Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »

Re: Snor'Eastercane
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/3 20:43
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
The City of Jersey City website does now have information about mandatory and voluntary evacuation areas, as well as information about parking options for those living in flood-prone areas.

http://www.cityofjerseycity.com

Mandatory evacuation is limited to people residing on ground and first floor homes in certain areas. Those in high rise residences are encouraged to take shelter in their own homes. (That seemed a bit of a funny mandate to me.)

Posted on: 2012/10/28 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/

Mayor Healy Declares State of Emergency for Jersey City; Urges Voluntary Evacuations From Low Lying Areas Tonight & Asks Residents Who Can To Shelter With Family & Friends; Shelters Will Open At 8pm Tonight; MANDATORY EVACUATION FOR AREAS LISTED BELOW BEGINNING MONDAY, 10/29, @ 7am.

Update 10/28 4:10 pm: Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, in conjunction with the Office of Emergency Management is calling for a voluntary evacuation of everyone who lives in low lying areas. Those in high-rises who are above the first and second floors are being encouraged to shelter in place.

?Due to the unprecedented intensity and scope of Hurricane Sandy, We are encouraging, If possible, all voluntary evacuees to seek shelter with family and friends first,? said Mayor Healy. ?The numbers of residents who need to seek shelter from flooding are very well likely to be much larger than those affected by Irene.?

Shelters will be open by 8:00 p.m. this evening. All evacuees with existing medical problems should go to MS#4 on 107 Bright Street downtown, which will be ready to receive evacuees by 8pm at the latest, due to its proximity to the Jersey City Medical Center. Other shelters are PS #7 on 222 Laidlaw Avenue, Dickinson High School on Palisades Avenue, PS #17 at 600 Bergen Avenue, and PS#41 at Wilkinson and Ocean Avenues.

Those with pets must go to Pershing Field. All pets must be crated or caged and residents need to provide food for them.

In addition, all public and private schools have been closed for tomorrow Monday, October 29th and Tuesday, October 30th.

The Mayor?s Action Bureau is currently open and answering calls at 201-547-4900. They will also open tomorrow at 6am and will remain open for the duration of the Hurricane Emergency.

PATH Trains will cease all service at 12:01am on Monday, October 29th.

Residents seeing a downed power line should call 911 immediately.

Parking enforcement for all meters and street sweeping is suspended until Hurricane emergency subsides. Greenville residents who need to move their cars to higher ground should park in the lots at Public Schools 30 & 40 in Greenville.

Due to high winds, heavy rain and low visibility, residents are prohibited from operating motor vehicles on all Jersey City streets and highways beginning at 2:00pm on Monday, 10/29, and continuing until further notice.

Mandatory Evacuations Effective at 7am on Monday, October 29th, in the following locations in Jersey City:

? Residents residing in ground floor/1st floor buildings for all streets EAST of Green Street from Essex Street North to Columbus Drive.

? Residents residing in ground floor/ 1st floor buildings for all streets EAST of Washington Boulevard from Columbus Drive North to 18th Street.

? Residents residing in ground floor/ 1st floor buildings in Port Liberte.

? Residents residing in ground floor/ 1st floor buildings in Society Hill and Country Village.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 20:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/10 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently there is going to be a JC News Conference at 4:30pm as per NBC New York. Who knows though. Still no updates on the City's website.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
That is a good map -- so Downtown is really Zone A.... kind of the same as the lower East Side, the East Village, and Battery Park... and tomorrow night's surge will be the larger of the 2 high tide surges.

Here are some good Radar Maps from Accuweather -- click the links then click play

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/nort ... gion/weather-radar?play=1

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/new- ... y-ny/weather-radar?play=1

Posted on: 2012/10/28 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Here is the Hudson County storm surge map. ALL of downtown JC is at risk.

http://www.state.nj.us/njoem/plan/pdf/maps/hudson_slosh.pdf

Posted on: 2012/10/28 20:04
I live by the river.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/3 20:43
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I tried to park at the Gotham (Warren and Montgomery), but they only had ground level parking, which didn't really help. I ended up parking at 50 Columbus. There weren't many spaces left, but it's $23 per 24 hour period. Worth it as far as I'm concerned. I'm in Paulus Hook, which is prone to flooding. But I'm also concerned with debris from the forecasted winds. I'd rather be in a covered parking garage than on the street.

Quote:

ladybert wrote:
did anyone put their car in a parking deck for irene? where, and how much did it cost?

during irene i evacuated, but would rather just stay and put my car somewhere safe for this one...

Posted on: 2012/10/28 20:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Yea that's for NYC...what about NJ and Jersey City!!!

Posted on: 2012/10/28 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
The worst of the Surge will be Monday Night -- we should know better tomorrow morning. Does anyone know if you still need to feed the meters? For Irene we parked a car behind Burger King on Central in City metered lot.

=============================

Hurricane Sandy: Mayor Bloomberg Updates New Yorkers On Storm

(Sunday, October 28th, 2012)

The following are Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg?s remarks as delivered this morning at the Office of Emergency Management in Downtown Brooklyn:

?Well thank you all for coming. We are here at the City?s Office of Emergency Management, and once again I wanted to thank Pamela Mitchell for signing for us today.

?Our purpose this morning is to update you on the City?s preparation for Hurricane Sandy. I have talked to Governor Cuomo this morning, and our staffs have spent a lot of time with his staff and the MTA?s staff to make sure that we?re all coordinated, and I?m happy to say that I?ve never seen a coordination that I thought worked as well. Everybody understands that we all have responsibilities, and the cooperation that we?ve gotten from the State is everything we?d asked for.

?And I also had a conversation with the Governor volunteering our services for after we?re out of danger, because there?s likely to be a lot of damage if the hurricane continues to stall upstate and inland, and so our Police, Fire, Sanitation services perhaps will be able to help other parts of the state and the region that are less fortunate than we are.

?Last night we said this was a serious and dangerous storm. Nothing has changed there. The latest forecasts from the National Weather Service are for roughly the path and magnitude of the storm that we talked about yesterday. What they have changed is the magnitude of the storm surge that we are expecting in the coastal areas.

?The surge, particularly at high tides ? and there?s a high tide roughly every 12 hours, so tomorrow morning ? tonight, tomorrow morning, tomorrow night, the next morning ? that?s when the tide is in, and if the wind is going in the right direction, it brings an enormous amount of water in and can flood lower-lying areas, and so that?s what we?re talking about. And what they said is the surge will be a few feet more than what they predicted yesterday. They now are talking about a surge from six to 11 feet. The gale-force winds are going start late this afternoon and growing overnight. The worst of the storm will still be on Monday night, and that?s the worst of the surge. But tides overnight this night will lead to flooding in low-lying coastal areas ? those designate as Zone A. There?ll be a period tomorrow at low-tide when there won?t be a surge, but then there the high-tide. There won?t be a lot of water, but then the big one will be coming actually tomorrow night. Having said that, the one tonight can do plenty of damage.

?So I don?t want anybody to go to bed tonight thinking that they can spend tomorrow worrying about the night ? the night after. We?ve got to take some preparations today. And we anticipate that the surge will hit a lot of low-lying areas, and that the possibility of flooding will continue into Tuesday afternoon.

?In light of these conditions, I?m going to sign an Executive Order mandating evacuation of the Zone A areas. I?m also ordering that all of the City?s public schools be closed on Monday.

?Now first, as to the evacuation zone: Let me stress that we are ordering this evacuation for the safety of the approximately 375,000 people who live in these areas. If you live in these areas, you should leave them this afternoon.

?Low-lying areas ? Zone A ? include: Coney Island, Manhattan Beach, and Red Hook and other areas along the East River in Brooklyn; all of the Rockaways, and also Hamilton Beach and Broad Channel in Queens; almost all the coastal areas of Staten Island; City Island, a small patch of Throgs Neck, and other patches of the South Bronx are also part of Zone A; and Battery Park City and stretches of the West Side waterfront and of the Lower East Side and East Village in Manhattan.

?If you want to find out do you live in Zone A, it?s very simple: Just call 311 or go to the City?s website at nyc.gov. Type in your address, or give your address to the operator, and they will tell you if you are in Zone A.

?If you live in one of the 26 public housing developments in Zone A, be aware that all elevators there will shut down at 7 pm tonight. So it really is important that you leave this afternoon.

?Also, the MTA has announced that they will start shutting down service of subways starting at 7 tonight, buses at 9 tonight. So if you need mass transit to leave Zone A, there really is a timeline when if you don?t get there before they stop, you?re going to be- have to find another way to get out.

?Let me stress: If you don?t evacuate, you?re just putting your own life in- you?re not just putting your own life in danger; you are endangering the lives of first responders who may have to come in and rescue you. And we hope you don?t face those kinds of dire situations, but you could.

?My concern is for all the people, and particularly for the first responders who are willing to put their lives on the line, but there?s no reason to have extra risks just because some people said, ?Well, maybe I?ll wait it out,? and then later on changed their mind.

?If you do live in Zone A, your first option should be to seek shelter in the homes of family or friends in the city outside of Zone A during the storm, and you have all day to do that.

?As of 9 am this morning, we?ve also opened 72 evacuation centers in public schools around the city. You can, once again, find their by calling 311 or going to nyc.gov.

?If you live in Zone A and do not have a safe place to stay with friends or family out of Zone A, these shelters that I?ve talked about ? the 72 ? provide a place to sleep and meals, and there will be room for your pets, so take your pets along.

?If you are going to use one of these shelters, we strongly urge you to get there via public transportation. All of these shelters have at least one entrance usable for wheelchairs. But they might not have parking, so if you want to drive, there might not be a place to put your cars.

?If you require further information, you can call 311, or visit the Office of Emergency Management website, or the website of the Mayor?s Office for People with Disabilities, which will also provide information about accessible transportation.

?But I want to reiterate that this evacuation is mandatory. It is for your own safety. If you cannot evacuate yourself and need assistance, call 311 and we will be sure to make sure somebody comes and helps you.

?Now, we will not be, in general, evacuating patients in the hospitals and chronic care facilities in Zone A, although we have evacuated or are in the process of evacuating a small hospital in downtown Manhattan.

?The reason for all of this is that the shelters have facilities, they have backup generators, and it?s dangerous to move people when they?re elderly. So on balance, we think they?ll be fine. Every one of the shelters has been contacted more than once, and we?re satisfied that it?s an intelligent decision to leave them in place.

?The teams from the City Health Department are at these facilities making sure that the emergency generators are working and that they have back-up fuel supplies. And yesterday these facilities were also ordered to increase staffing immediately, and they have. Patients are also being moved to higher floors, where they should be safer in the case of flooding. And all of them have discharged patients that don?t really require their services to reduce the number of people they have to take care of.

?Earlier this morning, Governor Cuomo and the MTA announced that they have begun to put in effect the contingency plan that they described Saturday. As I said before, they?ll be closing down the City transit and suburban commuter rail systems tonight. Last subway runs will be at 7 pm; last bus runs will be at 9 pm. In the meantime, they are adding extra staff during the- today to be able to provide more transportation for people who want to leave Zone A.

?They do have to make sure that their equipment doesn?t get damaged. Otherwise, we would not have subway trains when this is over or buses when it?s over. So I think they are taking the kind of appropriate action that they should. That does put some pressure on everybody to use their facilities, however, while they?re still functioning.

?Let me repeat what I said earlier: This is a serious and dangerous storm. For those in Zone A, evacuation is mandatory. In or out of Zone A during the storm, however, the safest place to be is indoors.

?If you live in a high-rise and lose power, you may lose water as well. So I suggested yesterday, fill a few pots of water and leave them on the sideboard so you can drink. If- you can use them for other- the wash.

?During the height of the storm, use staircases. Avoid using elevators. You never know when power would go out. You don?t want to be stuck in an elevator. And if you are, obviously our Fire Department will come and rescue you, but they?ve got enough to do, so if we can avoid calling on them for those kinds of things, they?ll be there for real emergencies.

?Stay away from windows and close your drapes. As we said yesterday, flying objects can go right through a window. Now, gale-force winds are something that almost all buildings in the city are built to handle, but there are old buildings where sometimes pieces of the building fly off. We think that construction sites are all tied down, and that?s not as much of a worry as some of the older buildings. But if you don?t go outside, and you don?t go near your windows, you don?t run the risk of getting hit by flying objects.

?As I said, the public schools will be closed on Monday. We?ll make a decision Monday afternoon, evening about Tuesday. Our hope is that we can be open on Tuesday, but we will close the schools on Monday. Teachers who work in schools where we have opened shelters have volunteered to report to their shelters for serving the public, and that?s great. We will need them.

?Street cleaning rules and parking meter rules are suspended citywide on Monday, but City offices are open and City employees should make every effort to report to their jobs on Monday morning.

?Now we will, if we have any more updates, put them out later in the day. We will try to notify everybody in Zone A. It?s part of it depending on the fourth estate to do that. Part of it will we have signs up at intersections, and Police Department speaker- loudspeakers from cars will go around and try to notify everybody. NYCHA?s been knocking on all the doors in their Zone A facilities, and hopefully people will understand that it?s in their interest to get out.

?And a lot of people say, ?Oh well, I?m just going to tough it out.? If down the road, you can?t tough it out and we have to come in with our first responders saving you, those people can?t- those first responders put their lives in danger and aren?t available for true emergencies.

?Now?s the time to take the kind of sensible precautions that we said yesterday, even outside of Zone A. Make sure you have drinking water. Make sure storm drains and rain gutters are clear of debris. Secure outdoor items that might blow away in high winds.

?City parks and marinas, incidentally, will be closed as of 5 pm today until further notice. So please ? and some people in marinas want to ride this out ? this is a dangerous storm, and that?s just not the smartest thing to do.

?If you are going anywhere by public transportation today, just plan to complete your trip by 7 pm. This is critical: If you live in Zone A and must evacuate, do not wait until the last minute to get to public transportation. No system can accommodate every single person if they all show up at the same time. That?s not what they?re designed to do. So it would make a lot of sense to leave a little earlier. An extra couple of hours would probably make your evacuation trip a lot easier, and it certainly will help everybody else.

?Stay inside as much as possible after sunset tonight. There?s no reason why you can?t go to the store today to get the kind of stuff that you need, or even be a little bit outside. But just remember, as these winds blow and grow during the day, which- and they?ll grow to gale-force winds sometime tonight, the chances of a branch coming down or something are great.

?And we?ve been through a lot in the last 11 years. We?ve had experience with hurricanes. We?ve had experience with a transit strike and a blackout and more. So we know what to do, and I?m completely confident that all of the City agencies have made all the preparations that are appropriate, that they?re working together.

?We?ll certainly get through this, but we?d like to get through this with nobody getting hurt, and that?s a lot more important than property damage. My guess is that with an exception of some of the flooded areas, there won?t be a lot of property damage.

?But that?s not our first priority. Our first priority is keeping everybody safe, and because of the surge we think it?s appropriate that I sign an order mandating evacuation from Zone A.

?We all pull together in tough times. I?m sure your friends and families outside of Zone A would just love to have you for dinner tonight and to stay over. And if you have to stay on a couch, it might not be the most convenient thing the world ? or even if you have to sleep with a blanket on the floor ? but it?s a lot better than running risks of having people get hurt or worse.

?We have an effective plan to keep New Yorkers safe and to recover from this as quickly as possible, and we will do that.

?Let me before we take questions just try to summarize in Spanish.?

(YWN desk ? NYC)

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/G ... New-Yorkers-On-Storm.html

Posted on: 2012/10/28 19:37

Re: Hurricane thoughts?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The JJ picture gallery of Irene over 100 pictures.

http://photos.nj.com/4505/gallery/aft ... urricane_irene/index.html

Gee here?s a sad picture?wow..good luck to Walter!!!

http://media.nj.com/jersey-journal/photo/9942237-standard.jpg

Even with pumps running all night, Walter Piatkowski had as much as six feet of water in the basement of his home at Grand and Van Vorst streets.

http://media.nj.com/jersey-journal/photo/9942327-standard.jpg

Healy's son's bar is also in the gallery. Don't see any fire truck pumpers though. Hmmm

http://media.nj.com/jersey-journal/photo/9940079-standard.jpg

Marin Boulevard behind Jersey City City Hall was flooded after Hurricane Irene on Sunday, Aug. 28, 2011. -- SARAH ROSE VILLAFUERTE PHOTO

http://media.nj.com/jersey-journal/photo/9942326-standard.jpg

A woman takes a photo of flooding on Division Street in Jersey City brought about by Hurricane Irene on Sunday, Aug. 28, 2011. Reena Rose Sibayan/The Jersey Journal

http://media.nj.com/jersey-journal/photo/9941178-standard.png

C. Columbus Dr.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 19:30

Edited by neverleft on 2012/10/28 19:46:56
Edited by neverleft on 2012/10/28 19:50:49

Re: Hurricane thoughts?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
you are only 7 ft above sea level. You might want to check a FEMA flood map.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 19:30

Hurricane thoughts?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/25 19:10
Group:
Registered Users
I'm located near Marin/Montgomery and was here for Irene. First floor (raised up about 4ft from ground) apt and wondering if I should pack some bags and get on out.

Any long-time JCers have any advice?

Posted on: 2012/10/28 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pinkydapimp wrote:
So are we pretty much looking at what we saw with irene? worst? better?

Irene was over-hyped. You had government agencies reporting hurricane force winds when weather stations were showing that Irene was already below 60 mph. What made Irene bad was it dumped a lot of rain on an area that had already received too much rain.

This time, this is the real deal. The barometric pressure keeps dropping, which will aggravate the storm surge. I think we will get less or the same amount of rain as Irene (which will depends on how far South and how fast it moves). The storm surge though, given its present course and strength, will rival what NYC experienced during the 1938 hurricane.

If I lived in Newport, or any area not at least 15 ft or more above seal level, I would seriously look at bugging out. I would rather be in my car and mobile than stuck in a building with no gas, electricity, and a flooded ground level.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Didn?t NYC call for evacuations for area?s under 13 feet sea level?

I found this site that gives elevation?does anyone know if it is correct? Like do you know what your elevation is so you can check it on the site.

http://veloroutes.org/elevation/ (the site is to calculate bike routes..interesting)

I put in some JC addresses?they seem right..

Like for Society Hill I put in 100 Cottonwood St Jersey City New Jersey I think it is the club house it says it is 16 feet and that is what I heard in the past.

For DTJC I put in 30 Hudson St Jersey City New Jersey that is Goldman Sachs and it comes back with 6 feet which seems right.

For Country Village I put in Mina Drive Jersey City New Jersey that is a road by rt 440 by Newark Bay it comes back with 13 feet. (I think they have basement flooding during heavy rains)

For NYC I put in 1 world trade center new york, ny and it comes back with 6 feet.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GWeasley wrote:
Would some please explain where the hell Jerry Healy is? A category 1 hurricane is on its way to our shore and there is nothing on the website about evacuations. What a joke. Talk about lack of concern for your constituents.

He's either down Bradley Beach sandbagging his house or at his kid's bar protecting the beer.

Bar Keep! Another Round!!!!

Posted on: 2012/10/28 19:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/1 19:43
Group:
Registered Users
Would some please explain where the hell Jerry Healy is? A category 1 hurricane is on its way to our shore and there is nothing on the website about evacuations. What a joke. Talk about lack of concern for your constituents.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 18:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/10 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
Just saw on NY4 that Jersey City is calling for voluntary evacuations for those along the Hudson River and in Downtown Jersey City... of course, still no update on the City's official website. Fulop is doing status updates via Facebook, so I guess those who are concerned could maybe get in touch with him to get his take... but he isn't the one to make final calls and is saying so.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
the JC school district will be closed Monday (no school)

NJ TRANSIT will implement a gradual system-wide shutdown of all bus, rail, light rail and Access Link service, starting at 4 p.m. on Sunday, October 28 and continuing through 2 a.m. on Monday morning.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 18:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/30 23:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ladybert wrote:
did anyone put their car in a parking deck for irene? where, and how much did it cost?

during irene i evacuated, but would rather just stay and put my car somewhere safe for this one...

Newport mall was suggested earlier. Probably the cheapest option. park on the top deck.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 18:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/10/28 18:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
If we get a nasty surge, does anyone know if JC has ever dealt with one of similar magnitude? If so, any details would be great. I feel like after Irene I know what rain can do to DTJC, but I have no experience with a 9 foot surge... TIA

Posted on: 2012/10/28 18:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/30 23:29
Group:
Registered Users
So are we pretty much looking at what we saw with irene? worst? better?

Posted on: 2012/10/28 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Still no mandatory evacuations anywhere in JC, right?

Posted on: 2012/10/28 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
lefty55 wrote: Quote:
Bloomberg has held at least 2 press conferences and issued innumerable advisories. The Jersey City web site hasn't been updated since yesterday afternoon and not a word from Healy, must still be sleeping it off. What a disgrace he is!

He already evacuated to get high on grog?err ..I mean to higher ground.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 17:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City Public Schools are closed tomorrow.

This is also from the JCBOE website:

THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS WILL SERVE AS SHELTERS DURING THE STORM ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2012:

MS 4, MS 7, PS 17, PS 38, Martin Center, and Dickinson HS Gym

All JCPS Scheduled Field Trips for Monday, October 29 and Tuesday, October 30, 2012, are Canceled.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Bloomberg has held at least 2 press conferences and issued innumerable advisories. The Jersey City web site hasn't been updated since yesterday afternoon and not a word from Healy, must still be sleeping it off. What a disgrace he is!

Posted on: 2012/10/28 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
N.J. closings in preparation for Hurricane Sandy as 0f 10/28/12 1:30pm

By The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk
on October 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM, updated October 28, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Here is a rolling list of various closures or delays around New Jersey in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy.

This list is a compilation of closures reported on News 12, municipal websites and other news outlets.

This list will be updated throughout the day.

All PATH train service and stations will be shut down at 12:01 a.m. Monday until further notice.

All New Jersey state offices will be closed Monday.

Full piece with closings?

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012 ... round_nj_in_preparat.html

Posted on: 2012/10/28 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
NBC 4 just mentioned storm surge in Hoboken and Jersey City.

7 to 9 feet high.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Suggestion: If your car is parked at street level, move it to an upper level of the Mall parking garages.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 17:30
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
path suspending service at midnight

Posted on: 2012/10/28 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
To the low-life thief who stole a sump pump out of our truck today as we were unloading, I wish you all the bad karma possible.

Posted on: 2012/10/28 17:10

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017