Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Very Loud New Neighbors on Montgomery (just in from Barrow)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
The police buddies is crap as most if not all cops don't have ass-wipe friends that might get them in trouble.
A good come-back line would have been that you have friends who are investigators with the IRS - Guess who is more scarey in the eyes of many ?

I'd print out the city ordinance to noise and post it in their mail box. If it persists call the cops and while on the phone to them, explain that the person claims he has friends with JCPD and can influence them to act on his behalf - attending cops will put them back in their place. (make sure that you do not want the cops to visit you, as you fear retribution from the anti-social loose canon ass)

Posted on: 2013/6/29 1:49
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/19 0:39
Group:
Registered Users
i haven't heard them at all lately. but, i've been away a lot too. anyone else hear them lately?

Posted on: 2013/6/28 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
any updates on this? I was interested in this JClist soap opera.

Posted on: 2013/6/28 19:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/21 0:13
Group:
Registered Users
247 montgomery.

Posted on: 2013/5/30 1:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Barrowbrownstone wrote:
Yes I heard them again last night too. Seems their noise travels and we are on barrow and don't back up to them. It is amazing how loud they are. Oh and inconsiderate.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Barrowbrownstone,

Do you know specifically which property (street number) and yard it is coming from? I'm all about reporting these people but I haven't had a chance to investigate which property the noise is coming from specifically. I'm also not opposed to paying them a visit myself next time I hear them. Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/5/29 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sam112 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
And if it happens anytime in the afternoon & your quality of life is being impacted DON'T let anybody tell you that you can't do anything before 10pm. That's a crock.

Yes! You'll hear the 10PM line from all kinds who are trying to justify being able to do whatever they want whenever they want. Here's a link to the Jersey City Municipal Code - see Chapter 222 http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientID=16093 . Restrictions are in place for both day and night. Hopefully, you won't run in jerks like those Brewster encountered.

When you get a jerk who threatens to get his "cop" buddies after you, know that he is posturing most of the time. I had a neighbor do that to me, so I saved him the trouble.....I called the cops & filed charges of harrassment & terroristic threats, took him to arbitration (with the option to make it an in your face court case if I got pissed off) & never had a problem afterwards. By all means, get a plate number as long as you do not put yourself in a position of danger.

Posted on: 2013/5/29 10:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
And if it happens anytime in the afternoon & your quality of life is being impacted DON'T let anybody tell you that you can't do anything before 10pm. That's a crock.

Yes! You'll hear the 10PM line from all kinds who are trying to justify being able to do whatever they want whenever they want. Here's a link to the Jersey City Municipal Code - see Chapter 222 http://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientID=16093 . Restrictions are in place for both day and night. Hopefully, you won't run in jerks like those Brewster encountered.

Posted on: 2013/5/29 3:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:

This is the part that the unredeemable assholes just don't understand, that what's legal and what's civil are not the same thing. I had a guy outside my sleeping little girl's room with his car doors open blasting the radio at 9:15. When I asked him to turn it off or at least close the door, he declared "I can make noise till 10:00, that's the law!". He then went on to say he worked at the precinct and would sic his cop buddies there on me and then I would know what trouble was. I took a picture of his plate and he went nuts and would have gone for me but that his girlfriend arrived and attempted to calm him down. At least he was a visitor to the block, not a neighbor. We've had our time with loud neighbors, and even tenants, but thankfully not at the moment.

Good luck with this one.

Wow! That's the A-Hole Hat Trick. Blasting music, threatening to use his cop buddies to create "trouble" and then being physically threatening. I would bet anything he was also either drunk or on steroids.

Posted on: 2013/5/29 2:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:

This is the part that the unredeemable assholes just don't understand, that what's legal and what's civil are not the same thing. I had a guy outside my sleeping little girl's room with his car doors open blasting the radio at 9:15. When I asked him to turn it off or at least close the door, he declared "I can make noise till 10:00, that's the law!". He then went on to say he worked at the precinct and would sic his cop buddies there on me and then I would know what trouble was. I took a picture of his plate and he went nuts and would have gone for me but that his girlfriend arrived and attempted to calm him down. At least he was a visitor to the block, not a neighbor. We've had our time with loud neighbors, and even tenants, but thankfully not at the moment.

Good luck with this one.

Posted on: 2013/5/29 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/29 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
When it occurs, call your Precinct's Dispatch number. Call multiple times if needed. You need to give them the exact address and where the partying is (e.g. backyard). Also, consider going to the Captain's meeting for your Precinct -- they are ususally monthly. Unfortunately, most people just tolerate this type of issue and the problem spreads. The longer you allow it to continue, the more comfortable they will be in making noise. Not sure if other neighbors will join you in reporting the issue to Police; but, the more that join in, the easier the fight.
If they are renters, consider writing to the landlord with specific dates and times and indicate they are preventing your from peaceful enjoyment of your property.
We have had a lot of similar issues and the above has helped quiet some of the trouble-makers. It's an ongoing problem.
What needs to happen is more strict rules and stronger enforcement regarding noise.... like NYC, where the police will confiscate their stereo. Maybe, something to bring up to Fulop.

Posted on: 2013/5/29 0:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/21 0:13
Group:
Registered Users
Yes I heard them again last night too. Seems their noise travels and we are on barrow and don't back up to them. It is amazing how loud they are. Oh and inconsiderate.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
247 Montgomery, the building with the large wall, extends to the rear of 266 Barrow. Then there is a one yard gap until the large wall of the apartment house at 258-260 Barrow which seals the rear to York. So if you want a better fix on the source of the noise go into the parking lot behind 258-260 Barrow (enter on York).

Posted on: 2013/5/28 15:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
maybe it's the second building in then technically? the first one definitely doesn't extend mid block. that stretch of montgomery (between barrow and grove) is pretty long. there are a few garages just in from barrow, then the property that i think has the yard where the parties are held. maybe 247 montgomery?

Posted on: 2013/5/28 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
I've been having this problem for 16 years. I dread the summers.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The first building facing Montgomery is a large multi-family that extends south to about mid block. Their wall is very high and there is no yard to speak of. Be more specific.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 14:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
about a month ago, when i first noticed them, i did call the cops/file a noise complaint. it was like 2am and they were extremely loud. it quited down shortly after i called but i'm not sure the cops ever came. i think they may have just coincidentally ended their party.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Have you tried talking to them or filing noise complaints?

Posted on: 2013/5/28 14:28

Very Loud New Neighbors on Montgomery (just in from Barrow)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live on Barrow St, right on VV Park, between Montgomery and York. I have some new neighbors on Montgomery (just in from Barrow). Their yard backs up to mine and over the past few months since they moved in they have had some very loud and very late parties in their backyard. I'm all for having some fun in the backyard on a nice day but this group is too loud and too late for our neighborhood. Our section of downtown is pretty quiet and family oriented so something will have to give with our new loud neighbors. Anyone else hear this group lately? They were at it last night until pretty late.

Posted on: 2013/5/28 14:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017