Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
159 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Why I Like Councilwoman Nidia Lopez
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
.... I am confident that based upon my personal dealings with Councilwoman Lopez and the action she has taken on my behalf and my neighbors that she is an excellent choice for Councilperson in Journal Square and I truly hope she wins again.

1) Secured funding to hire additional police officers that were assigned to Street Patrol

2) Standing with McGinley Square homeowners against threat of eminent domain

3) Secured funding to hire additional firefighters

4) Voted against the Property Revaluation Plan

5) Demanded City Hall hold the line on taxes by voting against budgets with tax hikes

6) First Councilperson in the past decade to add more park space in Ward C at Canco Park with 3 more parks approved for the ward

7) Secured an acre of land for park space in the Hilltop neighborhood section

8) Sponsored an ordinance to change the Council President to a two year term to ensure effective leadership and more open government

9) Advocated for tenant rights by passing stricter bed bug ordinance

10) Supported legislation to create more affordable housing

11) Expanded meal programs for Senior citizens

12) Sponsored legislation and successfully fought to save Christ Hospital from closing

13) Advocated for expanded recreational programs and improved recreational facilities

14) Strong proponent of the Heights Arts District Overlay Zone in Ward C

15) Strongly supports Journal Square Redevelopment Plan

16) Worked with India Square merchants to form Newark Ave Jersey City Chamber of Commerce

17) Worked with Journal Square SID to assist improving business corridor

18) Implemented improvements to taxi service and safety at the Journal Square transit hub

19) Steadfast supporter to restore Apple Tree House, Loewe?s Theater and Peter Stuyvesant statue

20) Commissioner for the Jersey City Planning Board

21) Board member for the Friends of Loews

22) Founding member of Jersey City Homeless Advocacy Group

23) Supported the expansion of Cultural and Arts programs celebrating Jersey City?s vibrant communities

24) Secured funding for an Ward C street resurfacing program currently underway

25) Fought for the Newark Avenue repaving and street scape project

There you have it!

Posted on: 2013/6/7 17:25
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

What do these three ladies have in common?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
endorsement None of the three showed up for the Ward C Debate.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Nidia would only be good as a proxy vote for the political machine that control's her - Time to retire in Florida Nidia, you're doing the people of JC no favors!

Posted on: 2013/6/3 9:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
I also know why you have this charade going. So be it.

Are you Nidia's husband?

Posted on: 2013/6/2 10:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Still waiting to hear ANYTHING about what Lopez has accomplished. I cut and pasted this snippet from the Jersey Journal piece someone added below ...."There is no job too big or too small for the councilwoman"....but I have yet to hear about any of these "jobs" she is said to be constantly working on. Can't ANYONE name one, even one of the small ones? Hey Team Fulop why are you throwing Ward C under the buss? Please explain to Ward C why you thing she is good for us.

Posted on: 2013/6/2 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
JCCheerleader, I am a lifelong resident of Jersey City and currently a resident of the Heights. I am not affiliated with Webmaster in any way other than being a member of this forum.

Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Who cares what you think? I doubt if you're really an individual who is not the friend of a disgruntled loser posing as all the Councilwoman Lopez haters. If anyone wants to know what Councilwoman Lopez has done, please visit her website. At least that's not run by webmaster posing as pacoYtaco and a multitude of other users.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Could it be that our JCCheerleader is also Darrel Black ?

Posted on: 2013/6/1 15:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A letter from the Jersey Journal with comments

For city's sake, re-elect Lopez, says letter writer

We are asking that all voters re-elect Journal Square Councilwoman Nidia Lopez in the runoff election on June 11.
Councilwoman Lopez has deep roots in Jersey City, being born in Puerto Rico and raised from an early age in Downtown Jersey City. She has always worked hard in her personal life and works very hard for the people every day. She has attended public schools and St. Peter's University and knows the value of hard work for her family and city.
We know that she has assisted many residents and follows up on every request for the people in her ward and throughout the city. There is no job too big or too small for the councilwoman and she carries out her duties in a caring manner.
For the sake of our city and Ward C we ask that you go to the polls and re-elect Lopez.
DARREL BLACK
JERSEY CITY

Jersey Journal Comments

jaywatch
The word is that Lopez is using Kevin Lyons as her campaign manager.

She doesn't realize that the voters made a decision and voted Healy out. Why would she partner with one of Healy's Political Hacks? While the 600 workers of JC were being laid off Healy promoted Lyons from a mayor's aid to co-chief of staff and a salary raise to $86,000. Its time for the voters of Ward C to vote Lopez out on June 11th and she can take Kevin Lyons with her.
16 Minutes Ago ?

AndreaLew
Well said Mr. Black! Councilwoman Lopez does work hard for us. She's got my vote!
1 Hour Ago ?

jaywatch
Too bad she couldn't find the time to attend the 2 debates for Ward C.
eyeonhudson likes this.
1 Hour Ago ?

acopcops
Andrea Lew, I guess you did not fare well in Civics in school, you cannot live in two places and vote from both, she claimed the Homestead exemption in FL nothing more need to be said.
eyeonhudson likes this.
1 Hour Ago ?

ammo17ae
is this the same woman who lived in florida,but ran in jersey city politicis and said she was ignorant of what she did was illegal.rich boggiano all the way,the healy government has to be totally replaced.
eyeonhudson, acopcops and jaywatch like this.
2 Hours Ago ?

acopcops
Mr Black, you seem somewhat confused. Lopez is not the best candidate, Boggiano is by far the best. He has never lived in Florida and never claimed residency there as has Lopez. If it weren't for the moronic attitude and support of the JCDO and HCDO she would never have been there in the first place. Please change you're mind and vote for BOGGIANO, you and those in the JoSQ District will not be sorry BOGGIANO is really the right choice!
jaywatch likes this.
2 Hours Ago ?

dogday3
Mr. Black you forgot to add after attending st peters she moved to Florida and claimed a homestead rebate there..all while she was "living" in jersey city...
If you or i did that We would have been charged and prosecuted...
acopcops likes this.
2 Hours Ago ?

stacominvnj
re-elect nidia for her expertise:

homeownership: owned one in jc and one in florida

tourism: lived in florida, visited jc

taxes: evaded them in nj

how can boggiano possible compare with this record of achievement?
acopcops likes this.
2 Hours Ago

liberal68
Electing a LIAR, A CHEAT AND DECEIT again! what a shame?
acopcops likes this.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Yep!

Posted on: 2013/6/1 12:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Who cares what you think? I doubt if you're really an individual who is not the friend of a disgruntled loser posing as all the Councilwoman Lopez haters. If anyone wants to know what Councilwoman Lopez has done, please visit her website. At least that's not run by webmaster posing as pacoYtaco and a multitude of other users.

Are you suggesting that the JCList webmaster is using multiple sock puppets to attack Nidia Lopez?

Posted on: 2013/6/1 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/6/1 11:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm disappointed with the posturing and bluster going on in this thread and in the other thread abut Nidia Lopez. I have been consistently asking for and hoping to find two simple things: What had Nidia Lopez DONE in the past and what are her intentions for the future, if she were reelected. Why are these two things so hard to come by? Lets define what I mean: Her accomplishments in the past should be defined as actual things she has gotten done. I would like to see examples of how she came upon a situation and through the force of her own will was able to make something positive happen. After four years in office there should be one or two things that she can point to as completed successful achievements right? What are they? And as for defining what she has in mind for the future, that should be super easy for anyone in the middle of a campaign to come up with and once again I have to ask: Why do I even need to ASK to hear it? This would be an EXCELLENT time for someone from Team Fulop to step up and explain the candidate they have been backing forr Ward C. Its a campaign, why do we need to ASK for information about a candidate?

Posted on: 2013/6/1 10:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe!

Posted on: 2013/6/1 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
And I'm not on Councilwoman Lopez' campaign staff. I just like her.

More like a case of infatuation or blind support.

Many of her good 'deeds' could have been accomplished by any resident who wants to take ownership of their environment and asking utility companies or cityhall to pull their 'finger out'. Most if not all positive things happening in VV or H parks is being done by the community proactively chasing those government or service providers into account.
Nidia would qualify and make a great neighborhood watch leader!

A phone call here or there to get a street light fixed doesn't make a person a good councillor, its the bigger picture of cityhall policy, programs, governance and how it creates a positive impact on law and order, quality of life, best business practices, development and other issues.

Don't worry, Fulop will get a grilling with any blunders and hope he has a good risk management team to oversea politicially sensative decisions

Posted on: 2013/6/1 2:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
I'm enjoying knowing that two Board Members of the Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy are posing on this thread and on JCList as someone they are not. And I'm not on Councilwoman Lopez' campaign staff. I just like her.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
I'm enjoying the warring political teams.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There are and have been for at least two or three years speed bumps in Pavonia in Jersey City, I bicycle past them all the time. I agree with others voicing their concern that pedestrian safety in Ward C has long been virtually ignored. My particular pet peeve is with the timing of the Walk/Don't Walk lights, which in EVERY intersection in Ward C favor the motorists. I'm fit and active and can just barely make it across JFK Blvd if I step off the curb the moment the Walk sign appears. There are plenty of mobility restricted people in my part of town and I can't see how they could safely cross any of the streets in Ward C. Who is looking after their safety? As to the fountain at Journal Square and the monument to Stuyvesant that was allowed to be misappropriated, neither of those issues has been resolved in any way anyone should be crowing about, they each represent a failure. If anyone was working at putting either of those issues to rights they have taken too long and they have not produced results. .

Posted on: 2013/6/1 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
I think it's hypocritical for Nidia Lopez to ignore her constituents and no show at debates while allowing her campaign staff (JC Cheerleader) on here to make up great things about her.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
I think it's hypocritical for a Board Member of the Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy to post on here slamming Councilwoman Lopez all the while taking money that she helped raise for the Stuyvesant statue to be returned.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JTC2253B wrote:
It would definitely be a welcome change from the new administration if speed bumps could be allowed in jersey city.

Speed bumps aren't allowed in New Jersey. Since 2009, speed humps have been allowed, under certain conditions.

Got that? Google it if you don't believe me.

forgive me. Hoboken is filled with speed humps.

better?

and thank you for sticking that Black Eyed Peas song into my head for the rest of the day.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 21:59

Re: What has Nidia Lopez accomplished in Ward C?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/20 19:54
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I wrote this for the separate thread that 'supports' Nidia Lopez, but I'll re-post it here:

Quote:
Anytime I have called Lopez's office it takes multiple attempts to get a return phone call.

When the Tonnelle circle construction started, I called her office several times and asked what steps would be taken to make pedestrians safer. I never received a call back.

When a pedestrian died at Kennedy and St. Paul I called again and left a message stating my concerns, and was told that now that someone died they could ask the police about it. Her assistant told me there were no real steps that Lopez could take in that situation because it was a state project.

I'm not supportive of Lopez. I never heard from her during Sandy, before, during or after; I've never seen her in my community. Maybe she's still in Florida.

Those "Have you seen Nidia Lopez?" posters are a good idea. I have no idea how she received as many votes as she did. I voted for the Fulop slate except for her, throwing my vote to Rich Boggiano.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 20:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/20 19:54
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Anytime I have called Lopez's office it takes multiple attempts to get a return phone call.

When the Tonnelle circle construction started, I called her office several times and asked what steps would be taken to make pedestrians safer. I never received a call back.

When a pedestrian died at Kennedy and St. Paul I called again and left a message stating my concerns, and was told that now that someone died they could ask the police about it. Her assistant told me there were no real steps that Lopez could take in that situation because it was a state project.

I'm not supportive of Lopez. I never heard from her during Sandy, before, during or after; I've never seen her in my community. Maybe she's still in Florida.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/7 23:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JTC2253B wrote:
It would definitely be a welcome change from the new administration if speed bumps could be allowed in jersey city.

Speed bumps aren't allowed in New Jersey. Since 2009, speed humps have been allowed, under certain conditions.

This is a matter of semantics. Per the DOT website:

"Speed hump" means one of several traffic calming measures which use forces of vertical acceleration to discourage speeding. For purposes of this chapter, speed humps means all vertical speed deflectors, including but not limited to, speed tables, raised crosswalks, raised intersections, and modified speed humps.

"Vertical speed deflector" means a raised area in the roadway pavement surface extending transversely across the travel way.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 20:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTC2253B wrote:

Posted on: 2013/5/31 19:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/21 21:54
Group:
Registered Users
It would definitely be a welcome change from the new administration if speed bumps could be allowed in jersey city. Such a simple thing that can be so effective (I hope at least!)

I should have added that I haven't had much of a positive experience with Ms. Lopez mostly because it took us reaching out to her multiple times before we even got a general response pretty much consisting of "we'll look into your concern" with no follow up to date. That in and of itself has been an issue aside from our safety concerns

Posted on: 2013/5/31 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kitten wrote:
Quote:

JTC2253B wrote:
I can't say that I've had much of a positive experience with Ms. Lopez. My neighbors and I have reached out to her REPEATEDLY to try to get a speed bump placed on our street. We have a lot of children that play outside in our neighborhood and for whatever reason our street has become a speedway for drivers. This is a specific safety concern and yet we have been ignored for more than a year.

Speed bumps are not allowed in all of Jersey City. The rationale is that it impedes emergency service vehicles. They will however install those rumble strips that don't do a thing but make noise.

I don't know why there are speed bumps in Union City though, yet JC won't have them.

Hoboken has speed bumps. no report on how many people have perished in fires as a result.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I really do hope that speed-bumps is something that can change under the new Mayor.

We should install them all over the place.

Robin.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTC2253B wrote:
I can't say that I've had much of a positive experience with Ms. Lopez. My neighbors and I have reached out to her REPEATEDLY to try to get a speed bump placed on our street. We have a lot of children that play outside in our neighborhood and for whatever reason our street has become a speedway for drivers. This is a specific safety concern and yet we have been ignored for more than a year.

Speed bumps are not allowed in all of Jersey City. The rationale is that it impedes emergency service vehicles. They will however install those rumble strips that don't do a thing but make noise.

I don't know why there are speed bumps in Union City though, yet JC won't have them.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 15:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/21 21:54
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/31 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
shadrack wrote:
Thank you JCCheerleader. I may disagree with you and still like Richard, but appreciate putting yourself out there in support of someone that you admire. Likewise, I hope that your neighbors and friends get involved in making Ward C prosper. At the end of the day, we all want the same thing: quality of life, an accountable city government, and good representation at the ward level.[quote]

It's my pleasure to do it, shadrack! I do admire Councilwoman Lopez and know her job is not easy given what she inherited and I'd like to see her finish all that she has started.

Posted on: 2013/5/31 14:51

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017