Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 34 35 36 (37) 38 39 40 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Are you kidding? By what standard have African American's lives improved under Obama?

Care to share some facts to support your theory? (Like poverty levels, unemployment, food stamp participation).

And let me debunk your argument in advance

it's not Bush's fault, and there is no evidence that 'it would have been worse under a Republican'.

My theory is that black people are smart enough to determine which candidate would be better for them.

I didn't say that African Americans situation improved under Obama. Decades of systematic racial discrimination and downfall can't be just wiped out over night just because we have a black President for 5 years.

To argue that African Americans made a bad choice is one thing. But to say they are too stupid to make a decision for themselves is racist.

Perhaps you can enlighten me how African Americans would have been better off under Romny.

But how could possibly African Americans have come to such conclusion that Romny would be a better choice for them a year ago?

Remember 47% comment? He clearly said that it's not his job to worry about these people. A good portion of 47% is African Americans, yes?

First, it's insulting or ignorant to misspell Romney. I avoid calling our President, say, Nobama.

Second, circle back to your statement that blacks are better off under Obama, and would be worse under Romney.

I'll wait for proof of your statements before proceeding, of course.

Of course, you may want to check with the head of the NAACP for his, er, somewhat more involved interest in the subject.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2 ... people-worse-under-obama/

Sorry for misspelling. It was an honest mistake.

My point is that African Americans are smart enough to determine for themselves under which President they would be better off.

Their lives have not necessarily become better ONLY because Obama became the President, as you agree.

I believe their lives would have become worse under Romney, but I know your disagree.

Posted on: 2013/12/18 19:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/2 14:06
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
It is amazing how well the media programming works in cases like Monroe. Thinking and speaking exactly the party messaging wants you too. They push the Voter ID like some defenders of the democratic process. Voter ID fraud is not a significant problem like say absentee ballot fraud is (I would expect someone from Jersey City to know this well) yet they never talk about that because well their purpose is obvious. Campaign finance reform, the electoral college, "Winner takes all" voting methods, etc. are all much more threatening to our democracy but they don't fit into their stupid "you need a license to open a bank account" slogan.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Atshushi, asking voters to provide the same information they need to open a bank account, board an airplane, or get a drivers license is hardly onerous, except to those who want to support voting fraud.

Please read up on Jersey City mayor Frank Hague when you get a chance . . . lol.

And btw, just how easy is it to become a citizen in Japan if you're a foreigner and how easy is it to vote there? I'd love to know.

Posted on: 2013/12/18 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Atshushi, asking voters to provide the same information they need to open a bank account, board an airplane, or get a drivers license is hardly onerous, except to those who want to support voting fraud.

Please read up on Jersey City mayor Frank Hague when you get a chance . . . lol.

And btw, just how easy is it to become a citizen in Japan if you're a foreigner and how easy is it to vote there? I'd love to know.

First, you and I have different sets of "reliable sources", okay? So debating the facts, seems to me pointless. It doesn't get us anywhere. I know I cannot convince you. And you should by now know you can't convince me. We stand firmly on our territories and have to agree that we disagree on pretty much everything in politics.

For example, if I mention MSNBC or NPR or New York Times, you would scream loony left or media bias (although let me quote John Stuart here: "Facts tend to have a liberal bias").

If you say Fox News, I would say probably something even worse.

For example, my sources tell me that there is NO real voter fraud anywhere in the U.S. --only a few isolated cases where dead people or ex-con voted. Insignificant.

I know you disagree on this already, so whatever we are going to discuss next based this, we are going to disagree.

But I'll continue anyway.

So trying to fix this voter fraud problem is like trying to kill a mosquito with a machine gun. Much more damage than cure. It's destructive and against the spirit of democracy.

I do agree that asking for an ID itself has nothing wrong with. However, you have to realize that there are many people in poverty (overwhelming majority are African Americans) who just can't spend $10 on an ID. They don't have a transportation to get to the designated place to get an ID. They don't even have a birth certificate. And they can't take a day off from work to do that.

So if asking for an ID is indeed just to prevent voter fraud, the states must make it easy for them to get one--perhaps even making it available free for anyone who is eligible. But red states are not doing that. They are making it harder to get an ID, requiring more and more paper work.

That's because Republicans who are in control in these states know that African American voters tend to vote for DEM.

And if that's not bad enough, GOP is trying to eliminate early voting (see North Carolina). Again because African Americans tend to vote on Sunday (when they take a ride with people from church).

Based on these, I conclude and firmly believe that GOP is a racist party. They can't win African American votes because their policies are anti minorities (They just hate brown skinned people, like me). So they try to prevent them from voting.

If you are for voter ID laws and if you are not a racist, you should also be advocating the states to make it easier to get one because you want EVERYONE who is eligible to vote.

As for becoming a citizen in Japan, I do not have a direct knowledge. But I've heard that it's much more difficult to become a Japanese citizen than to become an American citizen. I only know one person (saw on TV) who eventually became a politician in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marutei_Tsurunen

You didn't ask this, but yes, I'm critical of Japan's anti-foreigner attitudes and policies.

Posted on: 2013/12/18 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Are you kidding? By what standard have African American's lives improved under Obama?

Care to share some facts to support your theory? (Like poverty levels, unemployment, food stamp participation).

it's not Bush's fault, and there is no evidence that 'it would have been worse under a Republican'.

My theory is that black people are smart enough to determine which candidate would be better for them.

I didn't say that African Americans situation improved under Obama. Decades of systematic racial discrimination and downfall can't be just wiped out over night just because we have a black President for 5 years.

To argue that African Americans made a bad choice is one thing. But to say they are too stupid to make a decision for themselves is racist.

Perhaps you can enlighten me how African Americans would have been better off under Romny.

But how could possibly African Americans have come to such conclusion that Romny would be a better choice for them a year ago?

Remember 47% comment? He clearly said that it's not his job to worry about these people. A good portion of 47% is African Americans, yes?

First, it's insulting or ignorant to misspell Romney. I avoid calling our President, say, Nobama.

Second, circle back to your statement that blacks are better off under Obama, and would be worse under Romney.

I'll wait for proof of your statements before proceeding, of course.

Of course, you may want to check with the head of the NAACP for his, er, somewhat more involved interest in the subject.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2 ... people-worse-under-obama/

Posted on: 2013/12/18 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/18 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/18 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/18 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
It's a shame this post has devolved into name-calling, posturing, and harrangues because these issues reflect on the character of potential presidential candidates. In my ideal world we would accept certain points and get back to basics:

1. Hillary Clinton has broad responsibility for what happended in Benghazi, but probably did not have enough critical, real time, information on what was happening on the ground to deal with it better. There is no conspiracy, but what does that mean about her management/leadership skills?

2. Chris Christie has latitude for PA appointments, and shares broad responsibility for day-to-day operations - but again, doesn't micro manage the PA. There is no conspiracy, but what does this mean about his management/leadership skills if staff at higher levels are making their own, bad, decisions?

3. Sure, a lot of African-americans voted for Obama - it's a natural - and historically in the US, to be expected - expression of the pride and aspriations of ANY group/ethnicity/etc. that make up the melting pot. My mom still talks about how proud she and her family were to vote for JFK - a fellow Catholic.

Posted on: 2013/12/18 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

All well and good, but if 99% of white voters voted for a white candidate running against a black candidate you'd be the first to cry 'RACIST!'.

* If Blacks had been the majority and had oppressed Whites, and if the country had always had black Presidents and for the first time in history, if there came a white President AND if 99% of white voters voted for a white candidate, that's not racism. But it didn't turn out that way.

So yes, if a white voter votes for a white candidate ONLY because he is white (or the other guy is black), he would be a racist.

Also assuming that black voters are too stupid to figure out which candidate is better for them, is racism. And people who endorse this idea are racists.

African Americans voted overwhelmingly for Obama because they know their lives are better under his presidency and would be worse under Romny's.

I would go one step further. In what possible way, would African Americans be better off under GOP policies?

GOP doesn't like brown skinned people (that includes me). Other wise, why would they try to restrict their voting rights? I hate GOP because they hate people like me.

Posted on: 2013/12/18 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Democrat Governor Cuomo says Christie is in the clear. No comment (as far as I've seen) by NJ Senators Menendez and Booker about the traffic jam. Wonder why? Maybe they don't want to be tied to a non-issue?

Other than the froth in the corners of mouths like Rachel Maddow and a few other partisan hacks (like double dipper Loretta Weinberg) and small time but deep pocketed West Virginia Senator, Rockefeller heir Jay(with a net worth approaching 100 million, he's a true 1%er) this non-scandal will be a non-starter.

Even the Ft Lee mayor says he doesn't believe Christie did it out of retribution . . .

Come to think of it, Rockefeller's decision not to run for re-election in '14 (he'd lose) means that the party of old, white, rich guys won't have a Rockefeller OR a Kennedy in the Senate for the first time in six decades. Which party was that again??

Posted on: 2013/12/18 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Peb, are you saying that if virtually all white voters (similar to virtually all black voters voting for Obama) wouldn't be called racists for doing so?

Of course, most here are also in denial about Christie's broad based voting support, among red and blue, white, black, and Latino, and men and women.

(Keynote-most on the looney left feel that when their own vote for Christie they're just being stupid or simple).

Posted on: 2013/12/18 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

As someone who truly believes GOP is a racist party (though I don't think Christie himself is a racist)

This, here is why you're a hateful idiot. You literally just contradicted yourself (emphasis on DICT).

I am happy and proud to be called that by a racist like yourself. Thank you!

Boy, do I wish we had this debate in person.

You still haven't answered to my earlier question. You said that African Americans voted for Obama only because he is black. That's a racist statement. I find that extremely offensive.

It implies that African Americans are too stupid to know under which president their lives would be better off. I was absolutely horrified by your statement (But I didn't call you a racist then until you started name calling).

If I had mis-interpreted your statement, I do apologize for that.

Please explain.

Why African Americans overwhelmingly voting for Obama is a bad thing or racist? It's in part fighting against racism.

Let's even concede that exactly as you suggested that they voted for Obama ONLY because he is black. What's wrong with that? They have lived under systematic racial discrimination for decades. They finally see a familiar face as the President. Just put yourself in their position.

But I re-state my opinion about that. I think that African Americans are PLENTY SMART to know under which president they would be better off.

If a Japanese American becomes the GOP presidential nominee, would I vote for him/her? Of course not. Because I know under DEM president, my life and lives of people I care about would be better off.

All well and good, but if 99% of white voters voted for a white candidate running against a black candidate you'd be the first to cry 'RACIST!'.

Are you ever able to argue a point instead of strawmen?

That question is rhetorical.

Posted on: 2013/12/18 0:26
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
That Monroe is one angry young man, "with his fist in the air and his head in the sand"

lol, I just love to point out when people are being hypocritical-it amuses me and provides grins and giggles.

Now to open a bottle of Prosecco to go with a slice of spinach/cheddar quiche!

Posted on: 2013/12/17 23:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone....anyone...anyone?

Posted on: 2013/12/17 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
That Monroe is one angry young man, "with his fist in the air and his head in the sand"

Posted on: 2013/12/17 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

As someone who truly believes GOP is a racist party (though I don't think Christie himself is a racist)

This, here is why you're a hateful idiot. You literally just contradicted yourself (emphasis on DICT).

You still haven't answered to my earlier question. You said that African Americans voted for Obama only because he is black. That's a racist statement. I find that extremely offensive.

It implies that African Americans are too stupid to know under which president their lives would be better off. I was absolutely horrified by your statement (But I didn't call you a racist then until you started name calling).

Please explain.

Why African Americans overwhelmingly voting for Obama is a bad thing or racist? It's in part fighting against racism.

Let's even concede that exactly as you suggested that they voted for Obama ONLY because he is black. What's wrong with that? They have lived under systematic racial discrimination for decades. They finally see a familiar face as the President. Just put yourself in their position.

But I re-state my opinion about that. I think that African Americans are PLENTY SMART to know under which president they would be better off.

If a Japanese American becomes the GOP presidential nominee, would I vote for him/her? Of course not. Because I know under DEM president, my life and lives of people I care about would be better off.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
If there's nothing to this, why did Christie's PA appointees resign?

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _closure_controversy.html

They resigned, like Martin Bashir 'resigned'. They were fired. And I'll repeat-Christie kicked them out for bad management. Over a minor traffic jam. As opposed to Mrs. Clinton and Obama, who haven't fired anyone over Benghazi and Obamacare twin disasters, in which four Americans were killed on the anniversary of 9/11 and a failed website that cost over 600 million dollars.

It's actually pretty astounding that neither Democrat has held ANYONE accountable, and Christie FIRES two of his personal appointees for screwing up.

Blah, blah, blah, spin, spin, spin.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Boy, do I wish we had this debate in person. I seriously doubt a bigot like yourself could be so brazen face to face.

Yeah, that would be cool.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/12/17 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

They resigned, like Martin Bashir 'resigned'. They were fired. And I'll repeat-Christie kicked them out for bad management. Over a minor traffic jam. As opposed to Mrs. Clinton and Obama, who haven't fired anyone over Benghazi and Obamacare twin disasters, in which four Americans were killed on the anniversary of 9/11 and a failed website that cost over 600 million dollars.

It's actually pretty astounding that neither Democrat has held ANYONE accountable, and Christie FIRES two of his personal appointees for screwing up.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Please explain.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

At the same time, it shouldn't be dominated by one party. So we need a great counter balance. The current GOP is NOT a good counter balance. They are just too anti-minority, anti-gay, anti-women, anti-science. GOP is a relic of the past.

This whole white washing (no pun intended) of the GOP needs to stop. It makes you and people like you sound woefully ignorant.

You take the stances of the most visible and stupid (Palin and her ilk) and apply it to the whole party.

Trust me, the Dems have quite their share of racist (Sharpton, etc.), pro-life/"anti women" (Jim Oberstar, Joe Donnelly, Steve Driehaus), anti-minority (Obama - don't really see many/any high ranking minorities in this cabinet do you? Robert Byrd), anti-science (Robert F Kennedy, California Dems who supported Prop 37), so don't play this stupid game.

NO, I will not stop. At every opportunity I get, I will continue to speak how racist GOP is. You do what you have to do to promote your agenda. It's your prerogative.

GOP is a racist party.

Atsushi, please provide us with some examples of the GOP's racism. I think you would be taken more seriously if you actually backed up your argument with some facts. It just sounds like you're ranting.

http://republicansareracists.com/

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/

Don't take my words for it.

Wow, those are some reality/sanity based sources. (er, no). Don't take my words for it, take some beyond looney left web pages words as fact, lol.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 22:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/12/17 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Posted on: 2013/12/17 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
All this Democratic circle jerk about the local lane closures only shows how they're scared to their pinky toes about Christie.

Four lanes diverted from local access is exactly what compared to four murdered Americans, on the anniversary of 9/11, under the watch of Christie's opponent in 2016-whose department was begged by the murdered Ambassador for help and was denied?

Which is the bigger scandal? A traffic jam or four dead Americans and dozens more injured? An alleged bridge lane coverup, or Benghazi victims being hidden from Congressional enquiries?

Christie, perhaps 'Four lanes closed? What difference does it make'

Mrs. Clinton, on record 'Four dead Americans? What difference does it make?'

If your entire argument is that Christie is allowed to be incredibly petty because people died in Benghazi then you, sir, are delusional.

The bigger question isn't about shutting down lanes. It isn't about causing massive gridlock in the streets.

The issue is about character. What does it say about the character of a man that would bring a city to a grinding halt of traffic congestion simply because a mayor wouldn't endorse him?

We're talking about the equivalent of punching someone in the face because they didn't say "good morning" back to you.

I don't know if Christie was behind the lane closures. I sincerely hope he wasn't.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 21:42
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

We need to be careful though. As suspicious as the circumstance is, there is no evidence that Christie had anything to do with it.

We have to wait and see.

As someone who truly believes GOP is a racist party (though I don't think Christie himself is a racist), I would love to see Christie take a fall on this. But that's a wishful thinking on my part.

Again, I do not believe Christie is going to survive the GOP primaries.

I'm also pretty sure sometime during his campaign, he is going to lose his temper (he has done so many times in the past), and/or his questionable practices in the past, which no one is talking about now, will come out and hurt his candidacy.

But I am looking forward to GOP primary debates, like Ted Cruz vs. Christie. Needless to say, Christie is a lot less evil than Cruz.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/12/17 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/17 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

If you think I'm worse than Fox News right winters, I'm fine with that judgement because I truly do hate GOP and I truly do think they are racist.

Said the bigot pig.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

At the same time, it shouldn't be dominated by one party. So we need a great counter balance. The current GOP is NOT a good counter balance. They are just too anti-minority, anti-gay, anti-women, anti-science. GOP is a relic of the past.

This whole white washing (no pun intended) of the GOP needs to stop. It makes you and people like you sound woefully ignorant.

You take the stances of the most visible and stupid (Palin and her ilk) and apply it to the whole party.

Trust me, the Dems have quite their share of racist (Sharpton, etc.), pro-life/"anti women" (Jim Oberstar, Joe Donnelly, Steve Driehaus), anti-minority (Obama - don't really see many/any high ranking minorities in this cabinet do you? Robert Byrd), anti-science (Robert F Kennedy, California Dems who supported Prop 37), so don't play this stupid game.

NO, I will not stop. At every opportunity I get, I will continue to speak how racist GOP is. You do what you have to do to promote your agenda. It's your prerogative.

GOP is a racist party.

Atsushi, please provide us with some examples of the GOP's racism. I think you would be taken more seriously if you actually backed up your argument with some facts. It just sounds like you're ranting.

http://republicansareracists.com/

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/

Don't take my words for it.

Those are both links from very biased sites. Do you have anything from an unbiased site that doesn't just support your misgivings about the GOP? I'm not supportive of either party, but you sound worse than the nut job right wingers on Fox News. Your language is full of hate, and it doesn't help your party's image. Since we're throwing links around, here's one to check out:

http://hnn.us/article/3554

I'm not defending the racist origin of DEM. DEM was once a racist party, I thought that I had already acknowledged that.

I consider Right Wing Watch "reliable" but the other one just came up with a single google search, so I can't vouch for its accuracy.

What do you consider unbiased site?

If you think I'm worse than Fox News right winters, I'm fine with that judgement because I truly do hate GOP and I truly do think they are racist.

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
There's merit in what Atsushi is saying and here's the history behind the schism when White Democrats defected and went Republican. And it's why Republicans are doing faux outreach to groups they've marginalized and woefully failing at it because they've never had to think of blacks, Hispanics, women or gays as equals.

http://www.thenation.com/article/1708 ... terview-southern-strategy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

http://gawker.com/5976825/house-repub ... e-talking-to-black-people

Posted on: 2013/12/17 19:50

« 1 ... 34 35 36 (37) 38 39 40 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!