Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Parking in Hamilton Park...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
by in large, residents that live in buildings (especially downtown) that have garages are prohibited from getting a street parking permit. Old buildings may be grandfathered out of this. If you wonder about a specific building, you could call the parking authority and ask if they are subject to this rule (and if not, why not?). This mechanism is used to prevent people from opting for free street parking when they have a garage at their disposal.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 13:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 0:12
From Downtown JC/Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
It's the same here in Harsimus Cove. I bought here in '99. I never had a problem finding a spot, ever. Now, no matter what day or time it is, it is virtually impossible. I think part of the specific reason over here is the construction at 223 First and 8 Erie, but even without those projects, I believe that any neighborhood within walking distance of a train is overrun with commuters who park and walk to the PATH. I walk my dogs a number of times a day and I have taken careful note of cars which seem to be owned by locals vs those which seem to be carpetbaggers. There are plenty of those.

I have been looking into this issue in order to make a case against issuing permits to non-residents. Right now, they are practically free, relatively speaking, and the convenience far outweighs the few hundred dollars it costs. If they were painfully priced, I think it would help. I also don't know where the parking fees go, but I don't see them benefiting my neighborhood. Quality of life over here is markedly worse than it was back in the early '00s, and in the six-7 years I have been gone, it has deteriorated to a shocking degree.

I love Jersey City, but as is often discussed on here, it has almost become a victim of its own success. The lack of long-term strategy for growth is impacting the residents on a daily basis now.

Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Not your imagination. Parking continues to get worse. When I bought my house in 2002 less than half my street had cars parked on it. Now I have to circle the block several times before finding a space.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 12:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
You can also consider resident only parking for that area. I think the cost is $300 a year not (sure though) where only the residents of the homes on a block can have legal access to park on that street. Maybe even lined parking would help.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 11:48
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
As you know the rest of the Heights is toying with the idea of zone parking perhaps those in the vicinity of HP should consider?special" zone # for their neighborhood. The reason J.C. does not have uniform zone parking is because of the different sections and transportation areas. By having different zone numbers, it prevents one neighborhood from parking in another neighborhood due to its proximity to a transportation hub. I would as a neighborhood petition your ward council member along with your councilpersons at-large for a new zone number to help reduce the number of vehicles that have swelled in your area.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 11:38
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/18 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
This is one of the reasons I now have monthly parking at the Newport Mall. Parking is not only a hassle but due to parking on the street my last car had quite a few dents from being hit by other cars. If you're a Hamilton Park resident it only costs $100 a month for parking at the mall. My only regret is not having done this sooner.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 11:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
In Hamilton Park there are several reasons. While the new developments on Hamilton Park and 9th and Erie have "deeded" parking many of those residents chose not to pay the additional monthly for the parking. Also, a few more of the brownstone residents are purchasing cars. When I bought my house I did not have a car nor did any of my tenants. Now all three of us have cars.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 11:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
ditto VVP area. Not sure what the cause is, some speculate that more Dixon Mills residents have cars now and a percentage would rather street park free than pay a few bucks to use their lot...

Posted on: 2013/9/30 11:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
Not your imagination. Parking continues to get worse. When I bought my house in 2002 less than half my street had cars parked on it. Now I have to circle the block several times before finding a space.

Posted on: 2013/9/30 11:02

Parking in Hamilton Park...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/24 0:33
Group:
Registered Users
...am I imagining it - OR - has finding a parking space in and around Hamilton Park been absolutely impossible these past 2 weeks?!

Posted on: 2013/9/30 5:01

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017