Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Excellent Driving Skills in Shoprite/BJs Parking Lot
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
I *know* that's the purported reason, but that's a cop-out by the Pathmark management. They could get rid of the barricade and procure carts with radio controlled brakes that get triggered when taken outside a delineated, permitted zone. Target uses that type of cart, which is why you don't see red Target carts all over town. Of course, that costs money and Target is a company that is well known for their customer service.

Posted on: 2013/2/6 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Say what you will, but I rather deal with the ghetto trash at Parkmark on the Old Colony strip mall. Usually not as crowded and decent prices. Yes, I can't bring my cart to the lot (what's up with that?!)

If they didn't lock up they'd carts they'd all be in the projects. BTW, a few years ago I finally solved the riddle of how the wheels on carts get bent to crap, it looks like it would be hard to do. I watched guys with a truck full of carts retrieved from the neighborhood throwing them off to unload. Not so hard after all.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 22:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
The whole state has geniuses everywhere for transportation planning. How about "jersey lefts" (jughandles), state highways that have intersections and places of business built right off of them, merges from a complete stop to the leftmost lane!?!, or trying to go N on Washington Blvd when you are at Warren & 1st.

They should make Second St two ways and put a traffic light at Second and Marin Blvd.
There are so many idiots risking a ticket driving the wrong way from Warren Street east onto Second Street to get in the back entrance to BJs all the time. The most annoying part, these drivers honk at cars travelling in correct direction for being in their way!! Pedestrians beware - look both ways before crossing

Posted on: 2013/2/5 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
This lot is hell on Earth. In fact, every establishment in that lot is an exercise in frustration. I absolutely despise ShopRite (people yelling from aisle to aisle, ever present crazy long lines, apathetic employees, belligerent cashiers, people pushing carts as if they were in a bumper car attraction) and BBB is not much better. Say what you will, but I rather deal with the ghetto trash at Parkmark on the Old Colony strip mall. Usually not as crowded and decent prices. Yes, I can't bring my cart to the lot (what's up with that?!) but then again I dont have to deal with errant carts all over the lot.

Soon after getting to JC 6.5 years ago, my car was hit (probably by a truck) and my engine hood was damaged and indented. I see people parking diagonally and taking one space and part of another, people backing into other cars, shopping carts all over the place, etc. Why would anyone put up with this crap? And, of course, it has to be said: never EVER go here at the beginning of the month. It is a ZOO, for obvious reasons.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmiz wrote:
Anything bad that's happened to me in JC has somehow been tied to this lot.
By the way, I only enter/exit on the Washington Blvd side. That's the secret to sanity in that place.

I enter on the 6th St. side just past the bank entering in the front of Pep Boys. I'm away from it all and I can either choose BB&B or head south in the lot closer to the SR & BJ's.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:10
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Bad as the drivers are, the design of the lot is worse. What genius thought that all traffic entering the place should intersect with ALL the pedestrian traffic entering the stores from the lot? This is not an anomaly, most of our local supermarkets are like this. Costco, on the other hand, never has the main traffic anywhere near the entrance.

The whole state has geniuses everywhere for transportation planning. How about "jersey lefts" (jughandles), state highways that have intersections and places of business built right off of them, merges from a complete stop to the leftmost lane!?!, or trying to go N on Washington Blvd when you are at Warren & 1st.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Anything bad that's happened to me in JC has somehow been tied to this lot.

Bought a new car after I lost mine after Sandy. Parked in the lot, came back from BB&B and watched as a moronic woman too lazy to put her shopping cart back in to the caddy roll it right in to my back bumper. Her car was about three spots down. I completely laced in to her. It's morons like that who make a shitty parking lot completely unbearable.

By the way, I only enter/exit on the Washington Blvd side. That's the secret to sanity in that place.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Seems like a typical accident that can happen anywhere. Could the lot be better? Sure, but it's not the end of the world. I'm just glad nobody got hurt.

This does happen everywhere :) ...
http://photos.nj.com/jersey-journal/2012/12/post_1298.html

Posted on: 2013/2/5 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Bad as the drivers are, the design of the lot is worse. What genius thought that all traffic entering the place should intersect with ALL the pedestrian traffic entering the stores from the lot? This is not an anomaly, most of our local supermarkets are like this. Costco, on the other hand, never has the main traffic anywhere near the entrance.

Thats cause Costco is awesome.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

someguyinjc wrote:
Seriously? This happened at 2 p.m. on a Monday? I was there Saturday afternoon and the place was worse than a zoo. At least animals know how to behave themselves. I could almost picture Chris Brown and Frank Ocean knifing each other up in the crowded lot of ShopRite in order to stock up on unbleached all-purpose flour and other sundries.

Have these 2 guys been in accidents at the BJ's lot before, are they from J.C. ? If so was there a road rage altercation between them ? You would think with this many accidents the owner of the property would take the nessessary action to prevent any further occurances.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 13:16
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
pretty sure that fence is there at the bank's request, as they don't want to be a place for a bunch of thru traffic.

Quote:

ripple wrote:
They should put a stop sign at 6th st and Mall Dr. W and allow cars to access the ShopRite lot from the same place they enter for the Wells Fargo. That fence is completely unnecessary; there's no good reason for separated lots there.

ya rly. the design of the parking lot or the vague allusions to "i hate black people" have anything to do with someone being an idiot with a car.

Quote:
drifterx wrote:
Seems like a typical accident that can happen anywhere. Could the lot be better? Sure, but it's not the end of the world. I'm just glad nobody got hurt.
[/quote]

Posted on: 2013/2/5 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
They should put a stop sign at 6th st and Mall Dr. W and allow cars to access the ShopRite lot from the same place they enter for the Wells Fargo. That fence is completely unnecessary; there's no good reason for separated lots there.

Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2013/2/5 5:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/2/5 4:22

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/4 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
Seriously? This happened at 2 p.m. on a Monday? I was there Saturday afternoon and the place was worse than a zoo. At least animals know how to behave themselves. I could almost picture Chris Brown and Frank Ocean knifing each other up in the crowded lot of ShopRite in order to stock up on unbleached all-purpose flour and other sundries.

Posted on: 2013/2/5 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2013/2/4 22:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
I'm surprised they don't have a claims adjuster stationed onsite.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Too many people and especially Mommys driving large vehicles that they cannot handle. They also park like asses on our residential streets. They leave way too much space between their SUV's simply because they can't park very well nor are they capable of getting out of tight spots. Many of them end up parking illegally at corners because they can only handle parking in a spot from which they only have to pull straight out.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
I deliberately go to the A&P to avoid the shoprite parking circus.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
That parking lot is a circus. I can't wait until that entire plaza is razed and redeveloped.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 21:34

Excellent Driving Skills in Shoprite/BJs Parking Lot

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... html#incart_river_default

This isn't the way they teach it in driving school.

Two cars were damaged this afternoon when the driver of an Audi backed the vehicle on top of a Toyota Camry in Jersey City.

The accident happened around 2 p.m. today in the BJ's parking lot in the Newport section of Jersey City.

According to Jersey Journal freelance photographer Joe Shine, the driver of the Audi was backing up when she accidentally stepped on the gas pedal instead of the brake.

The Audi then drove on top of the front hood of the Camry, Shine said.

According to Shine, no one got injured.

Police officials could not immediately respond to a request for more information.

Posted on: 2013/2/4 20:19

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017