Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights Bar Retiring
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
If that's not really user1111's picture in their avatar, I have dibs on Sean Lowe for mine LOL

Posted on: 2013/12/30 20:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users
"And as far as the idiot is concerned he probably does not have any pride in the community he lives in..."

Not sure who you are commenting on? You obviously don't have a day job either since you always seem to be on this blog.

The bar is a dive, and it does not have a welcoming presence...never did.

What places will open up or occupy that space? Another deli, laundry, or worse?

The sandwich shop near Central & Hutton looks like it finally gave up too.

We need new...but we also need new blood.

All that being said... I like the Lincoln Inn...less noisy...smaller...and yes, the bar has its fill of drunks...but its friendlier and I don't think twice about going back.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:
This place is around the corner from me, and although affordable, and nearby, the loud music, really drunk crowds (frequented by firemen and cops)...and outright racist attitude (twice there I've seen near 'things' happen...and all they wanted was a drink). So, eh...Quote:

heights wrote:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _down_after_40_years.html
Jersey City bar in The Heights to close after 40 years
Are you new to the J.C./Nyc metropolitan area ? It's a bar like any other, life is what it is. You seem like a person from the outside looking in.

Grrrrr maybe this is how he/she sees it, I remember once I went to a block association meeting in my neighborhood and the Art gallery on Ocean was trying to get the police to do more patrols around Ocean so people felt safe enough to visit the gallery and some idiot said, "This is Ocean ave not downtown, Ocean ave has always been this way. All you outsiders should understand people have been congregating on Ocean for years" Thank GD they have now moved out and we got the patrols we were looking for.

This is not a good comparison the neighborhoods are entirely different. They do not appreciate culture as much in that part of Greenville. And as far as the idiot is concerned he probably does not have any pride in the community he lives in plus the majority there rent so there is no real investment. By the way is your avatar just some picture from the internet or is that you and a friend ? If it is real which of the two is commenting on this thread ?

Posted on: 2013/12/30 18:17
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe this is good news for one of the restaurants DTJC who currently have BYOB in place. I am sure the license will now go up for sale.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
This is a bummer. Good place to go for a cheap beer and play pool. I grew up on Sanford and used to hang here with my firefighter buddies and others.

Does anyone know if there are any buyers lined up?

Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:
This place is around the corner from me, and although affordable, and nearby, the loud music, really drunk crowds (frequented by firemen and cops)...and outright racist attitude (twice there I've seen near 'things' happen...and all they wanted was a drink). So, eh...Quote:

heights wrote:
Are you new to the J.C./Nyc metropolitan area ? It's a bar like any other, life is what it is. You seem like a person from the outside looking in.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:

heights wrote:

Grrrrr maybe this is how he/she sees it, I remember once I went to a block association meeting in my neighborhood and the Art gallery on Ocean was trying to get the police to do more patrols around Ocean so people felt safe enough to visit the gallery and some idiot said, "This is Ocean ave not downtown, Ocean ave has always been this way. All you outsiders should understand people have been congregating on Ocean for years" Thank GD they have now moved out and we got the patrols we were looking for.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The downside is these bloated drunks will probably resort to DWI to reach a different bar.

Posted on: 2013/12/30 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/30 14:39
Get on your bikes and ride !

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/30 14:36

Heights Bar Retiring
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group: