Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City burglar roughed up by victim...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Guy robs man of his ipod from his car and man gets in back in a fight...

"After his arrest, Rosario-Rodriguez was treated for facial injuries sustained during the fight and cuts to his right hand, which were caused by breaking the victim's car window, Rogers said."

Exactly, so this would not be a scenario that I was describing before where the victim could not secure their own safety. If the robber keeps trying to fight you - then clearly you aren't secure.

Quote:

If the victim was a bodybuilder or a mma fighter and broke the robber's arm or even killed the man during the fight - all of you would probably prosecute the guy. This is stupid people...come on, use some common sense

No one said that. You are the king of straw man arguments. Respond to what people actually type instead of putting words in their mouths. It helps move debates along..

Posted on: 2014/2/24 12:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yes, because in a fight you did not initiate while walking down the street minding your own business, the first thing you are thinking of is "let me just secure my own safety" and make sure I don't go beyond that. Give me a break. I bet you have never EVER had to defend yourself. Your first instinct is HOW DO I SURVIVE AT ALL COSTS.

If I understand this story correctly, the man whose electronic device was stolen was not even in the car at the time of the robbery. He just happened to returned to the vehicle while the robbery was in progress. His life was not in danger so HOW DO I SURVIVE AT ALL COSTS didn't enter the equation until he attempted to retrieve his property.

No, I don't fault him for wanting to retrieving it, or doing what he had to do in order to accomplish that, but survival was not at stake here until he chose to enter that situation. And once his property and safety was secured, he made the correct decision not to make it worse. Don't rewrite the scenario to fit your argument.

Posted on: 2014/2/24 12:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i meant can't the thief sue after being roughed up?

Sure he can. Whether he would win anything is another matter. If he does win anything, that's pretty sad.

Remember Bernie Goetz? He got mugged once for $5, then 12 years later, one of the same muggers robbed him again for $42 million in civil court. Bernie hasn't paid any of that though, I don't think, because he already went broke paying his lawyers. However, Bernie did use a gun (illegally obtained) and paralyze the mugger, so the mugger had the sympathy of a jury. In this case, there was no gun and the guy didn't sustain anything that won't heal, so his prospects aren't so good. If he's knows what's good for him he'll plea bargain on the criminal charges and move on with life.

the members of that jury should be tried for idiocy and convicted to undergo a lobotomy

if you try and rob someone, the person should be able to not only defend himself but retaliate during the incident. any outcome, including the robber losing his life in my eyes is justifiable

Disagree. Once you've secured your own safety, you don't earn the right to hurt someone else.

Robbing someone is clearly wrong.. but it shouldn't mean a death sentence, either.

yeah, you are right, even if there is direct video evidence of a perpetrator robbing someone, the victim, which I mean the person who is being robbed for all you criminal sympathizers, should not lay a hand on the robber. If the robber has even a bruise, I think the victim should be tried for assault. Can we be friends now whoelse? Now that we both live in bizarro world....

Please re-read my post as your entire response was a loaded straw man argument.

I never said you couldn't lay a hand on the robber, I said "Once you've secured your own safety". Try again.

Yes, because in a fight you did not initiate while walking down the street minding your own business, the first thing you are thinking of is "let me just secure my own safety" and make sure I don't go beyond that. Give me a break. I bet you have never EVER had to defend yourself. Your first instinct is HOW DO I SURVIVE AT ALL COSTS.

I grew up in a city, of course I've had to defend myself.

Again, once you can defend yourself - you know the person out/they back off, there's no need to go for the jugular. We have a right to defend ourselves but not to get blood in vengeance. If you want that, it might be something to look into.

Posted on: 2014/2/24 12:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
The boys parents should be prosecuted for child abuse if the boy is underage

Beause their kid stole a candy bar?

Posted on: 2014/2/24 12:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Sure he can. Whether he would win anything is another matter. If he does win anything, that's pretty sad.

Remember Bernie Goetz? He got mugged once for $5, then 12 years later, one of the same muggers robbed him again for $42 million in civil court. Bernie hasn't paid any of that though, I don't think, because he already went broke paying his lawyers. However, Bernie did use a gun (illegally obtained) and paralyze the mugger, so the mugger had the sympathy of a jury. In this case, there was no gun and the guy didn't sustain anything that won't heal, so his prospects aren't so good. If he's knows what's good for him he'll plea bargain on the criminal charges and move on with life.

the members of that jury should be tried for idiocy and convicted to undergo a lobotomy

if you try and rob someone, the person should be able to not only defend himself but retaliate during the incident. any outcome, including the robber losing his life in my eyes is justifiable

Boy robs store of candy bar ... shop owner kills boy, who fought to try to run away ... according to some this is ok!

1) I do not think minors should be put to death unless for the most heinous crimes. With that being said, if the boy robbed the store with a gun, then the shop owner is within every right to defend himself and his property.

2) The boys parents should be prosecuted for child abuse if the boy is underage

It is not the same thing to shoot a person "running away" than in the heat of battle as the initial story states..

Guy robs man of his ipod from his car and man gets in back in a fight...

"After his arrest, Rosario-Rodriguez was treated for facial injuries sustained during the fight and cuts to his right hand, which were caused by breaking the victim's car window, Rogers said."

If the victim was a bodybuilder or a mma fighter and broke the robber's arm or even killed the man during the fight - all of you would probably prosecute the guy. This is stupid people...come on, use some common sense

Posted on: 2014/2/24 5:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Disagree. Once you've secured your own safety, you don't earn the right to hurt someone else.

Robbing someone is clearly wrong.. but it shouldn't mean a death sentence, either.

yeah, you are right, even if there is direct video evidence of a perpetrator robbing someone, the victim, which I mean the person who is being robbed for all you criminal sympathizers, should not lay a hand on the robber. If the robber has even a bruise, I think the victim should be tried for assault. Can we be friends now whoelse? Now that we both live in bizarro world....

I never said you couldn't lay a hand on the robber, I said "Once you've secured your own safety". Try again.

Posted on: 2014/2/24 5:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Boy robs store of candy bar ... shop owner kills boy, who fought to try to run away ... according to some this is ok!

Posted on: 2014/2/24 4:51
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
[quote]

Remember Bernie Goetz? He got mugged once for $5, then 12 years later, one of the same muggers robbed him again for $42 million in civil court. .

If I remember correctly, the one in the wheelchair was the only one in the group not later arrested for engaging in serious crimes.

That's because he was in a wheelchair and wasn't capable of committing any serious crimes.

Well then he wasn't trying hard enough.

http://www.google.com/search?site=&so ... hp..1.17.9099.xWi1W3CGX2U

Posted on: 2014/2/23 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
[quote]

Remember Bernie Goetz? He got mugged once for $5, then 12 years later, one of the same muggers robbed him again for $42 million in civil court. .

If I remember correctly, the one in the wheelchair was the only one in the group not later arrested for engaging in serious crimes.

That's because he was in a wheelchair and wasn't capable of committing any serious crimes.

Posted on: 2014/2/23 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/23 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
[quote]

Posted on: 2014/2/23 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/23 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/23 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/23 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/2/22 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
A new way to gain a few bucks, robbery + shyster lawyer = $$$.

Sad but true.

A few years back, a woman successfully sued a furniture store in Texas for $750k. She was in the store shopping & was knocked down a few steps by children running wild in the store. She sustained a broken leg. The contention was that the store manager should have done something to keep the children in check.

Oh, glad you asked whose kids they were.....

their mother was the woman whose leg was broken.

Posted on: 2014/2/22 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
A new way to gain a few bucks, robbery + shyster lawyer = $$$.

Posted on: 2014/2/22 15:01
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

This is the funniest post I have read today.

Let's see if we all are on the same page with this:

1. Dirtbag breaks window of car & steals IPad

2. Dirtbag runs like the COWARD he is when owner happens to show up

3. Dirtbag gets caught by owner of vehicle Dirtbag damaged & IPad taken from said vehicle

4. Dirtbag sustains 'boo-boos' fighting with said owner while owner not only is trying to retrieve what is his but while trying to restrain Dirtbag & call police

5. Dirtbag's scumbag shyster argues that Dirtbag's bail is too high because it is obvious that owner of the vehicle Dirtbag broke into & stole from initiated fight trying to retrieve his property.

hero69, you have got to be kidding. Tell me if this was you would you stand there calling 'Stop thief or I'll call the police' while you watched the thief & your possessions fade into the sunset?

Posted on: 2014/2/22 13:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The North Bergen man then "gained control" of Rosario-Rodriguez and called the police while holding him down, Rogers said.

He used force to retrain him and holding him down while calling police = citizens arrest and correct use of force

It sounds like the victim could have beaten the crap out of the thief, but didn't.

Posted on: 2014/2/22 9:19
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/22 7:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
can't the victim sue for assault?

The victim is the one who got robbed....

Posted on: 2014/2/22 4:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
can't the victim sue for assault?

Posted on: 2014/2/22 2:30

Jersey City burglar roughed up by victim...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Jonathan Lin/The Jersey Journal
on February 21, 2014

A Jersey City man got more than he could handle yesterday when he tried stealing an iPad from a North Bergen man's car, Bayonne police said.

Wilbie Rosario-Rodriguez, who appeared in Central Judicial Processing in Jersey City today with a swollen and battered face, broke into the North Bergen man's car while it was parked in a municipal parking lot on 25th Street, Capt. Walter Rogers said.

Rogers said Rosario-Rodriguez, 38, then grabbed an iPad from inside the car and was leaving the scene when something unexpected happened: the owner of the car returned.

Rosario-Rodriguez fled through the parking lot, but the 30-year-old North Bergen man caught up to him and fought him to get his iPad back, Rogers said.

The North Bergen man then "gained control" of Rosario-Rodriguez and called the police while holding him down, Rogers said.

After his arrest, Rosario-Rodriguez was treated for facial injuries sustained during the fight and cuts to his right hand, which were caused by breaking the victim's car window, Rogers said.

The North Bergen man was not injured, Rogers added.

Rosario-Rodriguez was charged with robbery and burglary.

In CJP today, public defender Sarah Seelig-Walsh asked that bail be set at $20,000, and not the state's recommendation of $50,000. She argued that "physical contact was initiated by the victim."

"You can look at the defendant and you can see," she said, gesturing toward Rosario-Rodriguez's swollen eye sockets on the jail screen.

The North Bergen was not charged. Rogers told The Jersey Journal that "the victim had every right to regain his property" and that Rosario-Rodriguez "used force in trying to retain (the victim's) property."

Judge Margaret Marley set Rosario-Rodriguez's bail at $30,000, cash or bond.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ad_cops.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/2/22 2:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017