Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Reserving a JITNEY?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/5 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rorihuela wrote:
To the best of my knowledge most are individual owned but work under a company like Venessa Inc.

Any idea how to reach them? Can't find a company with that exact name around here.

Posted on: 2013/12/13 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

And you will be a lot safer as well. Passing a school bus will get you 8 points on your DL whether you are the driver or not. So being on board a school bus will give you a buffer.

This is not at all accurate. Improperly passing a school bus will net you a 5-point penalty, not 8. But, the key thing is that the 5-point penalty is only levied when improperly passing a school bus loaded with kids heading to/from school, summer camp or school-related activities. A leased school bus ferrying passengers on non-school business is not covered by the same statutes or laws.

Posted on: 2013/12/12 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SilveryJessica wrote:
If all you need to do is transport people from A to B and it isn't an occasion where comfort or style is an issue, you can call just about any school bus company. They will be insured and are usually very reasonable. In Englewood where I worked at a theater, we occasionally needed to transport large numbers of performers places for residency activities or what have you, and there was a company just down the road from us we used a lot.

And you will be a lot safer as well. Passing a school bus will get you 8 points on your DL whether you are the driver or not. So being on board a school bus will give you a buffer.

Posted on: 2013/12/12 13:42
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 0:12
From Downtown JC/Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
If all you need to do is transport people from A to B and it isn't an occasion where comfort or style is an issue, you can call just about any school bus company. They will be insured and are usually very reasonable. In Englewood where I worked at a theater, we occasionally needed to transport large numbers of performers places for residency activities or what have you, and there was a company just down the road from us we used a lot.

Posted on: 2013/12/11 19:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/1 16:00
Group:
Registered Users
To the best of my knowledge most are individual owned but work under a company like Venessa Inc.
I here of people renting them out to go to the beach, Upstate or football games. Don't know of any price or numbers but some have ads on the rear w/ their contact info. Just make sure they are insured since I read last month that most are underinsured if something goes wrong. Why not call a limo company? Musch cleaner and safer in my opinion. There is one in Clifton off Rt. 3(across the Kolhs and CVS). Ride in style!!!

Posted on: 2013/12/11 2:52

Reserving a JITNEY?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/5 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
Hi guys, this may sound like an insane question but is it possible to reserve a jitney for an in-town trip? I thought it'd be an easy way to transport 20 people or so from one end of town to the other.

Posted on: 2013/12/10 18:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017