Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: JC police officer doesn't even know pedestrian law
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
I've never been to 2nd st bakery, but have been to Carmines (west side, for those that don't know) on Mallory, and you can pretty much see the same scene here.. It's not just limited to JCPD, you have JCFD and other city employees double parking and whatnot for a sandwich.

Quote:

HippieShowgirl wrote:
This makes me giggle. 'Cause if you REALLY want to see a parade of patrol cars and other city vehicles roll through a stop sign -- hang out at the corner of Brunswick and 2nd Street any given weekday at lunch time ... as they hit 2nd Street bakery. All basic traffic laws apparently do not apply when jockeying for a delicious sandwich. ;)

Well now you have two places to go to for lunch takeout. By the way did you pick up anything for yourself ?

Posted on: 2013/8/22 14:27
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bradleybeachbrawl wrote:
Quote:

yourdogisbored wrote:
I'm thoroughly entertained, but also a bit disturbed if bbb is in fact a JC police officer. Although, he is doing a bang up job of illustrating for everyone the exact attitude that earns the JCPD its stellar reputation in the first place.

What reputation would that be? That we aren't the yokel locals from whatever backwater town you came from who are going to sit back and take whatever shit some keyboard commando who sits in a box all day throws at us? Born and bred here so here's a little throw back " reputation" for you. Go #OOPS# yourself. We ain't fucking waiters in some douchebag uppity restaurant.
No go back to the cornfield.

I doubt very much we have a JCPD officer online - The language and explicit suggestion could only come from a parking officer at best, but most likely a security guard that was unsuccessful with his entry exam to join the JCPD.
I know a few senior NYPD cops and none use colorful language or resort to gutter talk to explress themselves

Posted on: 2013/8/22 7:30
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/21 20:12
Group:
Registered Users
Aaaand...there it is.

Quote:

bradleybeachbrawl wrote:
Quote:

yourdogisbored wrote:
I'm thoroughly entertained, but also a bit disturbed if bbb is in fact a JC police officer. Although, he is doing a bang up job of illustrating for everyone the exact attitude that earns the JCPD its stellar reputation in the first place.

What reputation would that be? That we aren't the yokel locals from whatever backwater town you came from who are going to sit back and take whatever shit some keyboard commando who sits in a box all day throws at us? Born and bred here so here's a little throw back " reputation" for you. Go #OOPS# yourself. We ain't fucking waiters in some douchebag uppity restaurant.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 5:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
the drivers in DTJC, for the most part, ignore crosswalks with signs (either because they don't know the rule, or don't care).

Ding ding!! The drivers in JC, even if they're inclined to follow traffic signals, don't have a clue what they mean. Maybe 1 in 5 know what to do at a multiway stop or a flashing signal. Similar percentages either ignore stop signs altogether or stop at every freaking intersection. So even expecting them to parse the nuance between YIELD and STOP for pedestrians is hopeless.

do they even give the written portion of the drivers test any more?

Posted on: 2013/8/22 3:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HippieShowgirl wrote:
Quote:

bustjc wrote:
If you want to get into some serious arguments with people. Try crossing and enforcing your right of way on Monmouth between Newark Ave to 6th Street.

You could train as a stunt devil avoiding cars there. I am not talking about how Hoboken people cross the street (they think they have the right of way like 10 feet from the curb there). You can be in the middle of the street crossing and they will honk and scream at you.

Brunswick between Newark and Columbus is the same -- people are almost to Columbus to get to the Turnpike -- and they floor it down to the light. Insanity.

Erie Street. the entire length.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
If Fulop wants to change the culture of the JCPD, I suggest the creation of the Civilian Complaint Review Board

Posted on: 2013/8/22 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
I wasn't implying JCPD has to answer to me. All I'm saying is that instead of being a complete jerkoff to random citizens who pay your salary, maybe some of these cops patrolling nicer areas could lighten up a bit.

A lot of the JCPD I know are old school Hudson County personalities. That crap is as outdated as their poster boy Healy. I went to HS with a bunch of these clowns and I don't speak with that heavy, unintelligible, Sopranos style dialect like these guys do.

Like I said, right or wrong the current perception and reputation of the JCPD is very much earned. As stated before they're not all bad, but they've got quite the uphill battle to change that reputation. A change which is very much welcomed by JC residents.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 2:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not buying into the 'we pay your salary' notion of service argument, however as a PUBLIC servant in any field, those employees needs to be transparent, accountable. ethical, perform their duties as professional as possible and do everything and anything to maintain the public trust bestowed on them. They are not answerable to Joe Citizen, but to the letter of the law and any policies or procedures they have to follow.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 2:12
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/24 13:02
Group:
Registered Users
So when I'm paying 18k plus on two properties whose salary am I paying?
You're going to now present yourself as an authority on the changes taking place in the JCPD? Please forgive me and carry on as your view is obviously much clearer than my front row seat .
You have no idea how much I and a whole bunch of other cops want this. Nothing is going to happen to me. I don't want anything and I'm adept enough to work effectively in any neighborhood in the city. When I hear things like " these are our streets and we aren't going to stop until they know we own the street" or " I want an Army of cops in the
street by fall." I get even more motivated.
There are a few people who aren't too happy but #OOPS# them let them quit if they don't like it.
Test coming up by the way....come on out and make mcgravy pay even more salaries.

Posted on: 2013/8/22 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I'm born, raised and a lifetime resident of JC myself and I strongly agree with the fact that many JC residents have a rather low opinion of the JCPD. there are many reasons this reputation exists, wrong or right, and your attitude is essentially the embodiment of what most people dislike about the JCPD.

Keep something in mind BBB, WE PAY YOUR SALARY.

That's a fact often neglected by most JC policemen when they act the way they do.

But JC residents, by and large, know that Fulop and his team mean business with regards to cleaning up the garbage and legacy Healy garbage that infects departments like the JCPD.

Change, it is a comin....

Posted on: 2013/8/22 0:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

yourdogisbored wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/21 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
the drivers in DTJC, for the most part, ignore crosswalks with signs (either because they don't know the rule, or don't care).

Ding ding!! The drivers in JC, even if they're inclined to follow traffic signals, don't have a clue what they mean. Maybe 1 in 5 know what to do at a multiway stop or a flashing signal. Similar percentages either ignore stop signs altogether or stop at every freaking intersection. So even expecting them to parse the nuance between YIELD and STOP for pedestrians is hopeless.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 23:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 18:00
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bustjc wrote:
If you want to get into some serious arguments with people. Try crossing and enforcing your right of way on Monmouth between Newark Ave to 6th Street.

You could train as a stunt devil avoiding cars there. I am not talking about how Hoboken people cross the street (they think they have the right of way like 10 feet from the curb there). You can be in the middle of the street crossing and they will honk and scream at you.

Brunswick between Newark and Columbus is the same -- people are almost to Columbus to get to the Turnpike -- and they floor it down to the light. Insanity.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 23:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/23 0:39
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/21 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The beauty of red light cameras and other forms of camera detection on our roads is that they don't discriminate. If cameras were to be installed and cops cars are being caught, then those images should be forwarded to the Public Safety Director to process ... but are they!

Posted on: 2013/8/21 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
Quote:

bradleybeachbrawl wrote:
What do you do just wander the streets all day looking for stuff to complain about? From Sparrow Hill to Marion public employees are under the ever watchful eye of the sepecat. Why not get a job or a hobby? Clean yourself up and answer a personal ad for companionship, read a book, throw yourself into a raging sea, wake up tomorrow and promise yourself that this is the day you stop being a pathetic cretin, just go away.

For an officer, you certainly have some free time on your hands.. I bet you are posting from your job working "detail"...

I don't get what your problem is. In a free society anyone and everyone is free to criticize what they see wrong. All you have done is attack anyone that questions wrongdoings by an officer or officers. If anyone that needs to go away is you, come back when you start enforcing front window tints on cars with FOP plates, pretty sure you'll catch that same car talking on the cell and blowing stop signs and red lights.

those FOP cars are pretty easy to find. just look for the red curb.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 21:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/5 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

yourdogisbored wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/21 20:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/21 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Is anyone else entertained by this pissing match?

Comic gold, Jerry!

Posted on: 2013/8/21 20:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It always struck me as bizzare to see the homeless at JSQ texting away. Now I know what happens when a bag lady arms herself with an iphone.
Were you dumpster dining at Carmines?

Posted on: 2013/8/21 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bradleybeachbrawl wrote:
What do you do just wander the streets all day looking for stuff to complain about? From Sparrow Hill to Marion public employees are under the ever watchful eye of the sepecat. Why not get a job or a hobby? Clean yourself up and answer a personal ad for companionship, read a book, throw yourself into a raging sea, wake up tomorrow and promise yourself that this is the day you stop being a pathetic cretin, just go away.

For an officer, you certainly have some free time on your hands.. I bet you are posting from your job working "detail"...

I don't get what your problem is. In a free society anyone and everyone is free to criticize what they see wrong. All you have done is attack anyone that questions wrongdoings by an officer or officers. If anyone that needs to go away is you, come back when you start enforcing front window tints on cars with FOP plates, pretty sure you'll catch that same car talking on the cell and blowing stop signs and red lights.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 20:10

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/21 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I've never been to 2nd st bakery, but have been to Carmines (west side, for those that don't know) on Mallory, and you can pretty much see the same scene here.. It's not just limited to JCPD, you have JCFD and other city employees double parking and whatnot for a sandwich.

Quote:

HippieShowgirl wrote:
This makes me giggle. 'Cause if you REALLY want to see a parade of patrol cars and other city vehicles roll through a stop sign -- hang out at the corner of Brunswick and 2nd Street any given weekday at lunch time ... as they hit 2nd Street bakery. All basic traffic laws apparently do not apply when jockeying for a delicious sandwich. ;)

Posted on: 2013/8/21 19:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I don't know. He did say he was going to talk to the officer and that pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks. I guess I was just so impressed that the Lieutenant called me that I didn't really question him much further.
I rarely have problems with police officers. Most time I see them on foot patrol they are very friendly and helpful. I always smile and say hello to them.
I also have to add that I have the upmost respect for Councilwoman Candice Osborne and Mayor Fulop. Their level of responsiveness and handling of the situation was very admirable.
Quote:

ripple wrote:
I'm interested in a more detailed account of this call aside from "helpful and supportive". Did the Lieutenant admit that the officer was flat wrong?

Quote:

arcy wrote:
There was no sign there. Just a crosswalk. We need signs like those in Jersey City though.

The Lieutenant just called me. He was very helpful and supportive.

Thanks for all your responses.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 19:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Thank you for recognizing that. We appreciate the support.
Quote:

jwave wrote:
I was pleased to see a JCPD patrol car yield for pesestrians crossing at 8th St and West Hamilton last night at dusk. The officer driving patiently waited to make a righthand turn from 8th onto West Hamilton while two families crossed there, one followed by the other. That struck me as courteous and professional.

Not that i disbelieve the OP for a moment.

We should call out the good and the bad.

Absolutely - Maybe a thread that highlights the good deeds of our police .... I have no doubt the vast majority of police we have in JC are a bunch of 'good' guys and gals.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 19:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You're right. There are good apples in the JCPD barrel. The officer who humored me when I dropped off those suspected dog deterrents that turned out to realtor signs, for example. He was friendly, genuine and professional. Even followed with a pleasant phone call the next day. I left the precinct thinking wow, he was actually a pleasure to deal with. I had fully expected to be mocked when I went in there. So, thank you Officer Gary Griffin!

Quote:

jwave wrote:
I was pleased to see a JCPD patrol car yield for pesestrians crossing at 8th St and West Hamilton last night at dusk. The officer driving patiently waited to make a righthand turn from 8th onto West Hamilton while two families crossed there, one followed by the other. That struck me as courteous and professional.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 12:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 18:00
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/21 11:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jwave wrote:

Absolutely - Maybe a thread that highlights the good deeds of our police .... I have no doubt the vast majority of police we have in JC are a bunch of 'good' guys and gals.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 8:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/7 18:41
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/21 8:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe an audit of this officers tickets should take place - It would unfair if Joe Citizen copped a ticket and paid, that was not lawful !
His credibility would be shot if someone questioned another issue of law and he's in the stand giving evidence only to be undermind by his incorrect interpretation of crosswalk / pedestrian law.

Posted on: 2013/8/21 7:42

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017