Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

Re: Dan Levin in talks to run with Healy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/14 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
To JPhurst
The council agenda is on line, I have never seen her name on the printed agenda for public comment. I haven't missed a meeting in a long time. Also, ordinances are recorded, when did Candice speak on an ordinance? Part of the reason, we have high taxes is because mayors in the past put newbie people on their slate and they don't know what they are doing. Candice would not be voting for Ward E, she would be voting on issues effecting the city. I don't want a newbie, I want a person who know how to ask intelligent questions and not to be told what to do. I personally find it appalling that anyone one runs for office and not attend the budget hearing, since the budget is one of the main jobs of the council.

Yvonne Balcer endorsed Dan Levin in the Jersey Journal.

Posted on: 2013/5/14 1:54

Re: Dan Levin joins Healy ticket as ward E Council candidate
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/1 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
The very issue he spoke out against, he is silent on. Sad.

Posted on: 2013/3/3 4:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCRealist wrote:
What does Dan say about this "No pay to play" fund raiser debacle?

On Facebook, on a page called "Political Insider", someone named Daniel Levin who looks a lot like the former frame shop owner Daniel Levin from Jersey City, NJ said this yesterday in a thread about that very fundraiser and PAC:

"look up a pac, better jc inc., not a lot of money, but everything is wrong with it."

Someone else compared it to another situation and questioned a previous post. That same guy, Daniel Levin then said:

" its all wrong."

Oddly (or not, depending on how you view the world) that thread had 40-something posts in it last night. It has since been deleted back to four, the deletes include the exchange referenced above.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 23:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/1 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
What does Dan say about this "No pay to play" fund raiser debacle?

Posted on: 2013/3/2 23:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
Dan will continue to meet daily with residents and business owners over the coming months, and as always can also be reached at 201-364-1730 or dan@onejerseycity.org.

I guess that means we won't be hearing from Dynamic Dan the Reforming. Man until after the election.

Maybe some of these hundreds of residents and business owners will ask him the questions he won't answer here. Maybe some of them will report back to us what Dan is thinking about the boat anchor he enthusiastically attached himself to was it just four months ago?

Posted on: 2013/3/2 18:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Many thanks to the hundreds of Ward E residents who have promised to support Dan Levin's city council candidacy.

Dan's long history of activism and advocacy of open, transparent government has struck a chord with voters hungry for change, and residents know that Dan will continue to be an independent voice for reform and accountability no matter who is elected mayor.

Dan will continue to meet daily with residents and business owners over the coming months, and as always can also be reached at 201-364-1730 or dan@onejerseycity.org.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 16:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fedup07302 wrote:
Still wondering why Dan is not on here giving an explanation
about this whole 527 pac debacle.
I just saw him posting on facebook defending healy's Pac. on some page no one reads.Why not explain here Dan.

This falls under the Dan is still Dan rubric. Why choose an active, broad, widely-read but contentious medium, when you can talk to a small number of people who already believe the same things you do.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 2:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Still wondering why Dan is not on here giving an explanation
about this whole 527 pac debacle.
I just saw him posting on facebook defending healy's Pac. on some page no one reads.Why not explain here Dan.
Or Do you only post under Jtaylor when things are not so smooth.
You have Ten Days to Change your mind about running with
Healy.

Posted on: 2013/3/2 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JTaylor wrote:
The anonymous attacks on this website directed at Ward E council candidate Dan Levin are not so much a discussion but an attempt to silence a smart and proven good government/ reform activist.

Who are these Osborne/ Fulop trolls who post this tiresome crap? And why do they believe "their" reform justifies subverting the democratic process by slandering the opposing reform candidate?

I'm sorry...who ever you are...I've lived in Jersey City since August of 2000. I sat on the board of my neighborhood association. I pay attention to local politics. And most important, I vote.

And as I've said in other posts on this site, I've voted for Dan Levin on more than one occasion. I've also outed myself as a former neighbor of Candice Osbourne.

So here's the thing...fellow anonymous poster calling the kettle black...had Dan not decided to team up with the very person he has railed against for all these years, I would have had a real conundrum on who to vote for as a resident of Ward E. I think both candidates are highly capable and either of them could more than do the job.

Speaking solely for myself, I need to have some respect for the person I vote for. Had your boy run as an independent, it would have gone down to the wire for me; in spite of my relationship with Candice. I may very well have chosen her, or I might have gone with Dan. It would have all come down to their respective campaigns.

But the minute Dan Levin joined up with the very man he was not so long ago demanding resign, he lost my respect and he lost my vote. So am I just another troll trashing a good man? I don't think so. I think I am an active citizen rightfully voicing my opinion in a democratic process.

I don't know who you are, if you're a private citizen like me, someone working for a campaign, or a paid hack. It doesn't really matter. But you and your candidate need to understand that choices have consequences. And Dan Levin made a choice that I, and many others who used to support him, can't get behind. If he is not happy about that, then he should have thought long and hard before he made his political bed.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 4:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Be honest Limper, do you live in JC? Why do you care if an uncontrollable reform candidate like Dan Levin gets elected Downtown?
Quote:

LimpiarElSucio wrote:
Slander would denote we are saying something untrue

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Slander would denote we are saying something untrue

Posted on: 2013/2/28 3:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The anonymous attacks on this website directed at Ward E council candidate Dan Levin are not so much a discussion but an attempt to silence a smart and proven good government/ reform activist.

Who are these Osborne/ Fulop trolls who post this tiresome crap? And why do they believe "their" reform justifies subverting the democratic process by slandering the opposing reform candidate?

Posted on: 2013/2/28 2:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder how Dan felt being at the Healy kickoff where the Main theme of the day was
"Let's not let the Newcomers take over OUR city"

That must have been very painfull to listen to.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/16 20:23
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the JC List webmaster. For lots of reasons but mainly for even HAVING this website which allows us all to keep our finger on the pulse of Jersey City but also for apparently being FAIR about how things work here.

I agree that Webbie does a pretty good job of sorting things out, especially when things get heated.

It is going to get tougher as we get nearer to the election and the mud gets slung with gusto.

He used to delete more posts, and I have no objection to him doing that especially when posters stray off topic.

Posted on: 2013/1/30 14:36
I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.
W. C. Fields

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the JC List webmaster. For lots of reasons but mainly for even HAVING this website which allows us all to keep our finger on the pulse of Jersey City but also for apparently being FAIR about how things work here. Think about how easy it would have been for our webmaster NOT to disclose the multiple accounts of this guy outed below. I used to read HOBOKEN 411 until it turned into a soap box for that webmasters political agenda. And even if I had agreed with that particular take on Hoboken politics I still would have lost faith in being able to get close to the truth there, since I could see the bias. So thanks Webmaster!

Posted on: 2012/12/6 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

December 3, 2012

Re: Open Letter to the Jersey City Municipal Council

Dear Councilmembers:

I am writing you as a longtime advocate for good-government practices and pay-to-play reform.

Civic JC, a group that I founded and led as president, worked with The Citizens Campaign and Diana Jeffrey, then of NJ Appleseed, to create and advance Jersey City's Contractor and Redevelopment Pay-to-Play Reform Ordinances adopted in 2008 and 2009. The reforms are contract-based and attempt to remove conflicts of interest and any appearance of such conflicts in the granting of no-bid contracts.

These reform ordinances have been successful, and have not been subject to dismantling, because they were not just tough but incorporated the best practices from around the state.

Based on past experience, I continue to support the conservative, yet effective approach of The Citizens Campaign to ensure that our Jersey City pay-to-play restrictions remain among the toughest in New Jersey by being strict, straightforward and easy to enforce.

Now, after three years, we are seeing a renewed and worthwhile effort to revisit, update and expand our pay-to-play reform laws.

I ask our city council to speedily approve and adopt Ordinance 12-157, proposed by Mayor Healy and based on a comprehensive set of recommendations from The Citizens Campaign and Civic JC, to become effective after next spring?s municipal elections. This would take the elections out of the picture and avoid politicization of the issue.

Thank you,

Daniel Levin
Founder and past president of Civic JC
Candidate for Jersey City Municipal Council

danlevin@onejerseycity.org
onejerseycity.org

-----------------------------------------------------

to learn more about the citizens campaign - http://thecitizenscampaign.org/

-----------------------------------------------------

any more concerns or questions about the subject of this thread, please feel free to call or email me directly. also, I plan on attending DCNA and Bike JC's Holiday parties both next Tuesday and a happy to discuss further.

Posted on: 2012/12/6 3:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Socrates gave the HCDO their mantra -

"When the debate is lost, Slander becomes the tool of the loser".

Bar Keep! Another Round!

Posted on: 2012/10/27 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
This thread has been going on for over two months and has 255 posts. I think at this point it's quiet because people have said what they want to say. I'm happy to keep the thread alive, if that's what you prefer HHend/JCFree.

Yes, I've been a volunteer for Fulop for several years as have hundreds of other people. I think people who are regulars on this board know me as a Fulop supporter. I also worked with Levin (Old Dan) on Civic JC.

Facts are what they are. Scream and moan and postulate about my motives, but I don't see any refutation of the facts presented, least of all by Dan. If I'm rewriting/editing out, Dan - please set me straight.

Posted on: 2012/10/27 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
says the guy with 3 posts, all of which are about how Fulop is evil.

Posted on: 2012/10/26 23:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/26 0:25
Group:
Banned
Wow, this thread sure did quiet down once webmaster blew up Crock/HCDeadO/40-other-users-being-the-same-one-person's spot. Since this slimy tactic represented the majority and most bellicose of the anti-Healy posturing here, perhaps seconded only by Fulop's campaign manager himself (who never disclosed his stake), the political talk here seems to have died considerably.

I guess we're to take it that the two guys fueling all of this stuff have been exposed. Empty pinata.

Posted on: 2012/10/26 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/7 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crockofsomething wrote:
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:
Bayside
crockofsomething
PlainSlice
DarthL
Kit
HCDeadO
Posted with the same IP address: 108.35.67.168

I'm shocked, shocked to discover anonymoJust becaus shenanigans on an online bulletin board!

I call crock on Bayside, PlainSlice, DarthL, Kit, HCDeadO, and especially on myself.

However, anyone who chooses to review all those posts won't find a single false claim.

And what I have called a crock, still is a crock.

My shrink is telling me I should take a vacation. Maybe I'll go to my beach house and read the collected works of Dr. Seuss.

This is the kind of "crock" I would expect from a Healy operative. Your method of trying to"influence" the board is duplicitous. Any legitimate "claim" you may have made (and I thought some claims were good) has been polluted by your manner of communication.

You can't rail against the other side for being devious in a devious manner without losing all of your credibilty.

Ironically IMHO the legitimate good Mr Levin may bring to the council has been polluted by the manner he has chosen to try to get elected. For some of us the end does not justify the means.

Maybe it is because I'm not down in the political mud with some of you but I am an angry taxpayer that is voting against Healy. Sorry ....end of sermon

Posted on: 2012/10/23 23:28
I'm not perfect.....but I'm not all bad either.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/10/23 23:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/18 23:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:
Bayside
crockofsomething
PlainSlice
DarthL
Kit
HCDeadO

I'm shocked, shocked to discover anonymous shenanigans on an online bulletin board!

I call crock on Bayside, PlainSlice, DarthL, Kit, HCDeadO, and especially on myself.

However, anyone who chooses to review all those posts won't find a single false claim.

And what I have called a crock, still is a crock.

My shrink is telling me I should take a vacation. Maybe I'll go to my beach house and read the collected works of Dr. Seuss.

Posted on: 2012/10/23 22:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:
Bayside
crockofsomething
PlainSlice
DarthL
Kit
HCDeadO

Oh Snap!

Posted on: 2012/10/23 22:34

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
Bayside
crockofsomething
PlainSlice
DarthL
Kit
HCDeadO

Posted on: 2012/10/23 20:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/18 23:11
Group:
Registered Users
Complain all you want, anonymous Dan-fan jcmiles, but neither you nor Dan Levin speaks to the real concerns raised.

Dan has consistently refused to answer these questions, even with a lifeline to his political guru, Dr Seuss. If you and Danny Boy think he's going to skate by on this by the sheer force of his personality, you're out of touch with downtown voters. The same voters he should have talked to before leaping into Healy's embrace.

Refusing to address this problem is a crock. And the alliance with Healy is the real crock.

"It's a crock," "is a crock," and "the real crock" copyright ? 2012 by crockofsomething, proudly serving Jersey City's crock-identifying needs since 2011. Unauthorized crocks prohibited.

Posted on: 2012/10/23 20:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 1:12
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Wait . . . T-Bird is Team Fulops campaign manager? And he felt OK not to let us know? And he wants us to think there is no agenda behind his comments? Yes? Well Bullshit T-Bird. Try full disclosure next time. Talk about a crock. Your strategy was obvious from the incredulity of your accusations anyway. Now its just ridiculously obvious.

Posted on: 2012/10/23 19:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@blogcityblog, I'm not hearing people say that Dan would go back on everything he's stood for. Corruption - using the word loosely - is often more subtle than that. The problem for Dan is that when he makes such an abrupt, self-serving political about-face, it's reasonable to wonder what kind of line he'll draw on the next issue.

Someone already suggested that Dan's silence on the Liberty Harbor North zoning change was one of those places where Dan's newly discovered allegiance to Healy is causing him to draw a new line. That was the kind of political donation-inducing developer giveaway that the old Dan Levin - or anyone looking out for downtown residents and Jersey City taxpayers - would have been all over.

Is it his policies or his principles which are "evolving" to adapt to his new, Healy-led circumstances?

But just you wait. I'm sure that sometime in the campaign, Dan and Jerry will pick some nice safe issues for Independent Dan to take an opposing stance. It will make a nice show.

But until Dan actually bites the hand that is now feeding him, everybody should wonder just where Dan's new normal will be.

Posted on: 2012/10/22 22:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/24 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
It's funny how some hard-bitten urbanites like JC list regulars can suddenly become virgins when confronted with a political reality check. Does anyone who really knows Dan Levin honestly think that he'd become a corrupt rubber stamp for Healy just because they run on the same ticket? I mean, really? Dan Levin? Handing out PILOTs to developer buddies and taking manila envelopes at local diners? C'mon.

Posted on: 2012/10/22 20:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/1 19:43
Group:
Registered Users
Dan is trouble if he thinks that Healy is giving him money.

Posted on: 2012/10/22 17:36

(1) 2 3 4 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017