Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: DT Jersey City Real Estate Market?!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/14 15:55
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sutherland wrote:
I'm going to guess this property (136 Erie) sells for about $850k. My guess is based upon a similar sized house just around the corner on 8th St, basically only a few doors away, also listed with Armagno that sold for $850k That property had rental income and a back yard. We will learn more soon.

Just heard 136 Erie sold for ~$950k (ask was $1.1 million) to the Aussies. Inside was rough when I saw it so I would imagine it needs some work.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 16:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/17 16:29
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Take it from someone that currently rents from Dixon Leasing - you'd be better off leaving. They did the same thing to two tenants in my building after we moved in, basically tried to charge them the rent that they're charging now after renovations. Yes they had pretty reasonable rents for the area but the condition of the apartments suited the rent. You can still fight the increase if you don't want to move, but it will basically be at the judges mercy, I would just go in with tons of research on the other apartments rents in the area and pictures of your place if it hasn't been renovated in a while.

Of course they treated us like gold to get us into the apartment then from the first day on emails and calls went unanswered. Renting from them have been nothing but ongoing problems that I've never had with a landlord before. Communication is nonexistent with them. We're just waiting for our lease to be up to see how much they try to raise our rent.....

Posted on: 2013/4/9 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JC_GeeGee wrote:
Quote:

bobm wrote:
Dixon Leasing, which has an office in Exchange Place, is a subsidiary of Dixon Advisory, a huge financial services firm based in Australia. They have bought and manage several residential properties in JC, including the Hamilton Park brownstone where I rent the basement studio. They are attempting to raise my rent by over 60 percent.

60%!?!?! Is that legal? Your rent must be really cheap or they're trying to get you out of there b/c that kind of increase is outrageous.

My guess is the rent is pretty cheap, all the homes they purchased around here they raised the rents from 50-70% which is not bad since the original rents were like 800 bucks a month. However every home they purchased they did major work so a three bedroom renovated house with parking is worth $1400 a month. I have nothing but love for these guys. They have made the surrounding area a little more beautiful, its a breath of fresh air from the typical absent, section 8 collecting, south jersey landlord.

there is no rent control on buildings with less than 3 units unless the building is owner occupied in which case i believe the magic unit number is 5

Posted on: 2013/3/6 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_GeeGee wrote:
Quote:

bobm wrote:
Dixon Leasing, which has an office in Exchange Place, is a subsidiary of Dixon Advisory, a huge financial services firm based in Australia. They have bought and manage several residential properties in JC, including the Hamilton Park brownstone where I rent the basement studio. They are attempting to raise my rent by over 60 percent.

60%!?!?! Is that legal? Your rent must be really cheap or they're trying to get you out of there b/c that kind of increase is outrageous.

My guess is the rent is pretty cheap, all the homes they purchased around here they raised the rents from 50-70% which is not bad since the original rents were like 800 bucks a month. However every home they purchased they did major work so a three bedroom renovated house with parking is worth $1400 a month. I have nothing but love for these guys. They have made the surrounding area a little more beautiful, its a breath of fresh air from the typical absent, section 8 collecting, south jersey landlord.

Posted on: 2013/3/6 19:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bobm wrote:

Posted on: 2013/3/6 19:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/26 16:41
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/3/6 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Zillow will normally show the closing price.

Or you can get them here:

http://tax1.co.monmouth.nj.us/cgi-bin ... istrict=0906&ms_user=monm

Posted on: 2013/3/6 14:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/18 7:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Who are these Aussies everyone is talking about, is it one person, a group, are they actually from Austrailia ? People have bank accounts all over the world and different names for corporations, they rubber stamp everything.

It is an investment group from Australia. They use money from Australian pensioners to buy real estate in JC.

What website shows the closing price?

Posted on: 2013/3/6 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_GeeGee wrote:
Quote:

malcontent wrote:
How do you guys find the closing price? Tax records? What is the site and how long does it take to show the closing price?

Depends on how fast they close. Closing price will become public soon after but I'm not sure exactly how long it takes. Went into contract pretty quick. Wonder if the Aussies (Dixon Leasing) got it?

Who are these Aussies everyone is talking about, is it one person, a group, are they actually from Austrailia ? People have bank accounts all over the world and different names for corporations, they rubber stamp everything.

Posted on: 2013/3/6 3:47
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

malcontent wrote:
How do you guys find the closing price? Tax records? What is the site and how long does it take to show the closing price?

Depends on how fast they close. Closing price will become public soon after but I'm not sure exactly how long it takes. Went into contract pretty quick. Wonder if the Aussies (Dixon Leasing) got it?

Posted on: 2013/3/6 2:08

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/18 7:48
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/3/6 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/18 14:36
Group:
Registered Users
I'm going to guess this property (136 Erie) sells for about $850k. My guess is based upon a similar sized house just around the corner on 8th St, basically only a few doors away, also listed with Armagno that sold for $850k That property had rental income and a back yard. We will learn more soon.

Posted on: 2013/3/6 0:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
gotta love that zestimate, 819k when it sold in 10/12 and now 4 months later 1M which is a nice 22%!

136 Erie is now 'Under Contract'

Asking $1.1 million. Wonder how much the contact is below or above ask......

http://www.armagnoagency.com/ArmagnoA ... .asp?varSaleListingID=194

Posted on: 2013/3/5 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I think there are more pretty parts of Downtown JC than non-pretty parts. We are talking about a pretty city, not a pretty pasture or mountain range.

I think Downtown JC is prettier than most parts of the 5 boroughs. I think it's prettier than most neighborhoods in Manhattan aside from a few neighborhoods.

Yes, most people would say that Downtown JC is pretty darn pretty.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 23:09

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/5 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
Quote:

FKSJC wrote:
Quote:

pattyb wrote:
... The area is unhyped, pretty...

Seriously? Do you live (among the copious goose sh&t in Liberty State Park)? JC is many things, but pretty is not one of them. I get that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so one can always find it- but really?! Maybe the VIEW of NYC, river, etc is pretty (from waterfront or LSP), but the city itself?

What is ugly about the streets surrounding Van Vorst Park, Hamilton Park, or most of the Paulus Hook areas? I think the historical brownstones are scenic and pretty. I think there are parts of downtown that are ugly too but I find ugly interesting. I commute through the bowels of Newark everyday and it's one of the most visually interesting places I've ever seen, in an urban decay sort of beautiful way.

1) did not say ugly- just discagreed about JC being prettty

2) in fairness to original post-mentioned that I get it- de gustibus non disputandum est

Posted on: 2013/2/22 21:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FKSJC wrote:
Quote:

pattyb wrote:

Seriously? Do you live (among the copious goose sh&t in Liberty State Park)? JC is many things, but pretty is not one of them. I get that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so one can always find it- but really?! Maybe the VIEW of NYC, river, etc is pretty (from waterfront or LSP), but the city itself?

What is ugly about the streets surrounding Van Vorst Park, Hamilton Park, or most of the Paulus Hook areas? I think the historical brownstones are scenic and pretty. I think there are parts of downtown that are ugly too but I find ugly interesting. I commute through the bowels of Newark everyday and it's one of the most visually interesting places I've ever seen, in an urban decay sort of beautiful way.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 18:36

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/5 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pattyb wrote:

Posted on: 2013/2/22 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/3/15 20:01
From Downtown - H.P. area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Then again, the age range at Lucky's seems to be 21-70, so I guess I'm good for a while.

During the semester at St Peter's, I think the age range at the Park Tavern is something like 18-90.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
VA, I was mostly just teasing of course. But I find your experiences interesting. I think I'm a fairly social person, with the majority of people I regularly socialize with living in either JC, Manhattan, or Kings County. I generally find no fundamental difference in career focus or level of "busy-ness" between your average social JC dweller and your average social Manhattan dweller.

I do agree that the social scene is more "navigable" in JC though. I do wish that there were a few more spots to hang out. They will come with time I'm sure, but by then I'll probably be way to old to be hanging out in them. Then again, the age range at Lucky's seems to be 21-70, so I guess I'm good for a while.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 0:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Do your Manhattan friends not invite you to these events anymore, now that you live a whole mile away with 24 hour transportation? :)

Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
I would rather live in JC that NYC even though I could afford either. For one I am cheap and everything involving cost of living is higher there. I need to have some actual cheap stores accessible to me - I'm a Goodwill, discount grocery store kind of gal. JC has that along with a reasonable amount of culture - enough to have stuff to do but not so much it's overwhelming. In NYC there are always 10 things going on, with friends trying to get you to go to lots of different things, and I find it draining. I also find the apartment sizes claustrophobic in the city, combined with all the hustle and bustle on the street, crowds and noise pollution - you aren't shoulder to shoulder on any sidewalk in JC. I also don't like the loneliness of NYC, that you can so easily be anonymous most places you go - anywhere I go in JC I recognize people, they recognize me, I feel like part of a community.

Honestly I have all but dropped out of the NYC bar and nightlife scene. I find the social scene a lot more navigable in JC. Simply because you bump into the same people over and over, and once you know a few people they introduce you to everyone else. I have probably fifty acquaintances in NYC but in JC I have actual friends. The people I know in NYC - they are so busy hustling with their careers, they have limited energy for anything else. They are the ones promoting the art events, the live music events, having to say hi to everyone. Here, people like Dancing Tony aren't too busy to have a real conversation with you.

Oh and paying $15 for well drinks and $20 for a good cocktail - or alternately, having to take multiple trains to the LES or Brooklyn for something affordable - gets old REALLY fast.

My 18 year old self totally thinks I'm a lameass sellout for saying all of this, by the way.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 23:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
gotta love that zestimate, 819k when it sold in 10/12 and now 4 months later 1M which is a nice 22%!

Yeah, they look nice but unfortunately i can't feed the family on a zestimate.....

Posted on: 2013/2/21 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/21 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
The WSJ has an article today:

Of note:

"They're pushing tenant occupancy over homeownership," said John Taylor, chief executive of the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, a Washington-based consumer-advocacy group. "Having someone guarantee that renters will be there for a long time depresses values and makes it much harder for people to recoup lost equity and stabilize neighborhoods."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001 ... od=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

To John Taylor, I say: citation needed.

Repeating a falsehood doesn't make it true.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder what the sq. footage is.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Where on Eerie is that house located? Does anyone know how large it is or in what kind of condition it was in?

104 Erie.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/104 ... y-NJ-07302/38888644_zpid/

Posted on: 2013/2/21 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_GeeGee wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

JC_GeeGee wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Of note:

"They're pushing tenant occupancy over homeownership," said John Taylor, chief executive of the National Community Reinvestment Coalition, a Washington-based consumer-advocacy group. "Having someone guarantee that renters will be there for a long time depresses values and makes it much harder for people to recoup lost equity and stabilize neighborhoods."

Always liked that house on Erie (front page pic). I guess the Aussies liked it too....so much so they bought it for their portfolio.

That house is gross. The Aussies liked it so much they are going to fill it with renters.

Ha! If you think that house is gross, I wonder what you would think of my house!! That house is in much better condition than mine.

Ok, maybe it isn't "gross." But the good news is that you may soon be able to rent in it.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Where on Eerie is that house located? Does anyone know how large it is or in what kind of condition it was in?

Posted on: 2013/2/21 15:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

JC_GeeGee wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Of note:

Always liked that house on Erie (front page pic). I guess the Aussies liked it too....so much so they bought it for their portfolio.

That house is gross. The Aussies liked it so much they are going to fill it with renters.

Ha! If you think that house is gross, I wonder what you would think of my house!! That house is in much better condition than mine.

Posted on: 2013/2/21 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_GeeGee wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Of note:

Posted on: 2013/2/21 14:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Of note:

Posted on: 2013/2/21 14:20

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017