Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Constant barking dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The park might be closed on paper but if you live on the park, you know otherwise. I have also seen park owners exercise their pets on the children's playground equipment. Dogs cannot read and apparently some dog owners simply ignore or don't care about closing time. The park is quiet during winter but come the warm weather it is open 24/7.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 20:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/16 20:48
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Park closes at 10.

Quote:

colleen wrote:
JustJane, if you work til 2AM how can you be bothered by the crowds at the Grove Street Plaza???

The park closes at 10 or 11 (anybody know exactly?); the dog run is in the park, therefore Socrates the Man says the dog run is closed in the middle of the night.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 20:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
JustJane, if you work til 2AM how can you be bothered by the crowds at the Grove Street Plaza???

The park closes at 10 or 11 (anybody know exactly?); the dog run is in the park, therefore Socrates the Man says the dog run is closed in the middle of the night.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So people come second to dogs? Most parks are closed for a reason. Due to your response, I will speak against future dog runs because I believe people should come first. I do remember being up late into the early mornings taking care of a sick child then finally falling to sleep and then hearing dogs bark in the park. Your answer is incredible!

Posted on: 2013/6/5 20:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Some of us work until 2am and can only get to the dog park between the hours of 3am and 4am. It's not fair to keep my dog from the enjoyment of the park just because my schedule is different from yours. Wear earplugs, get better windows, or move if it bothers you so much.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 20:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
One of the problems with the dog run is the lack of concern that some dog owners have for their neighbors around Van Vorst Park. It is not fair to hear barking at 3:00 AM when some dog owners decide to walk their dogs. Sensible rules should apply.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Cage them up and put them on top of the roof, like some idiot did last week.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vvparkster wrote:
Is anyone else living on Van Vorst Park sick of the constant barking in the dog run? I have lived on the Park for 20 years and this is just about the worst it has been. I think the run should be closed if the Owners refuse to control their dogs.

HA!!!! really?

Posted on: 2013/6/5 18:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/16 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vvparkster wrote:
Is anyone else living on Van Vorst Park sick of the constant barking in the dog run? I have lived on the Park for 20 years and this is just about the worst it has been. I think the run should be closed if the Owners refuse to control their dogs.

How can you stop a dog from barking in a dog run no less?

Posted on: 2013/6/5 18:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/19 14:39
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/5 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Those actually are the Jersey City Codes concerning dogs but Yes by all means call Animal Control and they can proceed from there.
Quote:

pacoYtaco wrote:
State Statutes are diferent from the Jersey City Ordinances regarding noisy dogs. Please call JC Animal Control for the local laws before posting stuff you found on the internet.

Quote:

12345 wrote:
http://library.municode.com/HTML/1609 ... AN_ARTIIIDO.html#TOPTITLE

? 90-19. - Noisy dogs.

No dog shall be allowed to unnecessarily disturb the peace or rest of persons residing in the neighborhood wherein it is kept or harbored or otherwise become a nuisance.

? 90-21. - Enforcement. [Amended 6-14-1995 by Ord. No. 95-050]

A.
The Division of Health or any person or persons authorized by it or any person authorized by this Code shall be charged with enforcing the provisions of this article.

Any person, firm or corporation who or which shall violate any other provision of this article shall be punishable as provided in Chapter 1, General Provisions, ? 1-25

? 1-25. - General penalty. [Amended 3-27-02 by Ord. No. 02-035]

A.
Notwithstanding any other section of this Code or any other ordinance, the maximum penalty for violating any provision of this Code shall be, in the discretion of the Court, a fine of up to $1,250.00 and/or imprisonment for a period of up to ninety (90) days and/or a period of community service not exceeding ninety (90) days. Each day a violation of any provision of this Code or any ordinance shall continue shall constitute a separate offense. This section shall not affect any mandatory minimum penalty established by any section of the Code or ordinance.
B.
In addition to the penalties hereinabove provided, any condition caused or permitted to exist in violation of any of the provisions of this Code or any ordinance shall be deemed to be a public nuisance and may be abated by the city as provided by law, and each day that such condition continues shall be regarded as a new and separate offense.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 0:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
State Statutes are diferent from the Jersey City Ordinances regarding noisy dogs. Please call JC Animal Control for the local laws before posting stuff you found on the internet.

Quote:

12345 wrote:

? 90-19. - Noisy dogs.

No dog shall be allowed to unnecessarily disturb the peace or rest of persons residing in the neighborhood wherein it is kept or harbored or otherwise become a nuisance.

A.
The Division of Health or any person or persons authorized by it or any person authorized by this Code shall be charged with enforcing the provisions of this article.

Any person, firm or corporation who or which shall violate any other provision of this article shall be punishable as provided in Chapter 1, General Provisions, ? 1-25

A.
Notwithstanding any other section of this Code or any other ordinance, the maximum penalty for violating any provision of this Code shall be, in the discretion of the Court, a fine of up to $1,250.00 and/or imprisonment for a period of up to ninety (90) days and/or a period of community service not exceeding ninety (90) days. Each day a violation of any provision of this Code or any ordinance shall continue shall constitute a separate offense. This section shall not affect any mandatory minimum penalty established by any section of the Code or ordinance.
B.
In addition to the penalties hereinabove provided, any condition caused or permitted to exist in violation of any of the provisions of this Code or any ordinance shall be deemed to be a public nuisance and may be abated by the city as provided by law, and each day that such condition continues shall be regarded as a new and separate offense.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
1-201-547-4888 Animal Control.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

? 90-19. - Noisy dogs.

A.

A.
B.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 1:56

Constant barking dogs

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/12 6:21
Group:
Registered Users
JC resident for a few years now. I love it the city, but I'm out of my wits. I recently moved to a new apartment near JSQ. I love the neighborhood, and I love the apartment. However, the people next door own a single-family house with like 4-5 dogs in a tiny backyard.

At least one or two of them barks for hours at a time. I can't stand it, it's driving me nuts. I've witnessed other neighbors complain to them about it, I've heard people screaming at them to keep the dogs quiet. They're aware it's a problem, but they do not care. I'm pretty sure I've heard the woman who owns them hit one of the dogs (but I have no proof).

I've tried filling out the nuisance dog barking form on the JC website. Of course that did nothing. I imagine calling the police would do nothing, nor would I consider it a high priority issue for police. I tried calling the NJ ASPCA, but they couldn't offer advice unless I were to file a complaint. I have no proof of abuse or mistreatment, so I wasn't sure if filing a complaint is warranted.

Any advice?

Posted on: 2013/5/12 1:26

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017