Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City mayoral candidates get into shouting match over corruption at debate
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/13 15:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
How in the heck did the Mayor come out "clean" in this investigation?

Al Capone was never convicted of bootlegging, numbers-running, promoting prostitution, racketeering or murder. Since the government investigated him for all these things and didn't convict him, he must also have been clean.

In Healy's case, the smart money is that they hurt him enough to keep down Hudson Democratic turnout in the November 2009 election, and the case against was weak enough not to prosecute, given Leona Beldini's and Jack Shaw's firewall.

Just speculation of course. I wouldn't want the Mayor to threaten to sue me for alleging there just might be more evidence than actually came out.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 21:33

Re: Jersey City mayoral candidates get into shouting match over corruption at debate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
How in the heck did the Mayor come out "clean" in this investigation? I still don't understand this. Its disgusting. He even brags about being "clean" in this sting. How can he when its all on tape??

Because the traditional JC standard of "clean" is not being convicted. And quite a few Hudson County pols have not let a little thing like a corruption conviction stand in their way of doing business as usual.

I would love to know the proportion of Healy supporters who are not city employees or their relatives. I just can't imagine any other reason to vote for him.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
How in the heck did the Mayor come out "clean" in this investigation? I still don't understand this. Its disgusting. He even brags about being "clean" in this sting. How can he when its all on tape??

Posted on: 2013/4/22 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Speaking of corruption.....As this very important election draws closer, I encourage all of you to really soak in the contents and nuances of Jersey City's very own FBI sting video and ask yourself wouldn't a sitting mayor who is supposedly of sound moral character tell Dwek that his administration does not accept bribes? After all, the entire conversation is about Dwek trying to pay his way to the "top of the list." The 1:30 mark is loaded with money talk and Dwek even mentions a 10K payment to Jack (I assume Jack Straw) which Healy than says we will put to good use, etc.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I think its important to keep in mind that Mrs. Healy lied under oath when Jerry got in trouble down the shore at his sister's bar... I have no idea why they never charged her with perjury for that (but i'm not a lawyer so there are plenty of legal things I have no clue about).

I wonder what would happen if Healy took his wife's advice and did try to beat Fulop up... I imagine it would end the same way it did when Healy tried to push around the bradley beach police officer.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 12:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ProgressJC wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
He was in rare form at the Loeyw's. Smirking & laughing at Fulop as well as being his snarky self.

Now it didn't appear that he zoned out at Lincoln BUT he was jonesing & fidgeting & fussing. Dropped his mic & water at one point (had to get up to retrieve them). Healy's face was a real bright red by the end of the night.

Classy wife (NOT) sitting in front row urging Jerry to "Beat him up" (failed).

Bill Mastikoudis patrolling the auditorium.

Best line leveled at someone, imho, was when a friend said to Mastikoudis - "Now don't go texting Healy the answers to the questions". (or something to that effect, I was too busy snickering)
Well you are pretty classless yourself and btw Fulop might be the most pompous individual I have ever met.

HAH! Getting desperate are we?

Posted on: 2013/4/13 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Mrs. Healy keep yelling out inappropriate things at these forums,huh? At the Loews event, she yelled "He does not!" when Fulop said the he actually liked Mayor Healy (as a person). Rude, lady, rude. Yes, and classless. Have some pride. You are really hurting your husband's campaign.

Remember she wrote the letter blaming Healy's drunken expos? of his penis while sitting on his front steps across from St. Nicholas School on his sugar being high? I think we all know someone who's gotten really drunk and did dumb things but never has anyone I've known gotten drunk and exposed themselves in front of a school. Mrs. Healy, I understand that you want to support your husband but diabetics do not-I repeat, DO NOT expose themselves because their sugar levels get too high. That kind of behavior is caused by a different kind of illness. See the JCList thread about the NY couple recently indicted for plotting to drug children in order to have sex with them. THAT kind of illness is what causes a grown man, drunk or not, to expose himself in public, across from a school.

Posted on: 2013/4/13 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Mrs. Healy keep yelling out inappropriate things at these forums,huh? At the Loews event, she yelled "He does not!" when Fulop said the he actually liked Mayor Healy (as a person). Rude, lady, rude. Yes, and classless. Have some pride. You are really hurting your husband's campaign.

Posted on: 2013/4/13 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ProgressJC wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
He was in rare form at the Loew's. Smirking & laughing at Fulop as well as being his snarky self.

Now it didn't appear that he zoned out at Lincoln BUT he was jonesing & fidgeting & fussing. Dropped his mic & water at one point (had to get up to retrieve them). Healy's face was a real bright red by the end of the night.

Best line leveled at someone, imho, was when a friend said to Mastikoudis - "Now don't go texting Healy the answers to the questions". (or something to that effect, I was too busy snickering)

Well you are pretty classless yourself and btw Fulop might be the most pompous individual I have ever met.

Classless? HA! Takes one to think they know one

Only the ignorant, uninformed & scared of losing their patronage job would view a hardworking, confident, intelligent, TRUTHFUL & SOBER person as pompous.

Bar Keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2013/4/13 14:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/29 17:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
He was in rare form at the Loew's. Smirking & laughing at Fulop as well as being his snarky self.

Posted on: 2013/4/13 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
Did Healy stay awake this time? During the Heights debate, he zoned out. He had to ask, 'What question were we on'?

Posted on: 2013/4/13 11:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Considering the limited extra curricular activities offered by Jersey City and the JCBE, I was especially interested in all the candidate's answers during the Heights debate to the question regarding what kind of extra curricular activities would you like to see offered for our school children. Healy took responsibility for offering the PAL baseball program for boys at Caven Point and the PAL basketball program-also in Greenville-and the 'Catch and Throw' fishing at Reservoir #3. He seemed to have missed the question altogether. The question was what would he like to see. I would have hoped to hear him say he would like to see the same programs we parents want to see. Soccer, La Crosse, fine arts, performing arts, environmental programs, and a lot more!
Instead he basically pointed out how limited the extra curricular activities are for boys, how almost non-existent they are for girls, and that none are non-sports related. He also doesn't know you don't catch and THROW fish, you catch and RELEASE fish. This last one really got to me as apparently there are only three extra curricular activities he takes bragging rights to and he doesn't know the name or the nature of one of them. This is sad and embarrassing.

Posted on: 2013/4/13 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Did Healy stay awake this time? During the Heights debate, he zoned out. He had to ask, 'What question were we on'?

Posted on: 2013/4/13 2:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/13 15:22
Group:
Registered Users
"Shouting match" is headline speak for Healy interrupting Fulop twice:

1. Fulop talking about education and pointing out that Healy chose a "failed superintendent" for his ticket

2. When Fulop was speaking about corruption, pointing out that large numbers of Healy's close associates went to jail for taking bribe money for Healy's campaign

Voices were raised, but neither Fulop nor Healy was shouting, at least not the way my family defines shouting.

(The only shouting this observer heard came from Jeff Dublin in the back trying to interrupt Fulop's closing statement, and from Jerry Walker's supporters curiously interrupting their own candidate's talking points.)

The debate was structured so that the moderator asked questions of one candidate at a time. If there were two candidates speaking at the same time, one was interrupting contrary to the rules.

Let the good times roll...

Posted on: 2013/4/12 15:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
The inability of the FBI to make a case does not necessarily equate with innocence. Mayor Healy knew what was going on and had the opportunity and the responsibility(oath of office uphold the laws and support and defend the constitution) to put a stop to illegal conduct upon the part of his convicted supporters and he failed to do so. His failure to do so resulted in a benefit to him specifically campaign cash and regardless of whether or not he was charged such conduct is corrupt at least in the average persons view.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... e_films_at_corruptio.html

Posted on: 2013/4/12 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I was there and there was a horrendous shouting match between Healy and Fulop that was very embarrassing. The photo below was not taken during the incident but at some other time during the debate.

And btw, it was a good debate. I am glad I went.

Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I was not there but it states shouting match, was it a match or was just one person doing all the shouting ? If so the one loudly ranting was probably the guilty one.

Who looks to be ranting and who looks to be calm and collected?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/4/12 14:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
I was not there but it states shouting match, was it a match or was just one person doing all the shouting ? If so the one loudly ranting was probably the guilty one.

Who looks to be ranting and who looks to be calm and collected?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/4/12 13:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/28 0:17
Group:
Registered Users
?Let?s talk about the issues.? But corruption is Issue #1. Healy surrounded himself with crooks who went down soliciting bribes during his last campaign.

You can't argue this is harmless, it is a CORRUPTION TAX on JC residents, which we pay in favors doled out to contributors, incompetent political hacks "managing" city departments for fat salaries, and government jobs awarded for political loyalty, not for ability. It is what fed Charles Epps and his patronage machine at the Board of Ed for 10 years without moving the needle on student achievement.

Healy's crony government steals education from our kids, wastes tax dollars on his friends, and lets the city rot while he pretends he's doing a great job. WE HAVE TO DO BETTER.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 11:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
?I?m not going to apologize for other folks who veered off the right path,? Healy said, noting that he was ?vetted? by federal officials and was not charged with any crimes.

Oh Healy, when they catch you, and they will, it's going to be delicious.

+1

Beldini was more than just a treasurer. She owned a house in Bradley Beach right by Healy's. They were Bradley Beach Booze Buddies for 20 years. I'm glad I don't have friends like that.

And how TACKY was Healy's puffy faced (from drinking) wife sitting front & center telling Jerry to "Beat him up"? BTW, this boozer, who works for the BOE, is in charge of our children's health.

In fact, the whole Healy household is feeding at the publik trough. No nepotism here.

Bar Keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2013/4/12 11:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/4/12 11:09
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
?I?m not going to apologize for other folks who veered off the right path,? Healy said, noting that he was ?vetted? by federal officials and was not charged with any crimes.

Oh Healy, when they catch you, and they will, it's going to be delicious.

Posted on: 2013/4/12 10:56

Jersey City mayoral candidates get into shouting match over corruption at debate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayoral candidates get into shouting match over corruption at debate

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
April 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM

The four men seeking the office of Jersey City mayor met at Lincoln High School tonight for a two-hour debate, with the two leading contenders engaging in a shouting match about public corruption.

The candidates were discussing education when City Councilman Steve Fulop slammed incumbent Mayor Jerramiah Healy for Healy?s alleged inaction on improving the city?s public-school system.

?A failed superintendent is running on his ticket for City Council,? Fulop said, referring to former superintendent and Ward A council candidate Charles T. Epps Jr. ?Think about that.?

Healy didn?t take the crack lying down, telling Fulop that the councilman?s ?idea of improving the schools ? is having your cohorts who you helped elect to the Board of Education steer contracts? to political supporters.

Healy?s campaign has alleged that Fulop, who helped elect eight of the nine current BOE members, instructs school board members to award contracts to his donors and fundraisers.

Fulop has denied the charge, and tonight flipped the attack on the mayor by referencing the 2009 corruption sweep that ensnared a number of Healy loyalists, including Leona Beldini, a former deputy mayor and treasurer of Healy?s 2009 campaign.

Beldini is serving a three-year sentence after being found guilty of bribery charges. Fulop, who received a loud ovation for mentioning the arrests, blasted Healy for allowing ?a grandmother? to take the fall.

Much of the back-and-forth was inaudible as the two men talked over each other and the audience responded with cheers or boos. Mayoral hopeful Jerry Walker intervened to end the argument.

?I don?t want to hear this,? said Walker. ?Let?s talk about the issues.?

There were few surprises in the rest of the forum, which was attended by roughly 200 residents, community leaders and politicians. Walker, who runs the popular afterschool program Team Walker, portrayed himself as a non-politician who can get things done.

Walker tonight disputed the rumor, referenced by moderator Earl Morgan, a columnist with The Jersey Journal, that he is in the race to help Fulop by siphoning off minority votes from the mayor.

?I?m in it to win it,? Walker said.

Abdul Malik, the fourth candidate, like Walker used tonight to paint himself as a reformer.

Politicians, Malik said, ?have never done anything for us and they never do anything for us.?

The election is May 14. The mayoralty and all nine council seats are up for grabs.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_election_2013_jers.html

Posted on: 2013/4/12 5:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017