists are racist, anti-black and anti-Semitic. Same hate, different color.

I agree.

Posted on: 2014/2/27 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Black Separatists are racist, anti-white, and anti-Semitic, as much as White Separatists are racist, anti-black and anti-Semitic. Same hate, different color.

Posted on: 2014/2/27 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
This is why I wouldn't live in Southern New Jersey.

Did you check out the map? There is a group in Bayonne... not too far from home.

I wouldn't live in Bayonne either.

What map?

Not only Bayonne but North Bergen & Jersey City also!!!!!!

What are you babbling about?

Check out the map & you will see what the babble is about.

The map points to Black Separatists in Jersey City, not Nazis. I've lived in Greenville near Bayonne for 6 years and have yet to be accosted by a Black Separatist. I have run into a few hardcore Nazis from South Jersey at work though.

Posted on: 2014/2/27 13:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

Did you check out the map? There is a group in Bayonne... not too far from home.

What map?

Check out the map & you will see what the babble is about.

Posted on: 2014/2/27 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Our gangbanger problem so far eclipses any neo-Nazi problem we have by about a million percent. Send those arrested development cretins wearing swastika colors down Ocean Avenue for a walk and the neo-Nazi problem would be solved in about five minutes.

I'd rather reverse this idea.

Posted on: 2014/2/27 11:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

What map?

Posted on: 2014/2/27 8:45

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017