Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: FedEx requiring signatures
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
I don't understand the hostility. Why is it so horrible to sign for your package? I guess it is a hassle for those who have no one to accept the package but that's not really anyone's fault but your own. I would rather be bothered to sign and confirm that the package was delivered to me so I can have the chance to check and reject if need be. I guess you love getting your package left at the door, in whatever state it is in, waiting for just anyone to snap it up, with hardly any notice? FedEx is notorious for this and I would be glad if they start changing their policies on delivery.

Funny, UPS has had the exact opposite problem with me and other Jersey City residents - they seem to leave packages on peoples' front steps (including mine in the past) all the time WITHOUT getting a signature, right in the open for all the world to see. There was a thread about this on this website some time ago. Now I try to avoid UPS, and I prefer FedEx to UPS anyway, because it is super-convenient to just have it redelivered to Exchange Place and pick it up there anyway.

Of course, this all only goes so far, because UPS, FedEx and USPS are a shared monopoly and can pretty much do what they want and charge what they want anyway (well, USPS's rates are set by Congress, but that's a matter for another thread), so all we can do is take their crap and hope the occasional news story will embarass them into doing the right thing.

Posted on: 2013/6/24 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
I don't understand the hostility. Why is it so horrible to sign for your package? I guess it is a hassle for those who have no one to accept the package but that's not really anyone's fault but your own. I would rather be bothered to sign and confirm that the package was delivered to me so I can have the chance to check and reject if need be. I guess you love getting your package left at the door, in whatever state it is in, waiting for just anyone to snap it up, with hardly any notice? FedEx is notorious for this and I would be glad if they start changing their policies on delivery.

Posted on: 2013/6/24 18:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/4 18:28
Group:
Banned
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Does the psychiatric ward know that you are loose or has it not been reported yet?

Sorry if I confused or upset you. After careful consideration, I've realized how silly I've been to consult more than a decade of scientific evidence produced by thousands of Architects and Engineers. Getting back to this issue of private transactions, I now see the wisdom of one of the earlier posters. The truth is clearly:

1. There are so many boogeymen in our post 9/11 world. Now that bin-laden is gone (yes, the gooberment really did kill him, don't you know?), I've got my eye on those Keebler Elves! Why isn't Janet warning us about them? Did you know they live in a tree where they bake cookies? Are you really OK with this? Well, not me buddy... I'm gonna "see something, say something" the second I spot one of those domestic bakers.

2. Since those Keebler Elves are clearly up to no good, I think we really need to clamp down on shipping between private parties. Afterall, someone could easily hide a elf in one of those packages!!

3. We should probably create some laws to solve this problem. Maybe a background check can be used to thwart those Keebler sympathizers? It's not pre-crime, it's just common sense. I mean, we don't want those elves running around on the loose

4. I think it is the job of the federal gooberment to keep us all safe from those elves and their wares. I'm concerned however, that background checks may not be enough (though I think it's a good start). Perhaps we can be more proactive and lock everyone up in a maximum security jail? That way, we'll all be extra safe!

Posted on: 2013/6/24 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

windowsrefund wrote:
Please stop with the 9/11 hype. Many of us have done the research and know that 9/11 was an inside job designed to justify 2 wars while robbing us of our liberties. If YOU think signing for your packages works for YOU, by all means, go about your business. We'll decide what works for US and promise not to allow our personal choices to impact your life.

Does the psychiatric ward know that you are loose or has it not been reported yet?

Posted on: 2013/6/24 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
UPS, USPS and FedEx packages get stolen all the time. I have had 3 people arrested for doing this downtown. I would certainly not want the delivery people leaving my packages laying around in plain sight. If some people want to take that risk then they can't complain when their stuff goes missing.

Posted on: 2013/6/24 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Signing for parcels is important for a law enforcement aspect and tool to catch criminals - You would be surprised how gangs use courier services to ship drugs around the US - With no-one signing for 'tracked' parcels, it makes it hard for agencies to nab suspects and catch organised crime figures.

Also insurance / postal fraud is another problem with people claiming that their parcels were never delivered. Ebay sellers are complaining that buyers aren't getting their products and buyers complain items are never sent - Signing for a product keeps everyone honest and reduces insurance premiums.

I'm all for signing and if its a problem to be home, get it delivered to your work.

Posted on: 2013/6/24 10:07
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/23 23:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/4 18:28
Group:
Banned
Please stop with the 9/11 hype. Many of us have done the research and know that 9/11 was an inside job designed to justify 2 wars while robbing us of our liberties. If YOU think signing for your packages works for YOU, by all means, go about your business. We'll decide what works for US and promise not to allow our personal choices to impact your life.

Posted on: 2013/6/23 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SteveWilson29 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I think all package deliveries should be signed for. It helps prevent theft and in this age of post 9-11 it will prevent any sort of criminal activity. Is there an extra chage to have the Fed Ex delivery dropped off at their branch locations ?

What's it like in your little world?

Ah youth is wasted on the young, and God takes care of babies and idiots.

Posted on: 2013/6/20 13:49
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
I think all package deliveries should be signed for. It helps prevent theft and in this age of post 9-11 it will prevent any sort of criminal activity. Is there an extra chage to have the Fed Ex delivery dropped off at their branch locations ?

What's it like in your little world?

Posted on: 2013/6/20 13:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/8 23:34
From The Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
Also to confirm that there is no extra charge to hold your FedEx package/envelope at one of the local FedEx locations. But, of course, you will need to bring your FedEx slip to claim your package at the chosen location.

Posted on: 2013/6/20 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Get your amazon.com shipments sent to the amazon locker in staples... excellent alternative.

Quote:

penumbra wrote:
Over the past 6 months, one of the Fedex drivers has been requiring signatures for packages, even when not requested by the shipper. This is particularly annoying for Amazon.com packages, as they rotate shipper based on a lunar cycle or some such.

On one of these occasions, the stringent driver failed to get a signature twice and a different driver delivered on the third occasion - no signature required. The second driver couldn't figure out why the other guy required a signature.

Today, I happened to be home and caught the strict guy and he claims all FedEx Express (not Home or Ground) packages are required to have signatures in JC or Hoboken. He said any driver found not requiring a signature could get fired.

Has anyone else had this experience? I intend to have a chat with FedEx as well.

Posted on: 2013/6/20 13:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/9 11:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:

There's no extra charge to have them hold it at a FedEx location; both FedEx and UPS will do it for free (once you have your missed delivery slip number that is), though the closest UPS is in Secaucus.

Posted on: 2013/6/20 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I usually have the opposite problem, they leave packages on my porch, lawn, behind the planters or sometimes under my car in the driveway which is crazy.

I have everything now just come to my office in the city. Or if its heavy I have it delivered to my neighbors who are retired or the fedex station.

UPS on the other hand wont leave any packages just little notes saying come pick it up after third attempt.

Posted on: 2013/6/20 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/20 11:21
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, Chama! That's very good to know.

Posted on: 2013/6/19 23:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/8 23:34
From The Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
For whatever it is worth, if you miss a FedEx delivery and can't be home during the day to wait for the package, you can request the package to be dropped off at one of the FedEx locations around our area (all this can be done online as long as you have the tracking number). I happened to run into this situation recently, unable to be home to receive the package. I found out there is a FedEx location at 10 Exchange Place (next to the PATH train station at Exchange Place on the Montgomery side)... this turned out to be VERY convenient to me for pick-up purposes since it is close to work. And they will retain the package at the FedEx location for about 5 business days. So check it out.

Posted on: 2013/6/19 23:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't had this problem recently but I used have this problem all the time with particular drivers. I had many conversations with FedEx about it and what I was told is that it is entirely up to the discretion of the driver. Even if no signature is required, a driver can decide to require a signature if they think it's the right thing to do. Very frustrating, and they gave me no other alternatives. I even asked if there was some kind of blanket waiver I could sign to have packages left and they said nope, it's totally up to the driver. I had better luck contacting the shipper and asking them to intervene with FedEx, although this sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Good luck.

Posted on: 2013/6/19 20:40

FedEx requiring signatures
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/3 15:29
Group:
Registered Users
Over the past 6 months, one of the Fedex drivers has been requiring signatures for packages, even when not requested by the shipper. This is particularly annoying for Amazon.com packages, as they rotate shipper based on a lunar cycle or some such.

On one of these occasions, the stringent driver failed to get a signature twice and a different driver delivered on the third occasion - no signature required. The second driver couldn't figure out why the other guy required a signature.

Today, I happened to be home and caught the strict guy and he claims all FedEx Express (not Home or Ground) packages are required to have signatures in JC or Hoboken. He said any driver found not requiring a signature could get fired.

Has anyone else had this experience? I intend to have a chat with FedEx as well.

Posted on: 2013/6/19 20:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017