Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Candice Osborne and Dan Levin discuss race for Ward E Video
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ercarpenter wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Dan comes across as more of a politician, which is not a good thing.

Isn?t that just a sign of someone who has campaigned before? Dan has had more interview experience than Candice. His answers were fine otherwise.

If campaigning longer means he can't answer direct questions then yes, he has campaigned a hell of a long time.

Q: "Has Fulop been a good Ward councilman?"
A: "It's subjective..."

Really? if it was objective, I could have looked it up on google right? Such a dumb answer

To Candice:
Q: "Tell me good things about Healy"
Ans: "Well he shows up to soccer games and instituted a curfew after Sandy"

Okay, not the best answers but at least they are answers. She should have said that Healy is against the pipeline which "Fulop and I are against too..."

Posted on: 2013/3/12 14:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/26 16:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Isn?t that just a sign of someone who has campaigned before? Dan has had more interview experience than Candice. His answers were fine otherwise.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Advice to Dan Levin: Can you just answer the questions? No, we don't need you to "flip around the question." If we wanted you to answer the reverse question, we would have asked you the reverse question.

Advice to Candice: Can you not swerve so much. You're answering questions, not dodging punches.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 3:10

Osborne vs Levin for Ward E
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 7:21
Group:
Registered Users
Check the video link http://wp.me/p2PQWA-zH

Posted on: 2013/3/12 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not delving into who did better in the side by side. But personally, I think charmingly goofy is an asset.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PlainSlice wrote:

(and we can be sure that JTaylor is a "he")

Bet you a slice at your favorite spot you are wrong, PlainSlice. I'm pretty sure JT is a "she". And if I'm right, and she is who I think she is - serious case of the pot calling the kettle black in terms of "charmingly goofy."

Quote:

But there was one clear difference. When asked "do downtown residents get good value for their taxes?" Candice Osborne answered NO, and Dan gave a long, rambling yes.

Couldn't agree with you more on this one though. Watching Levin dutifully revise history (both his and the city's) so as not to upset Healy's lap was embarrassing to watch, regardless of who you support.

I find the whole Levin approach interesting - they come out swinging at Osbourne: "she's not qualified to run. I am the only one who has blah blah blah blah." If that's true - why does he bother bashing her every chance he gets? If he was really qualified and she was as unqualified as he'd like people to believe, then he'd leave her alone and be magnanimous, right? People would ride down the bike lane to nowhere and smile, thinking of all the many Levin accomplishments and Osbourne wouldn't have a chance...

Clearly she's qualified - with the significant advantage of having people skills and the ability to both speak AND listen...

Posted on: 2013/3/11 4:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
What a contrast between the two Ward E candidates!

We can agree on that. While JTaylor, a Dan-fan, focuses on the candidates' style (dissing the the woman as "goofy" rather than passionate or enthusiastic) he (and we can be sure that JTaylor is a "he") ignores matters of substance.

I think we can agree that both candidates love Jersey City.

But there was one clear difference. When asked "do downtown residents get good value for their taxes?" Candice Osborne answered NO, and Dan gave a long, rambling yes.

It's not hard to think that this answer might have something to do with an "evolution" in Dan's thinking since he started courting Jerramiah Healy's endorsement. Where Dan used to be known for asking why the city was stupidly run, poorly administered, and wasted tax dollars on cronyism (all charges he's made about Mayor Healy), all of a sudden we're getting great value for our tax dollars. How did the administration make such progress in the last year?

Yes, there is a clear contrast. Candice Osborne is able to think clearly about the city's problems, talk straight about them, and has the energy and skills to make some headway on them.

Posted on: 2013/3/10 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/23 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
MMMMEEEMMMPPPP sorry Mr. JTaylor, wrong.

They actually both come off quite well. I was surprised at how well Dan did, but clearly they come off very well with one giving more details in some questions and the other in other questions.

Still Candice was ahead of the curve on flooding issues before Sandy hit and then was able to rally and lead people in the disaster relief effort.

Leadership is a key aspect here. Knowing when and how to step in in the event of a disaster shows and tells a lot.

Posted on: 2013/3/10 13:47
soshin: Mention guns and bd pops up through a hole in the ground like a heavily armed meercat

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
What a contrast between the two Ward E candidates! As always Dan Levin comes off as professional, informed, even authoritative - while Ms. Osborne comes off at best as charmingly goofy.

There really is no contest here.

Posted on: 2013/3/10 13:24

Candice Osborne and Dan Levin discuss race for Ward E Video
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 7:21
Group:
Registered Users
Check Video link below.

http://wp.me/p2PQWA-z7