Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: WARD B: ESTHER WINTNER or KHEMRAJ "CHICO" RAMCHAL? WHY?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Ramchals educational background does matter with regard to his ability to understand the complicated issues that affect our citizens...........One can easily understand Ramchals? reluctance to admit his limited education................... Ramchal then states he received his diploma from John Adams H.S. in Miami Florida which is no more than a diploma mill with an ?F? rating by the BBB. For $600 anyone in the world could get a diploma there.

I had to repost this and laugh. So you're saying BHS is a good school? rofl. Anyone born in Bayonne that underwent a lobotomy can go to that school and graduate in top 10%. You make it seem like BHS is Harvard and John Adams is pace university...

Posted on: 2013/6/11 4:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/11 5:14
Group:
Registered Users
I live in Ward B and will be voting for Chico Ramchal for a couple of reasons.

1. Hardworking and accomplishes the bread and butter issues of local government and constituent service

2. Solidly on board Team Fulop - which is important to what JC needs right now

3. Represents a part of the city and Ward B that needs a place at the table more than another NYC yuppie import

I am NOT voting for Esther Wintner for a few reasons also. She doesn't have the track record of working local issues that Chico does. She doesn't know Ward B very well. Marion is like a foreign country to her. And, like it or not, people who worked with her at the Cornerstone School where she was Board President, give her failing marks for teamwork, vision, and leadership in that situation. They are not voting Wintner and that says something.

Chico's a better choice right now.

Oh, and a sidebar comment... It's a welcome change to see Yvonne Balcer take off the cloak and emerge as the partisan she is for Wintner and Boggiano. Much better than the facade of "journalistic neutrality" she tried unsuccessfully to present when hosting her self-organized candidate forums.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 4:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
When I was eight years old, I realized it doesn't pay to lie because the truth will always come out. The problem here-you are attacking the messenger. But I didn't start the lie.

Really? Really? So after 8 years old, you stopped lying? Well, sad day cause you just broke your humanely impossible record of not lying since 8 years old.

It is up to the messenger to determine how important the message is that he/she carries. I can go around saying the sky is blue all day long and even though it is the truth, people will think I'm crazy.

That is why the lie matters. Did Clinton lying that he got a bj really affect how he ran the country? Does this local council candidate lying about his high school really matter or affect his job?

I see that in a more recent post you say yes...you are really crazy lady. Nothing you learn in a crappy high school matters - Bayonne High School minus well be a school in the phillipines that prints diplomas on rice paper. It's not like he lied about going to to mcnair

From bayonne's wiki page:

The school was the 317th-ranked public high school in New Jersey out of 328 schools statewide in New Jersey Monthly magazine's September 2012 cover story on the state's "Top Public High Schools", after being ranked 242nd in 2010 out of 322 schools listed.The magazine ranked the school 248th in 2008 out of 316 schools. The school was ranked 273rd in the magazine's September 2006 issue, which surveyed 316 schools across the state. Schooldigger.com ranked the school 219th out of 367 public high schools statewide in its 2009-10 rankings which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the language arts literacy and mathematics components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).

Bayonne high should be closed imho. It's not like he lied about going to harvard when he really went to hudson community college.

In summary, if you're talking about people not lying at all - you're crazy and if you're talking about this lie being important in the least bit - you're lying.

I wonder if this guy is married - you should see if he ever told his wife she doesn't look fat in a dress - and then you should make another thread in this forum about him lying to his wife about that...

Posted on: 2013/6/11 4:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I believe you mean Ward B. But it doesn't matter. All council people vote on the same issue with a 5/4 vote or 6/3 for budgets or bonding. People we do not vote for have an effect on all ordinances and resolutions.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 3:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
By the way, show of hands... how many people commenting on this thread actually LIVE in Ward C?

Posted on: 2013/6/11 3:21
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Say what you will about Chico, but he never ran a school into the ground.

LOL.

Esther Wintner, president of the Cornerstone school board unavailable for comment after running school into the ground, NY Times

Posted on: 2013/6/11 3:20
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Lie the small stuff, then you're likely to lie on the big stuff - I'm betting that there are more skeletons in the cupboard and 'motivated diligent' individuals, lobby groups or bodies will exploit it and use it against him to get their way - Chico makes for a soft target for graft and corruption.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 3:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you wish to accept the fact that someone lied about where they went to school, that is fine. As I have stated in the past, Chico, if elected, will vote on matters that effects the entire city, not just Ward B. Chico has said in the past, he will rely on Bill O'Dea, but O'Dea is not on the ballot.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Sorry, Mouse that info already made the news in 1981.

It made the news May 21, 2005! With all of Esther's education she went and ruined a nice private school in Jersey City. Say what you will about Chico, but he never ran a school into the ground.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 2:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, Mouse that info already made the news in 1981.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Speaking of schools. What happened here?

Oh yeah, it was run into the ground. Lemme just see.... hmmm.... who ran the school board?

Esther Wintner, president of the Cornerstone school board unavailable for comment after running school into the ground, NY Times

Posted on: 2013/6/11 2:41
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I just remembered, Wally Sheil, said he went to Olaf College in Norway. But the college never heard of him. He lost to McCann.

The college never heard of him? Thanks for that information! Thank you Yvonne!!!!! Also, that Wally Sheil missed many council meetings also back in the 80's! Wally Sheil should burn in hell for that! You a better email Terrence IMMEDIATELY with this new nugget that you have unearthed!

Posted on: 2013/6/11 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I just remembered, Wally Sheil, said he went to St. Olafs College in Norway. But the college never heard of him. He lost to McCann.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 1:56

Edited by Yvonne on 2013/6/11 2:12:21
Edited by Yvonne on 2013/6/11 2:13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ramchals educational background does matter with regard to his ability to understand the complicated issues that affect our citizens. While having been to school is not a prerequisite to seeking office it is disheartening to see the fabric surrounding Ramchals candidacy unravel due to a lie. This is happening on the eve of what should be a new day of reform and a rejection of the past scandals that darkened our city?s skyline. It is how the Fulop team handles this growing brushfire that will show us how the administration will govern come July 1st. One can easily understand Ramchals? reluctance to admit his limited education. That is human nature. Perhaps he would be a fine councilperson. That though is not at the heart of the matter. It is the lie compounded by explaining too much after the fact that is his albatross. Bayonne High School has stated they have no record of him attending that school much less graduating. Ramchal then states he received his diploma from John Adams H.S. in Miami Florida which is no more than a diploma mill with an ?F? rating by the BBB. For $600 anyone in the world could get a diploma there. It is incumbent upon Ramchal to give the citizens of Jersey City a full accounting of his education if he is elected. It is necessary for Fulop to understand this is a litmus test for his administration.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mouse wrote:
Real or imagined? After Esther was appointed by Healy to the Jersey City Public Library, she suddenly stopped criticizing Healy?

So much for independent activist. We saw this with another Healy candidate as well.

Also, true or not: Esther Wintner wanted to be on Healy's ticket, but got snubbed (the offer went to Jerry Myers, who now supports -- you guessed it -- Chico Ramchal).

Posted on: 2013/6/11 0:22
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Any public official is up for public scrutiny and it would be in the public interest to find out the facts under an FOI (freedom of information) request if an official makes any claims about their history. Even Obama was thoroughly researched.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 0:06
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You are having a real problem with this, Joshua. I don't know why? The public has the right to know the truth, especially since this lie was on Fulop's website and Chico's facebook page. By the way what obtuse do you mean? Lacking perception or intellect or not sharp as an obtuse angle?

Posted on: 2013/6/10 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Are you obtuse?

Presumably, the school released it's directory, with the ability of the student to opt out, and published the list of graduates.

That is not what happened here.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Joshua, I hope you tell the Jersey Journal to stop printing names without permission because it is usually there at the end of the school season.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 23:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/10 23:18
From Downtown Jersey City - Ward E
Group:
Registered Users
Hi I saw rescuelife actually mentioned my name.

Believe it or not, I had a whole section with all of my diplomas and course work too.

http://fletch4jc.org/2013/styled/page12/page12.html

Thanks Rescuelife. Can Chico scan his now and show transcript?

BTW, I didn't start this rumor. But I know Esther is the best choice for Ward B. Thanks.

Fletch

Posted on: 2013/6/10 23:21
Fletcher Gensamer
Candidate for Jersey City Council - Ward E
VOTE - May 14 - YOUR TOP CHOICE - BOX 1C
CUT SPENDING, LOWER TAXES, STOP CORRUPTION
www.fletch4jc.org

I need your help to keep Ward E Independent. Donate to our campaign online today.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Wrong. A company cannot call and get graduation or any other information. When I interviewed for jobs in law school the employers that were sticklers for it required me to actually get certified information from the employer, because they were not allowed to get it.

Every year the Jersey Journal posts graduation information, because that is the "directory" type information that is exempted under the regulations. The school can agree to disclose that so long as the student has a right to opt out.

But that doesn't mean you can request individual student information.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 23:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have posted this on facebook but Joshua does not like the answer. Every year, the Jersey Journal posts the names of people who graduate from schools. What I asked is similar, I did not ask for students' records. Companies also call educational institutions to ask if employees graduate. You are not looking at grades. You want to know if the facts are legit.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 23:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
"Schools may disclose, without consent, "directory" information such as a student's name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, honors and awards, and dates of attendance. However, schools must tell parents and eligible students about directory information and allow parents and eligible students a reasonable amount of time to request that the school not disclose directory information about them. "

This means that the school may publish a list of its graduates in the paper, or publish a yearbook, etc, so long as the student has the right to opt out. It does not allow someone to show up at a school and ask for graduation or attendance information about a student.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 23:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
BHS would not be allowed to disclose any student records under federal law (FERPA). So it looks like Yvonne, if not breaking federal law, has abetted doing so.

Absolutely incorrect. See the last paragraph:

http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html

Posted on: 2013/6/10 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'm starting to get the impression that Fulop might not be crash hot at backing prospective councillors for TEAM FULOP - This could be his achilles' heel and bite him on the ass with some that could be deemed inept or susceptible to graft and corruption if elected and undermine any good work he might do.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
BHS would not be allowed to disclose any student records under federal law (FERPA). So it looks like Yvonne, if not breaking federal law, has abetted doing so.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This lie is also repeated on his facebook page.
http://i.imgur.com/WoE8Z7I.png?1

Posted on: 2013/6/10 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/10 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
When I was eight years old, I realized it doesn't pay to lie because the truth will always come out. The problem here-you are attacking the messenger. But I didn't start the lie.

Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

A Jersey City man seeking the Ward B seat on the City Council is indeed a high school graduate, he said today to refute rumors that he never earned his diploma.

Khemraj ?Chico? Ramchal, a council aide and ally of Mayor-elect Steve Fulop, graduated from John Adams High School, according to a diploma he showed to The Jersey Journal. Fulop?s website says Ramchal is a Bayonne High School graduate.

The discrepancy led to some accusations that Ramchal may not be a high-school graduate at all. Ramchal said he?s been fielding calls all day from people hurling that charge.

?They?re trying to dig up every single possible,? Ramchal said. ?It?s harassment.?

Ramchal said he doesn't know why his bio on Fulop's website says he is a BHS graduate.

Fulop spokesman Bruno Tedeschi said any inaccurate information will be immediately correcting, adding that "all bio information was provided by the candidates."

Ramchal, aide to Ward B Councilman David Donnelly, finished in first place in the May 14 citywide election, but he failed to win over 50 percent of the vote, triggering a runoff. The second-place finisher, county worker Gerry Meyers, dropped out of the runoff, clearing the way for third-place candidate Esther Wintner to run against Ramchal.

John Adams High School, based in Miami, Fla., is an online school that allows students to receive their high school diplomas. Ramchal said he attended BHS ?briefly? after he moved here from his native Guyana, but he struggled before dropping out.

He later went to Miami to be with family, and that?s when he received his high school diploma, he said.

Resized Image

This isn?t the first campaign dust up involving Ramchal. The re-election campaign of Mayor Jerramiah Healy, who lost the mayoral race to Fulop on May 14, tried to get Ramchal?s nickname, Chico, removed from the ballot. The bid failed, with Fulop?s campaign arguing that Ramchal is known in Ward B as Chico.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/10 21:14

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017