Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Constant barking dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Montgomery Street, just north of VVP. One of these days I'd like to go out there when I hear it and tell the owner that it's not cool at 7am.

they might not know. I've got a foster dog (not in your neighborhood) who I thought was silent, til I was recently told that he starts barking about ten minutes after I leave, and keeps it up for sometimes as much as a half hour.

after learning this from a neighbor, I shut the windows and keep the air on all day for him, which has greatly cut down on the sound traveling. plus I've doubled the length of our morning walk, so he's more tired when I leave.

seems to be working. your neighbors might also think it's worth changing their routine to keep the peace.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Montgomery Street, just north of VVP. One of these days I'd like to go out there when I hear it and tell the owner that it's not cool at 7am.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Loud dog barking continuously this morning, for about 30 minutes straight. I hear what I believe is the same dog most mornings. Very annoying with windows open. Pretty inconsiderate.

what street?

Posted on: 2013/7/24 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Loud dog barking continuously this morning, for about 30 minutes straight. I hear what I believe is the same dog most mornings. Very annoying with windows open. Pretty inconsiderate.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 11:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
Dogs just add to the carbon footprint.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I don't walk through the zones but my kids will go on the edges when walking by them. Nothing can be done about that. If you people are so concerned then perhaps you should have a talk with the various pre-schools and Pre-K's in the area. Today the "Pet-Free Zones" were completely empty while the pet go zones were packed with toddlers and their teachers. Actually, children who are exposed to pets are healthier.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Here's a secret - Your dog hates living in a city.

Dogs love cities. More food, companionship and socialization. The worst is these people who tie their dogs up in a yard all day and night out in the burbs and rural areas. Dogs are pack animals and want to be around their people. And they are family members. Like I often tell people in HP, "Pet-free zone? So what? This is a family member."

That is extremely rude and selfish of you. You should heed what the signs say and be courteous to others.

The park is big enough and there a million places where your dog can be. I only wish there was some kind of regulation to ticket people who bring their dogs or other animals into the pet-free zones. You can't be satisfied with having 90%+ of the park space for your dog to occupy, you have to have all of it. Real classy. Heed the signs, and quit ruining it for the people who do!

Posted on: 2013/6/6 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
You're right. Pets are part of my family as well but we need to respect the rules of the park as they were established for so everyone can enjoy the park. How would you like it if you or your toddler stepped in dog poop? Or how would you like having to inspect the ground before laying out a picnic? Dog runs exist for a reason you and your "family" member should use it.

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Dogs love cities. More food, companionship and socialization. The worst is these people who tie their dogs up in a yard all day and night out in the burbs and rural areas. Dogs are pack animals and want to be around their people. And they are family members. Like I often tell people in HP, "Pet-free zone? So what? This is a family member."

Posted on: 2013/6/6 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

there is an entire zone of the park that is pet-friendly. if your dog is such an important part of your family, why won't your family move its collective ass thirty yards southwest to the area of the park that was specifically zoned for all of you?

Posted on: 2013/6/6 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Weren't dogs originally bred for a purpose - assist in hunting, retrieving, herding, sniffing, guarding etc

Posted on: 2013/6/6 15:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

blanquiita wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

That's mighty selfish of you. Some of us would like to sit in an area where your family member hasn't peed or pooped.

In this city that would probably be your living room...maybe....just maybe....

Posted on: 2013/6/6 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

That's mighty selfish of you. Some of us would like to sit in an area where your family member hasn't peed or pooped.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Posted on: 2013/6/6 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/6 14:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/16 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

kimmygo wrote:
Quote:

vvparkster wrote:
Is anyone else living on Van Vorst Park sick of the constant barking in the dog run? I have lived on the Park for 20 years and this is just about the worst it has been. I think the run should be closed if the Owners refuse to control their dogs.

How can you stop a dog from barking in a dog run no less?

You can't thats why they want the dog run closed.

And then the dogs will bark outside of the defunct dog run. Maybe we should ban dogs from Jersey City?

Posted on: 2013/6/6 13:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kimmygo wrote:
Quote:

vvparkster wrote:
Is anyone else living on Van Vorst Park sick of the constant barking in the dog run? I have lived on the Park for 20 years and this is just about the worst it has been. I think the run should be closed if the Owners refuse to control their dogs.

How can you stop a dog from barking in a dog run no less?

You can't thats why they want the dog run closed.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 13:04
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JamesBeard wrote:
Some of us work until 2am and can only get to the dog park between the hours of 3am and 4am. It's not fair to keep my dog from the enjoyment of the park just because my schedule is different from yours. Wear earplugs, get better windows, or move if it bothers you so much.

Sorry but majority rules, Most people (voters) sleep between 10pm and 6am. Lets allow all noise related acitvities to occur 24/7 hey I want to mow my lawn when I get home after work at 3am as opposed to 3 pm. Just an example.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 13:02
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Just another example of high density, multi-level housing in a confined city and our infrustructure and amenities unable to cope.

What new 'green' spaces do we have downtown to accommodate this population explosion?

Posted on: 2013/6/6 6:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Life is difficult on a park but Van Vorst Park is smaller and is jammed with different activities. It was a passive park with benches until the Green Acres money required it to be an active park. By the way, the Green Acre money in the 1970s did not allow a dog run. (I always wondered it JC would have to repay the Green Acres money due to the dog run.) We did fight against a basketball court which was slated for Van Vorst Park. I did a lot of negotiations with state officials then. It was the reason the "Meet Ball" happened. I was tired of meeting weekly with state officials and I was in my second pregnancy with a two year old in hand. The dog run happened much later, after 1970s.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
That is a good idea if you know the address, but it doesn't solve the problem of people walking their dogs in the park 3:00 am in the morning. Many people come from different parts of the city to walk their dogs. I've seen vans pulled up and six or eight dogs would exit the van while the dogs run and bark all night long.

This happens at 3am? Vans full of dogs from who knows where? Perhaps you can check ID's at the park entrance? I mean give us break. Hamilton Park blows VVP away and has become a "destination" park for people from all over JC and everywhere else. HP gets trashed every weekend especially the playground and BB court. You guys are pissing in the wind.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/6 18:15
Group:
Banned
Lol.. I get what you are trying to say here.

Quote:
Hamilton Park got the Basketball court and you got the dog-run. Consider yourself lucky. BTW, Jersey City parks close at 10pm.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
That is a good idea if you know the address, but it doesn't solve the problem of people walking their dogs in the park 3:00 am in the morning. Many people come from different parts of the city to walk their dogs. I've seen vans pulled up and six or eight dogs would exit the van while the dogs run and bark all night long.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 1:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If you know where the dog comes from that barks all night, write a letter to the address explaining what is going on with the suggestion that Animal Control would be called if it continued. You might find that the dog owner is totally unaware of the dog barking.
Even place a note in neighboring apartments on how to lodge a complaint with animal control - they too might be suffering in silence and the more complaints to more likely animal control with react .... This is another case of A dog owner that lacks empathy for their community they live in - barking so late or early, is anti-social and the owner needs to address it.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 0:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Hamilton Park got the Basketball court and you got the dog-run. Consider yourself lucky. BTW, Jersey City parks close at 10pm.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
I believe vets can remove part or all of a vocal cord (cordectomy) if that is a concern for you....I don't advocate it... how would you like if someone removed your vocal cords? but it is a possibility if all other strategies fail (behavioral treatment, sonic collar etc..)

Posted on: 2013/6/5 23:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/7 16:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Is this your biggest concern in JC? Barking dogs at 3AM? What about the gunshots and police sirens and other general city noises at 3AM? We live right outside "the city that never sleeps" and as a result, the 6th borough never sleeps either.

What a joke! Its an urban environment. If you don't like noise (or cannot adjust to it), move to the sticks....

I see you are newbie, Welcome to JClist where whine is served 24 hrs a day.

Hahahaha...Ive actually been reading the blog for about a year but I just registered this past weekend.

As a person who has lived in the NYC area for 28 of my 30 years on earth, the following pisses me off:

1. The gentrification of the neighborhoods and people who are not native to the area; do not understand the area; and do nothing but bitch and complain when they begin to somehow consider themselves "locals" because all of their neighbors are also not real "locals".

2. THIS IS NOT THE SUBURBS. That should be apparently clear when moving to JC on Day 1.

3. All urban environments have noise 24/7- from Chicago to LA, Miami and especially the biggest and best city in the US, NYC. Deal with it!

4. Barking dogs vs. loud, drunken hipsters! Enough said!

Posted on: 2013/6/5 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Piert1025 wrote:
Is this your biggest concern in JC? Barking dogs at 3AM? What about the gunshots and police sirens and other general city noises at 3AM? We live right outside "the city that never sleeps" and as a result, the 6th borough never sleeps either.

What a joke! Its an urban environment. If you don't like noise (or cannot adjust to it), move to the sticks....

I see you are newbie, Welcome to JClist where whine is served 24 hrs a day.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 22:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have heard a dog (I think it's the same dog) barking loudly most mornings, as early as 6am. I think people need to be a little more considerate. This is the time of year when people sleep with their windows open.

To say "deal with it or move, it's just dogs being dogs, etc etc" is really not cool. If it was human beings being loud at all hours of the day and night, would we just say it's humans being humans?

Posted on: 2013/6/5 21:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/7 16:32
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/5 21:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JamesBeard wrote:
Some of us work until 2am and can only get to the dog park between the hours of 3am and 4am. It's not fair to keep my dog from the enjoyment of the park just because my schedule is different from yours. Wear earplugs, get better windows, or move if it bothers you so much.

if your schedule doesn't allow you to properly take care of your dog, you shouldn't have a dog.

and letting it bark its fool head off at 3am is not "taking care of it."

Posted on: 2013/6/5 21:03

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017