Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cop causing havoc on the Blvd
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yahoo wrote:
Spooked some drivers? Shouldn't have been driving so fast and they wouldn't have been spooked. Consciousness of guilt?
heights wrote:
A few years back I've seen a cop on Rt. 440 near the Bayonne border half kneeling down on one knee aiming a radar gun as if he was going to shoot someone. It spooked some drivers making them practicaly loose control of their senses. As a matter of fact this was written in the opinion section of the JJ. Haven't seen this practice since then.
[/quote]
This affected all drivers whether they were speeding or not it was the stance of the cop aiming the radar "gun". If no one was speeding the cop still had to aim the gun to gauge the speed of oncoming drivers. It was the way the cop aimed it.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 14:00
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Spooked some drivers? Shouldn't have been driving so fast and they wouldn't have been spooked. Consciousness of guilt?
heights wrote:
A few years back I've seen a cop on Rt. 440 near the Bayonne border half kneeling down on one knee aiming a radar gun as if he was going to shoot someone. It spooked some drivers making them practicaly loose control of their senses. As a matter of fact this was written in the opinion section of the JJ. Haven't seen this practice since then. [/quote]

Posted on: 2013/8/13 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
A few years back I've seen a cop on Rt. 440 near the Bayonne border half kneeling down on one knee aiming a radar gun as if he was going to shoot someone. It spooked some drivers making them practicaly loose control of their senses. As a matter of fact this was written in the opinion section of the JJ. Haven't seen this practice since then.

Posted on: 2013/8/13 11:08
Get on your bikes and ride !

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/24 13:02
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Of course, Sepecat has seen the cop, and you're just using your imagination.

ask sepecat if she's seen him around or did he get the hint to find a new spot? I hope it's the latter.

Posted on: 2013/8/12 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Of course, Sepecat has seen the cop, and you're just using your imagination.

Posted on: 2013/8/12 22:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Simple math: Cop doing 25 mph and stopping for red lights cant catch speeder doing 50 mph who is disregarding red lights. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that while he is going after the traffic violator he observes due caution and circumspection. While you assume that he is on a power trip.

sepecat wrote:
A cop on blvd doing traffic stops is on a power trip... I don't care about the traffic stops, but I care about how he does it. He guns his engine, runs red light (no lights and sirens) to catch whoever he caught. Then there's the peeling out u-turn..

Whoever this cop is should be respectable of the laws he's trying to enforce.

[/quote]

Posted on: 2013/8/12 19:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/12 3:28
Group:
Registered Users
Would you like some cheese with that whine??? Did he write you summonse?? ....Let the cop do his job!! Some people drive like they made up their own rule book!!!Some folks can not deal with the way the police have to do their job at times. Im sure its not pretty and we can all monday morning quarterback on how it should have been done... But guess what... im not a COP! I dont do their job. I f he screws up then he will have to take his lumps... I hope there to 10 more police cars on the Blvd doing that work. Deny it if you want but police presence or just the thought of police presence deters crime, traffic violations and supports the quality of life.... Im all for it.

Posted on: 2013/8/10 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
A cop on blvd doing traffic stops is on a power trip... I don't care about the traffic stops, but I care about how he does it. He guns his engine, runs red light (no lights and sirens) to catch whoever he caught. Then there's the peeling out u-turn..

Maybe the cops line of sight and peripheral vision into the intersection and oncoming traffic was much better then your view. I find it a bit hard to believe a cop would not make a calculated risk assessment of a situation when in pursuit - many pursuits do get voluntarily terminated if public safety is a concern.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 0:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
The first time I noticed this cop was two Saturdays ago. I for the most part didn't care, but today in front of me he went right through the red light and if someone was coming up the hill on spruce they wouldn't be aware of him and can certainly cause a serious accident....

IF you are friends with the cop, then you should tell him to slow down.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 0:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone think of a more efficient method of catching a speeding car? I would love to know what qualifies sepecat as a police procedure/tactics critic? Is she a vehicle dynamics accident reconstruction expert?
I'd like to know what she does that allows her to sit at home on a Thursday afternoon at 1:15 with nothing better to do than complain about stuff.
I'm sure the cop who has been out in the street for more than 20 years will be awed by your observation that something could go horribly wrong at any second.
I left him a voicemail to check JCList and move further up the Boulevard.
Thank you for informing the general public that the police are enforcing the traffic laws in the stretch of road. Genius.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 23:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Its unfair to second guess the situation with the 'eyewitness' information provided.

1. We know cops do get special driving training
2. Did the cop witness a known wanted felon behind the wheel or the car was noted as stolen?
3. Was it the start of the pursuit where the cop was in pursuit mode - focused on the vehicle and making a mental note of the driver and car to call it through to dispatch for help if required, focused on the flow of traffic and looking for the best time to enter the traffic without hitting anyone?

If the cop did anything wrong it was maybe the sequence of making the pursuit - Maybe the lights and siren should be first when they take off, but when you have your eyes and mind fixed on a driver doing the wrong thing, one can see the mistake.

If the cop does cause an accident without light and sirens on, the cop will be at fault.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 23:44
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
What better way to teach citizens that reckless driving is wrong than by reckless driving yourself?

I mean really, is the cop that afraid the guy's going to make a run for the border?

Posted on: 2013/8/8 23:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
So I'm not the only one who thinks he is reckless...

Like I said I have no problems with traffic enforcement, but the way this particular cop goes about it is reckless.. Often than not he's gunning his car and in and out to catch up. This isn't the turnpike or parkway. It's a residential street and all it takes is a simple mistake form another motorist or this officer for the something to go wrong.

The way the traffic light is setup, whoever he is going after will probably be at Red light before reaching 139.

Quote:

bradleybeachbrawl wrote:
Probably parked in front of a van or SUV all the time so he can use radar on cars passing by maybe?
Maybe just maybe this sort of ambush tactic works quite well and when a car goes by at usually between 40 and 50 MPH he uses that big V8 engine to play catch up?
What if the light at Spruce is red when the one at Rte. 139 is green and someone who is speeding will be long gone while the cop sits at the red light on Spruce?
Does he really recklessly run the light or does he always make certain it's safe to go through? As for not putting the lights why not close the gap between himself and who he is after before using the lights?
Maybe that U-turn was to go after a car in the other direction?
As far as the power trip goes maybe he just takes pride in his job?
I know exactly who you're talking about and I'll advise him to find a new spot so you're not offended.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 23:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Probably parked in front of a van or SUV all the time so he can use radar on cars passing by maybe?
Maybe just maybe this sort of ambush tactic works quite well and when a car goes by at usually between 40 and 50 MPH he uses that big V8 engine to play catch up?
What if the light at Spruce is red when the one at Rte. 139 is green and someone who is speeding will be long gone while the cop sits at the red light on Spruce?
Does he really recklessly run the light or does he always make certain it's safe to go through? As for not putting the lights why not close the gap between himself and who he is after before using the lights?
Maybe that U-turn was to go after a car in the other direction?
As far as the power trip goes maybe he just takes pride in his job?
I know exactly who you're talking about and I'll advise him to find a new spot so you're not offended.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Cop should use his head when navigating our streets but definitely support him rounding up the bad drivers.

This. It has to be a balance as to how its done. You should definitely call your District's office about this. Just make sure you tell them how much you like seeing the enforcement but that you think perhaps the present officer is putting other drivers in danger by driving a bit too recklessly.

I live on JFK blvd. near SPU, near where the fatality happened in April, I am ALL FOR more enforcement on this road. Its long overdue.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
So running a red light without lights and siren is fine with you as long as there is a good reason behind it?

Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
So when a cop breaks driving laws it causes other drives to adhere to driving laws?

It does when he does what is necessary to catch the lawbreakers and issue summonses.

Actually, yes. How do you know what the reasoning is? Oh right, you don't. I suppose by your logic, police shouldn't carry guns, because bad people carry guns and the police shouldn't be able to do anything the bad guys do.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
So running a red light without lights and siren is fine with you as long as there is a good reason behind it?

Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
So when a cop breaks driving laws it causes other drives to adhere to driving laws?

It does when he does what is necessary to catch the lawbreakers and issue summonses.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Posted on: 2013/8/8 20:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/17 15:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Take a video and post it.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Cop should use his head when navigating our streets but definitely support him rounding up the bad drivers.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
I have not seen the policeman in question but I'm still offering this dissenting opinion in favor of any cop doing anything to enforce traffic laws in this town. Arm them with flamethrowers if it helps, I want to see tickets issued to bad Jersey City drivers regardless of the form it takes. Any argument that the cop in question was driving badly can never outweigh, in my opinion, the very low level of traffic law compliance practiced by the majority of motorists in this town.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I have not seen the policeman in question but I'm still offering this dissenting opinion in favor of any cop doing anything to enforce traffic laws in this town. Arm them with flamethrowers if it helps, I want to see tickets issued to bad Jersey City drivers regardless of the form it takes. Any argument that the cop in question was driving badly can never outweigh, in my opinion, the very low level of traffic law compliance practiced by the majority of motorists in this town.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Can you get his plate # and call in a complaint?

Posted on: 2013/8/8 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I have only seen him on the stretch of road I live on. Blvd between State Highway and Carlton. Before making this post this cop was going up and down Kennedy. Recently, there's an increased enforcement on this stretch.

Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Can you be specific as to what part of JFK Blvd. this is happening around? If this is in Ward B, and parts of Greenville, you can call Lt. Voutsas, the new West District Command's community relations officer. Tell him what's going on. I've found him to be pretty helpful.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Can you be specific as to what part of JFK Blvd. this is happening around? If this is in Ward B, and parts of Greenville, you can call Lt. Voutsas, the new West District Command's community relations officer. Tell him what's going on. I've found him to be pretty helpful.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 18:30

Cop causing havoc on the Blvd
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/8 17:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017