Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Boy hit by car at Hamilton Park
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/5 20:09
From Fifth Street
Group:
Registered Users
A stop sign on 8th at Jersey Ave could prevent accidents like this. For drivers approaching the park on Jersey Ave, the instinct is to look right, then turn left quickly because anyone approaching from the right on 8th does not have to stop.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 11:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

colleen wrote:
Not a parking issue. Driver fail. Jersey City style is to power thru turn, looking only east down 8th for someone speeding even faster than you, ignoring anything left/west. Same same with traffic south on McWilliams, drivers roll thru looking left up 8th only.

That would be easy to solve by making it a 3-way stop.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 11:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Because of tight parking, people are parking closer to intersections, obstructing a clear view, especially those SUV's which are incredibly unnecessary. I have regularly noticed cars parking very close to the corner at the east, south corner of 8th and Jersey as well as many of the other local intersections. I'm not suggesting that parking caused the problem in this instance, but it certainly heightens the possibility of other similar incidents.

This is like a reflex to you, isn't it? The car was standing at a stop signal, preparing to turn left, - in order for it to be attributed to an obstruction by a parked car, it should have been parked not just way on the crosswalk, but double-parked too.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 11:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:
Parenting fail. I would never let a six year old cross the street without holding my hand.

How do you know she wasn't holding his hand?

In the past I have walked to the middle of the crosswalk while my kids stand on the corner to make sure any cars are stopped and waved my kids through on that corner.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 6:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
Because of tight parking, people are parking closer to intersections, obstructing a clear view, especially those SUV's which are incredibly unnecessary. I have regularly noticed cars parking very close to the corner at the east, south corner of 8th and Jersey as well as many of the other local intersections. I'm not suggesting that parking caused the problem in this instance, but it certainly heightens the possibility of other similar incidents.

THIS is a huge problem. I witnessed two accidents near the Hamilton park area living there just 2 years. And in one of them, I was almost hit and the woman directly next to me did get hit. This parking issue was the cause in both cases.

It's extremely dangerous for drivers and pedestrians. I don't care if there is a shortage of parking spaces. I have a car too. People can pay to park in garages if they can't find a spot. Safety comes first. They absolutely need to move parking back even more from the corners.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 5:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Not a parking issue. Driver fail. Jersey City style is to power thru turn, looking only east down 8th for someone speeding even faster than you, ignoring anything left/west. Same same with traffic south on McWilliams, drivers roll thru looking left up 8th only.
Stop. look. Listen. Drivers in this town Suck Ass.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 4:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/19 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Parenting fail. I would never let a six year old cross the street without holding my hand.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 3:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/5 17:07
Group:
Registered Users
That crosswalk is a fucking nightmare.

When I lived there I was almost hit 3 times in a one year period.

FACT: People don't look left when turning there.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
the woman driving who hit the child screamed out. it looked like she came from 8th St. the child when taken in the ambulance had movement in his feet, but was taken in a full stretcher with his head/neck immobilised. my daughter thought he looked closer to 10 years old. we did not see anyone accompanying the child, not nearby nor in the ambulance.

fortunately there was a fire truck coming west on 8th st. and on the scene almost immediately.

Posted on: 2013/8/19 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Fail to giveway at a cross-walk?

Posted on: 2013/8/18 23:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ey_city.html#incart_river

By The Jersey Journal
on August 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM, updated August 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM

A 6-year-old Jersey City boy was struck by a car as he was crossing 8th Street at Jersey Avenue with his mother yesterday around noon, according to a police report.

The boy was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center complaining of pain in his rib area, the reports says.

The driver, who was heading north on Jersey Avenue, told police she stopped at a stop sign at the corner of Jersey Avenue and 8th Street and when she pulled off to make a left onto 8th Street, she struck the boy who she did not see.

The mother told police she was crossing in the crosswalk with her son right outside Hamilton Park when the car struck the child, according to the report.

The boy's condition could not be immediately updated. There is no indication on the police report the driver was issued any summonses.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 23:09

Boy hit by car at Hamilton Park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/23 19:32
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
On Saturday around noon, I saw a 6 year old boy laying on the street after being hit by car outside Hamilton park (8th and jersey). The boy was conscious. Maybe broken bones .
We need safer streets for pedestrians. I suggest raised crosswalks or closing the streets around Hamilton park to vehicular traffic . I urge you to support safe streets by contacting our local government.

Posted on: 2013/8/18 22:43

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017