Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 32 33 34 (35) 36 37 38 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
You're linking the Daily Kos to support an argument, lol?

The Daily Kos piece does link you directly to the ARB report (warning - PDF). I've provided several links to articles that cover/analyze the Benghazi attack to provide food for thought. I'm open to hearing/reading other people's sources, but all I'm seeing from you is the same old conspiracy talking points.

Posted on: 2013/12/27 21:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
You're linking the Daily Kos to support an argument, lol?

Pebble, be honest-why do you think Congress hasn't been able to identify, let alone interview, dozens and dozens of US citizens who were attacked in Benghazi?

Why did Clinton and her staff continually push the video as the reason for the attack?

Why haven't we seen medical reports of how her mysterious 'concussion' happened when she was supposed to testify? Where was she? Why the news blackout? Why the secrecy?

Posted on: 2013/12/27 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dojan wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

I also think you're full of it when saying Obama hasn't reached across the aisle. He has. You need to remember that the other side of the aisle has an arm too that needs to reach across as well. Bush didn't do it. This Congress certainly hasn't.

Wake me up when the Republicans even try...

Whether Bush did it or not is irrelevant. And don't blame the Congress. Obama is the f**king President and he is supposed to lead.

Now I do *not* *think* you are full of it. You *ARE* full of it when you wanted to pull a Biden on me. I ain't no Paul Ryan. I'm not even a Republican, and whether you are spineless or brainless is none of my f___ing business. I'll keep bashing Obama here but will never bother to reply to your post. Feel free to have the last words.

And yet more evidence that if someone can't actually prove their point with evidence they kick scream and yell the loudest...

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
Yes a lot of rich people vote Democrat and Obama also won a lot of the affluent educated voting segment (people like myself and my friends) despite the meme/fiction that only poor or working class people voted for him because they are so-called "takers." What I was saying is that the GOP seems to be comprised largely of the rapacious rich (Sheldon Adelson, Koch Brothers who only think about money and not other things that impact society) and xenophobic working class Christian gun toting whites.

See this. http://www.cnbc.com/id/49726054

Not to mention a LOT of working/getting-by educated voters like myself, my family, and friends - not all of whom are completely comfortable with, or committed to, the liberal party line, but are dismayed by the Republican party's complete capitulation to Adelson, Koch et al, and their whole-sale selling out of the American middle class.

P.S. - I'm game for some face-to-face political discussion and dialogue, too. Keep me posted!

Looking at the unemployment numbers, the huge increase in people who have given up looking for work that aren't shown in the numbers, the vast increase in food stamps, the poverty numbers-contrast this with the stock market at record numbers, with the 'haves' 401Ks looking great-you'd think we have a Republican POTUS instead of President Obama. And feel free to toss in George Soros, the Hollywood elite, the liberal media, and the unions to the Democrat party's complete capitulation-not to mention the 'signature' Obamacare, which the nation's middle class HATES. Trust me, the middle class doesn't even know who the Koch brothers are-but they sure now how Obamacare is going to cost them a lot of dough.

There is no such thing as ?the liberal media.? However, I?ll agree with much of the rest.

The ?war on the middle class,? and I don?t even like that term, is not relegated to one party.

Posted on: 2013/12/27 21:26
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Politics is a Rorschach test. While some fear the prospect of the nanny state and liberalism and think the perceived racism, misogyny, xenophobia, homophobia of the GOP is merely incidental, others find it alienating and off-putting and don't want to be associated with it. I also can't decipher what the party stands for besides low taxes, small government, antiabortion, anti gay marriage, anti regulation and anti POC and big defense spending. Republicans are now hosting meetings on how to talk to women and minorities without offending. Even the choice of venue the Biergarten sucks. So can't imagine that many POC, gays or women are remotely interested in sitting down and listening to several slightly inebriated white guys and maybe some white women and an Alan West type from jclist pontificate and proselytize on the merits of the GOP. Have fun!!
http://www.gallup.com/poll/160373/dem ... blicans-mostly-white.aspx

Posted on: 2013/12/27 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
The investigation is continuing to pick up steam.

There's a clear track record demonstrating that Christie is a bully. Not presidential material by a longshot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/25/nyr ... 88E7F9B277A167FFD&gwt=pay

Nothing that Christie has, may, or thinks of doing will come within a hundred miles of making him less of a choice for POTUS than Mrs. Clintons exposure and responsibility for the 9/11 Benghazi attack.

A traffic jam? lol

I'm still waiting for a good link to how and why (former) Secretary Clinton should be compromised politically in any meaninful way about the attack on our site in Benghazi. While I haven't read the official Accountability Review Board findings in detail, it seems to be pretty well summarized by now (including this post from Daily Kos) http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10 ... ts-Everyone-Needs-To-Know
And while a traffic jam in no way compares to the death of American citizens, and an inability to step up and manage a fast-changing, dangerous enviroment like Libya may not bode well for a presidential contender - does that REALLY overshadow actively disruptive, vindictive behavior if indeed Christie is found to be guilty of that?

Posted on: 2013/12/27 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
Yes a lot of rich people vote Democrat and Obama also won a lot of the affluent educated voting segment (people like myself and my friends) despite the meme/fiction that only poor or working class people voted for him because they are so-called "takers." What I was saying is that the GOP seems to be comprised largely of the rapacious rich (Sheldon Adelson, Koch Brothers who only think about money and not other things that impact society) and xenophobic working class Christian gun toting whites.

Not to mention a LOT of working/getting-by educated voters like myself, my family, and friends - not all of whom are completely comfortable with, or committed to, the liberal party line, but are dismayed by the Republican party's complete capitulation to Adelson, Koch et al, and their whole-sale selling out of the American middle class.

P.S. - I'm game for some face-to-face political discussion and dialogue, too. Keep me posted!

Looking at the unemployment numbers, the huge increase in people who have given up looking for work that aren't shown in the numbers, the vast increase in food stamps, the poverty numbers-contrast this with the stock market at record numbers, with the 'haves' 401Ks looking great-you'd think we have a Republican POTUS instead of President Obama. And feel free to toss in George Soros, the Hollywood elite, the liberal media, and the unions to the Democrat party's complete capitulation-not to mention the 'signature' Obamacare, which the nation's middle class HATES. Trust me, the middle class doesn't even know who the Koch brothers are-but they sure now how Obamacare is going to cost them a lot of dough.

Posted on: 2013/12/27 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/27 20:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/11 21:52
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So, Pebble, you're a fan of bi-partisanship, reaching across the aisle to make common sense deals? I can only conclude you're a Governor Christie fan, who does just that! Remember, the best deals between parties tend to have both holding their nose over the final result. Do I think Christie is in favor of in-state tuition for illegal aliens? Nope. But he for sure wasn't going to give Sweeney the ability to fund free tuition money in the form of grants either for the illegal aliens.

Same thing on tenure reform. Christie didn't get everything he wanted, but the deal got done.

I wish our nation's chief executive would take a page from Christie's book in this regard.

There have been plenty of articles from the liberal's favorite newspaper, the New York Times, on how Obama not willing to do the things ordinary people do. Why is he so presumptuous? Is this the CHANGE people who voted for him had HOPED for?

Quote:
Christie didn't get everything he wanted, but the deal got done."

Exactly. If one truly reaches out, things get done.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 16:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

I also think you're full of it when saying Obama hasn't reached across the aisle. He has. You need to remember that the other side of the aisle has an arm too that needs to reach across as well. Bush didn't do it. This Congress certainly hasn't.

Whether Bush did it or not is irrelevant. And don't blame the Congress. Obama is the f**king President and he is supposed to lead.

Now I do *not* *think* you are full of it. You *ARE* full of it when you wanted to pull a Biden on me. I ain't no Paul Ryan. I'm not even a Republican, and whether you are spineless or brainless is none of my f___ing business. I'll keep bashing Obama here but will never bother to reply to your post. Feel free to have the last words.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:

There's a clear track record demonstrating that Christie is a bully. Not presidential material by a longshot.

Nothing that Christie has, may, or thinks of doing will come within a hundred miles of making him less of a choice for POTUS than Mrs. Clintons exposure and responsibility for the 9/11 Benghazi attack.

A traffic jam? lol

Posted on: 2013/12/24 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/24 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a believer that all politicians and public servants need to be psychologically tested before taking office - We have far too many sociopaths running society!

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Posted on: 2013/12/24 10:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
So, Pebble, you're a fan of bi-partisanship, reaching across the aisle to make common sense deals? I can only conclude you're a Governor Christie fan, who does just that! Remember, the best deals between parties tend to have both holding their nose over the final result. Do I think Christie is in favor of in-state tuition for illegal aliens? Nope. But he for sure wasn't going to give Sweeney the ability to fund free tuition money in the form of grants either for the illegal aliens.

Same thing on tenure reform. Christie didn't get everything he wanted, but the deal got done.

I wish our nation's chief executive would take a page from Christie's book in this regard.

I think it depends on the issue. I think Christie's "reaching across the aisle" wasn't that at all. I think he bullied his way over a week Senate. But whatever, Christie can never do any wrong in your book and Obama can never do right...

Sorry, kiddo, but my oft repeated comment about being disappointed in Christie in the way he's kid gloved the Port Authority so far turned out to be prescient-at least he manned up and canned the two knuckleheads behind cone-gate.

Which contrasts to Obama not firing ANYONE over the Obamacare runout.

With Democrats holding the NJ Legislative body Christie has to work with them. Luckily (and surprisingly) they've gotten some stuff right.

I'm just hoping Christie will use the Harry Reid route and bypass the Legislature (like the Senate did with the nuke option) and make judicial appointments over the January recess, since it's clear the Dems are holding up voting for the appointments. Hey, if it worked for Reid and Obama, you'd be ok with Christie doing the same, right? :) I figure if Obama can get his appointees in Christie should be able to do the same?

Posted on: 2013/12/23 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

I think it depends on the issue. I think Christie's "reaching across the aisle" wasn't that at all. I think he bullied his way over a week Senate. But whatever, Christie can never do any wrong in your book and Obama can never do right...

Posted on: 2013/12/23 19:43
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
I have to find the quote, but regarding the Ryan budget deal, a few Dems were quoted as saying (paraphrased) "we got this done because Obama was too busy to poke his head in."

Posted on: 2013/12/23 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/23 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dojan wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dojan wrote:
...This country has become so polarized with a President who refused to make small talks across the aisle...

I'm sorry but if you think this started with Obama, your understanding of history is about deep as a shot glass of water.

I do NOT think this started with Obama. However it's his JOB to work with the Republicans which he failed. Clinton reached out to the other side and he succeeded. In his impeachment, a number of Republican congressmen voted no. If it were Obama who got impeached, how many votes from the Republicans you think he would get? Zero. If you don't reach out, you don't get your job done. It's that simple. It is politics.

If anyone wants to attack my understanding of anything without first understanding what I said, I don't think it's worth my timing arguing with this person. Right now I don't think you are doing that, just to let you know.

Merry Christmas and f**k the "Happy Holidays" crap (I'm no Christian but I like the traditional holidays).

As an FYI, Hanukkah has existed before Christmas, which is just another borrowed pagan holiday. I may celebrate it, but Happy Holidays, I always felt, was more about incorporating New Years into "the holidays" given their proximity.

Posted on: 2013/12/23 12:46
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dojan wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dojan wrote:
...This country has become so polarized with a President who refused to make small talks across the aisle...

I'm sorry but if you think this started with Obama, your understanding of history is about deep as a shot glass of water.

I do NOT think this started with Obama. However it's his JOB to work with the Republicans which he failed. Clinton reached out to the other side and he succeeded. In his impeachment, a number of Republican congressmen voted no. If it were Obama who got impeached, how many votes from the Republicans you think he would get? Zero. If you don't reach out, you don't get your job done. It's that simple. It is politics.

If anyone wants to attack my understanding of anything without first understanding what I said, I don't think it's worth my timing arguing with this person. Right now I don't think you are doing that, just to let you know.

Merry Christmas and f**k the "Happy Holidays" crap (I'm no Christian but I like the traditional holidays).

The fish rots from the head. Obama has refused to work with the opposition, going back to his promise to televise the healthcare debate-then closing the doors to the Republicans. Remember who voted for his 'signature' legislation.

Christie, on the other hand, has worked across the aisle, most recently on allowing in state illegal aliens to get instate tuition for college-but with a common sense finality in NOT letting them get grant money towards their tuition.

It was very generous, considering that illegal aliens CAN'T GET JOBS without legal status, no?

Posted on: 2013/12/22 2:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

dojan wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/22 1:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/12/21 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dojan wrote:

Before Obama we had Bush. Before Bush there was Clinton. Before Clinton there was Bush (although, nobody much minded him). Before Bush there was Reagan and before Reagan there was Carter.

If you don't know how up in arms the opposition was to each of these presidents, you need to pick up a book. Bush II had 9/11 and a followed that with record approval ratings for standing on top of the rubble with a blowhorn. Fast forward in time he was a bloward on an air craft carrier with a sign that said "Mission Accomplished," which only later was meant to indicate being in one of the lower quadrenial of presidents.

The cries about Clinton being a ?divider? were so widely screamed that the Republicans went after him just to impeach him. They didn?t even care what they could find. What they tried to find, they couldn?t. In the end it turned out to be a stained dress and sex that did him in.

Ronnie Ray-guns created a huge schism. He attached unions and bought into economic ideas drawn up on napkins in a diner. He certainly had his positive impacts, but to say that the liberals had any love for him would be lying.

Carter? The sheer mention of his name will have Monroe frothing at the mouth. Get that far righty to say something positive about Carter and I?ll buy you a drink.

This nonsense goes back to the beginning of elections in this country. We fought a frigging Civil War and you are talking about Obama dividing a nation? Yeesh.

Posted on: 2013/12/21 0:08
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
That;s my downfall. I'm the happiest drinker you'll meet. I usually bring set amount of cash to prevent myself from buying round after round ha!

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
IN, but I'm not buying drinks for the 47%ers!

Posted on: 2013/12/20 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
IN, but I'm not buying drinks for the 47%ers!

Posted on: 2013/12/20 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Got 3 so far.

User1111?
Atsushi?
Monroe?

Br6dR wrote:
I'm in. It's fun seeimg people in person.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Is this still happening?

How about this, why don't all the politicos get together for drinks and debate this stuff in person, rather than anonymously behind a computer screen?

I think you'd find it to be a more constructive discussion, and could actually be fun.

I'd be happy to facilitate.

after the holidays, I'm game.

Posted on: 2013/12/20 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
I'm in. It's fun seeimg people in person.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Is this still happening?

How about this, why don't all the politicos get together for drinks and debate this stuff in person, rather than anonymously behind a computer screen?

I think you'd find it to be a more constructive discussion, and could actually be fun.

Posted on: 2013/12/20 3:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Well my goal isn't to convince anyone. It's to combine all intellectual viewpoints and arrive at common conclusions. Both are very difficult to achieve.

1Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Monroe save it for Zepp hall :)

See? I'm a uniter! Hahah

Not sure if a uniter and a centrist could convince the haters and the looney lefters though!

But Christie came through again today for the illegal aliens, although he was smart to deny them grant money.

I wonder how much grant money illegal immigrant Americans get for tuition in Mexico?

Posted on: 2013/12/20 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

See? I'm a uniter! Hahah

Not sure if a uniter and a centrist could convince the haters and the looney lefters though!

But Christie came through again today for the illegal aliens, although he was smart to deny them grant money.

I wonder how much grant money illegal immigrant Americans get for tuition in Mexico?

Posted on: 2013/12/20 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

See? I'm a uniter! Hahah

Posted on: 2013/12/20 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I wish for Christmas that atsushi would spend more time trying to unite the parties to solve problems instead of trying to put words in my mouth, in an insulting way, implying that I think black voters are unintelligent.

Which I don't. If asked I'd say they were well intentioned but misguided. And guess what?

Every day more and more citizens who voted him in are seeing that the emperor has no clothes, as Obama's 'signature' legacy hurts more and more Americans as they pay much more with less choice for their healthcare. Yup, what happened to 'keep your doctor and healthplan and the average family will save $2,500/year'.

Which was just voted the top lie of the year=four Pinocchio noses.

Posted on: 2013/12/20 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Is this still happening?

Posted on: 2013/12/19 23:11
Dos A Cero

« 1 ... 32 33 34 (35) 36 37 38 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!