Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Jayson Berg: Ted Cruz?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have no personal knowledge about his job, this could be fact, rumor, or totally untrue.

Be sure to read the thread in its entirety and know that this screwball never accepts responsibility for what is in black and white. All the children were coached and lied. You as an educator should be horrified. We have all seen his public displays at council meetings so that the allegations levied against him are not too hard to believe. God help the children or anyone for that matter if this person is elected or appointed to anything.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... 4954&keywords=Jayson+Burg

Posted on: 2013/10/13 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I have no personal knowledge about his job, this could be fact, rumor, or totally untrue.

Posted on: 2013/10/13 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Yes, Schundler has been gone but the public did not get back ten minutes, as a special request to speak before the council. Jayson Burg did not set the agenda, the council and administration did. If they want to go home early, then they should not place 12 second reading ordinances before the public. Some ordinances had ten or more speakers. The first two ordinances took over an hour at the last council meeting. Jayson Burg is an American citizen and a veteran who served our country. He earned the right to be protected by the First Amendment and speak before the city council.

You also forgot to mention that Jayson spent his last teaching years as a librarian because of charges leveled against him for demeaning small children in the classroom. A charge he denied saying that the children were coached to make these allegations. I guess his sense of humor was lost on the inferior humans he was forced to share a classroom with (even if they were grade schoolers).

Posted on: 2013/10/13 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I just want to make a correction, there two different places the public can speak, 1- the request for public speaking which is 5 minutes, 2-second reading ordinances, there is no time limit, which is based on state law.
You can speak on any subject during pubic speaking but you must stick to the subject on second reading ordinances.

Posted on: 2013/10/13 12:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Rorschach wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
A guy wearing a mask name Rorschach calling Jayson a lunatic, wow!

I commend you for defending your fellow lunatic Yvonne. Now that is done you can drone on about gay marriage.

What does she say about that?

Posted on: 2013/10/13 7:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

I commend you for defending your fellow lunatic Yvonne. Now that is done you can drone on about gay marriage.

Posted on: 2013/10/13 3:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/25 7:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The fact remains that [this individual] gets up there and...wastes everyones time AND money. This does not happen occasionally, this is EVERY damn council meeting. What's even sadder is that the day he actually says something no one will hear him cause they all will have tuned him out.

This point is well made.

We can all agree that public comments are a means to an end. They are a method by which a person might make a difference in the legislative process and improve our city. That's the purpose as I understand it.

We can further agree that it is wrong if a person is unfairly denied their right to make their opinion heard.

Earlier this year, I attended a council meeting because there was an ordinance on the agenda for 2nd Reading on which I had an opinion. I have 3 children under 5yrs old and a finite amount of time to put toward this stuff.

As it turned out, there were six or seven other items on the 2nd Reading agenda before mine and certain persons got up to speak on each and every one of them: sometimes offering reasoned opinions, sometimes soliciting the Council members for information that was easily available by other means, sometimes repeating the same opinion during each of their 5min speaking periods.

Two hours after the start of the meeting, my time ran out and I had to go home, right before the ordinance in which I was interested came up to bat.

If folks spoke only when issues rose to a certain level of their interest - rather than every single ordinance no matter their level of interest - I would have had my chance to speak. My comments might have added value to the discussion and they might have affected the outcome of the legislation.

So to be clear, every individual absolutely should have their right to speak for the full 5 minutes on each 2nd Reading ordinance, but it might be the wrong thing to do if it denies another individual their right to speak.

Which is to say that while others shouldn't plan their public speaking schedule around my diaper-changing schedule, it might be more courteous of them to hold their comments until an issue arises that is of genuine interest and/or for which pertinent information is not otherwise available.

Representative democracy works best if conditions allow for a substantive discussion of the issues with a diversity of opinions represented.

Posted on: 2013/10/13 2:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/10/13 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Jayson Berg is another in the long line of lunatics who like to address the City Council. Thankfully, unlike Ted Cruz, he has no ability to affect events.

Posted on: 2013/10/13 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, Schundler has been gone but the public did not get back ten minutes, as a special request to speak before the council. Jayson Burg did not set the agenda, the council and administration did. If they want to go home early, then they should not place 12 second reading ordinances before the public. Some ordinances had ten or more speakers. The first two ordinances took over an hour at the last council meeting. Jayson Burg is an American citizen and a veteran who served our country. He earned the right to be protected by the First Amendment and speak before the city council.

Posted on: 2013/10/13 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Don't try to deflect by a myriad of taxi drivers babbling at one meeting. The fact remains that Jayson gets up there and in a sad pathetic attempt to look more intelligent and funnier than anyone else in the room wastes everyones time AND money. This does not happen occasionally, this is EVERY damn council meeting. What's even sadder is that the day he actually says something no one will hear him cause they all will have tuned him out.

PS - Schundler has been gone for YEARS. Move on.

Posted on: 2013/10/12 23:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Mondays, before the council meetings are reserved only for the council, the public cannot speak, unless they are invited which is rare. However, the regular council meetings are for the public. Since the public pays those dollars, they have that constitutional right to speak under the First Amendment. The real problem is- there can be over 100 items on an agenda, especially resolutions. The public can only speak on second reading ordinances and are limited to 5 minutes for the "Public Request for Hearing." In the past, they could request ten minutes, but the Schundler administration cut that out. And on top of that, city council meetings usually move around the agenda and spend over an hour sometimes giving out awards so their pictures can be in the newspapers. They should stick to the agenda and put reasonable second reading ordinances on the agenda. This past council meeting there was 12 second reading ordinances and many people spoke on the taxi problem.

Posted on: 2013/10/12 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
That's insane. It's like saying the reason we have illness because there are hospitals. People need to show some restraint. There are certain folks who just can't help themselves and feel the need to get up and opine at every opportunity, regardless of whether or not they understand the issue they are addressing. The audience and the council tune them out after a while because they become nuisances.

What needs to change is that the clerk and council president need to keep speakers on topic, enforce the time limit and end the new practice of "question time". There is an abundance of information that is published on the city's website prior to the meetings - if someone has an informed opinion on an issue and wishes to express it, by all means - that's what public hearings are for. But to go up and ask an endless series of questions for which the answers are available in advance via the website is a waste of everyone's time.

I swear, if for some reason they stopped having council meetings for six months, there would be a few people who might not make it. It seems as though council meetings are the only place they can go to have their voice heard at least once every two weeks. Sad.

Posted on: 2013/10/12 14:36

Jayson Berg: Ted Cruz?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
On page 2 - Jersey City Reporter- Jayson Berg: Jersey City's own Ted Cruz? After making the 7th or 8th trip up to the microphone, Donnelly yelled, "Jayson, your are horrendous. You are worse than Ted Cruz filibustering the Senate." The problem is not Jayson, the problem is there are too many items on the agenda. The council meetings are for the public, if you don't want the public to speak, then reduce the items on the agenda.

Posted on: 2013/10/12 13:53

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017