Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Pecoraro's Brick Oven bakery, Newark Ave
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Pecoraro's is the best, but if you're going on the weekend, get there before noon.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 0:38

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/29 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
They do close early, but really don't have a time they necessarily open either based on experience. Have a few friends from Delaware that love their stuff so will stop by on their way out of town. Timing wasn't going to allow for it on one of their visits and we were walking by Pecararo on the way back to my place from NYC at about 3:30am. We noticed the screen door cracked. The front room was dark, but the radio was on and their was as light in the back. I called and the guy answered, came up front and they got to buy some of what was being made for the day.

Quote:

iciromekim wrote:
I went a few Sundays ago to get bread for bruschetta but they close at 2 pm! Was surprised but not really at the same time. I went to Choc o Pain instead for bread, it was good but still want to try Pecararo. I will try the se salt on it.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 0:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/14 15:07
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I went a few Sundays ago to get bread for bruschetta but they close at 2 pm! Was surprised but not really at the same time. I went to Choc o Pain instead for bread, it was good but still want to try Pecararo. I will try the se salt on it.

Posted on: 2013/8/26 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
This place is fantastic -- but get there early it sells out quick!

It is on Newark Ave -- between Monmouth & Brunswick!

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/26 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Bruschetta can be bread with just about anything on it-I call this version 'caprese' bruschetta. Another favorite is with a schmear of mayo mixed with homemade pesto, topped with a slice of breasola and a squeeze of lemon.

Hoboken Farms is terrific, but expensive. Corrado's had some fresh mozzarella last week at $4.99, and it was really good. I guess when it comes down to it they all use similar curd to make their own. Even the Polly O in water is a good product!

Posted on: 2013/8/26 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
What a treasure, and inexpensive too! Rode over yesterday and picked up a round loaf, a long Italian loaf, and a bag of breadcrumbs-$5.25! I made bruschetta with backyard tomatoes, diced mozzarella, basil, and olive oil/sea salt with the long loaf sliced on the bias for lunch, then BLT's with the round loaf (which they sliced for me) for dinner.

I didn't know bruschetta had mutz on it. Hey custom it anyway you like just save some for me. By the way the Hoboken Farms vendor has great Mozzarella, smooth, creamy, tender, and fresh. I got it Saturday morning at the Van Vorst farmer's market. Best I ever had, I'm addicated !

Posted on: 2013/8/26 14:59
Get on your bikes and ride !

Pecoraro's Brick Oven bakery, Newark Ave
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
What a treasure, and inexpensive too! Rode over yesterday and picked up a round loaf, a long Italian loaf, and a bag of breadcrumbs-$5.25! I made bruschetta with backyard tomatoes, diced mozzarella, basil, and olive oil/sea salt with the long loaf sliced on the bias for lunch, then BLT's with the round loaf (which they sliced for me) for dinner.

Posted on: 2013/8/26 14:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017