Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Bike JC's 4th Annual Jersey City Ward Tour + Festival
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kimmygo wrote:
Has anyone done this before? Can all biking levels participate. I am an OK biker, but not very strong or fast. I don't ride my bike very often, but I think this could be fun.

You will be fine, I did it last year. There are so many riders including children so speed is not required just endurance since you are riding through each ward.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 14:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/16 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone done this before? Can all biking levels participate. I am an OK biker, but not very strong or fast. I don't ride my bike very often, but I think this could be fun.

Posted on: 2013/5/20 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I tried and think I was successful, not sure how to check now.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 22:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone have trouble with the website? I registered and it said it went through, however gave me an error message about not being able to send an email.

Then when I filled out a contact form to notify, it gave the same error...unable to send an email from website.

Anyway, I agree- this is a great event.

Posted on: 2013/5/19 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
register sooner than later, we will need to cut off registration.

this year will be an even better experience. there will be more and improved traffic control to facilitate the ride.

age cut off of 10 years old, will be strictly enforced, along with a mandatory helmet requirement.

many have called this event the best thing they have ever done in Jersey City ....

Posted on: 2013/5/18 0:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/30 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Hello Bike JC Members and Jersey City Residents,

With just a bit over 2 weeks until the 4th Annual Ward Tour we thought it would be important to have one last meeting to go through all volunteer areas. We will cover setup/breakdown, registration, marshaling and the After Tour Festival.

Please join us on Tuesday May 28, 2013 at 730pm. The meeting will take place in the Jersey City Art School Garden, 326 5th Street. You may enter through the embankment alley between Monmouth & Coles.

Please come dressed to paint if you'd like to help paint signs for the event. Sangria will be served and feel free to BYOB.

Thanks for your continued support and see you then!

Posted on: 2013/5/17 18:52

Bike JC's 4th Annual Jersey City Ward Tour + Festival
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/30 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Come celebrate another year of policy and community accomplishments with Bike JC at the 4th annual Jersey City Ward Tour, a sixteen-mile group bike ride through all six wards of Jersey City on June 2nd. The Tour starts and finishes at Exchange Place, leaving at 11 am. Registration is required and is free online at http://bikejc.org with a suggested donation of $5.

The festival at Tour's End features great goods including food and beer (White Star Bar); live music (Rock-it Docket); nonprofit showcase; gold sprint races; photo booth and a bike rack design competition. Riders and non-riders alike are invited to Exchange Place from 1-5 pm on June 2nd.

Bike JC is a citizen-based advocacy organization that aims to make Jersey City streets welcoming for bicyclists, by promoting bike-friendly policies, including bike lanes; bicycle education; and traffic law enforcement. The Jersey City Ward Tour (JCWT) brings together recreational, avid, and first-time urban cyclists on a festive group ride.

The Tour starts downtown and travels up Montgomery to Grand Street, heading south on Garfield Ave in Greenville, where it hooks back north via Danforth and Mallory to Lincoln Park. Exiting the park, it heads north along Kennedy Blvd to North Street and Palisade Avenues in the Heights, eventually coming down Newark Ave and Seventh Street to end up back downtown and finish at Exchange Place.

Riders must be 10 and up to participate and must wear helmets.

Posted on: 2013/5/9 15:49

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017