Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Jersey City to choose new ambulance provider?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
While you are trying to justify McCabe, Joshua, remember, the national average for EMSwho treats heart attack patients is 17%, but the JC EMS is 50%. The best should get the contract, a doctor or EMS worker should have evaluated the contract.

Posted on: 2014/1/8 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FunInWardF wrote:

Here is the letter Mickey McCabe wrote re: decision not to attend the Q&A. It infuriates me that he keeps trying to spin the story and suggest McCabe is the locally owned option, as if the Barnabas Health System is based out of Western Asia and not West Orange. He doesn't even own the ambulance company that bears his name anymore.

So would you agree that the constant "out of towner" accusations thrown at McCabe are improper?

Posted on: 2014/1/8 3:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/27 1:30
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

FunInWardF wrote:
[quote]
Here is the letter Mickey McCabe wrote re: decision not to attend the Q&A. It infuriates me that he keeps trying to spin the story and suggest McCabe is the locally owned option, as if the Barnabas Health System is based out of Western Asia and not West Orange. He doesn't even own the ambulance company that bears his name anymore.

The link...
http://media.nj.com/hudsoncountynow_impact/other/Arcieri.pdf

lol sorry. thanks for posting!

Posted on: 2014/1/8 3:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FunInWardF wrote:
[quote]

The link...
http://media.nj.com/hudsoncountynow_impact/other/Arcieri.pdf

Posted on: 2014/1/8 3:18

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jarcieri wrote:
A public Q&A/forum regarding the ambulance contract will be held on Wednesday Jan. 8 at 7 PM at the Mary McLeod Bethune Center. Representatives from Carepoint/McCabe and JCMC were invited to attend. Carepoint/McCabe declined but JCMC CEO Joe Scott will be in attendance to answer any questions.

More information here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1451049778448549

Posted on: 2014/1/8 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
An interview with Robert Luckritz, EMT Director of the Jersey City Medical Center.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV0TzIm8v0&feature=youtu.be

Posted on: 2014/1/7 22:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/6 18:46
Group:
Registered Users
A public Q&A/forum regarding the ambulance contract will be held on Wednesday Jan. 8 at 7 PM at the Mary McLeod Bethune Center. Representatives from Carepoint/McCabe and JCMC were invited to attend. Carepoint/McCabe declined but JCMC CEO Joe Scott will be in attendance to answer any questions.

More information here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1451049778448549

Posted on: 2014/1/7 5:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This bread crumb trail is also a show of relationship and who has influence in Jersey City. This information was never discussed during the campaign. People are disappointed, Joshua.

It shows a relationship, and that said person, despite her relationship, chose the bid that did not help the relationship.

Posted on: 2014/1/7 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Has this item been calendared for January 15? I don't see an agenda posted yet.

Posted on: 2014/1/6 18:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/17 0:57
Group:
Registered Users
When you have a mayor and his administration that decided on Dec. 13th, 2013 to change the EMS service in Jersey City, and at last minute pulls the agenda from the council meeting on Dec. 18th due to public outcry and stays mute on the subject, I am left more than disappointed.

I can understand going skiing with your family is important for mayor during the holidays, yet he felt the need to share the picture of it on public forum. I understand writing a self promoting opinion piece on Hufftington Post might take precedent over our local Basic Medical Service. But when the mayor whom we elected to serve Jersey City virtually stays mute and refuse to address any of our concern that took up our holiday time due to city?s timing of the decision with zero public outreach, I think we have right to be disappointed, some even angry.

Our family wants to reside in Jersey City years to come. We don?t have any plan to move to other cities and we really like our neighbors. We don?t have any political career or ties to special interest. We are just regular folks that got interested in this subject because it?s that important to us.

I don?t enjoy putting my name out in the open in public forum nor spending my time outside my working hours petitioning nor trying to reach out to all the council members. But what choice am I left with when such an important decision is being made for my family with no emphasis on quality of care? Something had to be done.

This wake up for me started with JCMC EMS saving our neighbor?s newborn baby who wasn?t breathing because he was choking. Their quick response time resulted in that baby boy being saved and thriving today. It was real wakeup call for us and I want continuation of that top notch quality of service for my family and neighbors.

I hope us residents voices will be heard and many of us will again sign up to speak at upcoming City Council Meeting on Jan. 15th, 2014. The number to call to sign up is 201-547-5150. Some of the politicians might be on fast track to go to State/ Federal office but us residents will remain here in JC and we will remember which council members voted quality of care over 2.7 million dollars that are virtually fictional number: maximum reimbursements amount over estimated service that has to be billed, collected through CarePoint insurance system, one that is notorious to say the least. With zero cost factored into transition cost (loss of jobs in JCMC) and administrative cost that city will have to folk over to collect the money.

Posted on: 2014/1/6 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Who's behind JCPAC? Is there a list of donors somewhere?

Posted on: 2014/1/6 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This bread crumb trail is also a show of relationship and who has influence in Jersey City. This information was never discussed during the campaign. People are disappointed, Joshua.

Posted on: 2014/1/6 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
You should also mention that Doshi was one of the two members of the committee who recommended JCMC. Although if something interferes with your narrative, I suppose you conveniently ignore it.

Posted on: 2014/1/6 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Following the bread crumb trail on the contract...
http://www.jerseycitypac.org/more_questions.html

Posted on: 2014/1/6 4:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Has the contract been recalendared? Has anyone heard anything about the opinion of outside counsel regarding the city's acceptance of payment re Medicare/Medicaid (?) regulations?

Posted on: 2014/1/4 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Someone please provide a link where I can see the rates I will be charged with the old or new ambulance provider.
According to this NY Times article it is typically $1000 - $2000 for a ride to the hospital. This is ridiculous, I will remember to call a cab or limo instead of 911 when I need a doctor.

I don't have insurance and demand to know the prices in advance. How can I be in favor of any of the private ambulance providers without seeing how much they charge?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/hea ... -ambulance-bill.html?_r=0

Posted on: 2014/1/4 4:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I suggest, everyone emailed their councilpersons if that cannot attend the meeting. Because the life you save might be your own.

Posted on: 2014/1/4 3:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Morton wrote:
You get what you pay for and the "Ambulance Service" should remain with the Jersey City Medical Center. Putting a "price tag" on one's "life or death" comes from the mind not matured. Newly elected Mayor Fulop needs a lot of growing up. Like a child with a new toy, Fulop can't comprehend how it functions -- manual, battery, or electric -- so he tries it all until he gets it right. He could have saved much anguish if he read the instructions but that would be the intelligent way.

The members of the council need to cut the shirttail strings to Fulop and start thinking about what's right for our city and its people. Vote NO on this change.

VICKY DEE

JERSEY CITY

From The JJhttp://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... _vote_for_ambulances.html

There may be good reasons to keep the JCMC ambulance service, but none are mentioned in this tirade. I'm surprised the JJ published this childish trash.

Posted on: 2014/1/4 1:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/4 1:12
Group:
Registered Users
You get what you pay for and the "Ambulance Service" should remain with the Jersey City Medical Center. Putting a "price tag" on one's "life or death" comes from the mind not matured. Newly elected Mayor Fulop needs a lot of growing up. Like a child with a new toy, Fulop can't comprehend how it functions -- manual, battery, or electric -- so he tries it all until he gets it right. He could have saved much anguish if he read the instructions but that would be the intelligent way.

The members of the council need to cut the shirttail strings to Fulop and start thinking about what's right for our city and its people. Vote NO on this change.

VICKY DEE

JERSEY CITY

From The JJhttp://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... _vote_for_ambulances.html

Posted on: 2014/1/4 1:15

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hamiltonpkmom wrote:
I remember sitting down at a local coffee shop with couple of moms from Ward E with then Councilman Fulop two years ago and listening to him talk about the changes he would like to see in the old administration. He spoke about how there was no transparency in local government: because it generates no broad news coverage unlike New York City, Healy administration was able to pass things in his agenda because either the public was unaware or there is no check and balances with the media lacking scrutiny. I agreed, believed and voted for him in every election he ran in Jersey City since I moved here with my family in '06.

EMS service is an healthcare service that is vital necessity that hopefully not too many of us will ever need to use but must be top notch when we need it. With zero press releases from the mayor?s office or public outreach, this important issue is being decided on either Jan. 2nd or Jan. 15th, 2014.

Myself along with a few fellow concerned residents have done what we can to reach out to the Mayor?s office with questions that went unanswered thus far. We also tried to reach out to all the Councilmen, Councilwomen and Council-At-Large and a few have kindly responded to our concerns. With the New Year fast approaching, I hope there are transparency and check and balances in tJCMC Vs. CarePoint/McCabe EMS contract.

Agreed. I have e-mailed my councilwoman (Coleman), the councilwoman for the ward where I work (Osborne), and all the at-large folks. The only one who responded was Osborne - and I appreciate that. It infuriates me to no end that Coleman hasn't responded to any of my e-mails. I'd like to think that Fulop didn't sell us on something he is not. I am hopeful that authenticity that a lot of us saw in him when we voted for him is there and is real, but these days, I'm not too sure.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 19:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Where are you seeing the 2014 Council schedule? Looking for agenda.....

There seems to be a special meeting scheduled on Jan. 2nd, 2014 and no agenda is posted yet. It just states the agenda will be posted prior to meeting. Also, I don't believe there is agenda posted for 1/15/14 as of yet.

http://jerseycitynj.gov/agenda.aspx?id=1268

Posted on: 2013/12/30 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Where are you seeing the 2014 Council schedule? Looking for agenda.....

Posted on: 2013/12/30 15:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I remember sitting down at a local coffee shop with couple of moms from Ward E with then Councilman Fulop two years ago and listening to him talk about the changes he would like to see in the old administration. He spoke about how there was no transparency in local government: because it generates no broad news coverage unlike New York City, Healy administration was able to pass things in his agenda because either the public was unaware or there is no check and balances with the media lacking scrutiny. I agreed, believed and voted for him in every election he ran in Jersey City since I moved here with my family in '06.

EMS service is an healthcare service that is vital necessity that hopefully not too many of us will ever need to use but must be top notch when we need it. With zero press releases from the mayor?s office or public outreach, this important issue is being decided on either Jan. 2nd or Jan. 15th, 2014.

Myself along with a few fellow concerned residents have done what we can to reach out to the Mayor?s office with questions that went unanswered thus far. We also tried to reach out to all the Councilmen, Councilwomen and Council-At-Large and a few have kindly responded to our concerns. With the New Year fast approaching, I hope there are transparency and check and balances in tJCMC Vs. CarePoint/McCabe EMS contract.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
My wife and I took a free infant CPR class at JCMC last year and the instructor was an EMT in the JCMC unit. He was a great guy and very proud to be one of the fastest responding units in the nation and it comforted me that they perform like that. The stats are unreal... these guys are the best.
It bothers me that Fulop might just be trying to save a buck here, if in fact thats what's happening. Sometimes you get what you pay for and as far as I'm concerned these guys are worth the extra few bucks.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 3:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FunInWardF wrote:
Anyone get a sense of why the Fulop administration wants this change to begin with? Is it simply the novel of having an additional $2 mil in the city coffers...or is there a backstory that isn't getting reported?

Others in the thread have stated that McCabe donated money to Fulop's election campaign.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 3:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone get a sense of why the Fulop administration wants this change to begin with? Is it simply the novel of having an additional $2 mil in the city coffers...or is there a backstory that isn't getting reported?

Posted on: 2013/12/30 1:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/27 14:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We drafted a open letter to the Jersey City administration and sent it out today. We have concerns about the process undertaken by Jersey City (the ?City?) to change the City?s provider of Basic Life Support (?BLS?) Emergency Medical Services (?EMS?). We ask that you (i) provide greater transparency into the decision making process by answering the questions posed below and (ii) delay the council?s vote on the BLS contract until the public has been afforded time to understand the options the City faces.

Please read the letter in it's full content and urge the local council members to delay the vote until both the public and the council members are afforded time to option the city faces: http://civicparent.org/2013/12/26/an- ... support-bls-ems-contract/

We hope that the administration does not push the council members to rush to vote on Jan. 2nd at the council meeting and the agenda is addressed properly either on Jan. 15th, 2014 or later date.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for posting this. He pretty much voices the same concerns as the nurses.

Posted on: 2013/12/24 11:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/24 6:56

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username: