Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC mayoral race debate #4 tonight (4/17/13) SPU 7:30 p.m.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
They should only let Jersey City residents into these debates.

Posted on: 2013/4/23 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
The only thing that I saw as a blatant outright lie on the part of Healy was him saying that the Opportunity Scholarship Act (OSA) that he signed his support to is about scholarship opportunities and not vouchers. Scholarship here is a way to say voucher in a largely anti-voucher world. The scholarship comes in the form of a voucher. There is no way around it.

The homelessness issue is not handled well and I am not sure why Healy continues to use that line, but I think he may be poking fun at the audience to watch them get riled up. The audience is mostly made up of people who have already made up their minds.

Healy is right in that mental health counseling must take a prominent role in solving the homelessness issue. I think he knows that this makes sense to a lot of people. His delivery of his point gets a thumbs down. Healy is such a seasoned speaker that it is hard for me to believe he is not poking at the crowd, which I don't have an issue with :)

However, my limited understanding of the homelessness situation is that the count is only ceremonial. There is no real push to find the hidden pockets of people that really need help. Those that are visible are only a fraction of the total. We also don't hear any kind of plan or mention of existing services that are in place to help the homeless on the mental health front.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 10:58
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
I rather liked Healy calling COMSTAT COMCAST instead.

Healy lied several times, as usual. Healy said Fulop is running a negative campaign, but couldn't prove what Fulop literature has been negative/untrue. He lied about how Fulop voted on several issues.

And WORST of all - when asked about how to address homelessness in JC - Healy actually said, "There are an awful lot of people who don't want help. They like it on the streets." Lots of boos. Really cannot believe how offensive that was. And he believes it.

The only ones who agreed with him were all those damn fool directors of his who occupied the back of the room.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
I rather liked Healy calling COMSTAT COMCAST instead.

Healy lied several times, as usual. Healy said Fulop is running a negative campaign, but couldn't prove what Fulop literature has been negative/untrue. He lied about how Fulop voted on several issues.

And WORST of all - when asked about how to address homelessness in JC - Healy actually said, "There are an awful lot of people who don't want help. They like it on the streets." Lots of boos. Really cannot believe how offensive that was. And he believes it.

Posted on: 2013/4/18 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
About 300 people, good turnout.

Healy must have given the royal order cause McFadden, Mastakoudis, Hadley, Dublin & a host of other directors were there. Not that it made much difference because they were an embarrassment. They think the more they war whoop, the more they intimidate.

Among some of Healy's more brilliant statements was -

He kept referring to St. Peter's University as St. Peter's College.

AND THE BEST ONE OF ALL!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LAST 10 MONTHS MOODY'S HAS LOWERED OUR RATING! (Oops, he meant raised. Damn those Freudian slips.)

Posted on: 2013/4/18 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/4/17 23:38

JC mayoral race debate #4 (4/17/13)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City candidates debates kick off tonight with men who would be mayor

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
April 17, 2013 at 3:01 AM

The four men competing in the May 14 Jersey City mayoral race will meet tonight at Saint Peter?s University for the fourth debate of the 2013 campaign.

Incumbent Mayor Jerramiah Healy, who is running for a third full term, is fending off challenges from City Councilman Steve Fulop, Abdul Malik and Jerry Walker.

The four will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the university?s new student center on Glenwood Avenue between Kennedy Boulevard and Bergen Avenue.

full JJ piece..

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... y_candidates_debates.html

Posted on: 2013/4/17 13:03

Edited by Webmaster on 2013/4/23 3:29:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact