Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Safety in our non district schools and daycare centers
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/13 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Concerned Jersey City parents,

As it's hard for we parents to think of anything but the tragic events at the Newtown elementary school, I inquired at the Jersey City PD's East District Captain's meeting Tuesday night about the coordination/planning for safety precautions at schools and daycare centers in our city.

The good news: There is significant coordination between the Jersey City Police Department and the Jersey City public school system. Safety plans are firmly in place and have been for a while. Among other things, those plans include lock down procedures. In some cases, there are officers on campus.

The opportunity: There is no coordinated effort between the JCPD and the charter, parochial and private schools or daycare centers. However the JCPD confirmed they would begin those conversations and I volunteered to put together a list of schools for them.

Three things I need from you:
1 - Because new schools and daycares pop up all the time, I don't trust the "Google listing" that I found. I would ask you to review the list on the attached link and, if your child's school is missing, please add it to the list. Once I have confirmed the list is final, I will turn it over to the JCPD and will begin tracking which schools have been contacted. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/jcsafeschools

2 - If you are a parent at one of these schools and are willing to volunteer to follow up in one month to ensure that the communications have actually occurred between the JCPD and your school or daycare, please let me know by filling out the question on the survey.

3 - Please pass this survey along along to others who may not be on this forum.

Thank you so much for your help!
Candice Osborne

Posted on: 2012/12/20 14:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017