Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Two people critically injured in motorcycle crash near Marin Boulevard Light Rail Station
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
There's actually a section on the mayors website that allows you to report specifics like this. There's a specific section for potholes/rough roads too. If enough people submit, it will move up on the priority list.

Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
I have no patience for motorcyclists who think they can act like Evil Knievel on the road but I have driven down that street 4-5 times in the past month and they is a HUGE depression and then a large raised ledge. It sends my SUV rocking back and forth like crazy, need to take it ridiculously slow. Motorcycle could easily hit that doing the speed limit or less and end up losing control.
I hope the city does get sued over it, maybe they will pay a little more attention to the road conditions.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 1:50

Re: Two people critically injured in motorcycle crash near Marin Boulevard Light Rail Station
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
I have no patience for motorcyclists who think they can act like Evil Knievel on the road but I have driven down that street 4-5 times in the past month and they is a HUGE depression and then a large raised ledge. It sends my SUV rocking back and forth like crazy, need to take it ridiculously slow. Motorcycle could easily hit that doing the speed limit or less and end up losing control.
I hope the city does get sued over it, maybe they will pay a little more attention to the road conditions.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Very nice SAT words bodhi. Very original with the "troll" comment. Do you also "pwn" people, noob? It's not my problem if you're too stupid to get it a couple a jokes stolen from a comedians stand up routine.

You need to get laid partner. Lots of pent up tension there.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

It's sarcasm, stupid.

So, sociopathic, and spineless. You spew some hostile nonsense, then retract it (by claiming sarcasm) when questioned about it. Keep on trolling, loser.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/7/22 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

It's sarcasm, stupid.

So, sociopathic, and spineless. You spew some hostile nonsense, then retract it (by claiming sarcasm) when questioned about it. Keep on trolling, loser.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 19:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
It's sarcasm, stupid.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this driver was probably in a rush, didn't want to wait for a light or went around a slow car and ended up causing this.

Wow... talking about assuming too much, without any basis on fact related to this accident/event. As others have mentioned, the road conditions in this stretch are pretty poor. I actually know of someone who successfully petitioned city hall for reimbursement of a busted tire and rim due to a pothole right around that area.

Quote:

When I'm traffic and I see a motorcycle weave in and out of traffic or cut off cars, all I think is "please let someone open a car door or pull out in front of the motorcycle".

You are a sociopath. Plain and simple. I was behind you with regards to the complaints about dogs and people's failure to curb their pets. Then, you veered off into railing about choking dogs, then controlling them, and now this. I guess others were right in their assessment: you are a demented lunatic. To wish harm and pain onto others is the epitome of sociopathic behavior.

Quote:

Darwinism at its best. Driving a motorcycle is as moronic as smoking, or some other action resulting in totally preventable medical problems.

Another idiotic comment. You could easily argue that riding a bicycle is equally moronic (by your devious standard of "totally preventable medical problems") as well as riding a car (got into a nasty accident? How stupid! You could have prevented injury by not driving...) Got ran over while crossing the street? Idiot! You could have avoided a hospital trip by NOT WALKING. Talk about simplistic logic.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
God damn dance parties.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Driving a motorcycle is as moronic as smoking, or some other action resulting in totally preventable medical problems.

It's actually not like that at all, but cool story bro.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
nyrgravey9 wrote: Darwinism at its best. Driving a motorcycle is as moronic as smoking, or some other action resulting in totally preventable medical problems.
I wish them a speedy recovery. Hope they will be OK. Your Chances of Dying

Posted on: 2013/7/22 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this driver was probably in a rush, didn't want to wait for a light or went around a slow car and ended up causing this.

Wow... talking about assuming too much, without any basis on fact related to this accident/event. As others have mentioned, the road conditions in this stretch are pretty poor. I actually know of someone who successfully petitioned city hall for reimbursement of a busted tire and rim due to a pothole right around that area.

Quote:

When I'm traffic and I see a motorcycle weave in and out of traffic or cut off cars, all I think is "please let someone open a car door or pull out in front of the motorcycle".

You are a sociopath. Plain and simple. I was behind you with regards to the complaints about dogs and people's failure to curb their pets. Then, you veered off into railing about choking dogs, then controlling them, and now this. I guess others were right in their assessment: you are a demented lunatic. To wish harm and pain onto others is the epitome of sociopathic behavior.

Quote:

Darwinism at its best. Driving a motorcycle is as moronic as smoking, or some other action resulting in totally preventable medical problems.

Another idiotic comment. You could easily argue that riding a bicycle is equally moronic (by your devious standard of "totally preventable medical problems") as well as riding a car (got into a nasty accident? How stupid! You could have prevented injury by not driving...) Got ran over while crossing the street? Idiot! You could have avoided a hospital trip by NOT WALKING. Talk about simplistic logic.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I agree with Vigilante on this one. Most motorcycle drivers I've come across think road laws don't apply to them, especially in heavy traffic. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this driver was probably in a rush, didn't want to wait for a light or went around a slow car and ended up causing this.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
"Somehow" lost control? You mean on that long straightaway which invites bozos to speed and do the bidding of Darwin?

Posted on: 2013/7/22 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like a lawsuit coming our way...

Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Yes, that stretch of Marin is not well maintained, has a very deceptive dip, and is in particularly bad shape due to the construction going on.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 14:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
"Somehow" lost control? You mean on that long straightaway which invites bozos to speed and do the bidding of Darwin?

Not so straight the paper stated there was a depression in the roadway and the tire hit it causing the bike to tip. I wish the city would focus on the smaller road conditions.

Yes, that stretch of Marin is not well maintained, has a very deceptive dip, and is in particularly bad shape due to the construction going on.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 14:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Yesterday afternoon --some jackass did a wheelie on a ninja bike -- for what seemed about half a block -- he was heading east on Montgomery -- and was only a block from Van Vorst Park -- there were kids and others all around.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 12:09
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Yesterday afternoon --some jackass did a wheelie on a ninja bike -- for what seemed about half a block -- he was heading east on Montgomery -- and was only a block from Van Vorst Park -- there were kids and others all around.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 12:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Not so straight the paper stated there was a depression in the roadway and the tire hit it causing the bike to tip. I wish the city would focus on the smaller road conditions.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 11:25

Edited by heights on 2013/7/22 11:47:03
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

I almost feel a little bad for you, Vigilante.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 10:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/7/22 4:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Charles Hack living up to his name:

The many meanings of 'Hack';
1. a person, esp. a professional, who surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward: a political hack.
2. a writer whose services are for hire.
3. a person who produces banal or mediocre work or who works at a dull or routine task.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 1:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Two people critically injured in motorcycle crash near Marin Boulevard Light Rail Station
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal

A motorcyclist and his female passenger are in critical condition at the Jersey City Medical Center after the motorcycle crashed on Marin Boulevard south of Grand Street, officials have confirmed.

Both the man and woman are being treated at the JCMC Trauma Unit, hospital officials said.

The accident happened at around 6
p.m.

According to police scanner reports, the motorcyclist some how lost control of the bike and the female passenger struck her head on a standpipe.

Neither police nor hospital officials could confirm this information, and said no other information was immediately available.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 0:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017