Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 12 »

Re: Dan is still Dan
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/19 16:52
Group:
Registered Users
T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Leaders lead. Talkers talk.

I also did not see Mr. Fulop there.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 6:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
150 people showed up. Action takes people. 150 is not enough for a recall. 10 times that is not enough.

Leaders lead. Talkers talk.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 2:28

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:
What has Dan actually succeeding in doing?

Seriously? Have you ignored everything that has been posted here?

I served two years on the Van Vorst Neighborhood Association board. I have been to and spoken at numerous city council meetings and I have given Dan a check every time he has ran for office. Dan has worked tirelessly for Jersey City for over a decade without a position and without a paycheck. And, again, just scroll down for the endorsement by the three leaders of the JC arts community.

Dan Levin is one of the best things that has happened to downtown Jersey City. Just look at his record. Just look at his accomplishments. This thread is packed full of them.

I want Dan to represent me. I don't work for the city, I am not a political operative, nor do I work for Dan. I am a dog walker. Althea will confirm this. I have known Dan for over two decades. Dan wants to make Jersey City a better place for all of us. But he can't do it alone. No one can. Your vote counts. I am voting for Dan Levin. I have seen what he can do. He deserves a seat at the table. But nothing changes if all you do is cast your vote and wait for the next election to make changes. GET INVOLVED! Attend meetings! Write letters! Call your politicians! MAKE NOISE! And not just in the weeks before an election.

That's how Dan does it. I admire him. He's a leader, a doer and I am voting for him. I hope you will too.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:
I was hopeful in those early years.

But what did you do? Dan has a full resume. He wants to make change and he has shown his determination through his actions.

Been here since 1995 - been involved in a lot of positive community efforts. Helping the Guardian Angels patrol with neighborhood watch groups after my neighbor was robbed at knife-point in her deli, several super early Fulop efforts like the "No Double Dipping" efforts, worked in the early days of the JC Hurricane relief group at Barrow Manion, and a lot more. But I'm not running for office.

What has Dan actually succeeding in doing? The reason so many Fulop supporters are now against Dan is because he has gone against every single principle he professed to be standing up for in these past several years. Like I said, if he hadn't sold out to the Devil that is Healy - and if all you supports were just talking about Dan, and not now becoming raving pro-Healy lunatics, we might take you a little more seriously. If Healy loses, Dan is going to have a really hard time getting anyone to work with him.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 0:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:
I was hopeful in those early years.

But what did you do? Dan has a full resume. He wants to make change and he has shown his determination through his actions.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
Well, when we rallied at city hall to hold Healy accountable, you weren't there.

I was. I listened to the speeches and rants and then observed no action in the following weeks and months. Yes, Riaz was involved in the recall but it was John Lynch and Esther Wintner who got it started.

The fact that Dan's parrots are starting to echo the Healy lies about Fulop makes me seriously doubt Dan's claim that he is willing to work with anyone. By giving tacit approval to a nasty smear campaign - and having his campaign manager show up at a rally at city hall to lead a bullhorn brigade against Fulop spreading even more lies - it seems pretty clear that it's quite personal for Dan and that his ego would never allow him to "work with everyone."

Spot on, T-Bird. Dan's sold his soul...we no longer believe in him, if we ever did. And I was hopeful in those early years.

Posted on: 2013/5/12 0:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Were you there? OK, let's say you were. 150 people showed up. Action takes people. 150 is not enough for a recall. 10 times that is not enough.

Election day is Tuesday. I hope all of you realize that, regardless of the winner, if you want real reform, your vote is just the beginning.

Dan Levin has been working for Ward E constantly for well over a decade. What have you done for your community?

Posted on: 2013/5/12 0:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
Well, when we rallied at city hall to hold Healy accountable, you weren't there.

I was. I listened to the speeches and rants and then observed no action in the following weeks and months. Yes, Riaz was involved in the recall but it was John Lynch and Esther Wintner who got it started.

The fact that Dan's parrots are starting to echo the Healy lies about Fulop makes me seriously doubt Dan's claim that he is willing to work with anyone. By giving tacit approval to a nasty smear campaign - and having his campaign manager show up at a rally at city hall to lead a bullhorn brigade against Fulop spreading even more lies - it seems pretty clear that it's quite personal for Dan and that his ego would never allow him to "work with everyone."

Posted on: 2013/5/12 0:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I can''t speak for artists for Healy, but I have already made clear my feelings towards him. As far as artists for Levin, just scroll down to see an endorsement by perhaps the three most important voices in the JC art scene.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:

How did all that "hold Healy accountable" stuff work out? I guess if you can't beat'em, join'em.

Nice.

Oh, and by the way, you never responded to my comment about affordable housing for artists. Last I heard, 111 First Street got bulldozed, and then the Healy administration let the developer off the hook -- that is, they are no longer requiring the developer to include affordable housing. Nice team you are joining. Yes, we didn't forget that.

I doubt any artists will be voting for Team Healy on Tuesday.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 23:44
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/11 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Yup, pure silliness.

I have no problem holding every elected official accountable, including the very one your candidate is supporting.

Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
How dare you? I was at Dan's rally to recall Healy! You weren't there! Where were you? Look at the the facts. Fulop is handing over the JC schools to Wall Street. I guess you're OK with that.

Sincerely,

Someone who doesn't think anyone walks on water and power should be shifted back to the people and the community groups.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 23:24
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I suspect we will find out if this is nonsense or otherwise. I hope you are prepared to fight if it is not.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneOBall wrote:
How dare you? I was at Dan's rally to recall Healy! You weren't there! Where were you? Look at the the facts. Fulop is handing over the JC schools to Wall Street. I guess you're OK with that.

Total nonsense. Not one shred of fact to support that claim. Healy's campaign literature now calls Fulop a Republican and put Mitt Romney's face on their attack ads. This is also untrue. Fulop has always been a Democrat. They know it is not true. They don't care. They will say anything.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 21:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 1:12
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
I thought OneOBalls comments about getting someone elected is only the first step and you have to keep working for reform showed a lot of wisdom. Which part of his thoughts were "silly" Althea? Or do you actually believe that anyone who suggests S. Fulop doesn't walk on water "hasn't been paying attention."

I also don't remember Dan leading any voter recall movement against Healy. That was a signature drive lead by Raiz Wahid among others. Levin did demand Healy and another Councilman step down voluntarily. But I believe he thought the whole voter recall movement would not get enough signatures and people's time could be better utilized towards more productive reform work.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 21:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/11 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Otis - The fact that you can say this means you are either just being silly or you haven't been paying attention.

Fulop has an extensive platform which includes drawing the autonomous agencies back under the City so they can't bond at will and keep the taxpayers on the hook for it.

If you look at who is actually involved in the campaign you will see it is the people that attend the meetings and like Candice, attended numerous BOE meetings while also supporting progressive candidates on both the JCBLOE and the Council. They went through Sandy and helped out even after sounding the alarm about the downtown flooding situation for years and having it fall on the administrations deaf ears.

It sounds like you have been more readily willing to listen to the Healy sound machine then to those in the community.

Every elected official should be held accountable and there are ways to to change the process so it is easier for the public to do just that.

Where were we when very few were following Dan on his recall stint? Why we were growing a real grassroots campaign and helping people improve their quality of life; we were attending meetings and asking questions; we were caring for our families and our neighbors; how sweet of you to ask!

Posted on: 2013/5/11 20:57
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Where were all of you when Dan tried to recall Healy?

The Fulop campaigners sound an awful lot like the Schundler backers from almost two decades ago. I think you might get your wish. (And I believe he is the least worst of the candidates.) Schundler privatized our utilities. If you have children in the JC school system, I hope you will be paying attention, attend schoolboard meetings and get involved. Getting your candidate in office is not a solution, merely a first step. I beg you to hold his feet to the fire.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:

Thanks H Parker. Will Candice's team include the Friends of the Loews in this new plan?

I can't imagine that the city could move forward without them, or that Steve would want to exclude them. I only know what Steve has said in the debates.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 14:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

H-Parker wrote:
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
We are writing to support Dan Levin for Ward E City Council. As supporters of Jersey City's art community, we feel that Dan has a stronger record of advocacy for the arts in Jersey City than any other candidate currently running in the 2013 municipal election.

Despite the high number of artists and performers living and working in Ward E, many of downtown's best known cultural institutions have disappeared in recent years. Dan Levin understands the need for local government to take a stronger, more forward looking role in maintaining downtown's unique cultural institutions - as well as encouraging new arts related development that will help Jersey City realize its potential to become the arts center of New Jersey.

Dan has worked tirelessly downtown for over a decade as an advocate for historic preservation, open transparent government and stable taxes, and has been a visible supporter of the arts. Dan offers an ethical, experienced, and independent voice to the Jersey City Council, please consider voting for Dan Levin this coming May 14.

Sincerely,

Orlando Reyes
Tony Susco
Greg Brickey

Candice's team wants to use public funds to turn the Loews theatre into a performing arts center. Dan's team wants to let it decay until it is replaced by condos.

Thanks H Parker. Will Candice's team include the Friends of the Loews in this new plan?

Posted on: 2013/5/11 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Instead of admitting to the comment about epps that i witnessed or being dishonest and denying it, dan's press secretary puts out a press release about the arts district... I guess thats enough of an answer

Posted on: 2013/5/11 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcmiles wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Levin is no longer an "independent" - ever since he got in bed with Healy. He's cheating on you...

Dan Levin is and always has been an independent. What about you OneSkirt? Are you able to think independently and choose your candidates on their record, or does Fulop say vote for X and you ask "how many times sir?"
dan lost his independence (and integrity) once he hitched his future to the healy machine or train wreck. no doubt, dan is a good man. and even a good man can make bad choices.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 2:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 1:12
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Levin is no longer an "independent" - ever since he got in bed with Healy. He's cheating on you...

Dan Levin is and always has been an independent. What about you OneSkirt? Are you able to think independently and choose your candidates on their record, or does Fulop say vote for X and you ask "how many times sir?"

Posted on: 2013/5/11 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/5/10 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
We are writing to support Dan Levin for Ward E City Council. As supporters of Jersey City's art community, we feel that Dan has a stronger record of advocacy for the arts in Jersey City than any other candidate currently running in the 2013 municipal election.

Despite the high number of artists and performers living and working in Ward E, many of downtown's best known cultural institutions have disappeared in recent years. Dan Levin understands the need for local government to take a stronger, more forward looking role in maintaining downtown's unique cultural institutions - as well as encouraging new arts related development that will help Jersey City realize its potential to become the arts center of New Jersey.

Dan has worked tirelessly downtown for over a decade as an advocate for historic preservation, open transparent government and stable taxes, and has been a visible supporter of the arts. Dan offers an ethical, experienced, and independent voice to the Jersey City Council, please consider voting for Dan Levin this coming May 14.

Sincerely,

Orlando Reyes
Tony Susco
Greg Brickey

Candice's team wants to use public funds to turn the Loews theatre into a performing arts center. Dan's team wants to let it decay until it is replaced by condos.

Posted on: 2013/5/10 21:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users

Sincerely,

Orlando Reyes
Tony Susco
Greg Brickey

Posted on: 2013/5/10 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

o73o2 wrote:
i loved dan. he was a man of integrity.

Really scary how the desire to get into office any way possible will affect integrity. Sad. How's that Healy resignation petition coming along for you, Dan?

Posted on: 2013/5/10 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
i loved dan. he was a man of integrity.

Posted on: 2013/5/10 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I can confirm but I'm just an anonymous poster. However, I think Dan Levin will confirm as well provided he is honest about making the (probably unscripted) remark.

Posted on: 2013/5/10 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
This comment is on Jerseycityindependent:

"Dr. charles Epps has left a great legacy in the Jersey City school system" - Dan Levin at the Healy Kick-Off at Michael Anthony's

Can anyone confirm or deny that he said this? Unbelievable!

link

Posted on: 2013/5/9 15:07

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 12 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact