Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: One-day law enforcement operation yields 17 arrests, 150 vehicle summonses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Imagine if this "one-day" of law enforcement was carried out 365 days? This highlights that law enforcement could do more and be much better - JCPD is heading in the right direction, but the Director of Public Safety needs to push the officers more and teach them better law enforcement and time management skills to put ' a finger on crime in JC'

One day done successfully and 364 days needs improving!

+1

There are over 900 JCPD officers. In a typical month there around 700 arrests and 700 crimes.

http://www.njjcpd.org/sites/default/files/Sept2013.pdf

The numbers don't look good...respond to a crime, make an arrest, file the reports, job done for the month?

Posted on: 2013/12/10 7:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Imagine if this "one-day" of law enforcement was carried out 365 days? This highlights that law enforcement could do more and be much better - JCPD is heading in the right direction, but the Director of Public Safety needs to push the officers more and teach them better law enforcement and time management skills to put ' a finger on crime in JC'

One day done successfully and 364 days needs improving!

Posted on: 2013/12/9 19:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
Agree with user. It's off-base to say the arrests are meaningless. Even if they are in jail for 10 mins, it costs the suspects time and money (bail, court, processing, fine)....the point here is to deter future behavior.

Besides, you cannot claim it is better to do absolutely nothing...

Posted on: 2013/12/9 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwalkingman wrote:
I'd like to know how long the average arrested suspect remains in jail. These arrests are meaningless if they're only held in jail for a short period of time before being released, which I suspect to be the case for a significant number of them.

These arrest are very significant, especially where I live. Most who get arrest can not make bail or if they do make bail they can't make rent and they move.

My buddy owns a building on Van Nostrand and two of his dead beat tenants were arrested in the last sweep and moved out of the area when they could not make bail or rent. So this is a good thing.

Posted on: 2013/12/9 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like to know how long the average arrested suspect remains in jail. These arrests are meaningless if they're only held in jail for a short period of time before being released, which I suspect to be the case for a significant number of them.

Posted on: 2013/12/9 19:07

One-day law enforcement operation yields 17 arrests, 150 vehicle summonses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
One-day law enforcement operation yields 17 arrests, 150 vehicle summonses and other charges

By Felix Alarcon/The Jersey Journal
December 08, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Jersey City law enforcement officials working in a joint operation Friday arrested 17 people on a variety of charges - including narcotics offenses and nearly 150 motor vehicle summonses - officials said.

The sweep, which began at 2 p.m., consisted of 50 uniformed and 50 undercover officers patrolling areas known for disorderly groups and holiday shopping areas.

The operation included officials from the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, the Hudson County Sheriff's Office and the federal Drug Enforcement Agency, officials said.

"Our commanders have been working with the community to identify the problem locations and have been targeting these sites," said Mayor Steven M. Fulop. "The operation conducted Friday night led not only to a significant number of arrests, but also rendered important intelligence that will assist our officers in continuing to improve public safety for our residents."

As a result of the operation, police were able to obtain a warrant for a home known as a drug distribution site on Orient Avenue.

"The home was heavily fortified," officials said, adding "... suspects with known prior weapons offenses were believed to be inside." Officers employed a device to help with their entry and three people were arrested.

Police said they recovered two bricks of heroin earlier in the day that had been sold from the house.

"Even though the weather has changed, we are not relenting and will continue to apply pressure to those areas where crime has historically been a problem," said Fulop.

Fifty uniformed officers were deployed in the East, West, and South Districts to address disorderly groups, said Fulop.

"Despite the rain, all our officers maintained a high visibility in problem areas as well as focusing on shopping districts which are known targets during the holiday season," said Fulop.

In the summer the city conducted sweeps bringing in more than 200 people in problem areas.

"We want to thank all of the agencies who participated, and we want to especially recognize the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office for their continued allocation of resources and personnel," said Fulop.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... harges_in_the_span_o.html

Posted on: 2013/12/9 6:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017