Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

Re: Jersey City election 2013: where the race stands
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/12 14:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:
I am voting for the mayor who has kept taxes stable, the mayor who has put the people in the right places so that crime is continuing on a downward trend. I am voting for the mayor who is a regular guy who is accessible to the public. I am voting for the mayor that has help develop this city into what it is today.

I am not voting for a 1 percenter who wants to turn our schools into financial windfalls for his buddy dave tepper and the other white collars at the expense of our children.

I am not voting for the guy who tried to silence absentee voters by changing the address on the ballot applications.

I am not voting for the guy who has been accused of voter fraud time and time again

I am not voting for the guy who wants to put part time police officers on the street.

I am not voting for the guy who wants to price the regular joe out of Jersey City.

I am not voting for the guy who is clearly trying to use our city as a stepping stone for a bigger job in Trenton.

I am not voting for a republican who says hes a democrat.

I am not voting for him for those reasons. I am voting for Healy. He was never accused, arrested or charged in that big rig thing. You can insinuate whatever you want, just as I can do the same on the fraud issue, but no one was charged.

And yes, many of you think you are smarter than JC people and want to force your ideals down our throat. Take it to manhattan.

You call the guy inept. How so? Didn't Moodys upgrade our rating? We have not laid off one cop or fireman when everyone else did. The city is still developing.....

tell me this.

Do you even have an idea of who is on Fulops team besides his council people. Who will run the departments? Do we know? We do not, why is he keeping it private?

Any idea?

So the devil you know versus the one you don't?
As for corruption, they all are but if your a HUGE part of your council is charged with corruption and you were not part of it...does that mean you weren' t part of the corruption or that you are just so out of touch with the people that work for you that you had no idea what they were doing under your nose? (Not sure which is worse)

Posted on: 2013/5/14 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Despicable. That is the only word for the Healy campaign. Over night they ripped down Fulop signs, plastered light poles with Healy signs (which is of course against his pledge to refrain). His buddies in the county managed to make sure campaign credentials were delayed in distribution to the Fulop team until late last night.

Make no mistake about it. Healy and his team are trying every under-handed trick in the book to try and STEAL this election.

Don't let them do it. Exercise your right and VOTE.

You have a right to good government. Make it happen!

Posted on: 2013/5/14 12:04
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Please vote today!

Even John Montone on 1010 WINS is in Jersey City covering the race. I hear him talking about drunk, naked, real estate deals, etc.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 11:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
I saw a Healy supporter absolutely harassing innocent commuters minding their own business walking to the Grove street path stop today. This woman was walking step for step with this guy, right in his face! He was clearly not interested but she persisted! She should be happy she didn't get in my face I would have gotten even further up in hers! It would have made her uncomfortable. Then this evening I had the unfortunate experience of seeing the Healy teams box truck belting out mumbling dribble over a cheap loudspeaker. Couldn't understand a word! Gave the driver the finger but unfortunately I don't think he saw me. He probably gets that all day!
What is it about either one of these acts of personal intrusion that Team Healy thinks will make votes say, "Oh you know what? I love being screamed at through a bullhorn, I think I'll vote for that guy!" Idiots!

Posted on: 2013/5/14 1:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Prismatic wrote:
I just had Healy's wife on my block looking for support for the mayor. She spitted the typical BS about being a republican, even stated that Fulop wants to merge the Hoboken and JC police department. LOL! When did Fulop ever say that? Did I miss something? She continued on about how he was against Goya moving to JC. I simply replied with " but they got a tax break for millions of dollars and only created 9 new jobs."

She stood there with a dumbfounded look on her face, Mario Gonzalez had to step in to speak for her. There was something about her that wasn't right. She was swaying left to right while standing on my step. Don't think it was today's wind that was the cause of it though.

She's a known drunk - that's probably what it was. Great job on your part.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Really tired of the spanish robot Healy voicemails on my answering machine. My fear is that the bulk of the JC voters are not intelligent enough to read jclist, the Jersey Journal or the Star Ledger and that between voter fraud and the uninformed, Healy will prevail. I find myself hoping for a runoff. Please let me be wrong.

GO FULOP!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/5/13 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
I just had Healy's wife on my block looking for support for the mayor. She spitted the typical BS about being a republican, even stated that Fulop wants to merge the Hoboken and JC police department. LOL! When did Fulop ever say that? Did I miss something? She continued on about how he was against Goya moving to JC. I simply replied with " but they got a tax break for millions of dollars and only created 9 new jobs."

She stood there with a dumbfounded look on her face, Mario Gonzalez had to step in to speak for her. There was something about her that wasn't right. She was swaying left to right while standing on my step. Don't think it was today's wind that was the cause of it though.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
[quote]

You should be able to log on to the Hudson County Election Board Website too... they usually post updates/results... unless they go black tomorrow night for some reason :)

Yes, there should be a link on the County Clerk's page, sometime after 8 PM tomorrow.

http://www.hudsoncountyclerk.org/elections/default.htm

Posted on: 2013/5/13 20:55
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

maybeMoving wrote:
I'm hoping this is the right thread for this. Is there any sort of election night coverage either on the radio, local TV, or some sort of "live blogging" on any news websites? I'm wondering if there's a way to track things tomorrow evening or if we'll just find out once all the results are in and the winner is declared.

You should be able to log on to the Hudson County Election Board Website too... they usually post updates/results... unless they go black tomorrow night for some reason :)

Posted on: 2013/5/13 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/13 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
On Election Day tomorrow, Jersey City voters will choose mayor and all nine city council members

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
May 13, 2013 at 7:31 AM

President Obama has weighed in. Rapper Jadakiss has, for some reason, offered his opinion.

And finally, tomorrow, Jersey City voters will have their say in the city's quadrennial municipal election, when the mayor's office and all nine City Council seats are up for grabs.

Most of the focus is on the mayoral race. Incumbent Mayor Jerramiah Healy is seeking a third full term and fending off a very aggressive challenge from longtime rival Councilman Steve Fulop, with mayoral hopefuls Abdul Malik and Jerry Walker also in the mix.

The top-of-the-ticket contest could be the closest Jersey City has seen in years, with neither Healy's nor Fulop's camp extremely confident of the outcome. There is no public polling, but sources inside the two campaigns say internal polling shows a tight race.

Walker's bid could result in the city's first mayoral runoff election since 2001, the Healy and Fulop campaigns fear. If no candidate receives more than 50 percent of the vote - and if Walker draws in enough votes - then the two top contenders meet again on June 11.

The campaign is just about as expensive as the last citywide race in 2009. Healy and Fulop have raised more than $3.2 million total, with Fulop's haul a smidgen more than Healy's, according to their latest campaign filings. Walker has raised about $48,000 and Malik $12,000, the filings show.

The campaign has turned especially nasty in recent weeks, with Healy's campaign hammering Fulop over his support from Republican donor and education reformer David Tepper, his hands-on dealings with the public-school district and his decision to send out vote-by-mail ballot applications with his own campaign's address on them instead of the Hudson County Clerk's.

Fulop and his surrogates, meanwhile, have released multiple television ads and campaign mailers highlighting the 2009 corruption sweep that ensnared numerous Healy loyalists who later spent time in federal prison on bribery charges.

The focus has "definitely" hurt Healy's standing with voters, according to a Healy insider who asked not to be identified. It also has personally angered the mayor, who has noted that no charges were ever filed against him as a result of the sweep, the insider said.

The nine council races could bring change to City Hall, too. Only five incumbents are running, and two independent candidates in Wards C and D are well-funded enough to make Healy's and Fulop's campaigns nervous.

Polls for the nonpartisan election open at 6 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.

The Jersey Journal will have comprehensive coverage starting early. Keep an eye on nj.com/Hudson, and follow The Jersey Journal on Twitter, @jerseyjournal, for updates as returns begin to come in and for dispatches from Fulop's and Healy's election night parties.

After the polls close at 8 p.m., results will be recorded on The Jersey Journal's election hotline phone number at (201) 217-2498 as they become available.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... on_day_tomorrow_jerse.htm

Posted on: 2013/5/13 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/24 20:34
Group:
Registered Users
I'm hoping this is the right thread for this. Is there any sort of election night coverage either on the radio, local TV, or some sort of "live blogging" on any news websites? I'm wondering if there's a way to track things tomorrow evening or if we'll just find out once all the results are in and the winner is declared.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:
Because if you are not who you say you are, voters need to know. Obviously theres a few things we dont know about steve. He goes by dont ask dont tell, I go by ask and tell

Service record has nothing to do with sexual preference. You mock all vets with your comments. Pretty "un-American" of you. Am I speaking your language now, a-hole?

You are not entitled to know anything about a candidates sexual preference. Get over yourself.

I think Byebye has a crush on Steve.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:
Go Healy

I am glad that the end of this election cycle is coming. It has been a hard fought campaign on both sides. Unfortunately it got ugly at the very end, but the tension between the two candidates has been boiling for a few years now.

My prediction:

Healy wins first ballot - 53 Healy 44 Fulop 2 Walker 1 Malik

A - Epps destroys Gajewski - seems like Fulop camp gave that one up already anyway

B is a close one. Definite runoff but Meyers takes it as JJ endorsement of the independent hurts Chico and Meyers takes it.

C Rich Boggiano wins handily - Healy also wins big in C

D Connors wins in a runoff, cant figure out vs who though. Healy protects his home turf

E - Osbourne wins although Levin makes it a close one.

F - Runoff - Toss up - I take Robinson

At Large - Brennan Richardson and Lavarro win handily.

It just seems that to this voter - the fact that Fulop came out with an agenda so early, but then resorted to the ultra negative campaign at the end hurt him badly. I know many people who are sick of it. It has seemed to backfire in this area of Ward B.

If you read the proposals, many of them are not practical and they just seem like pipe dreams. I applaud him for his effort, but I don't think that he is the one to lead us. I have met him on a few occasions and he seems very fake and into himself. I don't see a genuine nice person in him.

The B4K issue has come back to bite him also. They can distance themselves from it all they want. If that was the case than a cease and desist order would be necessary to stop them from advertising on their behalf. Instead there are $2600 donations from Teppers wife and lots of lies. It is obvious that privatization is the goal of the Fulop campaign. If it wasn't, B4K would not be an issue

See you in 2017 - I think

My prediction: you're a bully and you work for the Board Of Ed union and you don't live in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2013/5/13 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:
Because if you are not who you say you are, voters need to know. Obviously theres a few things we dont know about steve. He goes by dont ask dont tell, I go by ask and tell

Lol...keeping stirring the pot troll....You are doing a great job of motivating people to get out & vote for Mr. Fulop. I'm not voting for Mr. Levin but he is a decent guy IMHO. Hope you are not unfairly hurting his candidacy. Would like to see him win or lose based on his own merit. But again thanks for hurting Healy so much.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 17:54
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:

Service record has nothing to do with sexual preference. You mock all vets with your comments. Pretty "un-American" of you. Am I speaking your language now, a-hole?

You are not entitled to know anything about a candidates sexual preference. Get over yourself.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 17:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/27 11:46
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/12 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:
Lol

The fraudnthing did happen

I heard lavarro pulled a classy move today by showing up at st. Aloysius church campaigning at mass with a few people and was asked by the pastor to move away. Classy move

Also, does steve have veteran status, can we see his dd214? I bet you he will never show it

Why would you question any service person's veteran status?? Talk about no class...

Posted on: 2013/5/12 16:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Lol

The fraudnthing did happen

I heard lavarro pulled a classy move today by showing up at st. Aloysius church campaigning at mass with a few people and was asked by the pastor to move away. Classy move

Also, does steve have veteran status, can we see his dd214? I bet you he will never show it

Posted on: 2013/5/12 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:
that's it? blah blah?

answer me about his team

So I am a troll because I don't buy into your Fulop BS?

because I don't agree with what you do.

That is ignorance

Absolutely not! You are not a troll.

You are obviously a Healy campaign operative with a laundry list of talking points, most of which are lies.

One the one hand Healy accuses Fulop of some absurd, Rube Goldberg plot or something completely ridiculous (suppressing votes in Ward E, for example). Then you run ads saying "Fulop has been accused."

On the other hand we have Healy on videotape acknowledging an illegal contribution from a developer whom Healy tells will get his applications acted on first. His closest associates are indicted and are today in prison or dead by suicide. And you write Healy has "never been accused?"

I'd be impressed if I weren't so disgusted.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:
I think what many of the "interlopers" don't understand about what is going on in this city is that the regular person who is from JC dislikes what you are about. Many of you don't realize that many of you come off as trying to force your ideals on everyone because you know better, you are smarter etc. JC people don't go for that

I was born in Margaret Hague, lived here my whole life, have relatives who work for the city and all of us are voting for Steve. To label, minimize, and attempt to separate "us" and "them" is exactly what's wrong with this city, its political culture, and tone. Personally, I like Jerry, but this election is about power for the sake of holding on to a tradition of patronage and privilege that should have died with Hague, Kenny, and Whalen. The sky will not immediately fall if Steve is elected because he will confront an entrenched Soviet-style bureaucracy thanks to years of cronyism and toleration by generations of residents.

Enough already. We're a better city than we were twenty years ago and a much better city than when I was growing up here and attending public school. You can blame "interlopers" but remember that Newport, the Mall, Portside, and the light rail were in the planning stages during Cucci and McCann. In fact, Rep. Guarini secured funds for the light rail about 25 years ago. The whole concept of the "Gold Coast" and influx of those pesky "interlopers" had the blessing of some of the most egregious abusers of our city government. I guess they never expected them to vote and demand better services.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
Don't feed the trolls ...Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:
I am voting for the mayor who has kept taxes stable, the mayor who has put the people in the right places so that crime is continuing on a downward trend. I am voting for the mayor who is a regular guy who is accessible to the public. I am voting for the mayor that has help develop this city into what it is today.

Any idea?
blah blah blah

To your points about why you're votiing for Mr. Healy, he delayed the tax re-val until AFTER the election so that he wouldn't be blamed for the incredible rise that most of us will see.

Yes, he's accessible to all of the people, as long as you're sitting on a barstool in one of the gin mills that still serves Pabst Blue Ribbon in 6 oz. glasses. Here's a test about accessibility. Send an e-mail to Healy and one to Steve Fulop. See who answers you.

He put people in the right places? Mr. Healy placed his cronies in their low-show jobs and gave them unmarked city vehicles so that they could drive them for their own personal use while the taxpayers pony up their gas money and insurance. And he fought Steve Fulop's motion to have those cars marked so that they would be used exclusively for city purposes. What POSSIBLE reason would there be to do that other than to continue to let his buddies use the cars to hit the Jersey Shore bars?

Again, Steve Fulop has an action plan for virtually every issue facing the residents of this city. Check his website. WHAT ARE HEALY'S PLANS? Outside of spending Saturday nights at his sons' bar, there are none.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Where the race stands, just days before the election?

Very simple, if people show up to vote then Steven Fulop wins. If not, and just the city workers show up, then Healy wins.

Simple.

Vote.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 13:44
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Here since 1987=interloper?

Posted on: 2013/5/12 12:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The at large debate on May 10, 2013 at Ferris HS
http://vimeo.com/65986024

Posted on: 2013/5/12 12:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
interlopers equal ignorance

Posted on: 2013/5/12 9:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:
that's it? blah blah?

answer me about his team

That is ignorance
tl;dr
Don't feed the trolls, and vote Healy on May 15th!

Posted on: 2013/5/12 7:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
that's it? blah blah?

answer me about his team

That is ignorance

Posted on: 2013/5/12 6:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Don't feed the trolls ...Quote:

byebyesteve wrote:

I am not voting for a 1 percenter who wants to turn our schools into financial windfalls for his buddy dave tepper and the other white collars at the expense of our children.

I am not voting for the guy who tried to silence absentee voters by changing the address on the ballot applications.

I am not voting for the guy who has been accused of voter fraud time and time again

I am not voting for the guy who wants to put part time police officers on the street.

I am not voting for the guy who wants to price the regular joe out of Jersey City.

I am not voting for the guy who is clearly trying to use our city as a stepping stone for a bigger job in Trenton.

I am not voting for him for those reasons. I am voting for Healy. He was never accused, arrested or charged in that big rig thing. You can insinuate whatever you want, just as I can do the same on the fraud issue, but no one was charged.

And yes, many of you think you are smarter than JC people and want to force your ideals down our throat. Take it to manhattan.

You call the guy inept. How so? Didn't Moodys upgrade our rating? We have not laid off one cop or fireman when everyone else did. The city is still developing.....

tell me this.

Do you even have an idea of who is on Fulops team besides his council people. Who will run the departments? Do we know? We do not, why is he keeping it private?

Any idea?
blah blah blah

Posted on: 2013/5/12 6:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

tell me this.

Any idea?

Posted on: 2013/5/12 6:16

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017