Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »

Re: Gay marriage advocates lobby to override Christie's veto
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
To others:
I am not a cafeteria Catholic, I do not pick and choose what the Church says, I believe it is guided by the Holy Spirit. For those who believe differently, that is between you and God. I am talking about my right under the First Amendment, which everyone on this forum ignores, to practice my religion without being sued. That is all I care about. I will not throw mud or attack people who believe in gay marriage. That is not my agenda. I feel sorry for those who resort to those things. And when I present my ideas I do not hide behind phony names, I have the courage to use my real name. That is a gift from my faith, to be honest in the things I believe. And I will never, never, attack someone family's member.

Posted on: 2013/9/18 0:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/10 0:51
Group:
Registered Users
I'm gay.
I'm a devout Catholic.
And my girlfriend and I dream of having our wedding in a Catholic church.

Our inspiration: the many activist feminist nuns who are at odds with the church hierarchy. Ever hear of liberation theology?

Being Catholic is more than cherry picking scripture for your convenience. And it is a lot more than blind obedience to a power structure that runs interference for pedophiles.

This situation, like many antiquated ideas and practices will be transformed.

Deal with it , Yvonne!

Posted on: 2013/9/17 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
...or what the Protestants in the US said about the emigrating Irish and Italians. It doesn't change, does it?

Posted on: 2013/9/17 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
There is a blur of moral, ethical, legal and religious duty - If someone is unable to deal strictly on the legal obligations, then it might be time to rethink your job - Its the legal aspect that is most important .... remembering we are all different with different views and values!

Posted on: 2013/9/17 23:32
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
[quote]
Yvonne wrote:
It also reminds me of a comment made by the late John Paul 11, he said these beautiful churches in Italy, will one day be Mosques, because the Muslims in Italy are having 7 children while the Italians are having one. Think about it, the people who want to destroy the USA are having seven children while we destroy our own.[/quote

1. He was probably paraphrasing some poor schmuck of an Native American Chief who was talking about how Sweat Lodges would be turned into Saunas by the Christians.
2. Could you please correct Mathew to Matthew (and lite rail to light rail (lite is for yogurt)).
3. If you're related to Charles Balcer, you might advise him to take some of those blasphemous images off his Facebook Page - O(not)MG!

Posted on: 2013/9/17 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
...a comment made by the late John Paul 11, he said these beautiful churches in Italy, will one day be Mosques, because the Muslims in Italy are having 7 children while the Italians are having one.

You're sounding like Forza Nuova?s campaign literature.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It also reminds me of a comment made by the late John Paul 11, he said these beautiful churches in Italy, will one day be Mosques, because the Muslims in Italy are having 7 children while the Italians are having one. Think about it, the people who want to destroy the USA are having seven children while we destroy our own.

Muslims in Italy are plotting to out-breed Italian Catholics, takeover Italian churches, and destroy the USA? Really?Somewhat warped, bigoted and materialistic for a "spiritual" leader. Or is this just how you interpreted his words?

Posted on: 2013/9/17 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
?We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them.?
? George Orwell, 1984
The problem is I am not drinking the "Kool-Aid," I will continue to put my faith first. The only reason activists on this subject do not want to public to decide, they are afraid of the public. They are afraid of another California.

Imagine if southern states had voted on slavery.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne: The last thing I want interfering with my healthcare is religion. Are you familiar with the procedure of symphysiotomy? That's where a laboring mother's pelvis is broken during labor. It was common in Ireland into the 20th century because the Catholic church promoted it. Thousands of women died or were left permanently disabled because the church wanted to make sure these women could continue childbearing. It was not a sound medical procedure. [http://symphysiotomyireland.com/the-story/]. This is just one example why religion should be completely separate from the state. Do what you want to your own body (or in your own marriage) but leave other people out of it.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Is this the former Soviet Union? The first thing they did - remove religion, we are close to that now, only worship not exercise of religion, then they allowed abortion. Because abortion has been around for a long time, the now Russian government, no more Soviet Union, are encouraging people to make babies. They are now raffling off prizes when children are born. It also reminds me of a comment made by the late John Paul 11, he said these beautiful churches in Italy, will one day be Mosques, because the Muslims in Italy are having 7 children while the Italians are having one. Think about it, the people who want to destroy the USA are having seven children while we destroy our own.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
? George Orwell, 1984
The problem is I am not drinking the "Kool-Aid," I will continue to put my faith first. The only reason activists on this subject do not want to public to decide, they are afraid of the public. They are afraid of another California.

Yes, from the religion that puts intentially missing mass on Sunday on the same level of sinning as committing murder.

Dear Jesus,

Please save us from your followers.

Amen.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Gays will be married one day in the Garden state which always tries to emulate the Empire state and not much you can do about it... stfu is my advice.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/9/17 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
When voting rights were given to African-Americans in the 1960's it did not diminished the rights of the white majority, they still have the right to vote. My right to practice my religion will be diminished. I have taught Catholic religion for 28 years, so I more the rules better than most on this forum. I cannot enable a sin in any form. To bake a cake for a same sex wedding is telling Jesus, He was only pretending when He said in Mathews Gospel, a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife and the two will be one flesh. This is the will of the Father according to Jesus, so I don't take seriously, the comments from this forum on religion. You are basically picking and choosing who should have rights.

How about baking a cake for a felon? Or a serial rapist? Or a travel agent booking a flight so a man can have an extramarital affair? I feel sorry for your boss....

Posted on: 2013/9/17 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"Your right to swing your arms stops at the other man's nose." attriubted to Oliver Wendell Holmes.

By all means, put your faith first. Just don't make others do it.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
? George Orwell, 1984

Posted on: 2013/9/17 14:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
... My right to practice my religion will be diminished...

I think you are confusing the right to practice your religion for yourself, with your insistence on exercising your prejudices on others. Let folks deal with their supposed sins, you deal with yours.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In fact, just like voting rights, same sex marriage has absolutely no impact on the still majority hetosexual marriage. My marriage was not impacted in any way when the guys next door got married, except perhaps in creating an even more stable neighborhood. Neither voting nor marriage is a zero sum game. There are enough ballots and marriages for all.

Sending girls to school violates the religious beliefs of some people too.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
When voting rights were given to African-Americans in the 1960's it did not diminished the rights of the white majority, they still have the right to vote. My right to practice my religion will be diminished. I have taught Catholic religion for 28 years, so I more the rules better than most on this forum. I cannot enable a sin in any form. To bake a cake for a same sex wedding is telling Jesus, He was only pretending when He said in Mathews Gospel, a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife and the two will be one flesh. This is the will of the Father according to Jesus, so I don't take seriously, the comments from this forum on religion. You are basically picking and choosing who should have rights.

And so are you.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/9/17 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
To Vigilante-What about my basic right to exercise my religion without being sued? Why should you decide who should have rights? If someone wants a same sex wedding, I don't want to bake the cake, rent the hall or supply the flowers. It is a sin in my religion. I want the right to say no without being sued. The mentality here is - Let's throw the Christians to the lions! I thought the USA was above that. Besides, our country offer asylum to people that is seeking persecution for religious freedom, which sounds very funny now.

Ignorance can easily hide behind religion. If you follow the BIBLE, please, please, please follow ALL OF IT. If you menstruate, don't see your husband for 5 days, or whatever that part is, LOL, I don't know, but I do know if you're going to follow the book, go BY EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK. Don't pick and choose. Then see how easy it is to have prejudice to just gay people. It will be hard to leave the house!

Love is love. I sincerely and with all my heart hope your children turn out gay. Then you'll appreciate all you want for them is the same as straight children. For them to be healthy, happy and love someone, have the same rights as everybody, get the same benefits, be able to see their loved one in the hospital, not be discriminated against, not be exposed to bigotry or ignorance, be able to exercise their rights overall, go to church, etc., etc.

Are you African American? If so, are you going to forget your history? I'm sure hypocrite's don't go to heaven either.

Those who hide behind religion and fear they won't get in to heaven because they "sinned"? I've got news for you, the world is flat too. Please don't respond. I won't take anything you say to heart. Not one single word. I had to edit this so much, my anger and frustration had me spell a sh*t load wrong. Sigh.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 11:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/17 3:02
From JC waterfront
Group:
Registered Users
Seriously doesn't the country have bigger issues. Let people live their lives. Ones lifestyle should be no ones concern. Good ppl are good ppl- The world needs Peace and Love!

Posted on: 2013/9/17 11:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
To Vigilante-What about my basic right to exercise my religion without being sued? Why should you decide who should have rights? If someone wants a same sex wedding, I don't want to bake the cake, rent the hall or supply the flowers. It is a sin in my religion. I want the right to say no without being sued. The mentality here is - Let's throw the Christians to the lions! I thought the USA was above that. Besides, our country offer asylum to people that is seeking persecution for religious freedom, which sounds very funny now.

Some religions/cultures allow men to marry child brides but guess what? In this country civil rights trump certain "religious freedoms". If you or your business discriminate against people based on their race, religion or sexual preference then you are in violation of the law. Civil rights take precedent over wacky religious beliefs, Thank God.

Actually I don't think Yvonne's view is representative of Catholics. Most Catholics and Christians believe in "hate the sin, not the sinner". Most Christians have no trouble attending weddings of other denominations. Why should "same-sex" weddings be any different?

I think Yvonne should introspect, have a chat with her priest in confessional, and perhaps discuss what sin is being committed.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 4:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Some religions/cultures allow men to marry child brides but guess what? In this country civil rights trump certain "religious freedoms". If you or your business discriminate against people based on their race, religion or sexual preference then you are in violation of the law. Civil rights take precedent over wacky religious beliefs, Thank God.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 4:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Where do you draw the line? You won't directly answer me because you have no other choice to say yes to my question. You believe Jehovah Witnesses who are physicians can deny their patients blood transfusions!

You have to say "yes I do" or you can only say, "I only believe in religious freedom for christians." I know you want to only say the latter but PC'ness forces you to say the former.

So go ahead yvonne, pick your poison or look like the biggest fool and just ignore the question

That's a straw man fallacy right there.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Where do you draw the line? You won't directly answer me because you have no other choice to say yes to my question. You believe Jehovah Witnesses who are physicians can deny their patients blood transfusions!

You have to say "yes I do" or you can only say, "I only believe in religious freedom for christians." I know you want to only say the latter but PC'ness forces you to say the former.

So go ahead yvonne, pick your poison or look like the biggest fool and just ignore the question

Posted on: 2013/9/17 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/9/17 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
The church has destroyed many indigenous cultures starting with Europe and later on in Africa, Americas and Asia. That is all fine, while gay marriage is a sin? Idiots.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 2:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Basic Civil Rights should never be voted on. Believe it or not, the "majority" isn't always right.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Vindi throws up an internet 'philosophy' blogger, yet ignores the Bible and many thousands of years of society as a source I suppose. Carry on!

umm what I quoted was something called logic...the person did not refer to religion..

respond to the argument and not the messenger..

Posted on: 2013/9/17 1:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Vindi throws up an internet 'philosophy' blogger, yet ignores the Bible and many thousands of years of society as a source I suppose. Carry on!

Posted on: 2013/9/17 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Lovely - neck deep in logical fallacy:

logical fallacy

Please print and reference before posting any further.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I find it amazing that the 2nd amendment is always defended yet the first amendment which says, there should be no state religion, and you have the right to exercise your religion are empty words on this blog. I guess the founding fathers who put the words Creator in the Constitution, should have combined the first and second amendments together, so gun people would jump into the act. I do think gun advocates are somewhat extreme, but heaven forbid if someone touches their 2nd amendment. Our country will step on religion but cannot do back ground checks on gun buyers, this is strange.

Posted on: 2013/9/17 1:41

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017