Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Eye On Politics: One-On-One With Jersey City’s New Mayor – Steve Fulop
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/29 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

richieveal wrote:
Staten Island?!? I was from there, and if we want to be compared to SI then were heading in the wrong direction.

I was thinking the same thing. Very odd.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 16:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Staten Island?!? I was from there, and if we want to be compared to SI then were heading in the wrong direction.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Personally, JC should be marketed as a Brooklyn or Staten Island alternative and that's all. Keep it simple keep it real.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 14:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
How would Fulop make Jersey City a destination instead of just something drivers pass through on their way into or out of the Holland Tunnel?

That's a very good question. Fulop's answer:

Quote:
?I think that we are going to need to change how people in New York view Jersey City and people around the state. It has really changed into this arts and culture hub actually and there?s a lot of young families and we have an improving school system,? Fulop said. ?But people don?t realize that. So, part of my job is to focus on the branding of the city and to really market the city as a great place to move your business, as a great place to raise your family, and a great place that one can live for a long, long time.?

Yes, arts and culture. But is the JC arts and culture scene strong enough to get tourists in NYC to cross the Hudson for a day? Is it just a matter of marketing what's here? How many artists and musicians live here but exhibit and perform in NYC or elsewhere, but not here? Tough questions.

Mana Contemporary thinks they can do it, and maybe they can. But I'm not sure they'll be doing it with Jersey City artists.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 14:28

Eye On Politics: One-On-One With Jersey City’s New Mayor – Steve Fulop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (CBSNewYork) - In Jersey City, the new mayor ? Steve Fulop ? can usually be found hard at work behind his desk well before 8 a.m.

That?s where WCBS 880?s Steve Scott found him Monday for the Eye on Politics segment.

?We?ve been there three weeks now. We?re getting in at 7 a.m. We?re leaving probably close to 11 p.m.,? Fulop told Scott. ?A lot of young people that we?ve hired here and a lot of energy, but a lot of work to do. It?s been a tough three weeks getting things settled.?

Read more

Posted on: 2013/7/23 12:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017