Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Police arrest two people in Jersey City's Bayside Park after getting complaints from residents
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Police: 2 Jersey City men arrested after admitting to smoking marijuana 'roach'
y Anthony J. Machcinski/The Jersey Journal
A pair of Jersey City men were arrested after they admitted that they had just finished smoking a small marijuana cigarette, police said.

Gregory Blackwell and Shaliek Shivers, both 41 and of Jersey City, were charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance with the intent to use, police reports state.

Throughout August, police received complaints from the Bayside Park Block Association that large groups were congregating in the park drinking and selling drugs, reports said.

At 1:30 p.m. Monday, police approached the park at 1 Richard St. and saw Blackwell and Shivers smoking a small marijuana cigarette, reports state. When police asked the men about what they saw, Blackwell said they had just finished smoking a small "roach" they found in the park, police said. When asked if they had anything else, the man said "all we have on us is our works," and handed over hypodermic needles, police said.

Both men were arrested and issued summonses, reports state.

Keep up the good work Bayside.

Posted on: 2013/8/27 16:37

Re: Police arrest two people in Jersey City's Bayside Park after getting complaints from residents
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 18:01
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
@LoKo--right, keep calling it in to 201-547-5477. The word is getting out that Bayside park is not the place for illegal activities. I am sure most all the parents of the kids that play there every day like the improvement.

For the rest of you, take the HBLR out to Richard St. Its a beautiful park with two tennis courts that get little use, a water park, and 8 basketball hoops

Posted on: 2013/8/24 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Yea we just need to keep calling it in if we see something or JCPD gon think everythings ok if there's nothing being reported.

Posted on: 2013/8/24 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

LoKo498 wrote:
And this is all they could come up with... 2 dead beat arrests!!!
On any other day, they coulda of swept out the whole park.
I'm sure the local residents weren't talking about them 2.
Geez, can't wait for the next "sweep".

Much more than two I posted a few and some did not make the newspaper. I think JCPD is doing an excellent job. So far the total is 6 arrest within a two week period @ Bayside thanks to the residents, Fulop, and the JCPD who has been behind us 100%. I barley see any Bayonne trash walking up Ocean ave anymore. Thank you JCPD!

Posted on: 2013/8/24 11:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
And this is all they could come up with... 2 dead beat arrests!!!
On any other day, they coulda of swept out the whole park.
I'm sure the local residents weren't talking about them 2.
Geez, can't wait for the next "sweep".

Posted on: 2013/8/24 3:32

Police arrest two people in Jersey City's Bayside Park after getting complaints from residents
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City police made two arrests in Bayside Park while conducting surveillance today due to complaints of narcotics use, prostitution and large disorderly groups in the area, officials said.

At 10:24 a.m. police charged Marvin James, 48, of Jersey City, with possession of heroin and charged Drema Baker, 35, of Jersey City, with possession of hypodermic needles in the Greenville park, a police report said.

Officers saw James and Baker walking in the park when James took what appeared to be two bags of heroin out of his pocket and Baker said ?C?mon, let?s hurry up and do this (blank) in the park,? the report says.

Police said when they approached the pair Baker dropped the two bags of suspected heroin and Drema said ?Please, all I have is a couple of needles,? the report says.

Police said they found Drema and Baker also had warrants for their arrest out of Jersey City Municipal Court and Hudson County Superior Court, the report says.

Posted on: 2013/8/23 20:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017