Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 124

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Why rates are increasing and service is decreasing: New PATH train schedule
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jackp wrote:
Two words: Freedom Tower. This boondoggle is so far over budget its inconceivable how the Port Authority will evver pay for it. But rest assured they will continue to cut expenses and raise prices on the PATH to divert resources into that project, entirely at our expense.

They won't! NJ residents have been given that honor through unconscionably high toll fares and raised PATH fares, even though the tower resides in Manhattan, NY. After all, it's the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. So screw NJ, and make those suckers pay for it! Can I get a hallelujah Port Authority?

Posted on: 2013/7/20 13:18

Why rates are increasing and service is decreasing: New PATH train schedule
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 18:01
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Two words: Freedom Tower. This boondoggle is so far over budget its inconceivable how the Port Authority will evver pay for it.

But rest assured they will continue to cut expenses and raise prices on the PATH to divert resources into that project, entirely at our expense.

Now just to be clear I fully believe in respecting and honoring those who lost their lives and the heroes who died or were injured rescuing those that were murdered. But blindly building a skyscraper that is out of control cost-wise is not an honor to anyone.

Posted on: 2013/7/20 13:08

Re: New PATH train schedule

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/3 14:02
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Just saw the message at the bottom of one of the TVs in the PATH stations. It says all trains will have new schedules effective Sunday.

The message directs you to the Port Authority website, or the preprinted timetables they have in various stations. However, I didn't see anything on the Port Authority website.

Hopefully this does not mean trains will run less frequently.

Not good news- trains don't come frequently enough as it is. I'd be all for them raising the rates to get more trains running at more frequent intervals.

Posted on: 2013/7/20 3:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/15 11:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlCapp wrote:
-what's their exact plan the first summer day a train with 200 per car gets stuck under the river?

Just be prepared. Bring a small flashlight and maybe a sealed bottle of water everytime you make the trip. The tunnels are hot and dark, I wouldn't be surprised if we see brownouts and/or blackouts this week in the city. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Posted on: 2013/7/15 12:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/15 11:14
Group:
Registered Users
They'll say sure, but I wonder if Path authorities actually focus on Sunday morning overcrowding - what's their exact plan the first summer day a train with 200 per car gets stuck under the river?

Posted on: 2013/7/15 11:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
The difference is that a bus is SOMETHING.

They had NOTHING.

Also...they had stoppped service in Hoboken until what, March? The waters had long since subsided.

Of course Christie and the pols in general have more responsibility...but the PA only does what they do because they can get away with it. The MTA would never have gotten away with that for 6 months.

The PA takes advantage...granted they are allowed to. So when a 16 year old drinks because his parents leave beer in the fridge do we blame only the parents?

Again the standard isn't NJT or even the MTA; it is are you getting what you pay for?

Since 9/11 the PATH raised fares and never returned NWK express service or HOB-WTC weekend service...and then no alternatives for Sandy. And now they are cutting trains.

Please tell me what, other than increases for union members, PATH riders have seen in that time. The MTA has also increased fares but is building a new line.

As another poster pointed out they deliberately hold meetings when and where the average PATH rider can't make it.

The PA is only concerned with their union and how fast they can get them a raise, and rebuilding the WTC. Why the average rider should give $.02 about that is beyond me. We are constantly told about "sharing the burden."

There was a story this week about a superintendent leaving NJ for NY because of a salary cap. I'd love to see this at the PA and see what luminaries over there actually can be hired elsewhere. Their big hump bustinge experience of one train every 35 minutes will surely pay dividends...

Posted on: 2013/6/10 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:

Also, it's completely bunk to say "PATH doesn't have a bus" so they can basically shut service and offer no alternative.

Governor Christie could easily force NJT to lease them a bus. But the unions would go nuts and for some reason we need to crack down on the teachers but not the Port Authority.

OK then rant at Christie.

Quote:

The Port Authority has increased fares how much, why can't they pay for one bus every hour to run from Newark to 33rd St?

What exactly do you expect 1 bus an hour to do? You'd need one bus every few minutes to duplicate rush hour on the PATH.

Quote:

Second of all, people are failing to recognize that alternatives in Brooklyn go beyond the bus.

It isn't prohibitively expensive to take a cab from NYC to Astoria or Williamsburg- despite Jersey City being just as close. Again, because the pols don't go to bat for us on this side to keep cab fares reasonable or to work with NYC on this.

Now it is the PA's fault they are in another state and the taxis cost more?

Quote:

Not only that, but there are multiple subway lines through most populated parts of the city (particularly the parts equated to JC- LIC, Astoria, northern BK.) So forgetting the bus- all you have to do is walk.

Again with the multiple lines. What exactly is your proposed solution here?

Quote:

Oh...and how can we forget that the MTA is actually adding the 2nd Avenue Subway AND expanding the 7...when was the last time the PATH added a line, nevermind an extra train?

We'd all love more train service to NYC, and this I agree with NJ Transit and the PA should both have more tunnels into NYC. The structure of the PATH is an abomination and it should be blown up and rebuilt. I don't see what it has to do with how they responded to service outages during Sandy, other than in an ideal world they would have had alternatives. Although it is likely any alternative into Hoboken would have also been flooded.

Quote:

Instead they actually provide less trains AND increase the fare...and people here say "thank you, may I have another?"

Really, I don't think anyone said that. There's room in the middle of the PATH is the worst service in the country and 'Thank you, may I have another.' The PATH service is fairly reliable (try NJ transit for a few months), but the schedules on weekends suck and communication is farking comically bad. The price is about what I expect to pay for subway service.

Quote:

This is why corruption in this city has been endemic for decades. I don't mind paying for things if I'm actually getting service not BS. Hopefully Fulop and Booker and whoever replaces Zimmer actually have the balls to take on the unions and "management" over there.

Fulop has F'all to do with the PATH. Hopefully he'll put pressure on them in whatever way he can and I think bitching about the PA paying for the Freedom tower and the PA not upgrading lines is all perfectly fair because they suck at a lot of stuff, but bitching about them not having the workarounds the MTA have just doesn't make any sense to me.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
If only the PA cared that much local communities

Posted on: 2013/6/7 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
The PA wants you to spend money on sundays in your hood instead of the city ;)

Posted on: 2013/6/7 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Paris is the best IMO but I like the fact that NY, PATH and Chicago run 24/7.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
like when all the fare and toll hikes were being "debated" with the public, at 8:30AM, when everyone is on their way to work.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 18:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/21 19:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
The MTA is certainly not great, far from it. You want great public transport, go to Paris and the RATP.

But the Port Authority basically doesn't give a rat's arse from its failure to communicate.

Paris puts every other transit system to shame. 11:30pm last month on a sunday and subways running every 4 minutes on every line.
I was embarassed for the MTA, and of course the pathetic PATH.

I just moved here from Astoria last year and let me tell you - the MTA isn't a golden jewel of mass transit BUT they communucate and make sure alternatives are either provided or at least made clear for riders.

For example every few years they would shut the entire overground N train line in Astoria for a weekend or 3 - they would replace the entire line with buses, 24 hours a day.
Yes it wasn't efficient, but even in a situation where walking to the R or the 7 could be possible, they provided alternative service.

And the whole crap about the PATH not owning buses, please they could lease them, or NJ Transit SHOULD provide them for the actual routes that the trains run - not just current bus runs.

Anyway, we have been really shocked at the difference - and we didn't move here to bash the PATH - if we had really known the lack of service late night and weekends it would have been a much bigger factor in where we moved.
What is even more frustrating is that there seems to be no possible way of getting in front of any PATH decision makers - they don't care and that's the biggest insult by far.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The MTA is certainly not great, far from it. You want great public transport, go to Paris and the RATP.

But the Port Authority basically doesn't give a rat's arse from its failure to communicate.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
If not the MTA then who should the comparison be to? Sorry but I think you will quite hard pressed to find another PT agency in this country that behaves so egregiously.

Also, it's completely bunk to say "PATH doesn't have a bus" so they can basically shut service and offer no alternative.

Governor Christie could easily force NJT to lease them a bus. But the unions would go nuts and for some reason we need to crack down on the teachers but not the Port Authority.

Also given this isn't North Korea there are private companies with bus fleets that could easily be leased.

The Port Authority has increased fares how much, why can't they pay for one bus every hour to run from Newark to 33rd St?

Second of all, people are failing to recognize that alternatives in Brooklyn go beyond the bus.

It isn't prohibitively expensive to take a cab from NYC to Astoria or Williamsburg- despite Jersey City being just as close. Again, because the pols don't go to bat for us on this side to keep cab fares reasonable or to work with NYC on this.

Not only that, but there are multiple subway lines through most populated parts of the city (particularly the parts equated to JC- LIC, Astoria, northern BK.) So forgetting the bus- all you have to do is walk.

It's ridiculous to say that we should have to take the "guagua" or "gypsy cab" or whatever you want to call them- they don't come here over night. So I guess I should take one cab or train to 42nd St- then the guagua, then a cab from Weehawken to JC (which is likely to be ridiculously overpriced as well).

Sad that the PATH has actually convinced people that its behavior is acceptable. Yeah Sandy sucks. But somehow the MTA manages to do better for the same and soon to be less price...

Oh...and how can we forget that the MTA is actually adding the 2nd Avenue Subway AND expanding the 7...when was the last time the PATH added a line, nevermind an extra train?

Instead they actually provide less trains AND increase the fare...and people here say "thank you, may I have another?"

This is why corruption in this city has been endemic for decades. I don't mind paying for things if I'm actually getting service not BS. Hopefully Fulop and Booker and whoever replaces Zimmer actually have the balls to take on the unions and "management" over there.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
I like getting fkd

If I had a lousy commute that put me in such a cranky mood, I?d address the variables most under my control. You can?t change PATH?s schedule, but you can change yours. Consider looking for a day job that allows you to cruise in hassle-free style with the grownups. We even get free croissants in the morning?bet you didn?t know that.

3,500+ trips and counting and my only significant frustration lies with some of my fellow passengers, not the train.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The MTA is not God, my parents sold their building in 95 in Williamsburg Brooklyn and the J train just went under construction. It is now 2013 and the J train is still not working on weekends. So If you need to get to Marcy ave in BK on Saturday or Sunday you are phucked!

So the people who live in Williamsburg have not had regular weekend J service since 95,so please give me a phuken break about how great the MTA is.

Also we have alternatives here in JC, I took the ferry from Port Liberte during the Path outage and it was not bad at all. It was about the same price as taking a cab across town in NYC and it got me to Wall street in less than 10 minutes.

If you only depend on the Path then that is the mistake you made, We have buses, ferries and jitney service that takes us across the Hudson. So get ur head out of ur ass and Manup!

Posted on: 2013/6/7 12:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
I can't believe that anyone finds Sandy to be anything more than a pretext.

Believe it. ;) The tunnels were badly flooded, and the equipment wasn't sparkling new to begin with.

Quote:
I also can't believe that you think the MTA reaction is similar...MTA provides alternatives...MTA provides a bus, at a miniumum, not no PT.

MTA has control of an entire bus system, PATH does not. If bus service needs to step up, that's mostly a job for NJ Transit.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 10:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:
Really...and how about the people who use the Hoboken stop that was out of service for MONTHS...

The problems that resulted in Hoboken losing service for months, and for the slow schedule now, are similar to those that will cause the MTA to close the East River for over a year.

Quote:
How about the fact that the MTA offers ALTERNATIVE SERVICE. Not, too bad so sad after 10PM.

MTA has a bus service and more train lines.

If PATH isn't working, and it's a major outage, it really ought to be NJ Transit that steps up.

Quote:
And I'd love to see the MTA hold a meeting about fare increases in a warehouse in Staten Island....

Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought PA's board meetings are at a building on 15th Street.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 10:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
There's bitching about the PPATH that is legitimate and then there's a bunch of of posts on this thread pointing out how the MTA uses alternate trains and their busses to help out when they have a problem. The PATH has neither of those options.

There's plenty to bitch about with regards to the PA, but I wish people would stop pointing to the MTA and what they do because it is mostly irrelevant.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Stockholm syndrome indeed. He/she must surely love paying more for getting less - I know I like getting fkd, don't you (that was sarcasm again, btw)? After all, why should we not like it? It happens with our phone plans, our cable bills, insurance rates, loans... yea, we should love it when that happens, too.

Perhaps its another person who went to the special ed department in our lovely school system here? They're churning em out at a furious pace! Clearly my not having gone to a restaurant in Hoboken disqualifies me from speaking about getting raked over by a shiatty corporation that's been siphoning money from us at an increasing rate - what logic!

Posted on: 2013/6/7 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
I'm born and raised and lived in Jersey my whole life too, am I allowed to complain about the PATH or are you going to make fun of me too? You've got some odd kind of Stockholm syndrome if you think having rates jump from $1.50 to $2.75 at the same time that service keeps getting cut is "great."

Especially considering it's all being spent on the WTC, and not the PATH.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 20:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/19 19:16
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Cory B, internet gangster, check yourself and don't get stupid.

I'm on the trains every day, you don't know me or anything about me. I'm Jersey born and bred.

I said it once and I'll say it again, the PATH in my opinion is better than or on par with several MTA lines.

Now please stop the whining and bitching.

Oh and by the way, don't try to act like you're from here when you thought Biggie's only location was the old Clam Broth House. Clown.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 20:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

moobycow wrote:
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:

Really...and how about the people who use the Hoboken stop that was out of service for MONTHS...how long was their commute...by how much did their expenses grow, having to take the ferry or bus?

How about the fact that the MTA offers ALTERNATIVE SERVICE. Not, too bad so sad after 10PM.

MTA says...sorry but you will have to transfer or take a bus.

PATH says...sorry but we can't even provide a bus, we can't even work with NJT for additional service...take a $50 (at least) cab ride.

Same thing!

And should the MTA not raise fare before October 2014, we will pay MORE for LESS service.

And I'd love to see the MTA hold a meeting about fare increases in a warehouse in Staten Island where there is no PT access like the PATH did so a bunch of union hacks show up instead of real commuters demanding their overinflated salaries go up even more while we pay. Hosni Mubarak called from jail he wants his tactics back, PATH!

The PATH has all sort of organizational and communication problems but people really need to stop comparing it to the MTA. The PATH simply does not have the options available to it that the MTA does when things go wrong. There are no alternative tunnels, there is no PATH fleet of buses. The things that the MTA did to make it easier on their commuters are simply not options for the PATH.

NJ Transit should have stepped in with bus service, but that is a failing of NJ Transit, not the PATH.

Sort of.

In the 48 states (OK 46- Lousiana and Illinois) where there is political transparency, NJT and the PA would have been forced to cooperate.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Ridiculous.

I have lived in NY and NJ my whole life. I have never been to Ohio.

Second of all, PATH is $2.25...NOW. And in less than two years it will be $2.75, which is MORE than the MTA, when PATH runs LESS service and the line is SHORTER.

I think I speak for all riders when I say...if they said we are charging more but adding more trains or expanding to EWR or 42nd St or what have you...I would not care.

Instead, they charge more for LESS service.

I can't believe that anyone finds Sandy to be anything more than a pretext. After 9/11 they cancelled all kinds of service including the HOB-WTC weekend and the Newark express. What is the excuse over a decade later?

I also can't believe that you think the MTA reaction is similar...MTA provides alternatives...MTA provides a bus, at a miniumum, not no PT.

Just because they are "24-7" (35 minute gaps are pathetic) doesn't give them the right to treat people like garbage.

If you go to Shop Rite they don't turn the lights off and say "hey A&P charges more, you're getting a deal!"

Posted on: 2013/6/6 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:

All you yuppies and hipsters are comical. Move here from Ohio or some other fly over state and think you have the answers to everything.

You mean us lifers who've been here for decades? Like myself? There's a reason we don't want to live in a bumblefu*&k flyover state like where you're from, and a big one of that is public transportation that is reliable.

Quote:

I really don't understand what all the complaining is about.

Of course you don't, precious. You've never actually experienced what the path system is supposed to be like - an actual train line that allows people to get into and out of the largest city in the country and surrounding locales in a timely manner.

Quote:
We can get to midtown and downtown Manhattan 24/7 from multiple stations in Jersey City for $2.25. That doesn't exist anywhere else in the country because all other cities across the country shut down their systems overnight.

Should you ever decide to take one of the trains at a late hour, you will see that demand for said trains is overwhelming, and they're not providing the service that is needed. Trains at 1AM are as crowded as trains at rush hour - this is NOT the way things are supposed to run.

Quote:
SANDY hit us hard, get over it.

Sure did, why should we sit around and let a privately-run company that sucks up public dollars screw us around without saying anything? See how none of what you said has any relevance to what we're saying?

Quote:
Call me crazy but I've lived in either Jersey or Manhattan my entire life and the PATH in my opinion is more reliable and pleasant than several MTA lines.

Crazy and most likely full of it.

Quote:
There are buses and ferries if the PATH isn't good enough for you.

As they do not run at those hours, they aren't good enough for anyone. Try again.

Quote:
The Port Authority is corrupt but so is just about every other political agency in the NY/NJ area. Take a look at the MTA's budget and history of broken promises before you tell me how great they are.

At the end of the day, move out or stop b*tching

So simply because other institutions are corrupt we're supposed to not voice our complaints over another one that's corrupt? Yea, I guess we should just never speak up about anything. Healy should still be mayor - hell, Schundler should still be mayor while I'm at it.

Feel free to move back to whatever imaginary utopia you came from. The rest of us will continue to voice our complaints over the inadequacies, stupidities and corruption of this particular place in the vain hopes that perhaps one of these years, one of the shills we elect will finally do something about our complaints.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RUinHamiltonPark wrote:

Really...and how about the people who use the Hoboken stop that was out of service for MONTHS...how long was their commute...by how much did their expenses grow, having to take the ferry or bus?

PATH says...sorry but we can't even provide a bus, we can't even work with NJT for additional service...take a $50 (at least) cab ride.

Same thing!

And should the MTA not raise fare before October 2014, we will pay MORE for LESS service.

And I'd love to see the MTA hold a meeting about fare increases in a warehouse in Staten Island where there is no PT access like the PATH did so a bunch of union hacks show up instead of real commuters demanding their overinflated salaries go up even more while we pay. Hosni Mubarak called from jail he wants his tactics back, PATH!

The PATH has all sort of organizational and communication problems but people really need to stop comparing it to the MTA. The PATH simply does not have the options available to it that the MTA does when things go wrong. There are no alternative tunnels, there is no PATH fleet of buses. The things that the MTA did to make it easier on their commuters are simply not options for the PATH.

NJ Transit should have stepped in with bus service, but that is a failing of NJ Transit, not the PATH.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Perhaps I phrased it not quite as clearly as I could've, so partly my fault. I was not implying that a schedule did not exist, merely that any information regarding the changes of said schedule is close to non-existent.

Also, your link is shockingly (sarcasm again) hard to find on the path website.

Go to the main page
Resized Image

Mouse over or click the top link and you get
Resized Image

Click it and you get
Resized Image

Click the Full Schedule part and you get
Resized Image

Had you clicked the bottom link on the first page you would've gotten
Resized Image

again.

The only way that I found to even get that page you linked is to actually click on the Maps and Schedules instead of mouse-overing them, which takes you to here:
Resized Image

and click on that link down on the bottom right. Which is the only indication of anything at all with a date.

Again, communication.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
For the most part, PATH is on time and reliable. However, if PATH had a better night and weekend schedule I would like it a lot more. Rush hour in the morning is crowded, but if you get on a train before 8am, it's relatively comfortable standing room. Nights and weekends....that's all.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 18:51

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/19 19:16
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Anything else you want to cry about?

All you yuppies and hipsters are comical. Move here from Ohio or some other fly over state and think you have the answers to everything.

I really don't understand what all the complaining is about. We can get to midtown and downtown Manhattan 24/7 from multiple stations in Jersey City for $2.25. That doesn't exist anywhere else in the country because all other cities across the country shut down their systems overnight.

SANDY hit us hard, get over it.

Call me crazy but I've lived in either Jersey or Manhattan my entire life and the PATH in my opinion is more reliable and pleasant than several MTA lines.

There are buses and ferries if the PATH isn't good enough for you.

The Port Authority is corrupt but so is just about every other political agency in the NY/NJ area. Take a look at the MTA's budget and history of broken promises before you tell me how great they are.

At the end of the day, move out or stop b*tching

Posted on: 2013/6/6 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PEC0905 wrote:
Quote:

Toonces wrote:
My understanding is that the R will run in Brooklyn and in Manhattan, just not under the East River (so it won't connect the 2 boroughs). The 2, 3, 4, 5, A, C, and F trains are all in the BK Borough Hall/Jay St/Metrotech 2-block radius, so really, this isn't that bad an inconvenience - it just means a transfer and maybe a walk of a few blocks.

Your understanding is wrong. Try telling that to the residents of Bay Ridge and Sunset Park who now have no other options and are stuck with commutes of well over an hour to get to Manhattan now.

Bottom line is the majority of this board continues to act as if the MTA is God, and PATH is the devil, without actually realizing how much damage was really sustained by Sandy in the MTA and PATH tunnels.

We were lucky to have both the 33rd and WTC lines back as quickly as we did, because we could easily be in the same situation as the R Train riders.

Same thing!

Posted on: 2013/6/6 15:05

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017