Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 1 month rental by Journal Square
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne.. oops I never even noticed it, it has to be kind of new. That use to be a crappy apartment house on the corner. Even stranger I never knew you can just turn an apartment house into a hotel. Wouldn?t it be a headache with all kinds of hotel inspections? Taxes have got to be way more also. Hotel tax? I would love to know what the daily rate is. If the kind of nice Ramada up Tonelle is around $120 how much could it be for a tiny apartment on Newark Avenue? You would think it would be easier to keep it an apartment house and charge the 2000 to 2500 a month rent. Less of a headache don?t have to worry about occupancy.

12. Case: P10-072 Preliminary & Final Site Plan
Applicant: HN Realty
Attorney: Jorge Aviles
Review Planner: Jeffrey Wenger
Address: 789 Newark Avenue
Block: 589.5 Lot: 10.99
Zone: Journal Square 2060 Redevelopment Plan
Description: alteration to existing mixed use 4 story structure for use as an extended stay hotel with lobby. Existing ground floor commercial to remain.

Posted on: 2013/8/3 9:57

Edited by neverleft on 2013/8/3 10:25:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
There is a hotel on Herbert Place, it is near Newark Avenue, Little India. herbert

Posted on: 2013/8/3 4:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/5 21:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Someone I know just told me that the Metro Park Station is a short walk to Oak Tree Road in Edison.

Oak Tree Road is called ?Little India? in Edison.

Look around the internet?Good luck.

awesome. thanks again.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Someone I know just told me that the Metro Park Station is a short walk to Oak Tree Road in Edison.

Oak Tree Road is called ?Little India? in Edison.

Look around the internet?Good luck.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 18:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Hey JCParentingUnit getting back on track. (sorry for my soapbox) Do your friends need to stay in JC or can they stay else where as long as there are comfort foods and things?

You probably knew this but if not ? Edison NJ has many more Indian shops/markets than JC. A lot of the owners of the shops on Newark Avenue have shops down in Edison. > edison nj indian shops <

There are also many more motels down there. > edison nj motels <

And the Edison train station. > edison nj train station <

Thanks, that's very helpful, but it doesn't seemlike a very easy commute for a one month visitor. The indian district is several miles from the train station, no?

Posted on: 2013/7/16 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Hey JCParentingUnit getting back on track. (sorry for my soapbox) Do your friends need to stay in JC or can they stay else where as long as there are comfort foods and things?

You probably knew this but if not ? Edison NJ has many more Indian shops/markets than JC. A lot of the owners of the shops on Newark Avenue have shops down in Edison. > edison nj indian shops <

There are also many more motels down there. > edison nj motels <

And the Edison train station. > edison nj train station <

Posted on: 2013/7/16 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

JCParentingUnit wrote: Quote:
so you're saying that the rent will be cheaper?

Oh yeah real cheap.

Just a quick question to anyone in the know. If it is legal to break through a wall of two adjoining buildings to make a store bigger can I do the same to two adjoining two family houses separated by a 6 inch ally? Say I want to make the first floors of each house into a massive open apartment. But I won't block the second houses entrance.

Also I forget to mention that market at 831 Newark has supermarket sized shopping carts all over the place. Dangerous!

Posted on: 2013/7/16 14:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
There is no hotel on Herbert Place off of Newark Avenue.(unless I just missed the legal notice) If there is it is probably just one of the many illegal building code violations in ?Little India?. During the last nine years all kinds of rear extensions, basement dig outs, and top floor additions have been going on under the watchful of the previous administration.

I think someone stated it before a new Market opened up at 831 Newark Avenue AND 833 Newark Avenue. It is actually two totally separate buildings with a metal rollup gate/door installed in the wall separating the two buildings.

During operating hours they open the front main entrance at 831 Newark Avenue and the metal gate/door into the other part of the store at 833 Newark Avenue. The second building?s front entrance is blocked with BIG bids of produce. If there is ever a fire in that second part of the store which is the second building no one would make it out.

Don?t believe me do a Google Map/Street View put in > big bazar newark avenue jersey city nj < look at the blocked entrance along with the pallet mover on the sidewalk.

PS ? while the new administration is at it how about also doing something about the total lack of ticket enforcement along the RED* curb from 825 Newark Avenue to Tonnelle Avenue. That is supposed to be an open lane so the traffic coming up and turning onto Newark Avenue does not get backed up. It is now a loading zone for the market.

*Notice how the RED curb is gone? It used to go from 825 Newark Avenue down to Tonnelle but it somehow disappeared when the new sidewalks and curbs were installed. Hmmmm.

so you're saying that the rent will be cheaper?

Posted on: 2013/7/16 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
There is no hotel on Herbert Place off of Newark Avenue.(unless I just missed the legal notice) If there is it is probably just one of the many illegal building code violations in ?Little India?. During the last nine years all kinds of rear extensions, basement dig outs, and top floor additions have been going on under the watchful of the previous administration.

I think someone stated it before a new Market opened up at 831 Newark Avenue AND 833 Newark Avenue. It is actually two totally separate buildings with a metal rollup gate/door installed in the wall separating the two buildings.

During operating hours they open the front main entrance at 831 Newark Avenue and the metal gate/door into the other part of the store at 833 Newark Avenue. The second building?s front entrance is blocked with BIG bids of produce. If there is ever a fire in that second part of the store which is the second building no one would make it out.

Don?t believe me do a Google Map/Street View put in > big bazar newark avenue jersey city nj < look at the blocked entrance along with the pallet mover on the sidewalk.

PS ? while the new administration is at it how about also doing something about the total lack of ticket enforcement along the RED* curb from 825 Newark Avenue to Tonnelle Avenue. That is supposed to be an open lane so the traffic coming up and turning onto Newark Avenue does not get backed up. It is now a loading zone for the market.

*Notice how the RED curb is gone? It used to go from 825 Newark Avenue down to Tonnelle but it somehow disappeared when the new sidewalks and curbs were installed. Hmmmm.

Posted on: 2013/7/16 0:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
Are these all over the city?

Posted on: 2013/7/15 23:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks all!

Posted on: 2013/7/15 20:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
If you walk down Newark Ave from Kennedy,(towards Little India) a little ways down on your left there is a very narrow side street/alley. If you turn down it, right on the left hand side is a hotel that has extended stay available.

I have never been to it but I drive past it all the time and have noticed it. Don't know the name but it's there. If you walk over and look you will find it.

Your friend/coworker could probably get a place there for a month.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Did you check Craigslist thoroughly? I just took a look in the sublets & temporary section and came across apt's in Journal Square and found a few for $850-$1000 for one month in the JSQ area.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 19:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/17 15:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
If you drive/walk around the neighborhood by India Square you should see some places that just put a sign up for a rental. I think some of them don't bother putting anything online since they get snatched up just fine by putting out signage. If I see anything in my travels I'll PM you the info, but you may want to go take a gander yourself.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 19:09

1 month rental by Journal Square
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Saw another similar request, so thought I would try my luck. I have an Indian coworker who spends every August with us and last summer I put him up at the Ramada by Journal Square and he really loved it, being so close to the Newark Ave "India Street". He's coming for the month again and this time bringing his wife, so I thought maybe it wouldn't be too hard to find them an actual apartment.

But I'm not having much luck. Craiglist and airbnb don't have anything by the Journal Square stop and most people aren't willing to rent for only 1 month. I'm wondering if maybe someone knows if the Indian community has a website they use?

My coworker was just so happy to have all his comfort foods around and I was so happy not to pay Manhattan prices, that I was hoping to find him a little place of his own this August.

Any ideas?

Posted on: 2013/7/15 18:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017