Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Police Captains Will Live in the City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/29 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
The only problem with this is in regards to affordability of JC vs cops salary. It's worth considering.

I agree by the time most cops reach top salary they are already married and with a family. To raise a family in Jersey City is difficult with the poor school district and the parohical schools closing every year. What the mayor should do is build workforce housing across the city for employees. Pressure developers to set aside a few units for city employees.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
The only problem with this is in regards to affordability of JC vs cops salary. It's worth considering.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ost_327.html#incart_river
The Emergency Services Unit. and all districts except the South will have their police captains live in the city they serve.

It's about damn time they actually start enforcing ? 53-1, a law that has been on the books in Jersey City for some time. I actually called the Corporation Counsel's office about it a couple years ago and asked why the police and fire chiefs don't live in Jersey City when they have this law. The attorney told me they are aware of the law but don't enforce it because of "various negotations made under the last union contract." Huh? The police and fire chief are in a union? Even if they are, how can a union contract trump the law?

Posted on: 2013/7/11 14:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
JCPD officers in general are ok - some great but many crap and that's from a senior cop in the ranks I speak to.
The negative comments on nj.com is from cops that's hate change and the reality that their days are numbered with poor work ethics and performance. These same cops will not have the protection of inept commanders who all ran like rats once Healy was dumped and Comey wouldn't have lasted much longer from getting the ass.
Keep going with the changes Fulop, the police gravy train will end once you employ a professional, ethical Police Chief.
Fulop's next focus should be the Fire Department - they too have their fair share of rotten eggs.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 13:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Police Captains Will Live in the City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ost_327.html#incart_river
The Emergency Services Unit. and all districts except the South will have their police captains live in the city they serve.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 11:27
Get on your bikes and ride !

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017